Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,509 members, 7,801,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. (43077 Views)

Please What Can This Imply, I Can't Transfer / Can I Create A New Bank Account Without NIN? / 5 Online Businesses That MUST Make You Money Without Any Skill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by timiehyinshittu: 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2020
sogodihno:
I need to urgently disburse some cash in Bank, about 5 million to some people, but I have not been able to do this due to lack of NIN number, the NIMC center is currently not functioning, so their is no way I can't get it. The bank won't accept other means of identification like voters card or driver license, only NIN.

Please, what can I do, I need to transfer the money before this month end?
..which nonsense bank is that

1 Like

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by Jamieb(m): 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2020
Ademoore07:
Which state are you? I could refer you to a friend in oyo if u are closer. Most of their staffs went home with the registration setup (computer + scanner + printer) due to the lockdown.
This is false. Don't say what you can't prove
Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by Ademoore07(m): 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2020
Jamieb:

This is false. Don't say what you can't prove
You are very funny. I need not argue with you cos i understand how sensitive the info is.

3 Likes

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by kay29000(m): 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2020
Iamvetlander:
B

Lol! This made me laugh. grin grin
Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by frozen70(f): 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2020
lexy2014:

If nin is to identify ur financial transactions, what is d work of bvn? Is identifying financial transactions d original purpose of nin?

NIN gives you a true identity as a Nigerian and its link to your BVN

What other explanations do you need

1 Like

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by oluwasegun007(m): 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2020
Ho get international passport at the passport office...

The bank would accept that.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by frozen70(f): 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2020
Kizzygentle:

I don't even have an nin number.

Pls quickly do, that's the same thing that happened to op
Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by Ashirioluwa: 8:05pm On Jul 29, 2020
sogodihno:

Pls, what is the account type?

Types of bank accounts have nothing to do with this.

I have my account with Access bank. The High Interest Deposit Account (HIDA) - savings account

1 Like

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by frozen70(f): 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2020
Slymonster:

I tried it now myself. It worked, provided it is the same number linked with your BVN.

If you read well, you would have understood that op hasn't even registered for nin

1 Like

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by frozen70(f): 8:07pm On Jul 29, 2020
MhizJoyce:

A friend of mine told me she hadn't registered, yet she dialed it and got hers. You never know...

OK naw

1 Like

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by Empressgifted(f): 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2020
I just dailed *346# and my NIN was displayed. I never applied for it, i guess its linked to BVN.

4 Likes

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by Aksnoopy: 8:10pm On Jul 29, 2020
So you support Buhari as one of his online APC zombies and you don't even have NIMC number? What an irony!
Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by Kizzygentle: 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2020
frozen70:

Pls quickly do, that's the same thing the happen to the op
Thank you dear. I will.
Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by bigcee(m): 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2020
Sanchezmillz:

Im sure the bank doesnt want you to pull out the funds cos its close to the end of the month.They want to secure the deposit. Nin has nothing to do with withdrawals and besides if you want to upgrade an account in Nigeria, you need either of DL, Voters card, Nat ID card or Int passport, any of the listed would suffice.
You said nothing but the truth.
Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by sogodihno: 8:13pm On Jul 29, 2020
timiehyinshittu:
..which nonsense bank is that

GT bank

1 Like

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by Bolincosugar1: 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2020
Just did mine yesterday cos I needed it too for something but i paid for it.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by jmichael259(m): 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2020
sogodihno:
I need to urgently disburse some cash in Bank, about 5 million to some people, but I have not been able to do this due to lack of NIN number, the NIMC center is currently not functioning, so their is no way I can't get it. The bank won't accept other means of identification like voters card or driver license, only NIN.

Op, can you withdraw from the money?
If so you pay in directly to the accounts you want.

Many banks are nimc centres. Go around and Find one in ur city

1 Like

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by Mzstephii(f): 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2020
Go to the international passport office in your state of residence

1 Like

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by sogodihno: 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2020
Kalaba:

Bros, try it again using the same number linked to your bvn. Its not strictly for those that have done before. That was how I got mine.
These are the possible reasons yours in not working:
1. You are not dialing using the number linked to your bvn
2. Your bvn information was edited/updated within the last three months
3. There's inconsistency with the information on your bvn and that with the particular bank especially date of birth.

The bank is requesting for NIN cos NIN is the only information database similar to the bvn here in Nigeria, as some people own more than one voters card, international passport and drivers license with different information.

This is the information I received

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by Ashirioluwa: 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2020
sogodihno:

GT bank

NIN has nothing to do with bank transfer. Call the bank to let them know or go to the bank tomorrow morning.
Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by sogodihno: 8:23pm On Jul 29, 2020
Bolincosugar1:
Just did mine yesterday cos I needed it too for something but i paid for it.

Where and how much did u pay?

1 Like

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by sogodihno: 8:25pm On Jul 29, 2020
Ashirioluwa:

NIN has nothing to do with bank transfer. Call the bank to let them know or go to the bank tomorrow morning.

Thanks, tomorrow morning is public holiday, if they still insist, then I will have to be withdrawn the money and be depositing in various bank
Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by Naijaepic: 8:25pm On Jul 29, 2020
Re-examine this claim once again, the display NIN number might belong to the previous owner of the number.

We all remember how all these telcos recycle number after some period of dormancy.

DJperdurabo:

Worked for some colleagues I know...and no, they didn't register. Don't know the rationale behind it working as you have a valid point.

2 Likes

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by Spidermon: 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2020
I don't remember registering at the NIMC but I checked my GT account balance using *737# and my NIN is there in the USSD response right near my BVN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by Bolincosugar1: 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2020
Passport office in Ikoyi for 5k

Where and how much did u pay?[/quote]
Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by Almusty6060(m): 8:32pm On Jul 29, 2020
sogodihno:

Visit their Facebook page they will enroll you via Whatsapp. I was also enrolled some weeks ago

1 Like

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by lexy2014: 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
frozen70:

NIN gives you a true identity as a Nigerian and its link to your BVN

What other explanations do you need

To begin with, u haven't even explained anything.

If nin is to identify ur financial transactions, what is d work of bvn? Is identifying financial transactions d original purpose of nin?

1 Like

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by charley99: 8:37pm On Jul 29, 2020
Visit any immigration office closest to you only their offices is open or any GTB bank or Zenith bank branches

sogodihno:

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by frozen70(f): 8:38pm On Jul 29, 2020
lexy2014:

To begin with, u haven't even explained anything.

Am done with you

1 Like

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by Elsiedaniels(f): 8:39pm On Jul 29, 2020
Here
Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by sogodihno: 8:41pm On Jul 29, 2020
Almusty6060:

Visit their Facebook page they will enroll you via Whatsapp. I was also enrolled some weeks ago

And have u gotten your NIN number now?

1 Like

Re: I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. by Nickshrapnel: 8:49pm On Jul 29, 2020
Loveknitting:

Pls at where?
I think at the Otta secretariat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Naira Now Undervalued After Float, Bank Of America Says / Femi Otedola Celebrates Children's Day With Photo Of His 4 Children / Clover, South-African Company Withdraws From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.