Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Anonymity: What Are You Afraid Of? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Anonymity: What Are You Afraid Of? (1260 Views)

Are You Afraid Of Night? / Are You Afraid To Fly In An Airplane? / Nairalanders What Are You Afraid Of Self? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anonymity: What Are You Afraid Of? by muhsin(m): 1:37pm On Jun 16, 2007
Greetings,

I used to be very much astounded over what people are doing on so many sites I use to visit like Naira Land Discussion Forum. That is talking about hiding their identity such as name, sex, age, location etc.

My fellow good people how or I should why is that so? Or you are afraid of something- abduction, blackmailing, or what my people. I, as I use to say as an individual with unique acceptance and comprehension, I see nothing wrong in exposing this out.

What do you think?
Re: Anonymity: What Are You Afraid Of? by fuzek: 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2007
muhsin:

Greetings,

I used to be very much astounded over what people are doing on so many sites I use to visit like Naira Land Discussion Forum. That is talking about hiding their identity such as name, sex, age, location etc.

My fellow good people how or I should why is that so? Or you are afraid of something- abduction, blackmailing, or what my people. I, as I use to say as an individual with unique acceptance and comprehension, I see nothing wrong in exposing this out.

What do you think?

shocked shocked shocked
wat r u sayin
Re: Anonymity: What Are You Afraid Of? by muhsin(m): 11:09am On Aug 14, 2007
What are you saying?
What do want to actually say?
Re: Anonymity: What Are You Afraid Of? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2007
muhsin:

What are you saying?
What do want to actually say?

Bizarre.

But still, I presume the picture in your profile's not you - unless you're grey, furry and alledgedly have 9 lives?

Not a critism by the way, merely an observation.
Re: Anonymity: What Are You Afraid Of? by BABEELOVE(f): 4:36am On Aug 30, 2007
Not afraid of anything. Just like to keep privacy thingy going. You can say whatever and damn the consequences. Don't have to care about who and what. If you have not made your friends by now---you are really a late bloomer. I need something to keep me awake while I am at work---that's all!!! Life is complicated enough as it is. Don't want to add Nairaland to it in real life. Too much potential for confusion. It all ends here darling!!!! kiss

Bottom line! Would like total control of what comes and goes out of my life. If you do not have control over that---then you are finished!!!
kiss
Re: Anonymity: What Are You Afraid Of? by iice(f): 5:06am On Aug 30, 2007
BABEELOVE:

Not afraid of anything.  Just like to keep privacy thingy going.  You can say whatever and damn the consequences.  Don't have to care about who and what.  If you have not made your friends by now---you are really a late bloomer.  I need something to keep me awake while I am at work---that's all!!!  Life is complicated enough as it is. Don't want to add Nairaland to it in real life. Too much potential for confusion. It all ends here darling!!!! kiss

Bottom line!  Would like total control of what comes and goes out of my life.  If you do not have control over that---then you are finished!!!
kiss

Word!!
Re: Anonymity: What Are You Afraid Of? by dominique(f): 9:00pm On Nov 06, 2009
@muhsin
how much details about your identity have you revealed on nairaland yourself? tongue
Re: Anonymity: What Are You Afraid Of? by Nobody: 1:04am On Nov 07, 2009
since the internet offers people the option of being anonymous, thats why they are.

some people are abusing this anonymity though and using it to push their fascist and nasty agenda.

anyone who is bothered by the anonymity factor[b] for no reason[/b] should go protest at the web hosting companies, the open source hacker ITs, yahoo, google, aol, etc.

i noticed there's a trend whereby certain groups try to blackmail others by supposedly "leaking" their private details and info on the web. Very low class and cowardly if you ask me. The actual irritants who want to take over the internet and control everybody else are the heroes in this gestapo mindset of course.
Re: Anonymity: What Are You Afraid Of? by Nobody: 1:06am On Nov 07, 2009
muhsin:

Greetings,

What do you think?

Imagine if i had my name and location on here . . . by now you, uplawal, abuzola and anyiba1 would have found a way to kill me.
Re: Anonymity: What Are You Afraid Of? by manmustwac(m): 1:37am On Nov 07, 2009
davidylan:

Imagine if i had my name and location on here . . . by now you, uplawal, abuzola and anyiba1 would have found a way to kill me.
grin grin grin
Re: Anonymity: What Are You Afraid Of? by Nobody: 5:01am On Nov 07, 2009
davidylan:

are you trying to put ideas in someone's head?

everyone has to die sometime anyway- both murderers and victims alike.
Re: Anonymity: What Are You Afraid Of? by tpia5: 1:11am On Nov 21, 2013
well. . . . . .

(1) (Reply)

How Many Languages Are Within Java? / HELP! Afam4ever Has Killed Me. Time To Go! / Asian Man Pickpockets Phone With Chopsticks(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.