Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,954 members, 7,806,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? (25054 Views)

We Sell Coated Peanut In Wholesale and retail. Our Location Is Abuja. / Is Uber Business In Abuja Still Profitable? / Making Agribusiness Lucrative For Investors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Rosarie(f): 10:11pm On Jul 29, 2020
Poseidon000:

C'mon, be sincere with Op.

Abuja is mercilessly brutal to hustlers. Especially those starting small. I'm saying this out of first hand knowledge, cos I base in abuja too.

The people who have it smooth are mostly government and multinational workers.

Lagos is 100% more an ideal place for hustle than Abuja, unless you've the capacity to roll out financial big guns.
I live in abuja.my hubby has businesses here.not one or two.i am being candid.
Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Sammy07: 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2020
excessmon:
Have you lived in the two places before?
How much profit can doing business in Lagos bring?
In life business is about packaging and selling right.....I have tasted the two places and sincerely Lagos is overrated.... Abuja is the emerging world

Oga, Abuja is not a business area.
Don't spill out junks.

There is no way you won't sell in Lagos, even if you stay in a small container by the corner In anywhere.

Can you do that in Abuja?

8 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Chris525: 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2020
Arrrgghh Nigerians!

You countered facts with nothing but emotions & high hopes. Determination works if the conditions are right. You cant sell winter jackets in the tropics even with the determination of 1000 men.

You're way too corky for the knowledge that you really have.

insperyadyou:
So you work with the National Population Commission, or the National Bureau of Statistics to know that a huge chunk of that number are over 40. I would want to advise him to still come. There is no place one cannot make it in life. So long as you are determined, you can always climb life's ladder and eventually get to the top some day, regardless of the challenges you are anticipating here in Abuja. The world makes way for the man who knows where he is going.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Sammy07: 10:21pm On Jul 29, 2020
Guy, if you can relocate to Lagos sha

There is no how you won't sell, no matter the biz.
You will sell.

But have someone in Lag before going.
Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by excessmon(m): 10:24pm On Jul 29, 2020
Does my comment sound like an attack to you?
How many years did you spend in Abuja?

That’s how people have wrong conception about northern Nigeria.......
please before you analyze something try to go spend sometimes around it

Tourism is bae.....
Op please try to test new grounds....... how many people did u see leaving Abuja for Lagos? People only leave Lagos for Abuja..... try reason that’d
Sammy07:

Oga, Abuja is not a business area.
Don't spill out junks.

There is no way you won't sell in Lagos, even if you stay in a small container by the corner In anywhere.

Can you do that in Abuja?

5 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by excessmon(m): 10:27pm On Jul 29, 2020
You are very sound oga..... that’s the problems.....people always fail to understand that u only sell relevant products in relevant conditions...
Chris525:

Arrrgghh Nigerians!

You countered facts with nothing but emotions & high hopes. Determination works if the conditions are right. You cant sell winter jackets in the tropics even with the determination of 1000 men.

You're way too corky for the knowledge that you really have.

2 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by BlueBanana: 10:29pm On Jul 29, 2020
sexylassie2:
If you are making your cash in your city, don't leave for abuja.

Abuja is not a business or hustling city.

For example, you can not compare computer village in Lagos with zone 3( abuja computer village) Or even the phone village in wuse market to computer village.

It is hard to find jobs for job seeker in abj even govt job is hard.

Abuja was built for civil servants and politics not business.

Lagos,PH and kano are the commercial cities in Nigeria..the rest are doing catching up.

Onitsha is doing well too

1 Like

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Chris525: 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2020
OP please listen to everyone who's warned you about Abuja.
I'm not saying dont come, it may work out for you but prepare your mind.
Also never close a thriving business for another. Expand or Divesify.

11 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Stylekay: 10:43pm On Jul 29, 2020
Rgade:
Hmm... I don't know about lucrative,but I honestly can't stay in the same city with buhari.

Why? But you are sharing the country?
Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 29, 2020
Stylekay:

Why? But you are sharing the country?
Why? Are you just flying into Nigeria?
I can deal with sharing the same country but city would be too close.
What if I breath in the air he exhaled angry

4 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by ucheHapers(m): 10:50pm On Jul 29, 2020
Stay where you are. You can open a branch in Abuja with minimal investment. Dont close shop and move to Abuja without testing the ground first

8 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by LastProphet: 10:51pm On Jul 29, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Stop that pls. You just too negative. If he places targeted ads on Instagram and Facebook, he'll get customers.

You for go tell this bullshit to peeps selling in Wuse Market, Utako market na.

Everything he said is the pure truth, a business leader in Abuja has said the exact same thing before. You have no idea the taste of high society Abuja ladies, nobody from calabar can dare to have anything to sell to them except the OP will start traveling to Turkey, Paris etc to pick goods their taste. Does the OP have N2-5M for shop in Maitama/Asokoro/Wise 2? Don't put people in trouble because you want to sound positive not all situations are positive

15 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Bbbwings: 10:52pm On Jul 29, 2020
iamadonis2:

I can safely say I'm a force to reckon with in my current business location.
Do not close your present location down.

6 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by encryptjay(m): 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2020
Relocate? Why don't you save up and open a branch in Abuja? Nothing wrong is experimenting. Do your feasibility study and homework well. Don't just put all your eggs in one basket.

6 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Duru9(m): 10:57pm On Jul 29, 2020
The only lucrative business here is real estate and side chick to married men

9 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Severepains: 11:02pm On Jul 29, 2020
If you have enough capital and network well here, you will succeed.

1 Like

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Yankee101: 11:02pm On Jul 29, 2020
If it's contracts then yes

For regular business, lagos, Portharcourt etc

1 Like

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by GuyFawkes: 11:03pm On Jul 29, 2020
Emerging world my foot, a sleepy town meant for politicians and civil servants against a city of over 20M making it the 5th largest economy in Africa.
You gotta be kidding me.

excessmon:
Have you lived in the two places before?
How much profit can doing business in Lagos bring?
In life business is about packaging and selling right.....I have tasted the two places and sincerely Lagos is overrated.... Abuja is the emerging world

8 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by benokoh: 11:04pm On Jul 29, 2020
ministeriallist:
What business are you planning to set up in Abj and what location are you considering?
I might be able to advise you if it's an area I'm familiar with.
Block industry

1 Like

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
The oloshos go get perfect answers to this.

1 Like

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by xtophy1(m): 11:17pm On Jul 29, 2020
iamadonis2:
I run a business in a small city. Right now, I'm planning to relocate to Abuja (accommodation guaranteed) and possibly relocate my business to Abuja.

My concern is, with the attendant cost of living and running a business in Abuja, will I still be assured of high revenue and profit for my business?
Please, employ me when you are around. Abuja is a nice place

1 Like

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Slynation(m): 11:22pm On Jul 29, 2020
Rgade:
Hmm... I don't know about lucrative,but I honestly can't stay in the same city with buhari.
grin

1 Like

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Chris525: 11:24pm On Jul 29, 2020
Right!

All the banks have their operational HQ in Lagos for a reason & its not cuz of the beaches.

GuyFawkes:
Emerging world my foot, a sleepy town meant for politicians and civil servants against a city of over 20M making it the 5th largest economy in Africa.
You gotta be kidding me.

7 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Khez: 11:31pm On Jul 29, 2020
If you are a boy and a light skin and fine,those Hausa men go chase you tire ,your market go sell tire,if you he babe ,come fine make sense, they go rush you wella ,both sex go dey rush you,bit still be careful as a lot go promise you asorock if you are not sharp ,them go chop you�....sorry my bad ,what business are you into and relocating again??

4 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by damiloladuke: 11:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
Even people are making it in Borno

1 Like

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Flames000(m): 11:35pm On Jul 29, 2020
Who no go Abuja no go know sha...

Come 1st.. spend at least a month if yourabsence wont affect your biz at calabar.. only then will you advice yourself...

Abuja no be moi moi... especially for your niche of buisness (luxury items)

Luxury items in Calabar = Average item in Abuja..
Have this in mind...

8 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Arizonaz: 11:40pm On Jul 29, 2020
Abuja no be were you dey go without having a backup business. Is not easy for a starter. You need to be very smart and also be good in what you do I mean your skills.

5 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by DeLaRue: 11:52pm On Jul 29, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
sad Woteva u do,don't engage in mini supermarket biz oo

Just out of interest, what's the problem with engaging in that type of business in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by ezewealth(m): 11:58pm On Jul 29, 2020
davidhobo:

Hehehehe..hunger na hin go khee u here o.

Na only Runz girls full here, those are the ones you can access. They dont have money, just enough for skimpy clothes.

The women that have money, you cant even access them. You only see them drive by in flashy cars, you cant go to their offices or homes, and you wont even be able to meet them in churches either.

Abuja is by connect and network,.someone must hold you by the hand and drsg along into a place, clique or gathering.

Perhaps in conferences amd exhibitions only, you can meet women who.have luxuty taste. But, problem is-you/yourself cant even be near those places, you wont even know such events held at Transcorp or Sheraton till you watch the highlights on TV.

Where do you intend to set up shop by way?

You can come and sell okrika or OK or used clothes in maraba, nyanyan, kubwa, one man village, dei dei, to women and you will see good money, but luxury items?

Which luxury item you wan come from Calabar come sell Abuja woman? Alhaji wife wey dey go Dubai every week? Or Senator girlfriend wey dey go Malay? Or women who have contacts in Lagos and Joburg?

You go trek tire,o,. Maraba, Nyanyan, Kubwa, Gwagwalada na hin sure for u pass
Baba ur name na abuja. I used to tell my friends abuja is not for hustlers, I stayed in abuja for 3years bro, if you dont have connection u will hate your life. Plus expensive life, satellite towns in abuja are now getting expensive places like kubwa, lugbe. If u go FO1 in kubwa, dat place na 100% percent bigman area

5 Likes

Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by Monday60655(m): 12:00am On Jul 30, 2020
It depends on the business you're into and where you will be living to your business area.
Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by ezewealth(m): 12:02am On Jul 30, 2020
Wholesalebeast:
Check our thread on profile just in case you need a supplier for your fashion business. We sell at factory prices and ship to Nigeria.
Baba go into wholesale of rubber shoes and rubber slippers biz,
Re: Is Abuja Still Lucrative For Business? by darfay: 12:03am On Jul 30, 2020
ayenale1:

That a wrong notion please, Ogun state is the most industrlize state in Nigeria and one of the most peaceful in Nigeria, the people of Ogun state are welcoming, accomodating, peaceful and hardworking, every state have their own challenges and that should not be used as weakness.

Ogun is the most industrialized in what sense? You think factories and mega churches mean industrialization? Being industrialized entails having a series of industry certainly not limited to one. So when you say most industrialized does it mean the largest Financial industry, manufacturing, Tech, Health , Entertainment,Education, Manufacturing (this is what you should have said, ogun is the manufacturing hub of the country still debatable though)
Lagos is by far the most industrialized state in this shit hole by a very good margin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Make Money Living The Laptop Lifestyle / My Experience With A Corporate Begger / Man Returns N30,000 Wrongly Dispensed To Him By Diamond Bank ATM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.