Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,814 members, 7,806,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Random Musings On Religion. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Random Musings On Religion. (4378 Views)

My Thoughts On Religion I / My Conclusion on Religion / Brilliant Quotes on Religion By Thomas Paine And Robert Ingersoll. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 4:45am On Jul 30, 2020
I have posted a thread about the abuse of women and children in the catholic church.
See the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/4699322/decades-sexual-abuse-catholic-church

I have posted a thread about sexism and how the bible abuses women.
See link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/5855287/abuse-women-bible

So I decided to open a thread on my random musings and daily observation of religion. These are just my thoughts and feelings.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by hakeem4(m): 4:55am On Jul 30, 2020
This is great! And I believe it would be interesting

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 5:10am On Jul 30, 2020
So let's start off with two praise and worship songs about religion. Enjoy!!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrq-hY_DxO4
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 5:29am On Jul 30, 2020
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 5:35am On Jul 30, 2020
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dantedasz(m): 5:53am On Jul 30, 2020
How many religions are there in the world today?

4,300 religions
There are some 4,300 religions of the world. This is according to Adherents, an independent, non-religiously affiliated organisation that monitors the number and size of the world's religions.Oct 6, 2006.

Think deeply if you are an adherent of one of these religions because everyone of these 4,300 cannot be right!
If there is a god and that is a probability,then why would he allow these multiplicity of sects and cults with their various promises of reward if you obey their doctrines ?
Why would an almighty god allow men to write books of his doctrines for him/her/it?
Think deeply,for if there are 4,300 answers to the questions in your life,all of them cannot be right. Only one answer can be right. It then follows that 4299 answers are WRONG !!!

Last word~A slave has to know he/she is in bondage,before he/she can fight to be free. The indoctrination is very deep. Good day.

4 Likes

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by MightySparrow: 6:39am On Jul 30, 2020
God of the Bible is the ONLY true God. All others I don't know. He has been / is being misrepresented for ages.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 9:02am On Jul 30, 2020
MightySparrow:
God of the Bible is the ONLY true God. All others I don't know. He has been / is being misrepresented for ages.

Pardon my question, but how can an omnipotent and omniscient God allow himself to be misrepresented in a universe he created?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by joyandfaith: 9:08am On Jul 30, 2020
Caveatemptor:

Pardon my question, but how can an omnipotent and omniscient God allow himself to be misrepresented in a universe he created?

he created us with free will. humans are not robots.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by MightySparrow: 9:52am On Jul 30, 2020
Caveatemptor:

The same way you have the freedom to write on this thread whatever you would and He is watching you without any protest.

1 Like

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 10:13am On Jul 30, 2020
MightySparrow:
The same way you have the freedom to write on this thread whatever you would and He is watching you without any protest.

But he is omniscient and knows what I am going to write and he knows that what I wrote will make you respond as you just did. So where is the FREEWILL?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 10:15am On Jul 30, 2020
joyandfaith:

he created us with free will. humans are not robots.

Humans become robots if the maker of the robot has predetermined the robots every move. The maker also knows the end of every move of the robot he created because he is omniscient.

3 Likes

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by joyandfaith: 10:32am On Jul 30, 2020
Caveatemptor:

Humans become robots if the maker of the robot has predetermined the robots every move. The maker also knows the end of every move of the robot he created because he is omniscient.

no. you reap what you sow Gal 6:7. God has put before us life or death and we have liberty to choose anyone. if we obey him, life but otherwise it means death. deutl 30:19. humans are not robots and we do not become robots.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 10:56am On Jul 30, 2020
joyandfaith:

no. you reap what you sow Gal 6:7. God has put before us life or death and we have liberty to choose anyone. if we obey him, life but otherwise it means death. deutl 30:19. humans are not robots and we do not become robots.

Wait,we are having a discussion on freewill and pre determination and your go to book is the bible??!!
I can pull ten quotes out of the top of my head from that book that shows there is no freewill in a world predetermined by an omniscient god.

Ephesians 1 v5.

New International Version
he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will.

3 Likes

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by joyandfaith: 11:01am On Jul 30, 2020
Caveatemptor:

Wait,we are having a discussion on freewill and pre determination and your go to book is the bible??!!
I can pull ten quotes out of the top of my head from that book that shows there is no freewill in a world predetermined by an omniscient god.

no bible verses support predetermination
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by OtemAtum: 11:05am On Jul 30, 2020
MightySparrow:

Assuming god of the Bible as the Almighty God is the greatest error ever made by humans. How can you assume something which is less than 0.000000000000000000000000000000000001% of it as the whole of it? Okay, tell me, can God Almighty be caged or imprisoned? If not, why is the god of the Bible caged and imprisoned by the gods of science
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by MightySparrow: 11:10am On Jul 30, 2020
Caveatemptor:

But he is omniscient and knows what I am going to write and he knows that what I wrote will make you respond as you just did. So where is the FREEWILL?
The freewill is what you are exercising now, that why there are spiritual laws he has put in place just like other laws to check excesses.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 11:28am On Jul 30, 2020
Psalm 139 v16
Ephesians 1 v5
Acts 13 v 48.
Roman's 8 v29.
Roman's 8 v 30
Ephesians 1 v 4.
Ephesians 1 v 11
2Titus 1v 9.
Phillipians 2 v 13.
John 6 v 65.

These passages from the bible prove that everything is predestined by a creator God so from whence cometh freewill?

joyandfaith:

no bible verses support predetermination

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Caveatemptor(m): 11:33am On Jul 30, 2020
MightySparrow:
The same way you have the freedom to write on this thread whatever you would and[b] He is watching you without any protest[/b].

This is so untrue of an omnipotent and omniscient God in a predetermined universe.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by MightySparrow: 12:00pm On Jul 30, 2020
OtemAtum:

Assuming god of the Bible as the Almighty God is the greatest error ever made by humans. How can you assume something which is less than 0.000000000000000000000000000000000001% of it as the whole of it? Okay, tell me, can God Almighty be caged or imprisoned? If not, why is the god of the Bible caged and imprisoned by the gods of science
how?
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by MightySparrow: 12:00pm On Jul 30, 2020
Caveatemptor:

This is so untrue of an omnipotent and omniscient God in a predetermined universe.

tell me more
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by OtemAtum: 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2020
MightySparrow:
how?
Are you not aware that currently, Jehovah, Allah and thousands of religious gods are being caged by the gods of science?
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by MightySparrow: 12:14pm On Jul 30, 2020
OtemAtum:
Are you not aware that currently, Jehovah, Allah and thousands of religious gods are being caged by the gods of science?

Expatiate
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by OtemAtum: 12:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
MightySparrow:
Expatiate
in the spiritual realm, this period is when the Age of Aquarius will come to fulfillment on earth. To achieve this age, human beings on earth have to start realising that religious gods are not God Almighty, rather, God is the TOTALITY of Existence. Science at this age is supposed to be what humans set their minds upon to help them achieve all things, rather than religion. In order to achieve this, the gods of science have to encage the gods of religion, so that reincarnation of religious beings into the earth will be an almost impossible task while science oriented people can freely be reincarnated into the earth. Therefore the gods of science encaged the gods of religion such as Jehovah, Allah, Moloch, etc. Many gods of religion joined the gods of science in their quest.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by MightySparrow: 1:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
OtemAtum:
in the spiritual realm, this period is when the Age of Aquarius will come to fulfillment on earth. To achieve this age, human beings on earth have to start realising that religious gods are not God Almighty, rather, God is the TOTALITY of Existence. Science at this age is supposed to be what humans set their minds upon to help them achieve all things, rather than religion. In order to achieve this, the gods of science have to encage the gods of religion, so that reincarnation of religious beings into the earth will be an almost impossible task while science oriented people can freely be reincarnated into the earth. Therefore the gods of science encaged the gods of religion such as Jehovah, Allah, Moloch, etc. Many gods of religion joined the gods of science in their quest.
You understand Science can you tell me about Bible?
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dtruthspeaker: 1:12pm On Jul 30, 2020
Caveatemptor:

Because after His Last Official Appointment, many False followers of God now claim to represent Him.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dtruthspeaker: 1:14pm On Jul 30, 2020
Caveatemptor:

Ain't you heard the word "to see what they shall do?
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by OtemAtum: 1:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
MightySparrow:
You understand Science can you tell me about Bible?
Bible is one of the religious books on earth.
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Dtruthspeaker: 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
Caveatemptor:

Do you not know that you are a robot of a unique variety?

Every move is preset and determined like chess pieces.

That is what it means to be a creation like chess pieces and the Greater watches to see what the "pieces" shall do!
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by MightySparrow: 1:26pm On Jul 30, 2020
OtemAtum:
Bible is one of the religious books on earth.
And you feel that science has invalidated what and whom it represent?
Re: Random Musings On Religion. by Xmuslim: 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2020
Caveatemptor:

because he enjoys it grin.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why 66 Books Of The Bible? / Why Voodoo Doesn't Exist, My Little Experience / Where Will Suicide Victims Go: Heaven Or Hellfire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.