Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee (24477 Views)

Why EFCC Is Prosecuting Naira Marley – Magu / Akintunde Ajayi: Police Arrest Teacher Who Demanded Sex From Schoolgirl / Gunmen Invade Ibrahim Magu’s House, Kill Policeman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by Cvesta(m): 10:15am On Jul 30, 2020
I think you deserve to be detained for that outrageous amount

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by Golan007: 10:20am On Jul 30, 2020
SirBunky85:
can u prove he didn't know before paying?

In the whole universe of building materials merchants, such an unlikely coincidence that the lawyer purchased his materials from the judge in whose court he has legal matters.

The princely sum of 5 million Naira makes it even more damning.

Some people need to be shot.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by vhykeeytor(m): 10:26am On Jul 30, 2020
GOD GO SHAME BUHARI.... If.....Magu is not locked behind bar
Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by onegig(m): 10:27am On Jul 30, 2020
kutchs:

He said he paid for the goods worth #5m to the company and at the time, he didn't know the coy has a link to the judge. Can you prove he knows before paying?

Sorry to say but you lots are daft.

The 29 Ebutte metta Lagos address given was none existent.

At least if he was buying iron rod then at least they should have a physical address where the iron rods were warehoused. When Justice Ajumogobia was quizzed she gave 3 different accounts of why she received 5million.

How convenient that you paid 5milliom to an account of a presiding Judge in a case you were handling. The cosmic way had to just align so perfectly for that to happen. These are the lawyers you are claiming to be making allegations against Magu? If anything this clearly points to the fact that Magu is indeed innocent.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by onegig(m): 10:59am On Jul 30, 2020
BigIyanga:

So u know who has interest in all the companies u deal with? So if a lawyer handling Orji Kalu or Tinubu advertises with Sun Newspaper Ltd or TVC... so does it mean that he’s trying to buy favor from them?

Interest? That's a convenient lie he just made.

The Judge was the sole signatory to the Account and her kids listed as Directors.

They didn't even have a physical address and the one listed were non existent.

So let's even assume you bought iron rod. From what address?

Abeg the lie no jive.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by frog12: 11:03am On Jul 30, 2020
which newspaper PUBLISH this nonsense ?
Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by ayenale1(m): 11:09am On Jul 30, 2020
I also expect some boys wrongly accused of yahoo yahoo should also come out and present their case against magu
Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by BigIyanga: 11:20am On Jul 30, 2020
adecz:

Do you expect him to agree that
he bribed a judge?

His bank transactions were secretly
investigated before the damning
evidence was presented to him

The judge in question was notorious
for bribe taking
Do you understand what is called conviction? Was the lawyer ever convicted?? Was the judge ever convicted?
Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by BigIyanga: 11:22am On Jul 30, 2020
onegig:

The Judge was the sole signatory to the Account and her kids listed as Directors.

Abeg the lie no jive.
So u investigate a company’s bank signatory b4 conducting business??
Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by BigIyanga: 11:23am On Jul 30, 2020
onegig:

Abeg the lie no jive.
Any conviction of the judge and lawyer?
Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 30, 2020
Nackzy:
Magu is a very corrupt Police Officer, i know they're all Corrupt, sorry if your dad or mum or uncle or sister is one, only PDP guys (Saraki, Dino, Mike Ozokehme) were able to see it then but we didn't know, Now we know,

Buhari laid his fundation on Corruption, despite taking almost one year to choose his cabinet

these ones are small small money sef.

This country. hmm.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by ZooOga: 11:59am On Jul 30, 2020
dis case started in 2010 and finish in 2016? sharp readers, pls help me comprehend. and who the bleep works on a case for six years without receiving one kobo of compensation? did mr senior advocate bring his expense receipts and reports as proof or was this an audio testimony?

"The senior advocate, who helped the EFCC to secure the conviction of a former Director-General of Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency, Temisan Omatseye, in 2016, said he in the course of the case which lasted for six years, he travelled from his base in Abuja to Lagos several times and made 46 court appearances but was not paid a penny."
Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by gafaardy(m): 11:59am On Jul 30, 2020
I am sure this probe will end one day
Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by popsy2(m): 12:06pm On Jul 30, 2020
CiaoUncle:

If your senses were intact you would have known that there is no way an external solicitor to EFCC would pay 5m to secure conviction because win or lose he would still earn his fees.

If an external solicitor's performance is adjudged underwhelming by a client, it is logical that such a solicitor may likely be dropped and considered incompetent. Hence, an external solicitor will likely do anything just to secure a conviction and justify his pay.

That having been said, I demand an apology from you for the unwarranted insult.

Thank you.
Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by popsy2(m): 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2020
Ruggedniggaone:
you are dumb,how can a state prosecutor bribe a judge to secure conviction for the govt and that govt will still go ahead to prosecute him

You seem to be oblivious of what goes in Nigeria. Thanks for the insult. I won't roll in the gutters.
Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by Focusmind: 12:36pm On Jul 30, 2020
Nigerian senior lawyers and money. When you go to his chambers now, he is paying his young and junior lawyers 20k per month.

I know a lady that has been complaining bitterly about her meager pay as a lawyer. As at the time I did a call center job back in 2005, I was earning 90k per month then why she was earning a little above 15k in one senior lawyer chamber.

More than 15 years down the line, she is not earning up to 50k in the chamber where she is when I have move on speedily on career ladder.

I told her to set up her chamber and start with estate and building management at least with my town people that have properties here in Lagos. Today she is managing 3 buildings, less than five months after going solo. Recently, a land was sold at Amuwo Odofin and she got 5% legal fee of about 350k which was her 7 months salary when she was toying in one man's chamber.

Some times, you have to leave your comfort zone to pursue your dream.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by kazy1979: 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2020
All this allegations upon allegations but all the people that testify never alleged that magu collected money from them but claimed he abused his power for either locking them up, freezing their account or taking them to court. To me, Malami is just using the people that have issues with Magu.
All what we have been about this probe panel are just rumors from people. They accused him of selling properties to his family and cronies. They should give the address of those properties, people that bought them and the amount they were sold. U can just accuse someone without any evidence. Tell us not just allegations.
I remembered Magu tried to respond to all this allegations flying online but the panel rejected the response on the ground that those allegations were not from the petition.
Am not saying Magu is clean or not but mine is we should hear all sides first before we conclude that someone is a thief or innocent of the allegations.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by ajl: 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2020
“At that material time of this commercial transaction and till date, I had no prior knowledge that Justice Ajumogobia had any interest whatsoever in the company.”

Whatever you think, it doesn't mean this is not possible. Not every directors listed with CAC as directors are involved in running a company. Some simply became directors because they invested and may be involved in other things. By Nigeria standard, that N5 million is meager. People that give bribes in dollars. I don't believe EFCC. How can a prosecutor bribe a judge to win a case against the other party being accused of fraud? What's the motive? Even when EFCC was already owing him unpaid fees. It doesn't make sense.
Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by SirBunky85(m): 4:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
RealEzee:
he said so already, so now you can please prove he knew jejeli na abi e dey hard u ni?
and magu said the lawyer knew ,so u can now jejely prove he didnt know abi e dey hard u ni?
Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by ofwest47(m): 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2020
Na wao ! a lawyer demanding for 764 million Naira for a single case. corruption corruption corruption.
Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by CiaoUncle: 10:53pm On Jul 30, 2020
popsy2:

If an external solicitor's performance is adjudged underwhelming by a client, it is logical that such a solicitor may likely be dropped and considered incompetent. Hence, an external solicitor will likely do anything just to secure a conviction and justify his pay.

Th8at having been said, I demand an apology from you for the unwarranted insult.

Thank you.
Sorry bri.y.oii t still remains that prior t9 the decision of the court in the matter under reference, Obla had win so many celebrated cases for EFCC and being a staff myself, I should be in a position to set the records straight. Magu's penchant for intimidating and witch hunting perceived enemies is grossly underestimated. That said, I sorry for stepping out of line.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by popsy2(m): 9:47am On Jul 31, 2020
CiaoUncle:

Sorry bri.y.oii t still remains that prior t9 the decision of the court in the matter under reference, Obla had win so many celebrated cases for EFCC and being a staff myself, I should be in a position to set the records straight. Magu's penchant for intimidating and witch hunting perceived enemies is grossly underestimated. That said, I sorry for stepping out of line.

It's all good bro. Cheers!
Re: Godwin Obla: Magu Ordered My Detention After I Demanded ₦763 Million Legal Fee by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 31, 2020
shortgun:

It happens...it's all about the money.
The lawyer has a percentage that goes to him if the case ends in the commission's favour.

Exactly.

This Obla dude is a crook for sure...still doesn't mean Magu is clean because everyone involved in these deals is trying to get paid in a major way

Governance in Nigeria is a never ending racket

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 21 Internet Fraudsters In Umuahia / Lagos Police Arrest Serial Killer Cultist, Suspected Armed Robbers / Robber Who Escaped From Police Cell Nabbed Again During Operation In Imo. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.