Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,953 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) (766 Views)

Kohsi Is The Winner Of Big Brother Titans (BBTITANS) Season 1 / Venues Of Big Brother Naija 2019 Auditions / Real Names Of 2018 Housemates Of Big Brother Naija (Double Wahala) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by NEWACADEMY: 6:44am On Jul 30, 2020
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by temptnow: 7:03am On Jul 30, 2020
NEWACADEMY:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd30CJeMNaI

So I should click on that video?

La click la bend
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by mogivethanks(f): 7:08am On Jul 30, 2020
Wawu, it’s big brother
What a show
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by mogivethanks(f): 7:09am On Jul 30, 2020
The show keeps millions on Nigerians entertained yeah, and they are die hard fans
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by Oroyo10: 7:11am On Jul 30, 2020
The technicality of organizing 24 hour life show that well is inspiring.
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by mogivethanks(f): 7:11am On Jul 30, 2020
Imagine how much the organisers make , no wonder coro couldn’t even stop this year’s year edition
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by Oroyo10: 7:11am On Jul 30, 2020
Most of our parastatals, state government don't have that fine technical capacity to do it.
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by Oroyo10: 7:12am On Jul 30, 2020
I give it to the organizers
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by mogivethanks(f): 7:12am On Jul 30, 2020
Even the winners make so much for doing next to nothing
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by Oroyo10: 7:13am On Jul 30, 2020
mogivethanks:
The show keeps millions on Nigerians entertained yeah, and they are die hard fans
Entertained and engaged. There is a social benefits to that as well. An idle mind is the devil's workshop. BB Naija has some positive impact on crime rate.
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by mogivethanks(f): 7:14am On Jul 30, 2020
The problem is probably if it was a more impactful show, it might not attract so much sponsorship. Immorality sells faster no doubt
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by Oroyo10: 7:15am On Jul 30, 2020
This is another there story of the social divide of the society excelling while the intellectual divide are just running backwards.
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by mogivethanks(f): 7:16am On Jul 30, 2020
Oroyo10:

Entertained and engaged. There is a social benefits to that as well. An idle mind is the devil's workshop. BB Naija has some positive impact on crime rate.
no doubt about that, the show portrays so many negative things as norm
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by Oroyo10: 7:17am On Jul 30, 2020
I understand the beef towards this show but the truth most people who complain about it don't watch it. An average housemate in the show is an intelligent person.
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by mogivethanks(f): 7:17am On Jul 30, 2020
It’s even promoting quick riches syndrome that’s why millions will do anything to be there
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by mogivethanks(f): 7:18am On Jul 30, 2020
Oroyo10:
I understand the beef towards this show but the truth most people who complain about it don't watch it. An average housemate in the show is an intelligent person.
really? Maybe so but does intelligence alone keep you in the house
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by Oroyo10: 7:19am On Jul 30, 2020
You will notice how the organizers try to balance the combination. You have serious minded people and socially savvy people. Their intellect is the first thing you will notice. Atleast for most.
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by Oroyo10: 7:20am On Jul 30, 2020
mogivethanks:
really? Maybe so but does intelligence alone keep you in the house
Certainly not, but you can see the conscious effort the organizers are making not to just bring twerkers into the house.
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by Oroyo10: 7:21am On Jul 30, 2020
mogivethanks:
It’s even promoting quick riches syndrome that’s why millions will do anything to be there
That's a good point sha. One of the downsides.
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by mogivethanks(f): 7:21am On Jul 30, 2020
Oroyo10:
This is another there story of the social divide of the society excelling while the intellectual divide are just running backwards.
thats the bias of people condemning the show, does the show promote pure intelligence, resilience and grit cos those are part of the ingredients that makes success
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by Oroyo10: 7:22am On Jul 30, 2020
temptnow:

So I should click on that video?

La click la bend
cheesy
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by mogivethanks(f): 7:24am On Jul 30, 2020
Oroyo10:

Certainly not, but you can see the conscious effort the organizers are making not to just bring twerkers into the house.
even so, I think the immoral part will not go away cos that’s one the the things that sell the show. Probably if that is taken away the show stop selling this much
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by Oroyo10: 7:24am On Jul 30, 2020
mogivethanks:
thats the bias of people condemning the show, does the show promote pure intelligence, resilience and grit cos those are part of the ingredients that makes success
The show promotes intelligence to some extent, resilience and grit to a large extent. The show is a good show for an adult. The problem is when teenagers are watching it.
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by mogivethanks(f): 7:27am On Jul 30, 2020
If only shows that promote good success traits will attract so much attention and funding and stand the test of time . This will encourage us a youth that you don’t need to twerk to make it
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by Oroyo10: 7:27am On Jul 30, 2020
The kind of games they play, the kind of task they are given is really great and fun. If most people who criticize it, sit and watch it. They will change their minds. It is just an adult show. Is like there is a person in the house that is like you.
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by mogivethanks(f): 7:28am On Jul 30, 2020
Oroyo10:

The show promotes intelligence to some extent, resilience and grit to a large extent. The show is a good show for an adult. The problem is when teenagers are watching it.
Maybe intelligence to some extent but grit and resilience? How?

1 Like

Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by Oroyo10: 7:30am On Jul 30, 2020
mogivethanks:
If only shows that promote good success traits will attract so much attention and funding and stand the test of time . This will encourage us a youth that you don’t need to twerk to make it
Great point, l think Mercy's win did not help supporters like me but the winners before at least Efe and the other guy never twerked.
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by mogivethanks(f): 7:30am On Jul 30, 2020
Personally I don’t have a problem with the show even though I don’t enjoy it. Also watching it and getting addicted is a choice
My pain is the fact that brands prefer to spend millions on this kind of show while they spare ridiculous amounts to reward real intellectuals
That’s sad
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by Oroyo10: 7:32am On Jul 30, 2020
Oroyo10:

Great point, l think Mercy's win did not help supporters like me but the winners before at least Efe and the other guy never twerked.
The show is not as bad as people paint. At all, the problem is when teenagers are the ones washing and that is my problem with the show.
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by Oroyo10: 7:34am On Jul 30, 2020
There is nothing that happens in big brother's house that doesn't happen in more 98 % of the house of adults in Nigeria. Even if you bring professors together and show them 24 hours, it will still be the same.

1 Like

Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by mogivethanks(f): 7:37am On Jul 30, 2020
Oroyo10:

thats just to show you that the goal of the show isn’t to promote good behaviour it’s just to entertain and so far the viewers are entertained the housemates can do keep doing whatever
Re: The Economic Value And Social Problems Of Big Brother Naija - (video Analysis) by mogivethanks(f): 7:38am On Jul 30, 2020
Also the shown doesn’t guarantee that your intelligence will keep you in the house. People just have to like and doing things to make them like you is a lot

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bbnaija 2021: Beatrice, Pere Caught Kissing Passionately (video) / You Have To Remind Me Of The Horrible Parts in the soap (Dr Who). and all the / Nollywood Greets Hollywood With New Film Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.