Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults (37828 Views)

Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest / Osinbajo: FG Can Seize Assets Even Without Corruption Allegation / Lagos Ibadan Railway. Amaechi On A Train Ride To Abeokuta On New Coaches. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Camelo: 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2020
I had from reliable source that Abuja train station does not generate enough money to run and maintain and Govt still pump in money there monthly to supplement the ones they generate.I wonder how they will repay this loan with this kind of looting going on.Nigeria is a failed state simple.....

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
May Nigeria never become like Venezuela who despite the fact that they have crude oil..corruption within the government had made them the poverty capital of the world...

Oh Lord, do sth surprising in this country that those corrupt politicians will be put to shame...
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by DNSPro: 1:03pm On Jul 30, 2020
pafra:
Guys it's easy to criticis the government. Critically let's look at the situation of Nigeria.

Nigeria is a mono economy that depends on oil. The price have been down since the government came in it means, the amount realize from sells of oil can not finance our budget.

Please as Nigeria that want to see the country better let's list other forms of financing the budget outside borrowing.

Forget hate and let's talk about the nation
If they get security right, stable policies that are favorable to investors, bros, na investors go carry their money come and invest but would they do so under current wahala? NO! Lagos state killed Go kada or ORIDE for instance... would u want to invest in such a country? NO!

I know of 2 Nigerian men who took their money to other african countries instead of the land of their birth...

make una dey mumu dey go
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by BennyDGreat: 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2020
pafra:
Guys it's easy to criticis the government. Critically let's look at the situation of Nigeria.

Nigeria is a mono economy that depends on oil. The price have been down since the government came in it means, the amount realize from sells of oil can not finance our budget.

Please as Nigeria that want to see the country better let's list other forms of financing the budget outside borrowing.

Until they stop politicising the security of the nation, there can be no effective diversification. They must altogether stop looting the treasury. These guyz have enough and still loot..ahhh
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by geoffez: 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2020
When you talk some cows will say ipob,I think they're swing there mumu now?.How did we even get here at the first place?,GEJ run this country and never borrowed for any infrastructure and build alot of things,now this government couldn't show forth anything and stillborowing money for an unseen or unkown project.
If you ever criticize this post,you're worsth a fool than them
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Farki: 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2020
It is finished, Nigeria is being colonised again. shocked
I must leave this shit hole run by idiots by force.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by oluwasegun007(m): 1:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
Can't they arrest the president if we default...

That's why he's the president.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Elvictor: 1:06pm On Jul 30, 2020
distrust have made people not to be able to assimilate a thing out of what it was written, I laugh when someone mentioned the money is too big to construct such railway... hahaha.. Nigerians ehnn ... Amaechi has his own plans... he is doing his job the way he feel it can be done! if he stop this project the same people will be the one cursing him, he can decide to enjoy the benefits of being a Minister without doing anything like the others.
the same people will rant, Nigerians continue ranting and ranting without encouraging someone who is trying to help.

We are shouting sovereignty as if we have sovereign again, apart from crude oil point another economy dominance ona get for ona country

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Ategberoson(m): 1:08pm On Jul 30, 2020
pafra:

Why do you think I am defending Buhari. Can't we have mean full discussion without politics?
Check my other post for confirmation.

I agree with you on diversification but that will be on the long run. It can not produce the kind of money needed for the railways in the short run.

But it can in the long-term when proper infrastructure have been put in place

I am in no way supporting the government. But will agree on borrowing for critical infrastructure if the money borrowed are meant for the purpose and not looted

are you close to the govt to be sure it won't be embezzle or what exactly is this your gibberish you're ignorantly seeing as a point ?
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Excuses: 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2020
Sunmolar:
I'm beginning to think Nigerian politicians are lazy & slow in reasoning.

I said it many times,why not develop the ajaokuta steel complex to full capacity & functionality. Yet they went importing stones in the name of iron which is readily & abundantly available in Nigeria.

Always putting the cat before the horse in the context of infrastructural development.

Abeg which country developed China railways for them on loan?

Had it been the ajaokuta steel company was in the north i bet should be working by now,it's promise upon promise! Buhari, the guy is too sentimental..
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by UnusualJhay(m): 1:14pm On Jul 30, 2020
AKPATA IS COMING

NBA 2020 cool
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by webizone(m): 1:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
pafra:

Why is Nigeria a mono economy up till now? Is it that we are not blessed with diverse natural resources or with brilliant people?
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by pafra(m): 1:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
Ategberoson:
[/b]

are you close to the govt to be sure it won't be embezzle or what exactly is this your gibberish you're ignorantly seeing as a point ?

I am not close to the government. But I notice complete train station and many of the stations name after prominent Nigeria.

The government is not doing well for sure but on borrowing for critical infrastructure like railway with proves I don't see anything bad
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by kayjay69(m): 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2020
Are you a paid commenter or are you in love with the party of the day? If you do not believe that corruption exists in Nigeria and it is the bane of our present society, if its yes to these three questions, don't bother responding to this.

If no to the above then I'll pretend you are ignorant on what has been happening in this country since its inception. So much so that you trust politicians and whatever BS contract figures they throw around.

I know enough to know that the contract is over-inflated. You want proof, do your own research as I have, google.com to your rescue and you'll have some guidance as to what the approximate actual figures ought to be.

I am not saying the project is not needed. I am not saying all politicians around the world are not corrupt. I am saying our mode of corruption in this part of the world is very archaic and destructive. That contract, just like all large scale contracts awarded in this country (I can name many but do your own research) are over inflated, the money for this one project can certainly be used for more than one project. The real chopping should not be in over-inflating contracts it should be in the money realised from the project itself. I honestly wish our leaders would have an unsaid rule about projects: execute it flawlessly, within a good timeframe and at a low cost then steal the proceeds realised from the project. For example, such a railroad project will generate billions in revenue over the years to come, if only our politicians would steal from the revenue. Nigeria is so underdeveloped that we have so many projects we are yet to undertake, so many. We can use these monies we are borrowing to execute alot of projects that will lift millions of people out of poverty and that will help us attract the type of Foreign Direct Investment we need. That way everyone benefits, everyone is happy.

But no, we are so bleeping backwards, compared to the rest of the world, that we need like 30 of such large scale railroad projects to even have a chance at being at a competitive country (read the vision 2020 document by Accenture prepared during Obasanjo's administration).

As for how splitting the country helps us. The only reason for mass corruption on every scale is easy access to oil money at every level of government coupled with gullible, nonchalant citizens. You split the country you leave the SS to worry about their oil and be rest assured the ones who have the oil are not usually the ones that turn out to be best as you can see all around the world today. This will not automatically eliminate corruption in new regions formed but atleast it helps people in their respective regions fight against their individual govt free of tribalism, free of religious bias.

wirinet:

On what basis are you placing your bet? Are you a railway engineer or a train manufacturer?

As I said, provide is an alternative cost for the project, since you are sure it is over inflated. Now, I am not questioning your assertion, I am just asking for proof.

It does just include railroads and locomotive trains, but also stations and support services for the running of the trains. The train will connect not just two major cities, but several other cities as stop overs.

The other rail lines are also ongoing.

How will splitting the country help the transportation crisis we have in the country now. Will splitting the country ensure effective rail transportation between Lagos and Kano or Calabar and Kano? Or are you telling me that people would not need to travel between Calabar and Kano once we split?

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by pafra(m): 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2020
webizone:

Why is Nigeria a mono economy up till now? Is it that we are not blessed with diverse natural resources or with brilliant people?

You are right on this.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by joyandfaith: 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2020
abduljabbar4:
People are only making noise because it is China. Banks do this all the time. Fail to repay, lose your assets.

It is left for us to use the money wisely. As for me it's China over any western institution that is only specialized in telling us how to run our country and killing our local industries

enemy of my enemy is my friend. do u think muslims can practice Islam freely as being done in west.china has too many mouths to feed they are coming to colonize africans. for every 7 persons living earth, 1 is chinese. if Africa is not careful , china would do what germany under Hitler plan for Africa- farmlands.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by lokoloko84(m): 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
Bar1941:
I know our government is useless and may likely default from the agreement but the issue is even if China seizes the assets, they will still be in Nigeria they can't transplant them to China, it will still be for the betterment of our people.
Dumb comment!
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by webizone(m): 1:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
pafra:

You are right on this.

Then, we have to criticize the government. This government is powerful enough to reach into the bank accounts of its citizens to deduct money, this power cannot be found in developed countries. So what is going on?
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by SenecaTheYonger: 1:21pm On Jul 30, 2020
Let nobody come here and act surprise. You are begging china to forgive your loan. Are you crazy? You think China is America or what? Watch how they will collect a lot of countries in Africa, including Nigeria and start making policies that affect us. Just watch. Useless leaders. I curse all of them They will never find peace even when they die.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by joyandfaith: 1:22pm On Jul 30, 2020
Sunmolar:
I'm beginning to think Nigerian politicians are lazy & slow in reasoning.

I said it many times,why not develop the ajaokuta steel complex to full capacity & functionality. Yet they went importing stones in the name of iron which is readily & abundantly available in Nigeria.

Always putting the cat before the horse in the context of infrastructural development.

Abeg which country developed China railways for them on loan?

if Ajaokuta steel is developed, unemployment will drop to barest minimum. but which nation is ready to finance our steel industry without electricity?
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Dpearlz: 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
Elvictor:

and you will transport your agricultural products on your head, kudos!

Yes I understand your point of view. But my definition of critical projects is one that will bring these benefits ASAP.

- Reduce Food Shortages
- Reduce Unemployment
- Reduce Poverty
- Increase Nigeria's GDP per capita
- Reduce Crime (by reducing the number of idle people).

Of that project and the once I listed as what they should focus on, which will yield the faster result?

We can Use the roads for now but maintain them properly until we can sort these pressing needs out.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by cooltola(m): 1:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
Blaming Buhari as the cause of Nigeria problem is just ignorant. When it comes to stealing of national cake, APC is PDP. It does not matter who won or who is power, they are corrupt. There is not even one credible politician in power that is not corrupt and that is where the most problems start. To find a Nigerian politician that is not corrupt is a very rare phenomenon

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by webizone(m): 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2020
Bar1941:
I know our government is useless and may likely default from the agreement but the issue is even if China seizes the assets, they will still be in Nigeria they can't transplant them to China, it will still be for the betterment of our people.

Guy, imagine being a landlord.
Okay, I come to your house and live in it.
At the end of the year, you Mr. Landlord pays me rent for living in your house. Meanwhile your wife and children are hungry and sick, and you can't take care of them. All while your fellow landlords are driving the latest cars and their families are enjoying.

You know what's more?
I can wake up one morning and tell you to sweep my door front and add steps there.

Judging by your comment, I guess you will like this type of arrangement.

And this is an example why ignorance is dangerous in our times.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by webizone(m): 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2020
Dpearlz:

Yes I understand your point of view. But my definition of critical projects is one that will bring these benefits ASAP.

- Reduce Food Shortages
- Reduce Unemployment
- Reduce Poverty
- Increase Nigeria's GDP per capita
- Reduce Crime (by reducing the number of idle people).

Of that project and the once I listed as what they should focus on, which will yield the faster result?

We can Use the roads for now but maintain them properly until we can sort these pressing needs out.

Gbam!
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by pafra(m): 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
webizone:

Then, we have to criticize the government. This government is powerful enough to reach into the bank accounts of its citizens to deduct money, this power cannot be found in developed countries. So what is going on?

All funds on litigation with efcc and icpc that have been frozen can be borrowed by the FG use it for some of the infrastructure then later pay back when this cases are lost by the FG.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by webizone(m): 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2020
cooltola:
Blaming Buhari as the cause of Nigeria problem is just ignorant. When it comes to stealing of national cake, APC is PDP. It does not matter who won or who is power, they are corrupt. There is not even one credible politician in power that is not corrupt and that is where the most problems start. To find a Nigerian politician that is not corrupt is a very rare phenomenon

Ha ha ha. Nobody will blame Buhari if he didn't put himself in trouble. You saw Nigeria's problem and you know you couldn't solve it, why take the slack?

2. Ok maybe you can solve an aspect, why not transparently dissolve powers to strengthen institutions that can take on other aspects?

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Faithful4real(m): 1:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
@jedisco
I have said it before you can never trust the Chinese government.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Excuses: 1:38pm On Jul 30, 2020
stevnwigw1:
So how does China make this money that they are lending to countries, why can't we study them and start make our own wealth ,instead of borrowing.

Bro am not a prof. but let me try.

The only way Nigeria can enhance its economy and move forward right now is diversification & drastic reduction of spending on fixed assets of governance and government.

Now the only source of revenue generation for the country is crude oil,these crude oil is prized low at the international market a,among competiting commodities of other nations,now that plenty nations have no need for it cos of alternative sources of energy it's value has drop.

The essence of diversification is to reduce dependency on a single source of revenue & the risk that comes with it,which is were we're.
Naira can only appreciate against the dollar if and only if, we are exporting more than we are importing. And by exporting i mean high valuables commodities other nations of the world need for survival.

Lastly government will relieve itself of spending and maintenance of national assets by way of privatization to be managed by individuals e.g sea ports,air ports,nnpc..

Hence the government can only focus on infrastructural development and running of government and not spending on government..

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by RTSC: 1:40pm On Jul 30, 2020
Charleys:
The trick is to continue borrowing so that you can default on your debts and China can write off those debts.

Or keep borrowing while negotiating for Debt forgiveness grin
You think the Chinese are born fools?

They are already calculating how many decades of free oil they would get from Nigeria.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Cantonese: 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2020
You have a performing governor in Edo state. A proven technocrat yet some are here chanting the name of a wrong person to the high heaven and wanting him to win.

That is the same situation at the federal level. The future of the so called masses is mortgaged by leaders who borrow money to keep for their own children.

No una sabi.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by webizone(m): 1:42pm On Jul 30, 2020
pafra:

All funds on litigation with efcc and icpc that have been frozen can be borrowed by the FG use it for some of the infrastructure then later pay back when this cases are lost by the FG.

You miss my point.
Let me elaborate.
I am saying since the government is powerful enough to overreach, there should be little to nothing stopping it in a bid to diversify/restructure the economy.

If it would affect the revenues of a few big guns who are solely heavily invested in oil, so be it, for the survival of the country.

Unless, the big guns are government, who are then overreaching into our accounts still.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2020
Nawa o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu: "I Will Help Buhari Pack To Daura In 2019" / Army Clears 7 Vilages Of Boko Haram Terrorists (photos) / Nigeria Will Be Exporting Marijuana If I Become President- Sowore (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.