Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults (37829 Views)

Amaechi On Okada Ban In Lagos: Sanwo-olu Acted Based On Public Interest / Osinbajo: FG Can Seize Assets Even Without Corruption Allegation / Lagos Ibadan Railway. Amaechi On A Train Ride To Abeokuta On New Coaches. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by joyandfaith: 11:49am On Jul 31, 2020
abduljabbar4:

There was slavery in China and almost every other part of the world but you can't attribute it to their recent growth spurt (1980-date).

Chinese people are scattered everywhere online and I'm hearing this for the first time from you. The good thing is that even other Africans don't complain about what you are trying to tell me. Search "what do Africans think about Chinese people" in Quora for example.

Whether China accepts or rejects religion is not your concern. They come to Nigeria with their visas to conduct businesses with the approval of Nigeria. Those who commit crimes (e.g the illegal miners in Zamfara) get arrested and prosecuted. Say the truth. You only don't like China because they don't allow religion in their country. Also, there are millions of ferigners including Africans in China so what are you trying to say?

In other words, you agree with the killings of more than 2000 Palestinians (including children) in Israel but you don't agree with China banning religious activities. Well donecheesy

Slave labour is still going on In China compared to America and Europe
How many Africans understand Chinese? try to learn chinese and read about their comments regarding blacks. you will be shocked.
Chinese are everywhere because they are trying to exploit.
how many foreigners become citizens of china and tell me why?
how many foreigners are American citizens and tell me why?
how many Asian nations are allies of China. they know better. chinese are hungry and the nation is parasitic.
Africa wants freedom from West to be enslaved by another slave master China. If Africa wants to develop, methods adopted by China should be used. China tactically forced western companies to site factories in China and from that China started progressing. China used to be a poor nation about 2 or 3 decades ago. If Africa keep borrowing from China, most African nations will end up being recolonized.

Israelites defeated Palestinians just as Nigeria defeated biafra. conquerors are owners of land. Alimi defeated Afonja in ilorin, the rest was history. Usman Dan fodio displaced all hausa kings and installed his kinsmen as emirs. Palestine should accept peace offer proposed by israel. both Israelis and Palestinians are guilty of killing innocent persons. if Palestinians have means of destroying, they would quickly do it.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by k2money(m): 1:31pm On Jul 31, 2020
Evercurious:

Have you ever heard of HONORABLE and DISHONORABLE death?..
Let this sink into your head, there is no death Buhari will die that will not be honorable. Stop the hate and fix your life no government will do that for you.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by abduljabbar4(m): 4:12pm On Jul 31, 2020
joyandfaith:

Slave labour is still going on In China compared to America and Europe
How many Africans understand Chinese? try to learn chinese and read about their comments regarding blacks. you will be shocked.
Chinese are everywhere because they are trying to exploit.
how many foreigners become citizens of china and tell me why?
how many foreigners are American citizens and tell me why?
how many Asian nations are allies of China. they know better. chinese are hungry and the nation is parasitic.
Africa wants freedom from West to be enslaved by another slave master China. If Africa wants to develop, methods adopted by China should be used. China tactically forced western companies to site factories in China and from that China started progressing. China used to be a poor nation about 2 or 3 decades ago. If Africa keep borrowing from China, most African nations will end up being recolonized.

Israelites defeated Palestinians just as Nigeria defeated biafra. conquerors are owners of land. Alimi defeated Afonja in ilorin, the rest was history. Usman Dan fodio displaced all hausa kings and installed his kinsmen as emirs. Palestine should accept peace offer proposed by israel. both Israelis and Palestinians are guilty of killing innocent persons. if Palestinians have means of destroying, they would quickly do it.

I dare you show me a reputable source proving slave labour in China!

I don't need to learn Chinese when there are translators online everywhere. You people just want to spread rumours that lack backing. If it's about racism, your white masters do it online everyday. Just look at the comment section on BBC or CNNs facebook page when something about Africa comes up.

Chinese are everywhere because they want to make profit. You can also go and exploit Chinese people if you want just like what Apple is doing.

Contrary to what you think, there are millions of foreigners in China including Nigerians. I wonder where you people get these ridiculous rumours from. I was in China five years ago and I did not face any firm of abuse or discrimination. Imagine a Nigerian calling Chinese people hungry. If doing business in other parts of the world means hunger then the Igbo tribe is the hungriest in Africa.

China has border issues with its neighbors just like every other nation. Even Nigeria nearly fought with Cameron over a territory. China till date has never killed a foreign leader before. Can you say the same about your darling USA?

No, you want us to keep being slaves to the west through IMF and France so that China will go down and your American masters will be pleased and then give you Visa. Simple.

Again, I would love to hear where you are getting these ridiculous rumours from. China did not force anybody to establish his company in their land. What attracts investors is market availability, government policies, values of the society, access to raw materials, literacy level, cost effectiveness and so on. China had all these things including cheap labour and that is what made those companies to move to China. No foul play was involved.

Borrowing is not the issue. Borrowing money and squandering it is the main problem. China gives fair time for repayment and a very reasonable interest rate. Most of you people don't understand that China stands to gain more from a developed Africa than an underdeveloped one unlike the west. China needs more allies to win the trade war in the long-term.

Since you want to keep justifying Israel, what do you have to say about the wars that the west perpetrated in Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam, Cuba, Syria, Yemen and the unfair sanctions against Iran and Venezuela which is killing millions of their citizens? Are you happy with Nigeria dashing its future to these people?
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Faithful4real(m): 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2020
jedisco:

Not just the Chinese government... We cannot trust any foreign government to protect our best interest. Protecting our interest is the job of our government which they've sadly failed at.

See it this way, the Chinese give low interest loans for usually major national projects. First the country has to pay some counterpart funding in full and then they handle the construction of the projects which are usually completed once the country plays it's part. They do not give cash. The country runs the service and pays back. If they default, the Chinese take over the project and recover their funds before handing it back. Sure it's not the fairest of terms.

Now compare this to Western institutions/countries who give out higher interest loans mostly in cash knowing fully well that over 80% of it would be stolen by the recepients country's officials and diverted back to their country leaving us in perpetual debt and hence servitude. They have robust institutions to monitor the use of those loans but they prefer to turn a blind eye.

Question you would ask yourself is why are Western countries seemingly very worried about Chinese loans to African countries? Do you think it's because they care about us or are worried about the increasing influence of China? Also, most of the IMF debt that crippled Nigeria in the past, what was it used to accomplish? In other words, we were repaying a loan which was actually sitting in banks in their countries. At least, we can see, benefit from and use the railways which the Chinese loans built

While I'm not fully in support of Chinese loans, if I had to choose between $5Billion loaned to Nigeria but tied to major capital projects and same sum given in cash to the government, I know which I would choose.

Check it well. They can take any Nigeria assets according to ameachi.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by joyandfaith: 7:49pm On Jul 31, 2020
abduljabbar4:

I don't need to learn Chinese when there are translators online everywhere. You people just want to spread rumours that lack backing. If it's about racism, your white masters do it online everyday. Just look at the comment section on BBC or CNNs facebook page when something about Africa comes up.

Chinese are everywhere because they want to make profit. You can also go and exploit Chinese people if you want just like what Apple is doing.

Contrary to what you think, there are millions of foreigners in China including Nigerians. I wonder where you people get these ridiculous rumours from. I was in China five years ago and I did not face any firm of abuse or discrimination. Imagine a Nigerian calling Chinese people hungry. If doing business in other parts of the world means hunger then the Igbo tribe is the hungriest in Africa.

China has border issues with its neighbors just like every other nation. Even Nigeria nearly fought with Cameron over a territory. China till date has never killed a foreign leader before. Can you say the same about your darling USA?

No, you want us to keep being slaves to the west through IMF and France so that China will go down and your American masters will be pleased and then give you Visa. Simple.

Again, I would love to hear where you are getting these ridiculous rumours from. China did not force anybody to establish his company in their land. What attracts investors is market availability, government policies, values of the society, access to raw materials, literacy level, cost effectiveness and so on. China had all these things including cheap labour and that is what made those companies to move to China. No foul play was involved.

Borrowing is not the issue. Borrowing money and squandering it is the main problem. China gives fair time for repayment and a very reasonable interest rate. Most of you people don't understand that China stands to gain more from a developed Africa than an underdeveloped one unlike the west. China needs more allies to win the trade war in the long-term.

Since you want to keep justifying Israel, what do you have to say about the wars that the west perpetrated in Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam, Cuba, Syria, Yemen and the unfair sanctions against Iran and Venezuela which is killing millions of their citizens? Are you happy with Nigeria dashing its future to these people?

slave labour exist in china. do your further research.
chinese are everywhere because their resources cannot go round. overpopulation is a major problem in china. china is trying to exploit other nations to feed themselves.

China told western nations if you wanted to sell your good and services in China, establish companies in our country. that was deal. China was nothing them.west felt China would never be a threat. China copies most of the technologies from the west. that was era chinko or fake products.
if nigeria leaders are wise, they should tell china to establish factories for anything that want to export to Nigeria.
China does not give direct loans. China gives loans in form of projects and services which must be done by chinese companies.

nobody justify killings in any part of the world. both israel and palestine are on each other neck. it is survival of the fittest. Arab nations are supporting palestine while west is supporting israel.
from history, conquerors own land. that was reason emir is ruling ilorin not Afonja. that is why hausa kings were replaced by fulani ones.
if you have stupid leaders, foreign powers would penetrate you. West colonised most Africa nations because we had stupid leaders who sold their people because of liquor, guns and mirrors. now they are selling future of unborn generations to parasitic China.
these are millions of chinese Americans, Japanese Americans, Arab Americans etc. These are American citizens . Do other nationalities have similar opportunity in China? China is one of few countries in the world that is very difficult for immigrants to become citizens. it is even difficult to become citizen automatically through marriage.
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by joyandfaith: 7:50pm On Jul 31, 2020
abduljabbar4:

Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by SIRTee15: 8:59pm On Aug 06, 2020
abduljabbar4:

If the Nigerian government is borrowing what they "cannot repay ", then it's their fault and not the fault of China and it doesn't make them evil for seizing your assets. (Banks do that all the time). Also, I think you are wrong about the potentials of the railway. The Abuja-Kaduna train generates a lot of money every month even after the problem of insecurities had lessened. Also, Nigeria does not need to link it to all parts of the country. Do You prefer to see thousands dying on highways? Again, China has given enough time for any responsible government to pay back. It's far far better than IMF.

Yes we should, and that is why the government is still getting deals and conducting the gas pipeline projects around the country. In fact, Abba Kyari got his virus in Germany when he went to discuss a deal. With electricity, you can expect a lot more investments to come to Nigeria and the rebirth of Ajaokuta steel. Also, the government is assisting Dangote to build a refinery. Look, I'm not entirely happy with this government but not everything they do is condemnable. It's better for us to have "useless infrastructures " than for us to have none while one idiot corners all the money to himself.

You just called them communists, and now you are calling them capitalists. It is only logical that they will be brutal when they need to be. In Kaduna and Kano, they treat workers so well that nobody ever says anything negative about them. I am not trying to be a tribalist (though I admit that I'm one) but to be honest, the average hausa man is more honest than the southerners (on average). That's why 419 is hardly ever an issue here. Also, we are not always trying to be "sharp " by cutting costs, trying to cheat our employers or simply misbehaving. If you mess with somebody's business whether Chinese, American or even African, he is going to mess you up. So far I don't hear any stories about them here. In fact, the Chinese even have a Sarauta (hausa traditional title) in Kano and a SHIT LOAD of them are speaking Hausa and relating well with the people today.

Would you mind telling me how the Chinese people developed please? And when you do that, don't forget to compare that with the way the west developed using the blood of your forefathers and the wealth of your land.

So far, they have not annexed even one country or kicked any leader out. I can mention ten leaders that the western nations have kicked out of power. China is here to conduct business and we will not allow anybody to sabotage it with baseless, paranoid propaganda. Even Pompeo has been begging people to stop trading with China because it is fast becoming a threat to their dominance.

Indian, Japanese, French, American and English companies are scattered all over China and no one is saying that China is being colonized. America is owing China over a trillion dollars and no one is saying that China is colonizing USA. It is only when it comes to Africa that you start hearing rubbish like that.

Let me ask you a question. Do you approve what France is doing to their "former" colonies? If you don't, then kindly tell me why the West is yet to criticize France for it.

Ok let us be clear...
I dont do all these pro China or pro western ideology nonsense...
I'm very much pro africa. I want what's best for Africa.

Our past dealing with the west was very much one sided, we were naive n too trustworthy. They exploited us n we suffered.
Now we turning east with the same mindset that China will be fair to us. Our present deals with china is dumb n stupid...we will get our fingers burnt again.

Africans behave Iike children on the global stage. Always looking for who will show empathy n care.....No country will ever develop Africa, if thats what u waiting for, u will wait forever.

AFRICANS must do the hard work to develop the continent. We must be smart, disciplined n ruthless in dealing with foreign nations, either east or west. Or else, we will forever be the dreg of the rest of the world.

U mentioned western nations do business in china. Do u know the term n condition those companies are subjected in order to operate in china.....
They are forced to transfer technology, they are not allowed to compete with Chinese companies in the same sector, they must share data n research with other Chinese establishment.
China forced Siemens, bombardier, n Alston to transfer technology b4 they could win the contract to build the 1st bullet train in China. Today, China is the world leading manufacturer of bullet train.
Why do u think Trump is fighting China? because he knows China has beaten them in their own game.
It's a dog eat dog world out there, africa must learn the game if we want to develop....
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by Evercurious(f): 9:21pm On Aug 06, 2020
k2money:

Let this sink into your head, there is no death Buhari will die that will not be honorable. Stop the hate and fix your life no government will do that for you.

Really? Soldier come soldier go barrack remain.. abacha don do go him own way.. So him own no go be new one.. byt6atleast people go jubilant more than abacha own...then you ll know how DISHONORABLE that ll look and sound.. Time ll tell
Re: Amaechi On Loan: China Can Seize Assets If Nigeria Defaults by k2money(m): 9:38pm On Aug 06, 2020
Evercurious:

Really? Soldier come soldier go barrack remain.. abacha don do go him own way.. So him own no go be new one.. byt6atleast people go jubilant more than abacha own...then you ll know how DISHONORABLE that ll look and sound.. Time ll tell
I will repeat it change yiur way because it's evil of u to wish an elderly man to have a bad end. If Buhari die today Nigeria will will honor his death. The same thing to Obasanjo and all the democrats past president. Save your prayers to yourself God don't do bad thing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Army Clears 7 Vilages Of Boko Haram Terrorists (photos) / Aisha Yesufu: "I Will Help Buhari Pack To Daura In 2019" / Nigeria Will Be Exporting Marijuana If I Become President- Sowore (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.