Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,922 members, 7,806,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away (38427 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Set To End Year As Top Scorer in world football For 2023 / Giroud Wins 2018/19 Europa League Top Scorer / Lionel Messi Receives 5th Golden Shoe Award For Europe's Top Scorer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by DesChyko: 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2020
gibzzhd:
who can remind us when last a certain best goals scorer of his generation win a golden boot

Dem say person wey dey ask question no dey loss.

Behold the UCL Golden boot winners in the most recent two decades. Feed your eyes.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Galactico4ever(m): 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2020
ghettokid1:
BuhariNwah
Fergie01
Paullee
Rapid01
Joshuidibia
Galactco4ever
I have told you guys that there is no Golden boot 4 una useless small goat this season.
Cc, Gadluck
The fact remains that he scored more league goals than your dwarf goat and also won a league title.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by uniquetechng: 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2020
oyatainer:

La liga always produce the best unlike premier league where no entity like Herderson is the best player. Go and ask Hazard, he will tell you better. Ask Higuain about the competition in Spain and Seria A. He scored the highest in Italy ever and not reckon with in Spain. They are too docile in Seria A, not pacy like la liga. Là liga has been producing the European Golden Boot winners since 2008. Even in Champions league excepts may be twice that they didn't win in 13 years. What is now your point?
You forgot CR7 had just one hattrick in England but was dropping hattricks in Laliga back to back.
Diego Forlan flopped in England but became a cult hero in Spain scoring goals for fun.
Michael Owen scored 11 goals for Real Madrid in 18 substitute appearances .
England have five champions league winners but Spain has how many again

In the last eleven years only two clubs (Barca and Madrid) has won the league in Spain except Simeone mistakingly winning it for ATM in 2014 after parking double decker buses all season .

But in that period England has produced five different champions.

Please never ever compare your farmers league to the best league in the world.

4 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Beverlyjean(f): 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2020
2loadedguy:

Really!!! Because u are a lady I will take it easy with u. The record holder of the top scorer in serie A is Gonzalo Higuian. Do u think he was playing for Lazio or Inter when he scored those 36 goals to have that record? My dear Higuian was and still is a Juventus player.

He did it playing for napoli and napoli accumulated 97 points that season unfortunately Juventus did about 99 or 100 points... u should understand tactics ... everyone knows Atletico and juve are really shy at scoring but hv formidable defence play....its been like that for ages... it's their style of play... so a player like Ronaldo in lazio or higuains napoli will score over 45 league goals and still win the league title... higuain scored 36 for napoli and joined juve on a record transfer of 80m the following season but cudnt score Upto 20 goals ...he was loaned to milan and also flopped cos but teams were shy of goals ...

Modified.... if immobile should join juve, those goals will dry up ... it's only a lord of football that can do it constantly every season ... whr were quadarella , piatek and zapata this season?? But Ronaldo remains the same yesterday today and tomorrow

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by eskorelvis: 2:59pm On Jul 30, 2020
randomperson:
Some people want to paint Ronaldo 's sojourn to Italy as a challenge, when in actual fact the Italian league is basically a farmer's league...

Apart from Juventus, how often do Italian clubs make the finals of UCL or Europa?

The least that Ronaldo can do with the immense advantage that Juve has over other clubs is to be the highest goal scorer and best player every season

But he has been outscored by a 38 year old Quadilateral or whatever his name is and now by another average player...

For someone that his main strength is only to score, it is a fvcking disgrace!

U guys rush things. So u expect Ronaldo to just join a club and start raining goals? Isn't he human to adapt first?

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Gadaluck(m): 3:01pm On Jul 30, 2020
ghettokid1:

Thanks Nwanne, I'm still counting my losses

No worries man, better still dey ahead...
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
Beverlyjean:
Immobile scored more goals cos he plays for a team that scores more goals and we all know no one can score 30 goals for Atletico or juve because of their style of play... Juventus hasn't even scored 5 goals in a single game in ages... besides Ronaldo missed 4 games....Ronaldo is the first Juventus player to score 30 goals in a season , and he did it at 35 after just 2 seasons in italy... inzaghi , del piero , higuain, dybala, Ibrahimovic , vieri, vialli, trezeguet, baggio cudnt do it

Everytime I see you on a Ronaldo thread, you're quoting meaningless, arbitrary statistics. Ronaldo was brought to Juventus as one of history's great goal scorers, so what relevance is it that former Juventus players who don't have Ronaldo's status didn't achieve something. Is he measuring his career achievements against Vialli or Vieri or Inzaghi? Why is that relevant?
See excuse: Immobile scored more because he plays for a team that scores more. Immobile plays for Lazio. They scored just 3 goals more than Juventus and you're making it out like they scored 30 more goals. I would bet Juventus would score almost as many goals with or without Ronaldo and Lazio would score far less without Immobile. Is your excuse the same reason 37-year-old Fabio Quagliarella was top scorer in Serie A last season playing for small Sampdoria? Oya come up with another meaningless excuse for that one.

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Beverlyjean(f): 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2020
Baba4kinatu:

How old was this guy fabio quagliarella when he outscored ronaldo in a mediocre team with no penalties... go on,

If u are not well informed about football dont co e here to disgrace urself... quagliiarela scored more penalties that Ronaldo last season
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Beverlyjean(f): 3:10pm On Jul 30, 2020
SIRRITE:

See mu-mu talk, people say spain is easy, but the so called players from hard league will come to the spain they cannot score up to 5goals go ask harzad what he is seeing in the easy league spain now

But aspas cudnt score any goal at liverpool....but scores goals at will at lowly celts vigo
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Beverlyjean(f): 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2020
hidhrhis:

Dem no get brain ni
No be coutinho be that
One of the best in England before he went to Barcelona
This people just talk anyhow

What of di Maria and falcao that joined England??

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by mystical109(m): 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2020
2loadedguy:

Really!!! Because u are a lady I will take it easy with u. The record holder of the top scorer in serie A is Gonzalo Higuian. Do u think he was playing for Lazio or Inter when he scored those 36 goals to have that record? My dear Higuian was and still is a Juventus player.
Higuain was a Napoli player when he broke the record sir
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by paulolee(m): 3:14pm On Jul 30, 2020
DesChyko:

Let's see how small Immobile and Messi rank in the European Golden shoe race, shall we? grin

What a shocker! Messi is 20 points behind Immobile but it's Ronaldo trailing by 8 points that's the issue.

Get well soon.
lolz....its dt ur new arguement?? so you guys have finally moved on from the normal sarri excuse...
about your point we all know that messi missed almost 2 months of football during the start of the season...
messi played 2.879 mins against immobile with 3.086 with one match on pending and cr7 with 2.919 and also a match on pending..
that isnt an excuse but lionel still have 25 goals and 22 assist and won the top scorer in spain and dts not bad for a bad season...
now let me ask you...which of the players on that list have won the Golden boot award in the league and in Europe than lionel messi??
pls am waiting for ur reply or you jus go ahead and cover ur tears in shame..

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by gibzzhd: 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
DesChyko:

Behold the UCL Golden boot winners in the most recent two decades. Feed your eyes.
oh you brought out UCL top scorer chart.sorry brother they don't give any award for that.Not a golden boot or shoe.LOLz.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by gibzzhd: 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
DesChyko:

oh you brought out UCL top scorer chart.sorry brother they don't give any award for that.Not a golden boot or shoe.painful right.l?LOLz.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by mcdude1(m): 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
obembet:
CR7 is even tried With such hopeless team even messi would find difficult to score 30+ goal which CRISTIANO RONALDO has done it

Lalasticlala
you mean the hopeless team that gave him well close to 15 PKs this season which made him a contender for the golden boot? which he still couldn't win? or the hopeless team that have won the serieA 7 times in a row and have been producing SerieA golden boot winners b4 he showed up? CR7 and his fans should be grateful to the Juve team and leave Messi alone

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by paulolee(m): 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2020
eskorelvis:

Does Messi have a senior intl trophy?
no sir but being in 3 copa finals, one world cup final isnt a small feat and he isnt just lucky wit the national team...does dt take anything away from the fact that he is better than ur cr7 dt startes football 2 seasons ahead of him and lionel still have more individual awards and general trophy more than cr7...
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by gibzzhd: 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2020
DesChyko:

There is nothing like UCL golden boot or shoe.or I guess Ronaldo fans want to create that award and back date the awardees.Golden boot is giving for Top scorer in the league(Messi 7 Ronaldo 4)and golden shoe for the overall league top scorer in Europe ( Messi 6 Ronaldo 4)

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by mystical109(m): 3:25pm On Jul 30, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Guess what?? MVP will still b ronaldo cos u have to tell me when some that dont win a league title won best player in the league... we know its usually selected from winners .... if Ronaldo scored 15 goals and win the league, it wud hv been a different case ... 31 goals in 33 games ain't easy for any football player.... I hv never seen any player that scored 30 goals in a league at that age...most must hv retired ... when suarez was top scorer in europe , messi was still given la Liga mvp despite not scoring as much as ronaldo in 2016
when Manchester city won the premier league,I think a Liverpool player won the MVP so I don't think there is any rule that says the MVP must be a player from the champions. Even Messi won 2014 world cup MVP despite not winning the cup. I also think Suarez won the MVP that season
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by mystical109(m): 3:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
DesChyko:

but there is no award for being the highest goal scorer in the champions league

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by gibzzhd: 3:29pm On Jul 30, 2020
mystical109:
when Manchester city won the premier league,I think a Liverpool player won the MVP so I don't think there is any rule that says the MVP must be a player from the champions. Even Messi won 2014 world cup MVP despite not winning the cup. I also think Suarez won the MVP that season
City won with 100 point Salah MVP
city won with 98 points Vvd MVP
Liverpool won this season de bruyne likely to be MVP

Ronaldo fans chew the humble pie and bow out
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Beverlyjean(f): 3:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
mystical109:

Suarez won it cos no one came close... immobile and Ronaldo had exceptional seasons but ronaldo won the league...they both scored over 30 goals each
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by gibzzhd: 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
Beverlyjean:

Suarez won it cos no one came close... immobile and Ronaldo had exceptional seasons but ronaldo won the league...they both scored over 30 goals each
So Vvd a defender was so exceptional that no city attacking player came close?

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by DEROX: 3:43pm On Jul 30, 2020
masterP042:
He ran away from challenge, but his fans rather say he went to pursue more challenges
Truth spoken I never thought about this
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by mystical109(m): 3:43pm On Jul 30, 2020
Beverlyjean:

please understand me,I'm not saying Ronaldo does or doesn't deserve the award,I just want you to understand that Immobile can get it despite not winning the league. You can't really be the best player without topping any category,you are expected to at least to be the best in your position but sadly Ronaldo isn't the best in his position.What I'm saying is,if you want to give the MVP to a goalie, it should be d goalkeeper with most saves or clean sheets and if you want to give it to a striker , it should be the striker with most goals. There's still no known rule to back up everything I just typed,all I'm saying is that Immobile has a chance and we shouldn't be surprise if he wins it.....peace
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by uthlaw: 3:52pm On Jul 30, 2020
obembet:
CR7 is even tried With such hopeless team even messi would find difficult to score 30+ goal which CRISTIANO RONALDO has done it

Lalasticlala
hopeless team winning the league for pass 7season and also this season.....just because they couldn't get more penalties means the team is hopeless!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Baba4kinatu(m): 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2020
OfficialJayy:

Quagliarella would outscore cr7 again?? Wow... The hatred you messi fanboys have for cr7 is out of this world..
Ideally, I would reply this foolish statement with facts and follow up questions but I choose not to cuz I dont wanna waste my energy on you

Bring the facts.... 9 years in spain 2 la ligas. He ran to Juve that doesnt require his help to win the league. My dear bring your facts. Quag Outscored ronaldo and he would have done that again this season
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by DesChyko: 3:54pm On Jul 30, 2020
mystical109:
but there is no award for being the highest goal scorer in the champions league

What does Golden boot mean?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Baba4kinatu(m): 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2020
DesChyko:

This table is incorrect, ronaldo and messi had a tie the year he scored 10 champions league goals

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by uthlaw: 3:56pm On Jul 30, 2020
mcdude1:

you mean the hopeless team that gave him well close to 15 PKs this season which made him a contender for the golden boot? which he still couldn't win? or the hopeless team that have won the serieA 7 times in a row and have been producing SerieA golden boot winners b4 he showed up? CR7 and his fans should be grateful to the Juve team and leave Messi alone
we thought is going there to help them win trophies not until we discover is going there for penalty purpose!
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by DesChyko: 4:01pm On Jul 30, 2020
gibzzhd:

There is nothing like UCL golden boot or shoe.or I guess Ronaldo fans want to create that award and back date the awardees

I hear you o,bros.

Squawka is Ronaldo fan-sponsored obviously.

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by mystical109(m): 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2020
DesChyko:

What does Golden boot mean?
golden boot is an award given to the general league scorer.goals scored outside the league doesn't count
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo's Hopes Of Finishing Serie A's Top Scorer Fade Away by Aaronzy: 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
obonujoker:

Clown... Messi once scored 17 penalties in a season
yes 17 penalties in all competition but that season he ended up with a record 73 goals that season

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Details Of Mbappe Deal As PSG Accept Real Madrid’s Offer / Junior Agogo Of Ghana Is Dead. / Piers Morgan: Ronaldo Is Better Until Messi Wins Something Outside Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.