Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Orangutan Who Lost Both Arms Learns To Survive In The Jungle In Indonesia - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Orangutan Who Lost Both Arms Learns To Survive In The Jungle In Indonesia (56093 Views)

Orangutan Reaches Out Hand To Rescue Man Stuck In A River In Asia (Photos) / Crocodile In Indonesia Has Tyre Around Its Neck, Cash Reward For Who Removes It / Cloud Seeding Used To Stop Rain As Atleast 43 People Die In Indonesia Flooding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orangutan Who Lost Both Arms Learns To Survive In The Jungle In Indonesia by AmuDimpka: 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2020
paulolee:

a rugged one at dt..philosophy is life because it opens your inner mind..

Amazing
Re: Orangutan Who Lost Both Arms Learns To Survive In The Jungle In Indonesia by mercy87(f): 10:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
einsteine:

Stupid question.

Humans are apes.

Humans did not evolve from other apes but humans and other apes had a common ancestor. Some evolved to orangutans and Chimpanzees, some became hominids. Among the hominids, homo sapiens was the fittest that survived.

Get yourself a copy of the origin of species. Also, for those expecting to witness specie change within their lifetime, it is a slow process that takes place across millions of years.

If you're intelligent you would know it's wrong to attack a person based on their opinion. I won't abuse you because obviously you're an ape. Move far away from quoting me.
Re: Orangutan Who Lost Both Arms Learns To Survive In The Jungle In Indonesia by einsteine(m): 10:19pm On Jul 30, 2020
mercy87:

If you're intelligent you would know it's wrong to attack a person based on their opinion. I won't abuse you because obviously you're an ape. Move far away from quoting me.

You were not insulted.

There's a difference between being stupid and asking a stupid question. It's not my problem if you don't know the difference.

And yes, you are an ape. You can google to be certain
Re: Orangutan Who Lost Both Arms Learns To Survive In The Jungle In Indonesia by earnit3: 11:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
hmm
Re: Orangutan Who Lost Both Arms Learns To Survive In The Jungle In Indonesia by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 30, 2020
TheFacelessMan:
Years ago in Congo, I was almost split into 2....

This is a story of survival shocked

I was a hunter of animals and the most dangerous of them all ; MAN.

I with 2 rangers chased after poachers who had been poisoning elephants for ivory.

Where have you been? Lol
I won't lie,I love reading your fake stories grin
Re: Orangutan Who Lost Both Arms Learns To Survive In The Jungle In Indonesia by MiddleDimension: 5:18am On Jul 31, 2020
paulolee:
so touching knowing that he lost both arms while trying to escape..
dont know why is it that whenever i see this sets of animals, i do think if Charles darwin is right about his evolution dogma in his book "the origin of the species"...
the question i keep asking is that if we truly evolved from apes, then why do humans stopped evolving??
pls before you attack me with the story of creation, jus have it in mind that am thinking as a rationalist and a follower of Descartes and spinoza..

i am responding to you because i sense you are genuinely asking.
well, the origin of species is not a "dogma". a dogma is, according to the Cambridge dictionary, "a fixed, especially religious, belief or set of beliefs that people are expected to accept without any doubts". the theory of Evolution is not expected to be accepted without doubt. and it is not a belief.

we are never going to evolve into another specie. the reason is that the engine that drives evolution is natural selection. today, we have evolved a brain to organize our society and life in general so that even though there is the force of natural selection around us as can be seen in some of the natural difficulties some people still face compared to the others, which in the natural world, would seriously affect their chances of survival and also reproduction. but with wisdom, we have arranged the world in a better way so as to milk the most from the ability of the human being. by so doing, we tampered with the force of natural selection. this also means that other animals and plants are still evolving as we speak.
Re: Orangutan Who Lost Both Arms Learns To Survive In The Jungle In Indonesia by MiddleDimension: 5:37am On Jul 31, 2020
mercy87:

If we are product of evolution. Why are there still apes?

we are also apes. but i am sure you are referring to the other apes.
anyway, the other apes will still be around because we are not descended from a chimpanzee, or a gorilla, or an orangutan, or a bonobo. we are descendants of a common ancestor. this means in the tree of life, when you trace the human race backwards in time, the first species you will see merge with us are the chimpanzees. to make it simple for you to visualize, if i hold my father's hand, and he holds his own father's hand, and he holds his father's hand, and like that...then a chimpanzee holds his fathers's hand, and he holds his father's hand, down like that, it will get to a point, my line and his own line will merge at a point and the length of that line will be the distance between Lagos and Ife. as the line stretches far back in time, so does our ancestors, mine and his, look more indistinguishable. and then when you stretch it further, it meets with i think the gorilla now, i am not sure any more.

and even if we are descended from them, there is n reason for them not to keep existing.
these rare white giraffes were killed by poachers in Kenya. they are a genetic mutation of the usual ones we know. no, if by any chance they get separated by usually by geography, they will get so specialized that they no longer breed anymore or successfully with the usual giraffe we know, then we call them a separate specie.

Re: Orangutan Who Lost Both Arms Learns To Survive In The Jungle In Indonesia by Remite011(m): 9:25am On Jul 31, 2020
Richdad50:
shocked

I wish thieves and corrupt politicians have both hands trimmed. Crime will go down fast.

Richdad

Welcome back nigga, ur absence is highly felt.
#staysafe
#stayblessed
Re: Orangutan Who Lost Both Arms Learns To Survive In The Jungle In Indonesia by boluwatiwant(m): 11:41am On Jul 31, 2020
If an Orangutan can survive this then why wont you
Live up to eat
Achieve what our prents couldnt
Believe and see the sky as your starting point
gasparpisciotta:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8575557/amp/Orangutan-no-arms-learns-climb-trees-using-legs.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ID3OSCnlg4
Re: Orangutan Who Lost Both Arms Learns To Survive In The Jungle In Indonesia by Aiziko: 12:32pm On Jul 31, 2020
paulolee:
so touching knowing that he lost both arms while trying to escape..
dont know why is it that whenever i see this sets of animals, i do think if Charles darwin is right about his evolution dogma in his book "the origin of the species"...
the question i keep asking is that if we truly evolved from apes, then why do humans stopped evolving??
pls before you attack me with the story of creation, jus have it in mind that am thinking as a rationalist and a follower of Descartes and spinoza..
Evolution usually takes millions of years to occur. Meanwhile, evolutionary changes are gradual and subtle. It's not something that is immediate.
Re: Orangutan Who Lost Both Arms Learns To Survive In The Jungle In Indonesia by Aiziko: 12:48pm On Jul 31, 2020
MiddleDimension:

i am responding to you because i sense you are genuinely asking.
well, the origin of species is not a "dogma". a dogma is, according to the Cambridge dictionary, "a fixed, especially religious, belief or set of beliefs that people are expected to accept without any doubts". the theory of Evolution is not expected to be accepted without doubt. and it is not a belief.

we are never going to evolve into another specie. the reason is that the engine that drives evolution is natural selection. today, we have evolved a brain to organize our society and life in general so that even though there is the force of natural selection around us as can be seen in some of the natural difficulties some people still face compared to the others, which in the natural world, would seriously affect their chances of survival and also reproduction. but with wisdom, we have arranged the world in a better way so as to milk the most from the ability of the human being. by so doing, we tampered with the force of natural selection. this also means that other animals and plants are still evolving as we speak.
Man will still evolved. Research has proven that our brain is gradually evolving to accommodate the demand to function in a fast-paced society due to industrial and sociological revolution.
My own theory is that cancer and congenital abnormalities are actually evolutionary attempts by certain human species but such organisms were not allowed to propagate because such changes are harmful. Again, this is my theory and still not yet proven.
We tend to think that evolution is immediate and occurs on a massive scale. That's a bleeped-up view.
Re: Orangutan Who Lost Both Arms Learns To Survive In The Jungle In Indonesia by mercy87(f): 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
einsteine:

You were not insulted.

There's a difference between being stupid and asking a stupid question. It's not my problem if you don't know the difference.

And yes, you are an ape. You can google to be certain

Listen you may be an ape, attacker. Gladly answer your name in peace and go move around with fellow Apes. No wonder you lack communication skills.
Re: Orangutan Who Lost Both Arms Learns To Survive In The Jungle In Indonesia by mercy87(f): 8:03pm On Jul 31, 2020
mercy87:

You may be an ape but I'm not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Poisonous Is This? (photo) / Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. / Lion Kills Zookeeper In Kaduna (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.