Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Cares Of This World - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cares Of This World (142 Views)

Lagos Cares Fund/grant For Young Business Owners Application / A Worthwhile NGO That Cares About The Vulnerable In West Africa. / The Cure For Workspace Misery: A Manager Who Cares About Employee Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cares Of This World by Omojowofestus(m): 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2020
CARES OF THE WORLD

There are so many things in life which we want and other things fall into the category of needs. Whichever way they fall, one thing is clear and one lesson must be learnt that not all are needed or good to be desires or to have in possession. In all things, we need to know that all which we would ever wanted is provided in God and by Him all things consist. How much we realise this, determines a great deal of appreciation towards Him and how well we know this Truth goes a long way to affect our behaviour. If you don’t know, let us be reminded again that, our beliefs affect our behaviours. The way we react or take God in all we are engaged in/with has a lot to do with our believing Him. The way we believe God to be, affects all aspects of life such as thanking Him, praising, praying, gratitude and others. We ought to let our light so shine before men when they see our good works that they glorify our Father in heaven in return.

DID NOT ACHAN THE SON OF ZERAH COMMIT A TRESPASS IN THE ACCURSED THING, AND WRATH FELL ON ALL THE CONGREGATION OF ISRAEL? AND THAT MAN PERISHED NOT ALONE IN HIS INIQUITY – Joshua 22:20.

Cares of the world started a long time ago. Satan coveted it [the world], he wanted all to himself. No wonder he is called “the god of this world.” Hence the great gulf of separation between him and his Creator was made without any reversal. Deception from him had made man to forget the eternal glory and the presence of God. The woman was deceived; “And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat…” From then on, people of various backgrounds and diverse culture have been given to cares of the world which normally comes in form of desire. We want this, we want that. I need this, I need to get those. Such has been the legacy given from generation to generation handed down to this age. If we thoroughly check and weigh it through and through, we shall discover that in one way or the other we care. Not that to be caring is bad but we have channeled it towards the carnal and earthly perishables. This is affirmed in, “He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.”

Achan was a man given to the cares of the of the world. This leads to a question, how often do we give ourselves to the cares of the world against the will and the commandment of God? How many times does God has to speak to us before we listen and obey? That man heard the instruction of the Lord given through Joshua not to take anything whatsoever. In our case, we not only take anything, we are after everything. We just want everything to and to ourselves. For how long? Achan heard the good word of the Lord just like many of us today. He was right there in the camp of the people of the Lord like us. Yet he proceeded in doing the abominable and accursed by going against the commandment of God. How many times would God instruct us before we believe? Many of us like Achan have taken so many things which we can liken to cares of the world and these are the elements hindering our seed, speed and progress making us not to run the race set before us… WE ARE LOADED BUT WITH THE CARES OF THE WORLD! WATCH OUT!! “…let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.”

AND THE CARES OF THIS WORLD, AND THE DECEITFULNESS OF RICHES, AND THE LUSTS OF OTHER THINGS ENTERING IN, CHOKE THE WORD, AND IT BECOMETH UNFRUITFUL – Mark 4:19

Oh, my wife! Ah my husband! Oh my business! Oh my parents! Hmm, my friends! My children, my marriage, my job, career, cars, house, health, and others. These are all part of the cares we are talking about. Our thoughts are cumbered. Our daily activities are tightly scheduled. Occupied, busy, stressed are not new or uncommon terms to us at this present age. All thanks to the cares of this world. So, are you telling me that we should not care for them or these things? No, that is not what or why we are stressing the point here. But should we care for them enough to a level where we become unfruitful, unprofitable, “un-useful” and irrelevant altogether filthy? I guess we wouldn’t like that. But that is exactly what we are doing and what is happening to us. The word of God is choked in our heart when we start caring more for other things, persons other than Him. Our first love for Him would gradually become cold and ultimately chilled by giving our time for treasures earthly things afford. Some of these come in thought of “what to eat”, what to wear. Do you realise that many people are so obsessed about the way they look or appear nowadays. What about plastic surgeries, artificial make over and make-down. What is that for. Just cumbered with so many things that there is no place for God in us anymore. Why? Always here and there, up and down, to and fro… Go have mercy!

FOR WE BROUGHT NOTHING INTO THIS WORLD, AND IT IS CERTAIN WE CAN CARRY NOTHING OUT – I Timothy 6:7

Recently, we have been hearing news of embezzlement which is now taken as a norm. Millions and billions of dollars gulped singlehanded by a man. Why? Kindly tell that man whosoever he is that, “For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.” That does not mean having money is not good but should we acquire it so much dimension of hoarding in our possession that we lost every sense of fear of God? Another person, building many mansions and estates for the sole purpose of showing and bragging about his wealth. Such glorying is not good says the Scripture. Please, pass this message across to such a man and if you are the one, learn this that, “Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.” What for? Vanity upon vanity said the preacher. Other acts of injustice and lack of God’s love is vividly seen among men. These are just confirming what God’s word instructs that, “And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.” Some can kill anybody in order to ascend a position. There are others who could destroy a nation in order to get just the treasures buried in the earth such as gold and diamond. Of what use is that?

This is told in the word of God that, “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.” Out of all reasons and boundaries, one is clear that, if we allow the cares of this world to take over and rule our heart, the god of this world would soon take over and we should soon forget the ONE “who so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Let us leave the loving of the world to God! Think now, and repent if it calls for it. Most of these cares of this world won’t come in a form where we can easily identify them except we see them through the Spirit. How far and how long have you given yourself to the cares of this world? It is not too late or too long. With God all things are possible. Listen, nothing can satisfy us other than God. The earlier we know this, the better. Care for God and His things. Care for Jesus. Seek first the kingdom of God…!

CAREFUL GREETINGS TO YOU ALL

(1) (Reply)

Writers Needed, Experience Up To 30,000 Words ( Read Full Guide) / Terrible!!!thought-provoking! / aa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.