Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno (45213 Views)

Why Babakaka Shehu Ngorg Was Killed By Uzonna Maduabuchi, His Fellow Soldier / Babakaka Shehu Ngorgi Shot Dead By Fellow Soldier In Borno / Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by iwaeda: 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2020
A soldier in 202 Battalion of 21 Special Armoured Brigade Bama, Borno State, has killed an officer, Lt. Babakaka Ngorgi.

The incident happened around 10:30 am on Wednesday when the soldier approached the officer who was making a call in front of the unit’s headquarters and gunned him down.

The acting Director Army Public Relations, Col. Sagir Musa, said the soldier had been arrested and is undergoing investigation.

According to him, the general situation in the unit is calm.

Musa in a statement titled, ‘Nigerian soldier suffering from depression kills a subaltern in Borno State’, disclosed that the remains of the deceased officer had been evacuated to 7 Division Medical Services and Hospital.

It said, “Investigation into the case has since been instituted to determine the circumstances that led to the unfortunate incident. The family of the deceased has already been contacted.

“The Nigerian Army sympathizes and condoles with the family at this trying moment, and pray for the repose of the soul of the departed and grant his family and other loved ones the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss. May his gentle soul rest in peace.”

https://punchng.com/soldier-suffering-depression-kills-senior-officer-in-borno/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 30, 2020
It's very easy for Nigerian military recruits to be depressed, honestly. Their pay is low, they boss them around too much, difficult to get promoted.

The way they treat recruits in the army ehn... It's that same frustration they transfer to civilians. embarassed

PS: This is not to justify any killings or suicidal act. Just an expression on my point of view. A crime is a crime, it will always be treated as one.

184 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by Righteousness89(m): 4:24pm On Jul 30, 2020
loneprof:
It's very easy for Nigerian military recruits to be depressed, honestly. Their pay is low, they boss them around too much, difficult to get promoted.

The way they treat recruits in the army ehn... It's that same frustration they transfer to civilians. embarassed

Salaries are not low...

The Salary scale in the Military today is okay..

Motivation / Morale is Extremely low... not Salary..

157 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by brian91(m): 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

Salaries are not low...
The Salary scale in the Militaru today is okay..
Well spoken... motivation and morale is truly extremely low...

66 Likes

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by OK2NVME: 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2020
One of the so-called repentant BH members absorbed into the army.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by saintokwuluora(m): 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2020
The way the military is going today in Nigeria, even the blind can see where they are headed to.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2020
Can this be related to the rehabilitation of the 601 repentant boko haram members

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by Taywon: 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2020
Nothing new... I just dey pity dre love ones
Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

Salaries are not low...

Evangelist, how much do you think their salary is? Please tell me...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by Righteousness89(m): 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2020
loneprof:

Evangelist, how much do you think their salary is? Please tell me...

It's not what I think! Salary is not fixed ! It's based on Rank.

I schooled in the Military! My Dad was a Senior Military officer! I have my Colleauges who are Presently Serving officers in the Military..

The Salary is way better now..

Morale is low.

There are benefits given to Soldiers in the war front, in the country or posted outside. Many of them are being Cheated.

Politicizing the Military

Delay Promotions , Postings and Appointments

Tribal sentiments in posting, Promotions ,etc

These are the Moral killing things in the Military

Salary is not a problem in the Military..

As you get Promoted! Your salary increases.
You have the benefit of salary for life after Retirement..

Once you are Retired, you are Given a Heavy Pay as Gratuity.

The salary of the Military is okay..

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by Shedrack777: 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2020
the depression made him commit murder instead of suicide. don't know whether to be angry or happy for his life

22 Likes

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

It's not what I think! Salary is not fixed ! It's based on Rank.

I schooled in the Military! My Dad was a Military! I have my Colleauges who are Presently Serving officers in the Military..

The Salary way better now..

Talk now, how much is the salary of a recruit (tradesmen/non-tradesmen). Military schooled man, please tell us... grin

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by Righteousness89(m): 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2020
loneprof:

Talk now, how much is the salary of a recruit (tradesmen/non-tradesmen). Military schooled man, please tell us... grin

Ask Google sir..

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by Evilgenuis: 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
More like depression kills depression angry angry angry RIP to the dead.
Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by FirstSon01: 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
H
Righteousness89:

Salaries are not low...

Very true
Going to war with incompetent and greedy generals who send you to war with stupid tactics and worn out gear and seeing the criminals you're fighting that kill your pals in hundreds get national recognition is the most demoralizing thing ever

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by joviegghead: 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
Hmm
There goes another depressed soul.
Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by RapistOnBail: 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

Salaries are not low...

End time Evangelist. grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by pyyxxaro: 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
Buhari and Uncle Shekau are seriously in Shock
Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by Sunriserealtors: 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
Ha

2 Likes

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by jamalnation(m): 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
Nigeria is a time bomb waiting to explode. Get out if you can

2 Likes

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by Hibertoyye(f): 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
Life can be really fustrating

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by frubben(m): 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2020
Hmmmmm more to come . Lol.
Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by RapistOnBail: 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2020
Righteousness89:

Salaries are not low...

1 Like

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by MadeINchenzen2: 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2020
I am tired lipsrsealed
Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by Sacchi1162(m): 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2020
This one na Boko Haram member jare... Depression go make u kill yourself no b another person... This country and this 2020 fear me o... Na God go see us through am

2 Likes

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by Frankyboy1(m): 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2020
Eya
Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by DexterousOne(m): 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
The morale is very low

The chief of army staff should have been kicked out since

He is clearly lacking leadership attributes, and is bereft of ideas
But nigeria is a place where the incompetent get to keep their offices cos they are "loyal"
Na wa

13 Likes

Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by Oddsmaster06: 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
cool

Should I say this is bad news or good news

Good new......... grin

Token odds , my name
Re: Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno by SenatorBright(m): 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
Sacchi1162:
This one na Boko Haram member jare... Depression go make u kill yourself no b another person... This country and this 2020 fear me o... Na God go see us through am

In my opinion, it's either the lieutenant gave or he is giving vital information to terrorist that the Soldier feel is harmful to his command. Don't forget that he didn't shot him in battle, he shot him while the officer was on call. They have got o investigate who the officer talked to on phone. Check his contact to access it. Some soldiers are angry with many of their colleagues who they feels gave advance information to terrorist before and after operation.

The officer may also have done something that prompted his own killing. It's just an opinion. But many of these soldiers are tired to see their best friends killed while Boko Haram members are freed.

18 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hoodlums Storm Umahi’s Hometown In Ebonyi, Set Police Station Ablaze (Photos) / Here Are Videos That Are NOT From The Xenophobic Attacks / Ghana University Student Anally Rapes 10-Year-Old Girl To Death (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.