Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,845 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:11 AM

The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) (36327 Views)

Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? / Ugwu Onyeama Federal Road In Enugu: A Death Trap (Photos, Video) / The Bad State Of Federal Roads In Abịa State... Death Trap (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by DebbieBianca(f): 5:21pm On Jul 30, 2020
This is Nekede/Ihiagwa, down to Obinze road, in Owerri west Local government area of Imo state. For over a decade now, this road has never been attended to in a way that suggest the government really want to fix it.

Nekede/Ihiagwa road is one of the busiest roads in Imo state, leading to A federal university of technology, a federal polytechnic, a monastery, a police training school, an industrial/business cluster, one of the biggest market in Owerri, one of the best seminary Bethel and a whole lot of other public and private establishments, yet the government hasn't deemed it fit to fix this road for good.

This road is the only express way to most villages in the local government area. While coming from the Owerri capital city through this road, you'll first meet Umudibia Nekede, then Umuoma Nekede, Ihiagwa, Eziobodo, Okolochi, Emeabiam, Umuokpor, Umunoha and Obinze... The indigenes of these villages are in tears, agony and filled with sadness because of the bad state of this road. The road has gotten too bad to an extent that the muddy water and sand now flows into people's living houses and compounds. This road has gotten so bad that, passerby's do not even see a space to put their legs while using the road.

We're not talking about vehicles and motorcycles... Those ones find it difficult to use this road because of the ugly state and concurrent damage it causes to their vehicles. Now the few commercial motorist that had to summon courage to use this roads charge exorbitantly to render transportation services to people within this area.

Before now, transportation fare from Umudibia to Owerri used to be #50 (fifty naira only) as time elapsed and the road started getting worse, it rose to #100 (hundred naira only). But as i type, the motorist here charge as much as #300 (three hundred naira) and a few others #400 (four hundred naira) from Umudibia Nekede to Owerri capital city.. A 15 minutes drive journey. Do we blame the motorist, definitely NO, we should blame the government for this difficult situation our people are facing.

When Hon Emeka Ihedioha was declared winner of the 2019 guber election in Imo state, he promised to fix this road. A few months later, work began, drainages were constructed and red mud were applied. The people of Nekede and other neighboring communities rejoiced and supported the contractors. Most of us had to volunteer to work for them free of charge just to ensure the road was fixed. I personally had to wake up every morning, stand in front of Assemblies junction to control traffic for the contractors, free of charge, all was aimed at ensuring nothing stops them from fixing this road... But our hopes was cut short when the former governor was dismissed.

The announcement of governor Hope Uzodimma gave us fresh hopes, after all, he would have mercy on us and continue to fix this road, but things maybe didn't work out as we hoped and now we're in severe pain over this road.

We're suffering, our people are having a tough time because of this road, shops and stores situated along this road doesn't make sales anymore because people do not ply the road to buy goods from the stores. Everyone is crying, the poor persons can't afford #300 to and #300 fro for just transportation to Owerri capital city.

We government's urgent intervention on this road, for crying out loud, this is a busy road. I wonder what these whole situation would look like when school finally resume and students flood everywhere again.

The good people of Nekede and other neighboring communities call on His Excellency, Governor Hope Uzodimma, to please use his good office to attend to our needs, please sir come and help the lives of these poor masses. Fix this road and make this situation easier for us. We'll forever be grateful if you do.

SHARE TILL IT GETS TO THE GOVERNOR, HE NEEDS TO HEAR THIS PLEA......

PLEASE SHARE, MAKE IT GO VIRAL � � �

Source:
https://www./1196461244024021/permalink/1353823694954441/

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by majamajic(m): 5:35pm On Jul 30, 2020
Under construction
Rainy season

Work is going on the road , it's normal during raining season in all construction sites

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by SaintBeehot(m): 6:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
majamajic:
Under construction
Rainy season
grin defending your governor??

142 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by ursullalinda(f): 8:26pm On Jul 30, 2020
This is bad mehn!........Okorocha no try for that state at all........Uzodinma pls sit up oh.

21 Likes

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by Augustinaz(m): 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
iuiu

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by IvarTheBoneless: 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
The Paris of Africa.... we have free swimming pools on every street grin

No wonder Lagos is so congested. Who would want to live here ? Even a pig would be suicidal here. undecided

Let's blame TINUBU for this tongue

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by janedonez(m): 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
So sad, and we have monetary budget for that projectc

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by nonoski: 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
Na waa a
Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by DrChukki: 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
This is a road that connects two federal institutions:

Federal Poly Nekede and Federal University of Technology Owerri...

What a pity

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by RichDad1(m): 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
Really ? shocked shocked
I thought views like these are exclusive to Ibadan or anywhere in the SW as everywhere in the SE is a paradise.
Odiegwu

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by kaymart: 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
I think the road is currently being worked on.
Govt take forever just to fix anything at all, even the slightest takes a very long time let alone roads....
Kudos for bringing it to public notice...

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by paulolee(m): 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
nothing new....thats normal story in nigeria..
please i would like to ask this question that have been disturbing me...
in nigeria as a whole, which do we have more between bad roads and bad leaders

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by Jh0wsef(m): 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
Ok
Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by JazmineDurante(f): 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
In this day and age, we still have roads like this?! How embarrassing!

Who would have thought that in 2020 our government will still have issues fixing our roads! Why then do we pay taxes?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
Mehnnnn, see my hood. Owerri ndi ngwori, it shall never be well with anybody doing this to my ngwori area

3 Likes

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
Naija no dey carry last at all...
Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by dinoplus: 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
Somebody will soon faint, shocked because I can't count how many times my buddies in that area have sent me pictures of projects going on there.

If you're looking for a way you can add extra money to your bank account click my signature to join a free masterclass where I'll be sharing something very beneficial. This isn't referral or pyramid scheme. It's a remote job.

2 Likes

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by kponkedenge(m): 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
Some people will see this and start yabbing one tribe or the other..... Forgetting that bad leadership is everywhere, and it's what has gotten us into this situation.

Has anyone tried going to Ijesha in surulere and witnessed how bad that road is. That road was last done during Fashola's first term and it has not been maintained ever since.... It is an eyesore... Now if I'm going there, I'll rather drive through Kilo which is also bad, but not as bad as the Ijesha own.

Following the inner streets at lawanson to get to Ijesha is equally worse, you'll just keep dancing inside the car till you reach your destination. It's even worse when it rains.

What about Akobi crescent road that leads to Owokoniran? I can go on and on....

The truth is that bad leadership has brought us to this point. Our so called leaders are just there to share money, while they hope you all continue to stay divided so you won't come for their heads.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by Davonised: 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
since 2012 I left nekede .na wa o

4 Likes

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by mbaise1000: 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
fruits of the god of mbaka,
since mbaka said that his god told him that gave imo people
uzodimma as a blessing to imo and this is what we see so far, I think whatever uzodimma achieved in imo state will be the fruit of that mbaka's god, for me I STILL think that it can still turn out good for all of us including the governor himself

6 Likes

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by codedlee(m): 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
come enugu
Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by mrvitalis(m): 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
It would never be well with APC n rochas

This road was good as of 2010

6 Likes

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
This country has never been in better need of a revolution.

2 Likes

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by Charleys: 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
grin
Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by OkhaiAsein(m): 8:29pm On Jul 30, 2020
nawa oo
Lord ave mercy
meanwhile I'll design a brand logo and flyers for your business for 2k
Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by majamajic(m): 8:29pm On Jul 30, 2020
SaintBeehot:
grin defending your governor??

Am not from there, just saying what I see

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by Anambra1stS0n: 8:29pm On Jul 30, 2020
Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by Gabe427: 8:29pm On Jul 30, 2020
A major road in this state

this is bad I feel the pain of those people
like you'll have to wear shorts to cross road or use a canoe

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by Donchichi212(m): 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
Chai see my former school road oo, Nekedwire!!
Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by ABBAkyari: 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
Useless state
Useless governor

2 Likes

Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by SaintNegro77: 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
���� supreme court governor
Re: The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) by Arrewa: 8:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
The earlier we wake up and start holding our our governors accountable for our annual Allocations the better for all of us.

They prefer blaming the north while their leaders keep siphoning their allocations.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds / President Buhari Launches 10-Year Validity E-passport / What Am I To Do, My Only Brother Is In A Chinese Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.