Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,674 members, 7,801,944 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) (59036 Views)

Romarox Tourism 2019 Photo Competition To Reward Photographers With Car, N3.5M / Whatsapp Group For Professional, Mobile Photographers And Graphic Designers / 7 Dangerous Images That Almost Got Their Photographers Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by pocohantas(f): 9:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
Zimri created a thread recently, a very enlightening one I must add and some people were pretty curious as to how these images are captured. After following lots of wildlife photographers, I think I can give an elementary list on how they achieve this feat. This list is not encompassing.

— First it might please us to know that these photographers always work with locals and rangers. So, if you are a hunter here and you know where a cluster of interesting wildlife can be found in Nigeria- rather than kill them for pepper soup, reach out to these guys.

1—Camouflage; This is perfect not just for unpredictable animals, but for shy and fast moving animals too (e.g) birds. After a series of failed attempts, a wildlife photographer, Henryk Janowski, came up with an ingenious disguise to get close to his subjects. He built a floating swan that could support his equipment. Unperturbed by the size of the swan, he floated around the birds and got good pictures/videos.

Pictures of the swan and some photos he took.

85 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by pocohantas(f): 9:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
2—They Follow Them; They have good knowledge of these animals and know where to find them. So, they keep following them. This requires lots of patience. It takes them months and even years to come up with some documentaries we watch. They drive in trucks; trucks built for the job as they have something like a crane that can drop/lift the camera or platforms to place cameras. It is sometimes equipped with a chair that gives the photographer an opportunity to sit closer at a height. The camera would be controlled by a handheld device.

Pictures; @alexbraczkowski on IG

64 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by Righteousness89(m): 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2020
So Beautiful ...

I am so Eager for the Millienium Reign with JESUS here on Earth after the Rapture..

That's where We are gonna see the True Relationship God ordained for Humans and Animals.

That's where Humans and Animals would live in Love, Joy and Peace..

I Can't Wait for that! It's gonna be So Wonderful!

153 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by pocohantas(f): 9:39pm On Jul 30, 2020
3—Use Remote Cameras/ Telephoto Lens; This is pretty self explanatory. Cameras can also be camouflaged or kept in the path of these animals and be controlled remotely. The telephoto lens allows them to capture closeup images from a far distance.

4— Allow Them Get Used To You; I have seen several wildlife photographers say they had to visit a spot everyday till the animal took them as a part of the landscape and even came close. However, they say the rule is never to go to the animal, allow it come to you.

Pictures; @shannon_wild on IG

@paulnicklen on IG

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by pocohantas(f): 9:42pm On Jul 30, 2020
5— Dive Right In; As unbelievable as it sounds, a lot of marine photographers actually take live pictures of sharks and crocodiles. They go with expert shark researchers, marine biologists and the likes.

6—Drones and Attached cameras; Thanks to technology, drones can be used to follow these animals and they can have cameras attached to them, especially the aquatic ones.

Pictures; @filipe_deandrade on IG

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by pocohantas(f): 9:47pm On Jul 30, 2020
7—Be One Of Them I know only one person that totally fits in here. Dude claims to be a member of a pride. I created a thread on him recently HERE. So, you can try this route and take all the pictures you want. cheesy

Pictures; @dean.schneider on IG

For people who have interest in wildlife exploration, you can visit www.nationalgeographic.org/grants

Cc: Jornwhite, come give your contribution. wink

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by VickyRotex(f): 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2020
Nice thread! Good job OP. cool cool

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by meobizy(f): 10:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
Notice how it’s only white people doing these. The black man will poach those animals to sell parts to the Chinese or eat them all.

192 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by pTomz(m): 10:40pm On Jul 30, 2020
These guys do alot of work, though risky but I applaud them

62 Likes

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by Shukusheka(m): 10:41pm On Jul 30, 2020
I've always thought these pictures were taken afar from high tech cameras or through the use of drone. Quality thread.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by yuswrld20(m): 10:47pm On Jul 30, 2020
dat man na todome

2 Likes

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by Shukusheka(m): 10:51pm On Jul 30, 2020
meobizy:
Notice how it’s only white people doing these. The black man will poach those animals to sell parts to the Chinese or eat them all.
It is not even a blackman thing, it is a reflection of races still battling with poverty. White people can afford to shift their interest into wildlife because they have attained a certain level of self actualization, they have lesser fundamental things to worry about.

501 Likes 34 Shares

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by IAmSkinny: 11:02pm On Jul 30, 2020
Omor, as a wildlife Grapher ehnn, a fast telephoto lens is a compulsory inventory.
Olympus is doing very fine with their bad ass m4/3 telephoto lenses. Sadly the imaging division has been sold.
Hey guys, check out my portfolio of some cool digital photography https://www.nairaland.com/5660603/im-enthusiast-photographer-heres-mini

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by jaeyking(m): 11:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
nice job. the moment yoy have passion for what you are doing. you wont think twice about taking risks

8 Likes

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by PureGoldh(m): 11:11pm On Jul 30, 2020
Best documentary I have ever come across for a while now....So, na so NATGEO wild take evolve

My people, if you need Pure Original Honey... Kindly contact O 81O16667 71 let's talk about it now...Stay blessed and safe Fam...una wehdone

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 30, 2020
Quite an educative thread.
Good job Pocohantas.
Hopefully this will make frontpage because person don tire for BBNaija nonsense threads.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by PureGoldh(m): 11:17pm On Jul 30, 2020
J111333:
Quite an educative thread.
Good job Pocohantas.
Hopefully this will make frontpage because person don tire for BBNaija nonsense.

Bro...that BBNaija matter have eaten real deep into the system..... Telecoms and government dey benefit from it both directly and indirectly.

I really don't see it's benefit

34 Likes

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by Hintona(f): 11:18pm On Jul 30, 2020
They are trying ♥️
Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by DaInferno(m): 11:36pm On Jul 30, 2020
jazz follow for this thing grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by Zimri(m): 12:36am On Jul 31, 2020
Cool ✔️✔️❣️❣️✊

I read that it took the photographer 6days to capture these. There is more to photography than just the will. Passion is key ♠️♠️

NICE THREAD I MUST SAY POCOHANTAS!✓✓♥️

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by pocohantas(f): 12:53am On Jul 31, 2020
Zimri:
Cool ✔️✔️❣️❣️✊

I read that it took the photographer 6days to capture these. There is more to photography than just the will. Passion is key ♠️♠️

NICE THREAD I MUST SAY POCOHANTAS!✓✓♥️

Lol. A melanistic leopard (black panther) and its sibling. Abi na husband and wife? grin

6 whole days o. Shannon Wild took almost 2yrs to shoot the documentary, The Real Black Panther in India. At a point the leopard got wounded and went into hiding, they had to wait for it to resurface, lol. Their dedication is second to none.

Thanks Zim... smiley

132 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by Alexaonfleek: 1:06am On Jul 31, 2020
Who post that black panther picture at this time na? See as the thing be like monitoring spirit.

28 Likes

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by Zimri(m): 1:12am On Jul 31, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Who post that black panther picture at this time na?
See as the thing be like monitoring spirit.

NO VEX✊ NA MIDNIGHT WE DEY cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by Sunriserealtors: 5:17am On Jul 31, 2020
Ok
Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by Freestainworld(m): 5:18am On Jul 31, 2020
being a wild life photographer is usually not easy, if you are not well trained, you could end up as one of those beast Menu's.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by ironheart(m): 5:18am On Jul 31, 2020
Success and risk goes hand in hand.

16 Likes

Re: How Wildlife Photographers Get Their Contents (photos) by hidhrhis(m): 5:21am On Jul 31, 2020
I love this

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arigbede Ojo Olaropo Makes A Hyper-Realistic Statue Of A Female Corper (Photos) / Lady Calls Out Another Lady For Editing Her Picture To Fix In Her Head. / Painting Of A Painting Painter Who Paints Around The Painting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.