Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,882 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:21 AM

Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. (31650 Views)

Have You Ever Been Chased By A Dog? Share Your Experience / Have You Been Chased By A Turkey Before? Share Your Experiences. / How Long Does It Takes A Dog Before It Forgets One's Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by SirMichael1: 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2020
stanliwise:
My own experience wasn’t funny back then I went to a friend house. I knew they have a very aggressive dog, so I didn’t even bother to enter, I called the guy, only for his younger(About six years) bro to come out and started whining me about me afraid of his dog, in same atmosphere I too was whining him that I am not afraid of the dog and the dog can’t do anything.
My friend came and we were discussing, lol and behold the smallie don go release dog carry am with no chain dey come meet me o. As I sight the dog from far running in light speed, my friend turn back to go stop am, but me as a sharp guy don know say dog go escape. Omo na so me I start my own race o like 1000miles gap before the dog but as I turn back ehn e be like say the dog teleport to my back of leg. Omo see shout “yeeeeyeeeeeyeeee”, As I Dey run the next thing my mind tell me Na to jump inside gutter, omo I jump inside o, the dog ran back. All the girls and even friends sisters and everyone on the street where just looking at me inside gutter grin grin grin grin. Omo shame nor catch me, na God I just dey thank say the dog nor bite me.

Everybody just dey look me, some dey shout for guy wey get dog. Anyway I had minor injuries and a little dislocation but no bite. Later on my friends were now telling me that I should not have run(for my mind I be like If I hear). O boy since then until them change the size of chain and anytime the chain is lock that I use to come to visit o.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

True. No run next time.
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by Ochuksbaba(m): 1:01pm On Jul 31, 2020
I have had some experiences but the one that pained me the most was when I came back late to my school apartment ,I had bought oil beans in a black nylon as dinner to pass the night.
when I got close to my compound I decided to walk past into the street to buy bread ,, There was no light so everywhere was pitch dark ,,I passed a compound I don't normally pass before to find a shop which hasn't closed for the day .
Little did I know that a native dog just gave birth and is with her puppies outside ,I walked passed them in the dark ,next thing I heard it's deep growl ,I turned and saw its shining eyes ,,it charged at me and because I didn't expect it was there at first ,I was taken by surprise .
I turned and ran into the tarred street , unfortunately where I ran past had a thick rope tied on two poles used for hanging clothes ,I am a tall guy ,,so as I fled ,I ran straight into the rope ,it caught my neck ,next thing I knew I ,,I fell and rolled into a shallow gutter ,got up , bundled myself into the tarred road .
No one was around that night ,,I was so pissed ,the dog saw what it had led me into retreated when it how I fell and rolled in the dust .
I was scrapped on my hands ,my Jean trouser ripped ,,I just searched for my oil beans in the dark , found it on the coal tar ,,went home in frustration , thank God it didn't burst ,,I poured the beans inside plate ,then park garri put Tek chop am with my lips wen don swell up ..
Since then I begin curse the dog anytime I de waka pass

15 Likes

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by AerialMapper: 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
Rule 1: Don’t Run

This only triggers the dogs primal instinct to chase

If you are running, stop, turn around, stand your ground, stare the dog in the eye and shout firmly stop!!! You can stamp your leg... two things will happen...

If it is a bingo, it will scamper past you or stop, turn around and run away!
If is is a pit bull, Rottweiler, Doberman, Dogo Argentine, cane corso or Belgian Malinois... say your prayers cos na bite sure pass

9 Likes

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by JayLaFlame(m): 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2020
Oomo..
I made the mistake of reading this thread while I was eating at a buka joint..
See I Wan die 4 laff..
People just dey look me say weytn dey do this one

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by folake4u(f): 1:13pm On Jul 31, 2020
I have oh.
Way back in secondary school!!!!

My school had an elevated platform where we usually hold morning assembly and general announcement, that you can't jump or climb without using the stairs. On one fateful afternoon, I was walking along that path and I saw a dog coming close to me, I was scared and I ran, this dog chased me so bad that I didn't know when I jumped that assembly platform without the stairs.
Omooooooo! It wasn't funny that day oh.

Now that I think of it, it makes me laugh.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by SmallmebigGod: 1:20pm On Jul 31, 2020
chatinent:

I can relate. My bro, if you accidentally see your face in a mirror while running bro, you mayn't recognize you.
It happened to me as a young boy, I was 6. About 30 years later, I still fear dog.it is an experience that is difficult to forget
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by SmallmebigGod: 1:21pm On Jul 31, 2020
AerialMapper:
Rule 1: Don’t Run

This only triggers the dogs primal instinct to chase

If you are running, stop, turn around, stand your ground, stare the dog in the eye and shout firmly stop!!! You can stamp your leg... two things will happen...

If it is a bingo, it will scamper past you or stop, turn around and run away!
If is is a pit bull, Rottweiler, Doberman, Dogo Argentine, cane corso or Belgian Malinois... say your prayers cos na bite sure pass
Funny, dangerous advice
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by Supan(m): 1:23pm On Jul 31, 2020
Hopebringer:

Bro calm down, you do know unlike other countries Nigeria has no laws against any Breed of dog being imported here ?

He didn't break any laws and besides he paid for the burial of the child and all hospital bills

This your reply sef... So after paying for the burial was the child restored alive to his loving family?

I would like to see the feeling of that dog owner if a neighbour's dog bite and kill his own 12year son.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by emmalux2(m): 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
BIG DADDY CAMRY SAVED ME THAT DAY.

When we moved into the compound, the Landlady had two mad oyibo dogs, I started by testing how I would jump on top of the Camry anyday I would be chased by the dogs, as if I knew it would come someday. one day, they came after me, I ran and closed the door against them and they (the two dogs) were pushing the door against me. Maybe one of the dogs anyway. If I had fearfully allowed them open the door as a woman would do, it would have been a different thing. One of the days I saw them chase me in the dream.
Another day, I came out and they chased me again, God helping me, I ran back and climbed on top of the big daddy Camry, thank God the car was in the compound that day, the dogs tried to climb to the top of the car but it was slippery for the dogs to climb on. PRAISE THE LIVING GOD. The landlady's daughter responded as a result of their barkings and God saved me.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by sharpwriter(m): 1:29pm On Jul 31, 2020
Majikman:
Lol
I've been chased by a dog, chased by a monkey and even a fucking mother hen

As for the dog's own
Went to go see a friend , in that their street I don't know if dey curse dem cuz almost every compound has its own dog ...So as I was jejely walking to my guys house , I saw it and stopped in my tracks ,it did d same .
I looked and all the gates were locked so where did dis bastard come out from ... In the twinkle of an eye ,the dog started chasing me . I ran to d road thinking d dog would go back cuz of cars , omo it didn't ... I had to run into a supermarket and take cover before d dog went away.

As for d monkey and hen dats for another
day.

And na the monkey and hen own for sweet us pass wink
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 31, 2020
I had an experience with a Bingo dog. As I was running, luckily I saw a 2 by 2 long wood. I picked it immediately i picked it na so the Bingo dog pick race.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by KingEzo: 1:32pm On Jul 31, 2020
I was in primary school then when I experienced my first encounter with dog. I and my friend always branched at one old woman compound to throw stone at the dogs they were three. on this fateful day, we didn't know that the dogs were loosed so we went there as usual to stone the dog as we picked the first stone, the dog just limped through the gate and chased us, I and my friends ran until I got tired and couldn't run again. I lost my breath and wanted to faint. God just saved me that I didn't fall, I just stand and turned to faced the dogs, they also stand staring at me. thats the left me and started chasing my friends... People were just congratulating me that, it was God that save me.

the second one was when I traveled to visit my uncle in Abuja. the first day I got there late so the dog didn't see my face until the next day. as I walk out in the following morning to greet my uncles driver, the dog just rush towards me to attack me but the driver stoped her. so I went out that day, as I was coming back, I didn't know that the gate man was not there, so I opened the gate and entered the compound, that's how the big fat dog started working towards me, something just came up within me that I should not run, so I stand and placed my hand it's head and started scratching it's head. to my surprise, the dog just closed its eyes and started rubbing itself with my trousers... in fact it was God..

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by astonished: 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2020
Hopebringer:

Bro calm down, you do know unlike other countries Nigeria has no laws against any Breed of dog being imported here ?

He didn't break any laws and besides he paid for the burial of the child and all hospital bills

heeen, this is astonished, calm down as he didn't break any law, also besides he paid for the burial of the child and all hospital bills.

Maan, we are talking of human life here & you are saying all these.

All of you animal lover that the life of your dog is more important than life of your neighbour, well anyone that breed animal that endangered the life of my love one, that person is death - surely I assassinate him, so far you value your animal than human being, your life we look like animal to me
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by joxxy01(m): 1:36pm On Jul 31, 2020
Kai, whisky show me Pepper no be small.. twice bitten by that mad Dog. Well may His Rugged soul rest in Peace

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by Neo28: 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2020
It was on a Sunday I was with my uncle when all off a sudden I heard "" Shedrack dog don jump fence"So na I was thinking it was scam when suddenly I saw a dog terrorising one keke immediately d dog started coming directly at me and on that Sunday I was watching one kain documentary about wolf. Before my uncle could turn I have reach house. I immediately changed channel thinking that the spirit off the dogs has come for revenge

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by oluwaseunamos33(m): 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2020
U must be a he-goat
SirMichael1:
Nonsensical nonsense and trash talk.
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by NnaNna4(m): 2:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
fulaniHERDSman:
Well, mine was that I had to overpower two massive pitbulls and tied them up in a dump for their owners to come pick without sustaining a single scratch. How I did it I am one very strong, swift and brave guy. Has faced worse situations and came unscathed.
cool cool cool

Fulani herdsman jars dey work
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by Hopebringer: 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2020
Athemisia:

Rottweilers are not connected to bear linage... and cannot be hybrid together

You don't know alot about dogs do you ?

Smh

In fact bruno has giant pups and they are for sale if you are interested I can connect you with the owner
The puppies are giant and very ugly plus each goes for over 300k
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by Cleo7: 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2020
years ago i passed a younger guy(an area friend but a junior ) house the guy was outside with his dog (crossbreed),as usual he greeted me and asked me whether i have blackberry battery as i move close to reply him,naso im yeye crossbreed launched an attack against me,i was stunned 4 a moment,naso unconsciously i com raise my hand slap the dog ,if u see how the dog bounced on the floor like ball(i was feeling fly),the dog wen back further and tried to launch anoda attack naso him owner stop am.naso GOD take save me

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by kolade560: 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2020
grin nairalanders go start to lie now
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by dereborn(m): 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2020
My own was crazy and hillarious. I used to do home lessons for these kids some years ago and they had 2 fiercely looking big dogs. The dogs are always caged due to thier stubbornness and trouble. As a street guy with lots of experience with street dogs( bingos), i thought i can always have my way.

Whenever i go there, i always taunt the dogs and they will keep barking from their cage and i will be in front of the cage laughing at them. On this faithful day,i never knew d dogs were uncaged and were chilling under a car inside the compound. As usual, the entrance gate was opened and the boy that opened the gate for me to come in quickly ran back to his room. As i was making my way to the main building, the dogs came out and started barking and pursuing me. I was surprised seeing them because i thought they were caged as usual. I ran and shouted help help but nobody came out . I had to jump a very big fence and got injured. That was when they came out and stopped the dogs . It was really crazy because the dogs never liked me.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by boom99(m): 2:12pm On Jul 31, 2020
Got to the gate,confirmed that the dog was in its cage. Never knew the dog dug a hole from which it comes out atimes. I walked majestically to the compound. Lo and behold the dog was coming with rage, coming to devour me....The way and manner I dived into the kitchen is still a miracle to me. I'm still in shock.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by chatinent: 2:17pm On Jul 31, 2020
BornMarch15:

Don't you really write academic projects for people? I doubt you do
Good afternoon. Why do you ask?
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by Lighthammer(m): 2:19pm On Jul 31, 2020
Mine was gruesome...25 07 2018...one pretentious,high and mighty piece of shit half-caste posessed girl who think guys should worship the ground that she tread on set their dog loose on me...a rotweiler...because am the only only guy in the street can stand up to her raving madness,... She was walking her dog that day...one thing led to the other and it led to a misunderstanding that day and the next thing released the dog on me,to sum it all i was able to kill the damn dog but i was wounded so much and i still have the scar.... Almost succumb to my wounds....despite the number of witness there,she claimed i tried to rape her and i was arrested....due to her father's influence,but the case was later dropped...they got another dog and it died mysteriously,till today their dogs keep dying....and that how it will continue to be.....unless they do the right thing....

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by chatinent: 2:21pm On Jul 31, 2020
SirMichael1:
Boring piece. Got more boring when you opined 'this life no just balance', got the most boring when you started hyping your features when you should have talked more about the dog's features.

You stated when the dog caught your leg, but failed to state when the dog freed that leg. I give you 6/10
Opinion is free,bro. Enjoy it while you are alive, I've already made my point.
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 31, 2020
Hopebringer:

You are stupid so paying for the burial and the medical bills is worth a life. The things I read online

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by LadySarah: 2:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
Ochuksbaba:
I have had some experiences but the one that pained me the most was when I came back late to my school apartment ,I had bought oil beans in a black nylon as dinner to pass the night.
when I got close to my compound I decided to walk past into the street to buy bread ,, There was no light so everywhere was pitch dark ,,I passed a compound I don't normally pass before to find a shop which hasn't closed for the day .
Little did I know that a native dog just gave birth and is with her puppies outside ,I walked passed them in the dark ,next thing I heard it's deep growl ,I turned and saw its shining eyes ,,it charged at me and because I didn't expect it was there at first ,I was taken by surprise .
I turned and ran into the tarred street , unfortunately where I ran past had a thick rope tied on two poles used for hanging clothes ,I am a tall guy ,,so as I fled ,I ran straight into the rope ,it caught my neck ,next thing I knew I ,,I fell and rolled into a shallow gutter ,got up , bundled myself into the tarred road .
No one was around that night ,,I was so pissed ,the dog saw what it had led me into retreated when it how I fell and rolled in the dust .
I was scrapped on my hands ,my Jean trouser ripped ,,I just searched for my oil beans in the dark , found it on the coal tar ,,went home in frustration , thank God it didn't burst ,,I poured the beans inside plate ,then park garri put Tek chop am with my lips wen don swell up ..
Since then I begin curse the dog anytime I de waka pass

My tummyooo. I Don laff tire today.

The food didn't pepper your kpomo lips?
Hahahahahahahahahahahaba
Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by lanreHeda: 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2020
Supan:

This your reply sef... So after paying for the burial was the child restored alive to his loving family?

I would like to see the feeling of that dog owner if a neighbour's dog bite and kill his own 12year son.
As in........see rubbish talk

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by emmy512: 2:37pm On Jul 31, 2020
Once you're pursued by a dog that's not upto your waist in height, the moment you get far away to turn, face it and wait for it immidiately it tries pounce on you while in the air grab it by the collar if it has one and look str8 in his face while maneuvering it. If it has no collar continue running �

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by 1manuel(m): 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2020
In my expirence I wasn't the victim

Well the victim was a woman who runs a small shop opposite our house. The funny thing was that our dog doesn't bark, and I've been hearing saying like a barking dog doesn't bite I never Beleive till that day when this incident occured

It was a cool evening everything was cool.. Then this woman just started walking into our compound like say she be landlady.... I was just nine then i was staring from the window........... This woman kept walking further into the compound she was calling our neighbor in Yoruba language., I didn't understand what she was saying. She kept calling mummy yewande , until the becky (the dog) rushed her... Omo if you see the look on that woman face , i couldn't help but laugh... I kept laughing hard until my big bro went to help her... God save am say the dog no bite am

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by UndauntedYOCA(f): 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2020
Ah, lol. Make I talk my own.
Well, when people see me they usually never imagine I can be swift/run, in fact when people get told I used to get cash gifts in the barrack where I served on days when we did endurance jogging during morning PTs (soldiers/officers here will understand) as the last female corper standing (usually we'd be left with just 2-3 female soldiers left + myself), they'd be amazed.
Anyways sha, one night like that I had decided to see one of our corper off to MOQ, on getting to the commanding officer's drive that's how we saw two bright looking eyes staring at us ooooo, lol, the dog hadn't even barked much before I picked race at the speed of light screaming at the others not to run in my direction so the dog wouldn't chase after us all, lol, I can't stop laughing ooo. The other guys were too scared to run, they didn't even know that I had almost gotten to our lodge sef and they were busy looking for me.
I sha went back to meet them ooooo and when they saw me they couldn't believe I could run that much, they were super surprised at my speed.
I actually can't run that much but in times of danger before you say Jack omo I don reach Kafancha. Reminds me of the day oro chased me , eh!!! That day no funny at all.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Chased By A Dog Before? Share Your Experience. by emmy512: 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2020
Never experienced it, but my dog pursued one electrician that came to borrow my ladder while i was outside.
The dog got his bag and he was just lucky it was just 2 months old bull.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Beautiful Pictures From KCR Dog Walk 2022 In Port Harcourt / Posthumous Award For The Dog That Foiled Boko Haram Suicide Bombing In Borno / I Got My Tortoise Yesterday...courtesy Yula Farms Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.