Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,992 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:05 AM

How Atheist Should See religious people - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Atheist Should See religious people (485 Views)

AI (alien Intelligence) And The Question Of God - How Atheist & Theist Are Right / Joyce Meyer Defends Tattoos, Says She Might Get One To Make Religious People Mad / How Atheist See The Future Vs How Christians See It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Atheist Should See religious people by tobechi20(m): 2:54am On Jul 31, 2020
RELIGION IS LIKe crutches for the lame. The healthy do not need it to walk. It slows down their pace. The old and physically challenged need it. It helps them walk.One man meet is another man poison.
When a lame man uses his walking aid to hit a little child, removing the walking aid is not the solution. Removing the walking aid would only make him fall on the ground. He would get angrier, pick up a stone and hit the child. The problem is not solved.The means of perpetuating violence changed.
We now have a sitting violent lame man.
This is the same with religion. Guns do not kill. People do.
Instead of proposing religious ban, Atheist should focus on creating another alternative walking aid or. simply cure the lame. This done ,the lame will see no need for religion.He will happily throw it away.
Atheist should recognise the function of religion in an individual life. Religion is mostly a coping mechanism in a world that seems meaningless, and disorderly . It provides hope.
Removing it would be suicidal like withdrawing drugs from an addict.
For the Atheist, he can reason independently, he does not need a walking - stick. Rationalising is their coping strategy.
Not all individual possess this ability. Just as some persons are very good in the use of hand, others are good in the use of their mouth, some are gifted with the use of their brain .Brainy persons use rationalisation as coping strategy and tend to drift toward atheism.
Others who are not gifted in that area need to work very hard at thinking and may need,laws, codes, commandments, holybook to assist them in making decision when faced with ethical dilemma.
The same way many Atheist I know struggle to do basic house repairs.
We all have strength and weaknesses we should not mock those deficient in our string holds
Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by LordReed(m): 7:19am On Jul 31, 2020
tobechi20:
RELIGION IS LIKe crutches for the lame. The healthy do not need it to walk. It slows down their pace. The old and physically challenged need it. It helps them walk.One man meet is another man poison.
When a lame man uses his walking aid to hit a little child, removing the walking aid is not the solution. Removing the walking aid would only make him fall on the ground. He would get angrier, pick up a stone and hit the child. The problem is not solved.The means of perpetuating violence changed.
We now have a sitting violent lame man.
This is the same with religion. Guns do not kill. People do.
Instead of proposing religious ban, Atheist should focus on creating another alternative walking aid or. simply cure the lame. This done ,the lame will see no need for religion.He will happily throw it away.
Atheist should recognise the function of religion in an individual life. Religion is mostly a coping mechanism in a world that seems meaningless, and disorderly . It provides hope.
Removing it would be suicidal like withdrawing drugs from an addict.
For the Atheist, he can reason independently, he does not need a walking - stick. Rationalising is their coping strategy.
Not all individual possess this ability. Just as some persons are very good in the use of hand, others are good in the use of their mouth, some are gifted with the use of their brain .Brainy persons use rationalisation as coping strategy and tend to drift toward atheism.
Others who are not gifted in that area need to work very hard at thinking and may need,laws, codes, commandments, holybook to assist them in making decision when faced with ethical dilemma.
The same way many Atheist I know struggle to do basic house repairs.
We all have strength and weaknesses we should not mock those deficient in our string holds

What I think is we are all lame, atheists have only seen that you don't need the walking stick to cope. Besides atheist don't claim to have any healing powers.

Also if you are using a walking stick to hit someone then you've turned the walking stick into a weapon, should people be free to go around hitting others with weapons?

1 Like

Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by karo93: 10:11am On Jul 31, 2020
Atheists are also leaning onto the idea that there is no God for support.

In reality they cant logically and rationally prove there is no God. They may be right or they may be wrong. But they choose to believe they are right cos it makes them feel better about life.

Everyone is on crutches.....no one rilly knows. Pick your own crutch and enjoy the limp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by gsegun43: 11:39am On Jul 31, 2020
karo93:
Atheists are also leaning onto the idea that there is no God for support.

In reality they cant logically and rationally prove there is no God. They may be right or they may be wrong. But they choose to believe they are right cos it makes them feel better about life.

Everyone is on crutches.....no one rilly knows. Pick your own crutch and enjoy the limp
Atheists do not need to prove anything, it is theists that need to prove that god exist and their inability to prove that is already a proof that their is no god.

2 Likes

Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by kingxsamz(m): 11:58am On Jul 31, 2020
karo93:
Atheists

In reality they cant logically and rationally prove there is no God.

Logically, this statement is incorrect.

1 Like

Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by karo93: 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2020
gsegun43:
Atheists do not need to prove anything, it is theists that need to prove that god exist and their inability to prove that is already a proof that their is no god.

Its a free world bro.... no one owes you anything. You are free to believe whatever you want to believe.

The issue of God is not tied to the theists. The fact that theists cannot prove God doesnt mean there is no God.

What if God doesnt want to be known or worshipped or all other stuffs we learn about God in religion.

What if God doesnt even care about the theists and their religions?

Will that change the fact that there is such a supreme being that created the universe?

Atheists do not have to prove anything. But atheists also do not have enough information to conclude scientifically that "there is no God"..... at most you can conclude that you have not seen proof.....and no one owes it to you to convince you....except God himself.....assuming he actually needs you to accept that he exists anyway
Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by karo93: 12:57pm On Jul 31, 2020
kingxsamz:

True. You cant prove a negative. But it also limits your conclusion on the issue.

The conclusion should be....There is so far no evidence of a supreme being. If evidence appears tommorow then the conclusion shifts.

Atheism is a conclusion that "There is no God" and that is not logical. You dont have the right to make such a conclusion.
Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by kingxsamz(m): 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
karo93:

True. You cant prove a negative. But it also limits your conclusion on the issue.

The conclusion should be....There is so far no evidence of a supreme being. If evidence appears tommorow then the conclusion shifts.

Atheism is a conclusion that "There is no God" and that is not logical. You dont have the right to make such a conclusion.

grin grin grin The conclusion is not logical?
Would the conclusion be logical if someone claims a three headed, half snake, half unicorn that shits gold and rainbow, lives in a planet occupied by robot aliens, even though this person has never seen one or able to provide proof? Answer. grin
Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by kingxsamz(m): 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2020
karo93:

Its a free world bro.... no one owes you anything. You are free to believe whatever you want to believe.

The issue of God is not tied to the theists. The fact that theists cannot prove God doesnt mean there is no God.

What if God doesnt want to be known or worshipped or all other stuffs we learn about God in religion.

What if God doesnt even care about the theists and their religions?

Will that change the fact that there is such a supreme being that created the universe?

Atheists do not have to prove anything. But atheists also do not have enough information to conclude scientifically that "there is no God"..... at most you can conclude that you have not seen proof.....and no one owes it to you to convince you....except God himself.....assuming he actually needs you to accept that he exists anyway

Do you believe that the Flying spaghetti monster exists?
Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by karo93: 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2020
kingxsamz:

Would the conclusion be logical if someone claims a three headed, half snake, half unicorn that shits gold and rainbow, lives in a planet occupied by robot aliens, even though this person has never seen one or able to provide proof? Answer. grin

There is no proof such a strange creature exists.

Belief isnt scientific or evidential. Belief is to accept something as true without proof.

Thus based on knowledge; there is no proof and i wont accept that it exists.

But here is the twist. I wont make a categorical statement that i am 100percent sure it doesnt exist. Instead i will say there is no evidence to prove it exists.

Tommorow if there is new evidence that it exists i will say... There is now verifiable and testable proof that the flying spagethi monster exists.

Thats what science is all about.
Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by karo93: 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2020
kingxsamz:

Do you believe that the Flying spaghetti monster exists?

Belief isnt scientific or evidential. Belief is to accept something as true without proof. Belief isnt knowledge.....its emotional and freestyle.

I do not believe it exists. But i also dont know for a fact that it doesnt exist.

If i claim to be 100percent sure it doesnt exist then i am no different from the people that said it will be impossible to create an object that flies in the air.

Their claims may have lasted hundreds of years and seemed to be true but today there is now proof that they are wrong.
Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by karo93: 2:15pm On Jul 31, 2020
kingxsamz:

In conclusion....No. the conclusion of the theists is not logical either except they have proof.

Proof should be independently verifiable, testable and reproducible.

I love to say that both Theism and Atheism are faith based belief systems......Neither of them is a logical conclusion.

The catch however is that many theists claim verifiable proof of God. If those claims are true then for them its no longer belief but a fact......but ofcourse if they cannot show you the proof then they shouldnt expect you to accept their statement as a fact. You can only believe
Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by LordReed(m): 2:16pm On Jul 31, 2020
karo93:

Atheism is a conclusion that "There is no God"

No matter how many times you are told this is wrong you will persist in saying it. Atheism is lack of belief in gods of any kind simple.
Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by karo93: 2:29pm On Jul 31, 2020
LordReed:

No matter how many times you are told this is wrong you will persist in saying it. Atheism is lack of belief in gods of any kind simple.

There is a difference between "Lack of belief in God" and "Concluding that there is no God"

I agree with the standard definition that you stated.

My argument is for people crossing the line to conclude with all confidence that "There is no God"
Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by LordReed(m): 3:19pm On Jul 31, 2020
karo93:

There is a difference between "Lack of belief in God" and "Concluding that there is no God"

I agree with the standard definition that you stated.

My argument is for people crossing the line to conclude with all confidence that "There is no God"

Then say some atheists not atheism. It is like saying Christians venerate Mary when it is only Catholics who do.
Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by karo93: 3:45pm On Jul 31, 2020
LordReed:

Then say some atheists not atheism. It is like saying Christians venerate Mary when it is only Catholics who do.

Point noted
Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by Kobojunkie: 6:46pm On Jul 31, 2020
gsegun43:
are you sure you about that? undecided
Yeah...you, cause you seem to have a lot you want to prove here. I mean that seems just about all you do here. undecided
Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 31, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Yeah...you, cause you seem to have a lot you want to prove here. I mean that seems just about all you do here. undecided

Check your PM
Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Jul 31, 2020
kingxsamz:

care to explain what it is you find illogical about the statement? undecided
Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by Kobojunkie: 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2020
Brachaa:

Check your PM
ok

1 Like

Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by gsegun43: 6:50pm On Jul 31, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I am not getting you
Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2020
gsegun43:

I am not getting you
You seem to have a lot to prove is what I mean and most every one of your rebuttals seems to show this I.e. it seems a religion for your person.

The way I view people like you is you probably just exchanged one religion for another without even realizing it. Just my observation is all! undecided
Re: How Atheist Should See religious people by tobechi20(m): 1:12am On Aug 01, 2020
LordReed:

What I think is we are all lame, atheists have only seen that you don't need the walking stick to cope. Besides atheist don't claim to have any healing powers.

Also if you are using a walking stick to hit someone then you've turned the walking stick into a weapon, should people be free to go around hitting others with weapons?

hitting others with weapon is a maladaptive coping mechanism..Like a mum.who uses broom.to flog his child for little offence after a heavy quarell with her husband.

The mind is bitter seeking for whom to offload its anger on. The unbelievers/ child is the victim while broom/ walking stick is the weapon.If we remove the weapon, they will use their mouth.

They should be taught non - violent ways of

(1) (Reply)

Trump Unbeatable In America Election..... Prophet I O Samuel Reveals Shocking R / MFM: Maureen Badejo's Lies Exposed During Live Show (video) / Breaking The "Just Laws" And Lawlessness In The Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.