Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

How Much Fun Can You Afford In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Much Fun Can You Afford In Nigeria (189 Views)

Just For Fun! Can You Allow Your Girlfriend To Use Your Toothbrush?. / Kohler: Can You Afford A Branded Generator? How Much Does It Cost? / Glo Free Data Day September 28, Too Much Fun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Much Fun Can You Afford In Nigeria by EmmanuelAC: 4:08am On Jul 31, 2020
How much fun can you afford in Nigeria...

You want some day off your work to cool off from the stress of the work. You may have actually wanted to pay a long time friend a surprise visit, catch up with some lost moments and take in some harmless gossip. You may have planned to shut the world out, lock the windows, bolt the doors and binge watch TV shows. Let the world burn. I gotta have this moment. Or you love nature and have recently travelled to Kaduna. Maybe you just decided to walk the streets of Sabon Gari in Southern Kaduna and let you breath the air, feel the dirt and watch the locals milk their cows.

But how much fun can you afford?

Can you afford to take a day off your work without having not to risk firing. Can you shut out the world and binge watch Netflix. Can you feel the red untarred street of southern Kaduna without having to take to your heels as some point.

How much fun can we Nigerians afford?

Just to site an article I read on BBC sometime November last year. India's data rate is about the cheapest in the world. It cost an ordinary India 0.1- 0.26 dollars for I gigabit. That's about 42-109.2 naira using the current conversation rate of #420 per dollar. Again let me site this example from BBC

"Ramnath Mandal, employed as a driver, pays less than $3 a month for unlimited free calls. With that he gets 42GB of 4G data, at 1.5GB a day." 1260 naira for one month unlimited call plus 42GB.

If you were an Indian, you probably would have to watch all your favorite series online without constantly being distracted by your conscience that your data is on the burn. Or get to call your crush, talk for God knows how long, without having to hear that annoying but sweet MTN agent of a woman warning you that your airtime is no more. You can't continue this fun man!! You can't afford!!

One interesting fact about this is that one of Indian's largest telecommunication company is Airtel. How come Airtel sells very low data rate in India whereas we don't get to see this here. There are many reasons why this might be the cause, but one obvious fact is that Nigeria state of affairs does not allow you for some fun.

And this fun we so much seek. We so much crave. Sad thing is that we can't afford the fun we seek which, if we persists having this fun, is always disastrous to our living. Yet we seek it first without seeking first those factors that would have made the 'fun" fun.

Do you really have to go to a viewing center to watch a match because you have no light? Do you have to miss the BBnija show because you have no light? Do you have to loose your job because you asked for a day vacation which you deserve.

I'm a crazy ManU fan. I love Paul Pogba. He flicks the ball really well. I love watching Wan bissaka frustrate Sterling. But I know to enjoy my fun, I must first ask and fight for my right to good living.

Join https:///Wetheyouths today!!!

Re: How Much Fun Can You Afford In Nigeria by Adullam888: 4:13am On Jul 31, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Belgian Woman Thought She Was A Chicken And Temporarily Behaved As One / Mobile Car Detailing Solutions / Oshiomhole's Last Ditch Effort To Truncate The Will Of Edo People Meets Resistan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.