Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% (12903 Views)

JUST IN: Bread Price Increase As Bakers Hint On Fresh Increase In Production Cos / Prices Of Bread, Paste May Crash As FG Releases Four New Varieties Of Wheat / Bread Price May Rise By 10% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by IgboSomalia: 11:40am On Jul 31, 2020
Simplyleo:
Clever farmers can just embark on wheat farming. A good cashout awaits them in the near future.

Pls this message is for farmers, not ipob lunatics screaming Buhari and Tinubu all the time.

Don't disturb yourself, where do you even want Ipob pigs to plant wheat? Is it in their muddy soil?

Those who would make money from farming wheat are already warming up. In fact, na maize dey hot now. Farmers have made billions from rice and chicken and even greater billions would be made. Let them keep crying, na their problem be that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Ihatemumu: 11:44am On Jul 31, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
If it increase by 100 plus percent Nigerians will accept whatever the price. If I call all Nigerians out for a revolution, they will say I am on my own. sad

The only time Nigerians will gather for anything is in Church or Party

1 Like

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by mkoabiola: 11:47am On Jul 31, 2020
Nothing is working in Nigeria .

We have a docile president.

One silly eidiot will come online and defend this daft president

1 Like

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by dalongjnr: 11:57am On Jul 31, 2020
I thought we have cassava bread?

1 Like

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by faithfull18(f): 12:07pm On Jul 31, 2020
Hmmn, the old man just came to enjoy his old age on Nigeria's money.

1 Like

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Eddygre8(m): 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2020
It's well
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by KingMicky3286: 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2020
And some people are in Edo dancing for APC and raising brooms.

I belong to nobody.

JidennaJason:
The ineptitude of and gross incompetence of General buhari is really causing hardship in this country...

This was the same dullard that was preaching diversification and hammering on boosting the agricultural sector when he was installed by some group of Efulefu's.

The President of the Wheat Growers Association, Salim Muhammad is just giving us silly excuses.

You all should start choosing your Chinese name now, because the dullard has succeeded.

1 Like

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 31, 2020
What happened to the hyped cassava bread advertised fees years ago? Dem don't see say gari no be wheat.
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by martineverest(m): 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2020
SarkinYarki:
People still eat bread ? Avoid that poison
bread,soft drinks,noodles and Nutella are poisons

1 Like

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2020
dalongjnr:
I thought we have cassava bread?

it was all thrash, it may interest you to know that the crooks who hyped that stuff don't even eat gari.
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by dalongjnr: 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
quentin06:

it was all thrash, it may interest you to know that the crooks who hyped that stuff don't even eat gari.
Thanks bro, I was trying to bring that issue to life.
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by BotherMleeper(m): 12:34pm On Jul 31, 2020
"Then let them eat cake"

-Marie Antoinette

(She never really said that, but whatevs)

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by prodigyy(m): 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2020
Na to kuku use moi moi replace bread grin

1 Like

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Angelfrost(m): 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2020
Buharinomics... As it was in the his military regime... Well, lemme keep observing Nigerians who thought they could change history by repeating history!!! grin
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by chizpim(m): 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2020
Bread will soon be sold a thousand naira.
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by freeman67: 12:46pm On Jul 31, 2020
Bread prices increased immediately after the lockdown was partially relaxed in Abuja so there has been intent to increase price

In Nigeria citizens have always look for ways to rip off their fellow citizens in any situation be it good or bad.

I remember vividly that farmers were the first to be considered in relaxing lockdown. It now means the consideration was of no effect.

They were considered for closing the border and Nigerian rice that was selling about N13,000 went straight to about N20,000.

Price of fuel was reduced from N145 to N123 during the lockdown but transport prices was increased. From Zuba to Area 1 was jacked up from N250-N500 even while flaunting the instructions of the number of people to carry.

1 Like

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by googi: 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
This wheat demand epitomize everything wrong with Nigeria.

The indigenous wheat growers are looking for buyers because the demand for WHITE bread or Agege bread in America has decreased. People there use all types of grains for bread and sell them locally at premium price.

But Africans blessed with maize, cassava, millet or corn insist on wheat they do not have in abundance.

If oyinbo dey do am, dey eat am, dey wear am, Africans must to be called "civilized".

We then blame our leaders. Na who dey encourage them and dey fight for dem?

Nd I Iberibe!

1 Like

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Jeffyblaq(m): 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2020
Simplyleo:
Clever farmers can just embark on wheat farming. A good cashout awaits them in the near future.

Pls this message is for farmers, not ipob lunatics screaming Buhari and Tinubu all the time.
You obviously a kid perhaps a dwarfed adult.

Cos certainly, you cannot grow up anymore.

But it's ok

1 Like

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by SarkinYarki: 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2020
martineverest:
bread,soft drinks,noodles and Nutella are poisons

Since I learnt this I haven't beeen sick againn
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by NwaScore442(m): 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2020
Soon.. Common man will not even see ordinary bread to take hold body again undecided
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Alwaysachick: 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2020
SarkinYarki:

Give us options especially for children who can't do without bread and tea.
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Foolishbuhari: 2:01pm On Jul 31, 2020
Briells:
Oh no! Not bread please ���. I'm tired of this next level o! God please come to our aid.

Listen guys, rather than leaving your funds sitting in the bank, with various deductions here and there, thereby depreciating the value of your cash, invest it in the company I work with and earn a minimum of 10% monthly.

This is no scam please, you can come for physical verification at our office in Lagos, contact me on 0 8 zero 6 two 5 1 one 6 1 0 for more details...

Dem go soon beat you then arrest you when the "company" carry people run! Better leave that ponzi scheme
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Foolishbuhari: 2:04pm On Jul 31, 2020
Simplyleo:

Perhaps You could also take some time off licking and kissing bu.tt and go farm wheat cool

1 Like

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2020
SarkinYarki:

While I don't think that bread is poison, I do think that the older one gets, the less bread he or she should eat.

Maybe if you are a child or adolescent, when one needs the energy, bread is ok, but once adulthood beckons, forget bread.

1 Like

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by 4four(m): 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2020
JidennaJason:
The ineptitude of and gross incompetence of General buhari is really causing hardship in this country...

This was the same dullard that was preaching diversification and hammering on boosting the agricultural sector when he was installed by some group of Efulefu's.

The President of the Wheat Growers Association, Salim Muhammad is just giving us silly excuses.

You all should start choosing your Chinese name now, because the dullard has succeeded.
. @ "you all should start choosing your Chinese name" lol cheesy grin una no go kill person here ooo, as in very soon Chinese will start claiming every part of Nigeria as we no go fit pay our dept, just can't stop laughing,
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2020
Alwaysachick:

Fruits and protein based foods with some vegetables are ok.

Though children in my opinion can eat bread(my opinion, as I ain't a nutritionist).

Still, bread was not our staple food even post independence.

1 Like

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by SarkinYarki: 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2020
Alwaysachick:

How do you know they can't do without bread and tea... remember you thought them how to eat that stuff.. Well the can learn to eat oats and Moi Moi

1 Like

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by SarkinYarki: 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2020
kikero:

While I don't think that bread is poison, I do think that the older one gets, the less bread he or she should eat.

Maybe if you are a child or adolescent, when one needs the energy, bread is ok, but once adulthood beckons, forget bread.

True once your reach 25 dump bread

1 Like

Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Onekind04(m): 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2020
No wonder
Re: Bread Price Increase Looms As Wheat Cost Rises 33% by Alwaysachick: 2:16pm On Jul 31, 2020
kikero:

Fruits and protein based foods with some vegetables are ok.

Though children in my opinion can eat bread(my opinion, as I ain't a nutritionist).

Still, bread was not our staple food even post independence.

You can't force kids to eat veggies and proteinous foods as a single or main dish, you can only include it in their meals.

You can't totally erase bread and tea from their meals or you watch them starve.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where to buy Pap mixed with ginger In Lagos Nigeria: 08092903328 / What Is The English Name Of This Fruit? / What Is Iru And What Is It Used For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.