Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,798 members, 7,806,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr (1269 Views)

The Day That Heaven, Earth, And Hell Stood Still / How God Created Light Before The Sun - jesusjnr / How Jesusjnr Emerged Victorious In Advocate666's Simple Challenge. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by BackllGodNaija: 10:50am On Jul 31, 2020
How "The Sun Stood Still" Without Moving: The Answer To An Atheist's Question

It seems some here are so desperately obsessed with finding faults at all cost even where there was none. Because after a straw which they clutched at, about "how God created light before the sun" got puncture beyond any reasonable doubt In a recent thread, one of them immediately popped up with another question on that same thread about how the sun stood still according to the Bible. Pretty much the same thing another did after I answered the same question on a different thread, to show that getting answers to what they call "intelligent questions" was not what they were after but just to use it to advance their anti-religious sentiments and hatred towards their maker.

So I wasn't surprised when the question come up because it was their usual way, however when I first saw that question on sunday morning, I actually had no clue or knew the answer to it. It was only after I began my prayer that same morning that God gradually began to reveal the answer to me, until it became distinctively clear to me how the sun could stand still without moving, which is what I'm intend to reveal on this thread.

Now the first thing God said to me was that "it's relative to man's view of the sun from his position on earth..." It took me quite a while to grasp what that meant but it began to make sense to me after I pondered upon it for a while.

I began to see how from man's perspective of the sun from his position on Earth, the sun moves even though it doesn't move relative to the earth position. And that's how the saying "the sun rises in the east and sets in the west" came about despite that the sun doesn't really move, because it wasn't made on the basis of the earth's position, but man's position on the earth.

So despite that the sun doesn't move in reality and it's the earth that actually moves and rotates around the sun, from man's perspective of the sun from where he is on earth, it's the sun that moves and rotates round the Earth.

That's the reason man would say the sun rises and sets despite not moving, and same reason man said "the sun stood still" in the bible despite not moving, because the bible was written by men, and the particular book in the bible where that instance was recorded was written by a man Joshua who gave an account from his own positional perspective on Earth of the sun not setting or going down for a whole day, which enabled them accomplish total defeat of their enemies who God had given into their hands.

Joshua 10:13
And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

Therefore anyone who says the statement made by man in the Bible that "the sun stood still", was ignorant because the sun doesn't move, is also calling himself ignorant for saying the sun rises and sets, because the sun doesn't move.

But if saying the sun rises and sets doesn't mean he's ignorant of the fact that the sun doesn't move, the same applies to the person in the Bible who said "the sun stood still" on a day the sun did not set.

"It's relative to man's view of the sun from his position on Earth"

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by kingxsamz(m): 11:25am On Jul 31, 2020
grin grin grin grin
The Bible says, "The Sun stood still" .
You are here saying it was written based on man's perspective. But guess what?
The Bible and all that is written in it was inspired by God himself. So how can man write it in his own perspective when it was God who revealed it to him? Shouldn't he be writing it in God's own perspective?
Abeg jor. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by kingxsamz(m): 11:30am On Jul 31, 2020
And even if God made it happen that daylight remained for a whole day, isn't the earth supposed to be what stopped, since the earth's rotation is what brings about day and night?
Shouldn't the bible have said "And the earth stopped"?
It only proves that the people who wrote the bible knew nothing about the earth and universe as a whole. The reason why it's dumb to follow the rules and laws of a 2000yr old book.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by BackllGodNaija: 4:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
kingxsamz:
grin grin grin grin
The Bible says, "The Sun stood still" .
You are here saying it was written based on man's perspective. But guess what?
The Bible and all that is written in it was inspired by God himself. So how can man write it in his own perspective when it was God who revealed it to him? Shouldn't he be writing it in God's own perspective?
Abeg jor. grin

So the Bible said "curse God and die" in the book of Job was inspired by God Himself? How about what Satan said in the Bible, was it also inspired by God?

4 Likes

Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by BackllGodNaija: 4:43pm On Jul 31, 2020
kingxsamz:
And even if God made it happen that daylight remained for a whole day, isn't the earth supposed to be what stopped, since the earth's rotation is what brings about day and night?
Shouldn't the bible have said "And the earth stopped"?
Exactly the point here, why are you accusing the Bible of what you're also guilty of??...

Shouldn't you also say the Earth is moving instead of the sun is rising and setting since you very well know the sun doesn't move and it's the Earth's rotation around the sun that brings about day and night?

Or are you saying you've never said sunrise and sunset before or maybe that the Bible should know better than you?

kingxsamz:

It only proves that the people who wrote the bible knew nothing about the earth and universe as a whole. The reason why it's dumb to follow the rules and laws of a 2000yr old book.

Same thing goes for you all saying the sun rises and sets...it's because you also know nothing about the Earth and universe as a whole, that's why it'd also be dumb to consider whatever you say in the 21st century. I mean y'all should know much better by now and not make the same supposed "dumb" mistake 2000 yrs later, right?

2 Likes

Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by kingxsamz(m): 10:35pm On Jul 31, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Exactly the point here, why are you accusing the Bible of what you're also guilty of??...

Shouldn't you also say the Earth is moving instead of the sun is rising and setting since you very well know the sun doesn't move and it's the Earth's rotation around the sun that brings about day and night?

Or are you saying you've never said sunrise and sunset before or maybe that the Bible should know better than you?

Same thing goes for you all saying the sun rises and sets...it's because you also know nothing about the Earth and universe as a whole, that's why it'd also be dumb to consider whatever you say in the 21st century. I mean y'all should know much better by now and not make the same supposed "dumb" mistake 2000 yrs later, right?

You know, I must admit, you made a very good point with that comparison.
Guess I didn't see that coming.
So yeah, you're right on this one.

3 Likes

Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by 0temSapien: 11:59pm On Jul 31, 2020
BackllGodNaija:

So the Bible said "curse God and die" in the book of Job was inspired by God Himself? How about what Satan said in the Bible, was it also inspired by God?
So what you are trying to say is that it is not your god that inspired Joshua to write the book of Joshua about the sun standing still abi? Chai. Shifting the goalpost always. shocked
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by ojaysam25(m): 12:06am On Aug 01, 2020
The sun stood simply means the sun didnt go down....i don't understand all this much emphasis on it...joshua was not a scientist to know the mystery of the planet, i guess we all understood what joshua was trying to tell us...sometimes too much of everything is bad...these athiest always think they are intelligent.

2 Likes

Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by BackllGodNaija: 10:41am On Aug 01, 2020
kingxsamz:

You know, I must admit, you made a very good point with that comparison.
Guess I didn't see that coming.
So yeah, you're right on this one.
Same here with the bolded fmas I admitted in the Op I didn't even have any idea what to answer to this question when you asked that morning...it was only after I started my prayers that morning that the answers began to come...that's usually the time I get a lot of answers to questions as such, revelations, ideas etc. so it was the norm for me. So it's not me oh but God who gave me this answer to your question.

By the way, kudos to you...you earn my respect for acknowledging this. Take care.

2 Likes

Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by BackllGodNaija: 10:46am On Aug 01, 2020
0temSapien:
So what you are trying to say is that it is not your god that inspired Joshua to write the book of Joshua about the sun standing still abi? Chai. Shifting the goalpost always. shocked
See this one...as if you didn't see your mate acknowledging that I had done justice to his question. Maybe you're proving that even among fools, there are those who know better than others...and that you're of the others not those who know better. Abeg shift your foolish goalpost go one side make I see road, jor.
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by jesusjnreloaded(m): 9:50am On Aug 10, 2020
No one would tell me anymore it's ignorant to tell the sun to stand still.
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by jesusjnreloaded(m): 7:21am On Aug 11, 2020
The sun stood still, just as the sun rises and sets!
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by Ehiscotch(m): 12:13pm On Aug 12, 2020
God inspired the writers; he didn't dictate what they wrote.

It's like in the book of Revelation and all other revelations to the prophets, they were written according to their respective interpretations and comprehension.

God doesn't suddenly or usually change your genetic make up because he wants you to use you. Moses was a stammerer yet God didn't change that even if he was going to speak for his people.

I could go on and on with examples. God is more interested in working in us and renewing our minds daily to achieve his will than an overnight "abracadabra".

2 Likes

Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by Acehart: 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2020
BackllGodNaija:

Or are you saying you've never said sunrise and sunset before
or maybe that the Bible should know better than you?

[color=#006600]

Nice response. g1-g5

1 Like

Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by BackllGodNaija: 9:41pm On Aug 12, 2020
Acehart:

Nice response. g1-g5
Na God oh, no be me. With Him all things are possible.

I can't comprehend what you mean by the bolded though. Thanks.
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by Acehart: 9:53pm On Aug 12, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Na God oh, no be me. With Him all things are possible.

I can't comprehend what you mean by the bolded though. Thanks.

Chess notation: Perhaps the Queen or the Rook moved from g1 to g5 - an attacking move.
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by BackllGodNaija: 8:19am On Aug 13, 2020
Acehart:

Chess notation: Perhaps the Queen or the Rook moved from g1 to g5 - an attacking move.
Lol! Okay. Thanks.
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:14am On Aug 14, 2020
I wouldn't be surprised if the sun stands still again in this generation.
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
Luke 8:10
And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:58am On Aug 29, 2020
Matthew 11:25
At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:13pm On Sep 18, 2020
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by Myer(m): 6:41am On Sep 24, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Same here with the bolded fmas I admitted in the Op I didn't even have any idea what to answer to this question when you asked that morning...it was only after I started my prayers that morning that the answers began to come...that's usually the time I get a lot of answers to questions as such, revelations, ideas etc. so it was the norm for me. So it's not me oh but God who gave me this answer to your question.

By the way, kudos to you...you earn my respect for acknowledging this. Take care.

God gave you the answer

Mind asking God for the cure for AIDS and Cancer or even Covid-19?
I think believers and unbelievers would appreciate that.

I'm just saying if you can truly hear God I would expect you to ask important questions not try to disprove an obvious faux pas in the bible.
Should be expecting the answer or God doesn't answer such important questions?
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2020
Beautiful God.
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:37pm On Oct 05, 2020
Wonderful.
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:36pm On Oct 06, 2020
Sun stand still!
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2020
It happened for real.
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:45pm On Oct 26, 2020
Just as the sun rises...
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:52pm On Nov 11, 2020
The sun shall stand still again.
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by DeusXmachina: 7:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
I wouldn't be surprised if the sun stands still again in this generation.
Hopefully it does and we see it with our own eyes.
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by Heathen777(m): 1:05am On Nov 12, 2020
DeusXmachina:

Hopefully it does and we see it with our own eyes.

Don't do drugs.
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by Heathen777(m): 1:08am On Nov 12, 2020
Or maybe the writers thought the earth was at the center, of the universe. Just as how other scriptural passages also described, and how the Christians accepted this view, till science showed them otherwise.
Re: How The Sun Stood Still Without Moving - jesusjnr by jesusjnr1: 12:02pm On Nov 12, 2020
Heathen777:
Or maybe the writers thought the earth was at the center, of the universe. Just as how other scriptural passages also described, and how the Christians accepted this view, till science showed them otherwise.
Maybe science also taught you that the earth was at the center of the universe that makes you believe the sun can rise and set despite that it doesn't move.

(1) (2) (Reply)

�HERBS AND SPIRITUALITY - Solutions To Life Issues / 100% Youtube Video Promotion $7 Per Thousand View / Can God Ever Make Mistakes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.