Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,499 members, 7,801,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Vehicle Falls Off Gwagwalada Bridge - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Vehicle Falls Off Gwagwalada Bridge (50042 Views)

LASTMA Vehicle Falls While Chasing A Car From Onipanu To Maryland, Lagos (Video) / Young Lady Survives Ghastly Accident As Vehicle Falls Off A Bridge. Photos / Vehicle Falls Into A Ditch On Lagos-Benin Road, All Passengers Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vehicle Falls Off Gwagwalada Bridge by FengChui(m): 12:14am On Aug 01, 2020
I was on a bike directly behind this tipper on my way to Kuje road along the bridge. It was moving at a very slow speed, maximum of 30km/h. My bike wanted to overtake but I cautioned the rider that we’re on a bridge and he should thread carefully.
Suddenly, the tipper swerved off the road and I thought the driver would just redirect the vehicle to the road. Sadly he didn’t. I watched the tipper hit the barricade and plunge into the river. I wish I had supernatural powers and could pull it back. But I no get. Next thing I heard was the thudding sound of the tipper at the base of the river. My bike man was confused and almost lost control. God saved us and he was able to drive us safely to the end of the bridge.
I saw four men exit the tipper as it was not submerged completely. The first two men were drifted away by the tide of the river but the last two were able to hold on to the vehicle and climb to the top of the tipper. The two drifting men were waving for help that never came. Nobody was able to swim to rescue them. In less than a minute, the two men gradually drowned in the river while waving for succor. It was heart wrenching to say the least. Everything happened in less than 100 seconds.
On my way back two hours later, I saw the tipper being towed out and asked of the two guys that were submerged, nobody saw them.
Saddest thing I’ve ever witnessed in years.
Re: Vehicle Falls Off Gwagwalada Bridge by FengChui(m): 12:23am On Aug 01, 2020
JoyJones2000:
ever since last Saturday rainfall which caused flooding around dat gwags and giri area, Gwagwalada has never been the same again, me sef I'm even afraid to board a vehicle to that place. may God protect us oo Amin!

My dear, we wey dey the Gwagwalada never die now. It was rumoured that every year, the river takes some lives. Much as I don’t want to subscribe to this superstition, it has proven true for the past fifteen years that I’ve been here.
Re: Vehicle Falls Off Gwagwalada Bridge by Gibssy(m): 12:23am On Aug 01, 2020
GAZZUZZ:
A vehicle just fell off the gwagwalada bridge.

It's well ohhh. Hope no one is injured?!
Re: Vehicle Falls Off Gwagwalada Bridge by Merrykid: 6:23am On Aug 01, 2020
No rail guard?
Re: Vehicle Falls Off Gwagwalada Bridge by Goldenboy01(m): 8:44am On Aug 01, 2020
incredible shocked

I will design a good 3D logo, flyers & video advert for ur business for just 1000naira .... DM me pls

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Outrageous Students Cars At The American University Of Dubai. / Cable Car Crashed On Mountain, Killed 14 In Italy (Photos) / Visa Free Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.