Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites (18355 Views)

Zenith Bank Naira Redesign Policy Questions & Answers. / Man Closes Company Account With GT Bank Over Innoson Saga(photo) / Innocent Chukwuma: "GT Bank Is Using EFCC To Intimidate, Fight Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by teewhydope(m): 9:54am On Aug 19, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Thanks, Sir.

So, all I need to do is visit a Wema bank and fill form for an Alat account?

Also, if I want to use it for international transactions, I'll have to put the Naira equivalent in the account abi?

Thanks again

download the app on playstore and register. easy that way instead of visiting any branch. that's how i did mine and you'll get a free card at your location after a week
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:56am On Aug 19, 2020
teewhydope:

download the app on playstore and register. easy that way instead of visiting any branch. that's how i did mine and you'll get a free card at your location after a week

For real? Does the card require any "special activation" to be used for international transactions?

Also, you said free card, someone else said it's 3k, please can you verify that?

Thanks
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by teewhydope(m): 11:04am On Aug 19, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

For real? Does the card require any "special activation" to be used for international transactions?

Also, you said free card, someone else said it's 3k, please can you verify that?

Thanks

you will take a selfie and upload your id to upgrade your account, will be verified after a day. the 3k is just for you to deposit inside the account, you can always withdraw it anytime and it's 2k not 3k. the card is free, got mine after a week
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:31am On Aug 19, 2020
teewhydope:

you will take a selfie and upload your id to upgrade your account, will be verified after a day. the 3k is just for you to deposit inside the account, you can always withdraw it anytime and it's 2k not 3k. the card is free, got mine after a week

Thanks, I've downloaded the app and done the necessary registrations. Trying to request for card now

I just hope it'll be possible to use it for international transactions
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by timitayo77: 2:32pm On Aug 19, 2020
udwise123:
And yes I applied for the card online via the app/web.its free for 1st application. But u need a minimum of 3k in ur account before you can apply.
You will then fill the delivery form .The card will be delivered to you @ ur location free.
God bless you for this timely info. I downloaded and installed the app and also now have my account number. Requested for ATM card, on the way in two business days they told me.
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by Venek520: 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2020
teewhydope:

please is it still working, I've been trying since last week but declined

@teewhydope
You mean the Alat card isn't working?
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 19, 2020
Please who has used this Alat card as of recent on international websites and what’s the exchange rate like?
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by timitayo77: 9:04am On Aug 20, 2020
udwise123:
And yes I applied for the card online via the app/web.its free for 1st application. But u need a minimum of 3k in ur account before you can apply.
You will then fill the delivery form .The card will be delivered to you @ ur location free.
How long did it take them to upgrade your account from basic to standard?
Cos I uploaded ID and other stuff yesterday. But I'm still seeing #30k daily spend limit when I logged in this morning.
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by udwise123: 9:29am On Aug 20, 2020
timitayo77:

Cos I uploaded ID and other stuff yesterday. But I'm still seeing #30k daily spend limit when I logged in this morning.
7 days
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by udwise123: 9:31am On Aug 20, 2020
teewhydope:

haven't made a internationaltransaction lately.
Only fund my 1xbet account on Sunday.
Expecting some fund during the week.
Will try .
I will give the group feedback
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by timitayo77: 10:26am On Aug 20, 2020
udwise123:
7 days
I guess I still have some more days to wait for upgrade. Thanks
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by timitayo77: 2:16pm On Aug 20, 2020
teewhydope:

Have you uploaded proof of ID on this account before this issue? Have you been issued your debit card?
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by teewhydope(m): 2:21pm On Aug 20, 2020
timitayo77:

Have you uploaded proof of ID on this account before this issue? Have you been issued your debit card?
I've done all these and i have the card
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by teewhydope(m): 3:29pm On Aug 20, 2020
Kelechi3084:
Please who has used this Alat card as of recent on international websites and what’s the exchange rate like?

according to the push notification i got from their app now. the monthly limit has been reduced to 500. but still, don't expect it to work for any crypto website
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:14am On Aug 21, 2020
teewhydope:

according to the push notification i got from their app now. the monthly limit has been reduced to 500. but still, don't expect it to work for any crypto website

What exactly is their problem with crypto websites? I hope it works o

UBA even sent a message about reducing their limit to $100 a month and made the message sound as if they are doing you a favour... Ontop their high exchange rate sef. Mtchew
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:15am On Aug 21, 2020
timitayo77:

Please, how do you see the daily spend limit? (because I can't find anything like that)

1 Like

Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by timitayo77: 9:38am On Aug 21, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, how do you see the daily spend limit? (because I can't find anything like that)
Click on Account from the app menu. Then click on set spending limit. You'll see the limit for your account.
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by timitayo77: 10:44am On Aug 21, 2020
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by timitayo77: 10:46am On Aug 21, 2020
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:58am On Aug 22, 2020
timitayo77:

Click on Account from the app menu. Then click on set spending limit. You'll see the limit for your account.

Thanks, I've seen it.
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:59am On Aug 22, 2020
teewhydope:

udwise123 said he used it on binance, so I don't think they are crypto-bias
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:07am On Aug 22, 2020
routik:

I contacted them after I read your comment and the attached screen shot is our conversation. All these is only pointing out that there is a new banking policy in place. Access Bank told me that their Naira Master/Visa Card is working but their new limit is now $1000 per month instead of $3000 and their exchange rate is $345 which is high comparing it to GT Bank & Zenith Bank exchange rate. Maybe before the end of this month, Nigerians will begin to understand & feel what is happening as regards to making payments on international websites with our debit cards.

Abeg, don't follow this o. Access bank dollar exchange rate is around #440, same with Union bank, Fidelity, Polaris. The only banks with cheap exchange rate are Ecobank, GTbank, Zenith bank and to an extent Stanbic bank (Haven't checked Wema)

As for their customer care, I'm sorry to say but most of them don't know the exchange rate, so they'll just tell you anything that comes to their mind. Access bank C.C even told me their euro exchange rate is #426 as at day before yesterday, which isn't true. So, be careful with them, bro

2 Likes

Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by Donsheddy: 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2020
please what's the current rate... WEMA bank charges for usd
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by teewhydope(m): 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2020
Donsheddy:
please what's the current rate... WEMA bank charges for usd
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by timitayo77: 5:42pm On Aug 25, 2020
teewhydope:
From the alat app?
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by teewhydope(m): 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2020
timitayo77:

From the alat app?
from my last transaction
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by timitayo77: 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
teewhydope:

from my last transaction
Was the transaction done using the alat app?
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by teewhydope(m): 6:03pm On Aug 25, 2020
timitayo77:

Was the transaction done using the alat app?
what are you saying? I'm talking about international transaction using my alat debit card
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by timitayo77: 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
teewhydope:

what are you saying? I'm talking about international transaction using my alat debit card
Then wema don mess up be that na. So only the 3 banks with better exchange rate we go dey manage for now with their nonsense monthly limit. Na wao
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by teewhydope(m): 6:34pm On Aug 25, 2020
timitayo77:

Then wema don mess up be that na. So only the 3 banks with better exchange rate we go dey manage for now with their nonsense monthly limit. Na wao

wema is useless tbh. btw 400-420 would have been better
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by timitayo77: 6:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
teewhydope:

wema is useless tbh. btw 400-420 would have been better
Person would have manage if it was like this sef.
Re: GT Bank Naira Master Card No Longer Works On International Trade Websites by timitayo77: 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
Systrom:
I can help you make payment to any supplier, trade website or shopping site, at 410 per dollar, so far they accept PayPal.

Advantages:
-Cheaper rate! Instead of going to local bureau dr change to buy dollar at 475 and load on your card, I offer a much more cheaper rate at 410

-No limits! All banks now have a monthly maximum limit / spend of $200 per month on all master cards / Visa cards, but my PayPal transactions is limitless! We can make payment at any amount even up to $2,500

-Safe transactions! We accept the use of known escrows on Nairaland who can serve as middle men in our deal, that is if you’re scared of sending naira to us first. We also accept face to face transactions in some cases when the amount involved is big!

Contact us today
Can you fund perfect money at this same rate?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Get 5 Extra Hours When You Signup On VA Patrick, Nigeria's #1 VA Agency / Is GTBank Forcing Customers To Open Current Accounts? / A Nairalander Proffers Solution To Epileptic Power & Unemployment As Seen On TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.