Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,390 members, 7,781,119 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:21 AM

Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo (19663 Views)

Senator Abbo Apologises, Begs For Forgiveness / Police IG Orders Arrest Of Senator Abbo, His Orderly Over Assault On Sales Girl / Ademola Adeleke 'Exam Malpractice' - Police Release 'Evidence' Against Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2020
Adamawa-North lawmaker, Senator Elisha Abbo, has won the case of assault instituted against him before a Magistrate Court in Zuba, Abuja by the Nigeria Police Force.

This is despite a viral video showing Abbo assaulting a woman, Osimibibra Warmate; and a televised press conference in which the lawmaker apologised to the victim.

According to a copy of the judgment obtained by The PUNCH, the Magistrate, Abdullahi Ilelah, who upheld a no-case submission filed by Abbo, said the police failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the lawmaker assaulted Warmate on May 11, 2019.

The case with suit number CR/010/2019 spanned from July 8, 2019, till June 18, 2020.

The two witnesses that testified against Abbo were Warmate – who was the nominal complainant – and a police officer, ASP Mary Daniel, who investigated the matter.

In her testimony, Warmate said she had gone to visit a friend, Kemi, at Pleasure Chest intimacy gadget Shop, Banex Plaza, Wuse 2, Abuja on May 11, 2019 when the lawmaker walked in with three women.

She said suddenly, one of the women that accompanied Abbo started vomiting and later fainted.

Warmate said when she left the shop, she received a frantic call from Kemi asking her to come to her aid as the lawmaker had accused her of putting something in the shop’s air conditioner system that caused one of his female companions to vomit and was threatening to get her arrested.

The victim said when she returned to the shop and was cleaning up the vomit, two men, one of whom was a policeman in uniform, barged into the shop.

She said Abbo told them to arrest Kemi for insulting him but Kemi began pleading and then picked up her phone to tell her father that she was being arrested.

Warmate added, “As one of the men moved to take the phone, I begged him and said it was her father that she was talking to. Then the defendant (Abbo) pounced on me, punched me on my face and in the eye. He slapped me several times and asked me why I interfered.

“He said he would make me a scapegoat for interfering and asked the two men to arrest me. The defendant (Abbo) pulled me by the hair and pushed me downstairs and to a car. I called my mother and I was being arrested.

“While in the car, the people on the premises told the defendant (Abbo) that he needed to report to the police on the premises before he could leave but the defendant (Abbo) refused and the security guards in the plaza had to lock the gate.”

Warmate said her mother was able to intervene and after much pleading, she was let go by Abbo.

The victim said she began to feel severe pains in her body due to the beating and she went to a private hospital, Mega Eyesight, and also reported the matter to the police.

Under cross-examination, Warmate admitted that she was not a nursing mother at the time of the incident as widely reported.

She also stated that she was not the one who recorded the video of the incident but obtained it from the owner of the shop where the incident occurred.

https://punchng.com/adult-toyshop-court-strikes-out-assault-suit-against-senator-abbo/

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 31, 2020
He was caught on tape assaulting the woman. This is why the country can never progress-no justice for the poor and less privileged.

Nigeria the only country in the world were you can be caught on tape assaulting a woman and collecting bribes like Kano state governor,Ganduje, and get away with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGdvOQsgpEA

134 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by inoki247: 5:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
Hmmm this country get as e be... So been caught on cam is not enough evidence.... So if e rape someone nd dem see am record na same thing dem go say

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by SmartProf(m): 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2020
But the court can't strike it out of the minds of Nigerians and those who saw the footage. To me the damage on his reputation has already been done, so its an inconsequential judgement.

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by Beremx(f): 5:31pm On Jul 31, 2020
The judge and senator Elisha are mad.

Next story abeg!!

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by dinoplus: 5:31pm On Jul 31, 2020
Whoever money and power makes free in Nigeria is free indeed. angry

Let me show you 5 ways you can add a few $$$ to your PayPal account. Join my WhatsApp group it's free. Check the link in my signature

4 Likes

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by ForeThinker: 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2020
They should as well STRIKE IN palliative Law to cover all Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by Alwaysachick: 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2020
Wonderful, a failed and hijacked judiciary means there is no justice for the common man.

26 Likes

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by lomprico(m): 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2020
shithole country!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by Alwaysachick: 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2020
inoki247:
Hmmm this country get as e be... So been caught on cam is not enough evidence.... So if e rape someone nd dem see am record na same thing dem go say

Exactly!!!

That is why we always shout it, rape is rape!!! No is no!!! No "sane" woman can wrongfully accuse man of rape, we are already too gender inferior and relegated to create scandals. If there was attempted rape the there was attempted rape. If there was rape, there was rape.

https://www.festivemedia.net/post/rape-compliant-part-2-consent-in-the-midst-of-nature-and-nurture

4 Likes

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by mayormick(m): 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2020
Mtcheew.........not surprise

2 Likes

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by ednut1(m): 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2020
Future governor lol. Even with his HIV status he still dey carry as much as 3 girls. Ayele

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by Ogaga87(m): 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2020
Not surprised in a country that dead before it was created

2 Likes

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by Angelfrost(m): 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dead judiciary in a dying nation!!!... Tueh!!!

10 Likes

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by potent5(m): 5:35pm On Jul 31, 2020
The law in action.

grin

7 Likes

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by Yankee101: 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2020
So even video evidence still no do? It wasn't me!

Oh, naija!

6 Likes

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2020
Was it not last year ganduje dollar bribery video trended.
Despite the fact that our law makers will steal billions, assault innocent Nigerians, the judiciary which is supposed to be the last hope of the oppressed have now taken sides with them.
That implies that even if our lawmakers actively participated in a rape video, murder video or whatever video incriminating them of criminal activity, our Judiciary will still come and rescue them and the judge will be promoted. A violent protest is welcome against this judgement because this terrible.

9 Likes

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by BigBashiru: 5:38pm On Jul 31, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
He was caught on tape assaulting the woman. This is why the country can never progress-no justice for the poor and less privileged.

Nigeria the only country in the world were you can be caught on tape assaulting a woman and collecting bribes like Kano state governor,Ganduje, and get away with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGdvOQsgpEA

The black race seems spiritually cursed. The white man shouldn't have left but thank goodness the Chinese are here. Some hope Nigeria should become a Protectorate of China or Americas 53rd State.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by jerecrown(m): 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2020
I weep for Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by Godformeeeeeee: 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2020
Senator, u have lost woefully in d court of public opinion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2020
Shithole

1 Like

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2020
These are the animals we share country with.

1 Like

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by BigBashiru: 5:40pm On Jul 31, 2020
SmartProf:
[b]But the court can't strike it out of the minds of Nigerians and those who saw the footage. [/b]To me the damage on his reputation has already been done, so its an inconsequential judgement.

I like the bolded.

2 Likes

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by Omoejigbahe(m): 5:41pm On Jul 31, 2020
With the video, yet no evidence, our judges are just useless

8 Likes

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by Femeto: 5:42pm On Jul 31, 2020
Some one that sits confidently in the senate what were you expecting?

6 Likes

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by winkmart: 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2020
This country nawa

3 Likes

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2020
lol, Nigeria as ever going backward!

4 Likes

Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by Mo3891: 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2020
Very slow judicial system
Re: Court Strikes Out Assault Suit Against Senator Abbo by Incandescent(m): 5:44pm On Jul 31, 2020
The judiciary system in Nigeria is as good as dead embarassed

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: President Buhari In Close Door Meeting With Ben Ayade (Photos) / Multiple Bomb Blast In Sokoto / Patience Jonathan Hurriedly Flown To Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.