Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,209 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. (84607 Views)

She Made Him Wait For 4 Years For Sex, But Slept With A New Guy In A Week! / How Can I Ask My Girlfriend To Leave My House After 3 Months? / Joro Olumofin: Things Ladies Shouldn’t Do, When They Meet A New Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by davibid: 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2020
Favour2323:
Nairalanders, I'm about to do something my conscience doesn't agree with but it feels like the right decision to make. I have a boyfriend. We've been dating for the past 6 months. I love him. We were good friends before we started dating. I'm someone who doesn't trust easily and I like to assess a guy for a while before dating him. I assessed his intentions and I realised he didn't just want to have sex with me and leave. He loved me just as I loved him.

Three months ago I met this guy. At first I just saw him as a friend, but as I got to know him I started noticing the good qualities he possessed. He's very attractive, very intelligent and wellspoken. My conversations with him were so immersive. The little time I spent with him always left a profound impression on me. Soon I noticed I had started developing feelings for him. I was still in love with my boyfriend nevertheless.

One day the new guy asked me if I had a boyfriend. I told him I did. The next day he called me and said that he didn't want to interfere with my relationship. He said he had feelings for me and he couldn't remain friends with me when he knows I have a boyfriend. I told him that I had feelings for him as well and that we could still remain friends but he refused and suggested that we stopped talking. He hasn't called or texted me since that day.

This situation has left me in an emotional turmoil. This new guy represents everything I want in a guy and as much as I don't want to admit it, he possesses better qualities than my boyfriend. I can't imagine a life where I can't talk to him anymore. I really like him. His decision has left me in a dicey position. It's unfair to leave my boyfriend who has always been nice to me for someone else, but the new guy doesn't want to have anything to do with me again as long as I'm in a relationship.

Please I need advice. I don't want to make the wrong decision.

The truth is you really don’t love your bf and you’re only deceiving yourself and you better leave the poor boy alone before you start hurting his feelings.

But remember my people say “A BIRD IN HAND IS BETTER THAN 100 BIRDS IN THE AIR”. a word is a enough for the wise.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by dnawah(m): 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2020
Favour2323:
Nairalanders, I'm about to do something my conscience doesn't agree with but it feels like the right decision to make. I have a boyfriend. We've been dating for the past 6 months. I love him. We were good friends before we started dating. I'm someone who doesn't trust easily and I like to assess a guy for a while before dating him. I assessed his intentions and I realised he didn't just want to have sex with me and leave. He loved me just as I loved him.

Three months ago I met this guy. At first I just saw him as a friend, but as I got to know him I started noticing the good qualities he possessed. He's very attractive, very intelligent and wellspoken. My conversations with him were so immersive. The little time I spent with him always left a profound impression on me. Soon I noticed I had started developing feelings for him. I was still in love with my boyfriend nevertheless.

One day the new guy asked me if I had a boyfriend. I told him I did. The next day he called me and said that he didn't want to interfere with my relationship. He said he had feelings for me and he couldn't remain friends with me when he knows I have a boyfriend. I told him that I had feelings for him as well and that we could still remain friends but he refused and suggested that we stopped talking. He hasn't called or texted me since that day.

This situation has left me in an emotional turmoil. This new guy represents everything I want in a guy and as much as I don't want to admit it, he possesses better qualities than my boyfriend. I can't imagine a life where I can't talk to him anymore. I really like him. His decision has left me in a dicey position. It's unfair to leave my boyfriend who has always been nice to me for someone else, but the new guy doesn't want to have anything to do with me again as long as I'm in a relationship.

humm
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2020
Abi hoo... They did that just it tarnish the females' image angry
merieam16:
Fake story. i kno is a guy under dat moniker

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Poseidon000: 10:21pm On Jul 31, 2020
Beverlyjean:
Why do some of we women do this?? If he does same to u , u will say men are scum...and that men are cheats
That's how women make beast of men. Every badass player was once a naive innocent dude who loved a woman wholeheartedly like the Op's boyfriend.

When they have their heart shattered like the dude is about to experience, they turn to devil's advocate(I mean it in the literal sense).grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Holaomoakin(m): 10:22pm On Jul 31, 2020
OP, you're most funny. Why? do you mean that your so-called boyfriend didn't impress you when you started out! What the new guy did is only called PACKAGING, poor guy had moved on with his palaver!
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 31, 2020
Godsonjolly:
Rubbish. That's why most guys end up hating women. See as you wanna substitute the 6months guy for another one. Well, it's your choice jare
lol, the new guy with money,, hmmm modern ladies.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Elsiedaniels(f): 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2020
Here
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by vasco01(m): 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2020
By your statement eeehhh you go wowo give him your kpekus just to please and keep him

But I bet you by the time he is done with you eehh your eyes go clear

But i dey pity your boyfriend by the time this your so called crush don chop you finish you will still go back to your real G to beg him to accept you
And him because of the true love he has for you he will foolishly accept you back like okirikka pant

Chai men don suffer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Reex12(m): 10:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
HOE ... A large
percentage of Hoes are and can never be
truly loyal,I've said it severally Just swim your swim and go your way na the girl toto go suffer till clocks 35 then she go wise up and end up clinging on to a simp for marriage , I just wish ur bf takes the redpill

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by odogwu9(m): 10:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
Favour2323:

It will end in tears for you...You are very unstable and disloyal. These bitch aint Loyal

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by jaxxy(m): 10:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
Favour2323:

That’s not how it’s done and ur conscience is already judging u. What do u mean by u can’t see urself ever not talking to the guy again??

Even if U want to be with this guy u need to get a grip on urself cos u are obviously in the infatuation stage.

Give Urself time and give that guy time to get over his own infatuation then u will both think rationally and see if opportunity to be with each other will Present itself in a better way without much judgement.

U must also remember u will always meet sm1 better than ur partner in sm ways so make sure Ure not making a hasty move.

U are not married so I’m not saying U can’t be with this guy, he cud be the ONE bt do it the right way and with sm good sense so the other guy will also value u. If at all u consider that.

Cheers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Mcslize: 10:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
gaius01:

well I understand your point let's talk this talk out of the basket. like you said no signs of abuse neither unfaithfulness. Do you know a girl could break up with you because of lack care, incompatibility, too boring and lots more. from what I can deduce her boyfriend ain't giving her the vibes the other was giving her can you imagine the qualities she listed. dam look at it again, and Las Las her boo is not cheating neither does he abuse her. when I was dating I never allow my chatting vibes to be low, I read alot of wide range so that when we start chatting men she won't have time texting those boys because I know if I don't occupy her with vibes others will

one problem with we Nigerians is that when our Bea is cheating, look at your self, take a deep scan through, ask your self, What makes that guy different from me not getting angry or shouting at her every body want a lively boo no one boring, faithful dude. learn new ways to be Romantic, learn her phycology so that you can inflict it for your sef. if she love your vibes trust me she woñt look out albeit you been faithful.

If a woman cheats it is your fault oh yes it is your fault. Do me a favor by watching this video.

There are some types if men mentioned in the video who think when their women cheat, it is their fault. And you seems to be one of those men who will never dump their cheating wives because they think they are not doing more that is expected of them by their cheating wives/girlfriends.

When a woman cheats on you, don't be foolish to believe that it's all your fault. No sane man will put up with a cheating spouse. She will simply not respect you.

Watch how Coach Red Pill classified such men who think when their partners cheat, it is their fault.

If a woman cheats on youbkindly watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Rjlr1RCqM

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Khomed: 10:26pm On Jul 31, 2020
Sister @Op.

Some days I wonder what ladies do with there head... OK so if you see another man that has better qualities than the new catch you would change your mind again.... Yoruba's have a name for your type its alainitelorun,okanjuwa,olojukokoro(if you dont understand look for translator).

The both of them you do not deserve them I swear, what gives you the assurance that the new guy would want to keep you when he knows you left a relationship to jump on this one... Build what you have and if you can't, if you wise enough to abandon your bird in hand for a demon you just met then my word can't be enough for your wise.

Dont stress yaself because if you leave the bird for the demon sister that relationship already has a faulty foundation and you know the remaining story... You saw something that endeared you to the first rekindle it and atop looking for who or what didn't lost and if you can't leave the brother and go you go get sense.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by simeko(m): 10:26pm On Jul 31, 2020
[quote author=donstan18 post=92307481]If you are a Guy reading this, please pay attention.

You see this?

You see this?

And this?

And this too....

You see those 4 parts I highlighted? They should be the reason why you should never expect much from GIRLFRIENDS, they are just hoes parading as Girlfriends.

The earlier you understand this the better for you. Thanks!!

[ ]
Wisdom too much for your head, as she get mind read this rubbish
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 31, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Abi hoo... They did that just it tarnish the females' image angry
Image grin
You can only speak for yourself!!

There are worse females out there and vice versa!!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Karlifate: 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2020
That's called self-respect.

A guy with healthy self-esteem will not play second fiddle to any girl.
bomsilaga:

Besides, I have this feeling the new guy wanted to just fire you and leave because if he really was into you, he would have stayed so he left so that you wouldn't solely rely on his relationship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by AustineJohn908(m): 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2020
Please leave your boyfriend. cause if you do love your boyfriend, you won't have fallen in love with another.
There is a saying if you love two people, choose the second cause if you truly love the first, you won't have fallen for the second".

Good luck on your new relationship.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by valnd: 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2020
And for your mind, if you leave the first and move on with the second, the second will take you serious? For the second mind, he knows if you see someone who is better, you will jump ship. So the second ain't gonna take you serious.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by dnawah(m): 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2020
Favour2323:

wat if u see another better than the new one? everythings that glitters are not gold.wake up.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Okiajnr(m): 10:28pm On Jul 31, 2020
This here is one of the reasons why i have remained single for the past five years. No time to waste on emotional unstable Nigerian girl who don't know what real love is. You can't love someone and claim to have feelings for another, a clear indication you never loved the your boyfriend at first.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 31, 2020
hurry up then and fu ck off! angry

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by ginggerxy: 10:28pm On Jul 31, 2020
Favour2323:

it's just a mind game from the new guy . Trust me he is a good player and you won't see his moves till it's a checkmate . Just stick with what you have if you don't want to regret at the end . And the reason why you think you can't do without him is the reason he doesn't want to talk with you . It's all a game plan

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by ChiefS(m): 10:28pm On Jul 31, 2020
1. Does your Boyfriend have major character flaws that could affect your marriage in future?

2. If he has proposed marriage to you have you done a background check to be sure he is the right person for you?

3. How old are you and how soon do you think your present relationship will lead to marriage?

4. The truth about marriage is that you will always meet someone better than your spouse after you get married. It takes discipline, maturity and love to remain faithful to your spouse after marriage.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Thastie(f): 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2020
I have this policy. When I'm dating you, I face you alone. I hate distraction. I don't go on dates with random guys or encourage their friendship cos I do not want to compare.
I know it's not very smart of me, because when that relationship fails, I will have to start all over again.

OP, you've made your choice already. You only need validation from us. If you don't sleep with this new guy, you won't rest. Please, break up with your Bf, let him find someone who truly loves him.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by zabuur: 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2020
Don't worry, go for the presumed 2nd guy, I'm sure the one u are dating isn't ur first as well, he also had better qualities than those b4 him.

I pray u never run out of guys with better qualities so u won't remain single.

Date d new guy till u find another one with better qualities.

In short, you lack any quality

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by mechanics(m): 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2020
Hmmmmm, if another guy who has a better quality than this new guy comes around, you will still dump him and go for the new guy, don't be attracted by mere physical qualities, you need to check his spiritual life.
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Kylekent59: 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2020
The Op doesn't know what she wants. I believe the next guy that would toast you would be better than this current on... It continues like this till you contract disease.
Stick to one person and change him to whoever you want him to be to you.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by gift2xl: 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2020
This is y I hate been faithful, I treat them like
nija NEPA light.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by odogwu9(m): 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2020
FluxEmpire:
I'd put things clear as apt as it is... If you say you love the second guy, then you never loved the first... You can't love two people at the same time; it's impossible.

If you wanna go for the second guy, then do so and stop using the first as leverage or collateral to keep whenever the new guy is unavailable.

Furthermore, you'd be doing more good than harm in leaving your first boyfriend because as it is, you clearly don't love him because love goes beyond what you just see physically. It's accepting one's shit and excesses and loving them for who they are.

Give your first boyfriend the respect he deserves by leaving him and stop loving him out of pity. You're only making him a lovelorn. If you actually knew that the new guy had all you needed in a man, courtesy states that you remain single till you get to meet such guy even if it takes 100 years but outta being lonely, you opted to date your first and now the man of your dreams appeared, the first seems to fade in your eyes...

YOU CLEARLY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT

Give the first boyfriend the honor he deserves and let a woman who is worthy of him be with him. You can't eat your cake and have it. Next time, carry a TO-DO-LIST about your expectations with you henceforth because it seems if another guy should sweep you outta your feet better than the second, you might as well put the second in the corners.

I might have been rude but pardon my unfriendliness; the TRUTH hurts.

She doesn't know what she wants at all..she is a sucker for love.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by simeko(m): 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2020
Rubbish, very soon u will see other better guy after to move to this new guys, women, u thi K say ur mother no see better men after e meet ur dad.

Grow up
Re: I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. by Karlifate: 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2020
ValeeLove:
What if you accept the new guy and you see another guy with a better better quality than him?
She will 'decamp' like Yakubu Dogara. cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Romancelanders Voicenote Thread...... / Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python / Ladies, Before You Hand Over Your Breast To Any Man.. Do This! (see Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.