Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,012 members, 7,799,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Before The Dawn. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Before The Dawn. (855 Views)

Unexpected Joy At Dawn (2018 Edition) By Alex Agyei Pdf Copy Needed / A Carnage Before Dawn: A Historical Novel On Nigeria's First Coup D'etat / 2019: The Dawn Of A New Era (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before The Dawn. by Kitme(f): 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2020
It's always darkest before the dawn, right?
Sit back and let's take a ride!!!
Keep it locked...
Re: Before The Dawn. by Kitme(f): 10:40am On Mar 19, 2021
All rights reserved. No part of this book should be used without the prior written permission of the copyright owner.

~~~
EPISODE ONE.

"If there's anyone who's against the holy solemnization of these two, Adetoun Akerele and Olajide Akinyemi in the holy matrimony, he or she should say it now or forever remain quiet" The priest said firmly. There was no response.

"I repeat, if there's anyone..." His voice trailed off when he saw the bridesmaid's hands raised up across the congregation.

Confusion slashed through Adetoun's body as she stared at her best friend and wondered greatly what stunt she is about pulling. Vivian was known to be a troublemaker and she was never going to forgive her if she mistakenly ruin her biggest day right under her nose.

Jide turned back and looked at Vive pleadingly, his expression was clear enough, he had the look of a little boy caught stealing meat in the pot and was pleading for mercy. He wished he could turn back the hands of time, but he couldn't. He was a changed person now, but his past wouldn't stop hunting him. He doesn't need to wander far to remember his past, a gaze cast at Vivian was enough to flood his memory with his ugly past.

If only...,he thought.

"Yes! What are your reasons?" The priest managed to ask after recovering from the shock that overpowered and knock him off his feets. In his entire priestly service, he had never witnessed such. The question had often time turned out to be a mere formality and routine because no sane human would desire to ruin someone else's biggest day but here he was.

Vive was scared that very minute, her heart thumping greatly. She saw the pleading look on Jide's face and the confusion that etched on her friend's forehead. She was fully aware of how much power she held that very minute, she could whose to make or destroy the wedding. Holding the keys to such great occasion was too much for her to bear. Disrupting the wedding and marching on her friend's happiness was never her original motive, she just wanted her friend to know Jide wasn't what he claimed to be. He is evil and desperate.

Silence enveloped the church auditorium, save for the 'tick tick' sound of the wall clock that hanged graciously on the wall. Tension gripped the congregation, fear and sadness pounding through them. One would have thought the occasion was a burial ceremony but it wasn't.

"It was nothing" She muttered, barely audible.

"What do you mean?" The priest questioned, he was getting confused.

"I was trying to ease the tension in my shoulder joint" Vive said quickly, trying desperately to hold onto her composure.
She silently prayed for the priest to let it slide because she knew all would be over should he probe her further. She was a terrible liar, she knew.

Jide grinned at her out of relief, while Adetoun let out a deep breath. Many people who held their breaths expelled it willingly.

"Are you sure? You have the opportunity of stating your reasons now or it remains with you forever?" The priest asked, wanting to be sure.

"Yes!" The single word was clipped, curt.

Except the underlying anger which she did a terrible job hiding. Normalcy returned to the auditorium and the priest continued.
After the exchange of marital vows, he faced the congregation and declared, "By the power bestowed on me, I hereby present to you, Mr and Mrs Akinyemi, as the newest couple in town"

There was loud cheering in the air and thunderous claps washed through the auditorium, but despite all that, there was someone who stood rigid, with a sour expression on her face. It was Vivian. Jide knew that minute that trouble was looming in the air.

To be continued...
Re: Before The Dawn. by Kitme(f): 11:38am On Mar 20, 2021
The reception went well too, the couple danced and fed each other. Vivian was the appropriate person to give a brief speech about the couple but she tactfully avoided it. She just couldn't mount the podium and start narrating how wonderful their relationship had been right from the university days. She knew the Freudian slip would come to play and she never wanted anything to destroy Toun's special day.

As guests began to take their leave,Adetoun trotted to the car that was to convey them to the hotel they had secured. Jide would meet her anytime soon. She sat down quietly reminiscing how amazing the day had went when she saw her mummy through the windshield, approaching her. She opened the door and came outside the car. With sheer excitement, she ran into the willing hands of her mummy and hugged the life out of her.

Releasing her, "I'm proud of you, honey!" Her mummy said happily.

"Thanks...Where is Dad?"

"I don't know, probably still taking some pictures, you know he's fond of taking photographs" Her mummy giggled.

"Yeah, I know." She paused. "Mom...I'm just..."

"Nervous? Scared? Anxious? You should be, it's normal for every bride to be scared of the first night with her husband..." Her mummy let that sink. "Which is why I brought this to make it easy" She dipped her hand in her bag and brought out a bottle of olive oil and handed it over to Adetoun, who stared at it with slight distaste.

Surprise washed through her. "Olive oil?" She questioned.

"Yes oh, my daughter. It makes it easier and less painful to penetrate"

Adetoun stifled a laugh. "What is penetrating?" She wondered and dropped the oil in the car. "Thanks anyway!"

"You're welcome and just so you know, I have your best interests at heart and I'm always watching out for you"

"I know, Mum!"

"That reminds me, your bridesmaid was not too happy with you. Did you offend her? It was glaring enough, I mean why would she raise her hand in the middle of ...

Adetoun cut in. "Mom, you're too pessimistic! She said she wanted to release the tension in her shoulder joint and that's fine. It was a mere coincidence that can happen to anyone. You are aware of how playful Vivian can be or have you forgotten she was the only girl...

"That swims nakedly for hours. Typical fearless Vivian"

"Mum, you know her well, she loves being controversial. That's her style."

"But she shouldn't joke with something as important as your wedding"

Jide sauntered towards them and the mum-daughter talk was ended abruptly, while Adetoun entered the car with her husband while her mummy went back to the church auditorium in search of her husband. The car nosed its way towards the direction of the hotel that was reserved for them.

To be continued...
Re: Before The Dawn. by Gheeohh: 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2021
Nice
Re: Before The Dawn. by Kitme(f): 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2021
Gheeohh:
Nice
Thanks.
Re: Before The Dawn. by Kitme(f): 3:37pm On Dec 28, 2021
How many minutes he had been in the bathroom, doing only-God-knows-what! She wouldn't know. She hated guys who took time in the bathroom, even as a lady she barely spend up to fifteen minutes. She sat down impatiently on the edge of the bed.

She was struck with this!

The door creaked open as the most georgous guy she had ever seen stepped out of the bathroom with a blue towel tied around his waist. No camera could have captured the look on her face. She had never appreciated the term 'six pack' before then, but it was going to take a while before she would forget the picture.

Desire slammed through her. Hot. Hard and intense. The anger she had had before slipped away in a blink of an eye.
Jide was obviously a ladies' guy, and he had always had problems with ladies. The slight browness of his eyes, the clean-shaven face, the pointed nose that looked as if it had been crafted by a sculptures, the athletic physique that brought out his glory, all these had made ladies hovered over him like flies. Some literally chased after him beyond the point of ridiculousness while some threw themselves at his feet, wishing he would wife them, but he had other options.

"If you keep staring like that, I might have to hide under the duvet throughout the night" He giggled.

"And if you keep looking sexy, I might have to close my eyes forever" She replied with a wink. "You took all the time in the bathroom... I hate it"

"Sorry! It wasn't intentional"

There was a peaceful silence in the room. Adetoun shifted her gaze from him and took in the peculiarities of the room. She loved the fact that the room was painted in pink. According to Vivian, Pink was the only colour for a bride, others were substandard. Crazy Vivian, she thought.

The thought of Vivian brought what her mummy had said to her remberance. "So, mum said Vive wasn't happy with our wedding and I shrugged it off. I know I shouldn't be bothered about it though, it's nothing right?"

Sadness and regret pounded through him. He wondered how she would react if she was aware of the truth.

"Why ruin a perfect night with gossip?" He stepped forward towards her and nudged her neck.

"Why do I get this feeling that you're bribing me, you don't want to talk about it?"
"Ditto! I'm not bribing you. I just don't want you to bother yourself with hearsays and it's our first night together...so?"

"I'm just..." Jide stopped her with a kiss. He had waited so long for his wedding night with Adetoun. He took the kiss up a notch by going deep, his tongue fully encamped in her mouth while her breath was getting heavier. The towel she wrapped around herself was knotted tightly beneath her armpit region. She couldn't bear the excitement that rocked her body while still sitting, she collapsed on the smoothly-laid bed that was devoid of wrinkles due to the tingly sensation she felt. Her sleeping position coupled with Jide's weight loosened her towel.

"Very nice" Jide muttered with a nod of approval as he stared at her naked body.

The actions that accompanied that phrase had her head spinning as bolts of pleasure attacked her from various angles. She did her part in ensuring a mutually blissful experience. Adetoun squirmed with unending pleasure that nearly blinded her.

When their breaths became normalised, she stared at the bedspread and how colourful it had become in the process of their love-making and she smiled. She had just been deflowered by her husband. It was a memorable night for her.
Re: Before The Dawn. by Kitme(f): 6:42pm On Jun 04, 2022
I'm so sorry guys for the long break but I'm back now and I will make sure i keep this story updated.

(1) (Reply)

Job For Article Writers / Join Ona To Join Us For The 2007 Ona Conference In Toronto, Canada / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.