Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. (50225 Views)

Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / Akwa Ibom Lady Frying Garri & Everyone Is Calling Her Wife Material (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Nuel19: 5:58pm On Aug 01, 2020
hashtagged:
Thats what women are meant to be, so if women arent slaves, men shouldnt be breadwinners, you put it like women doing house work is slavery, the men doing the breadwinning what is that called?

In a home

A womans job: cooking, caring for kids, child bearing, maintaning the home

A mans job: breadwinning, making money and provision for the family.

Isnt it balanced, OP you are just a simp, ass licking women wont get you anywhere, so you want men to make money and care for the home as women sit down and watch you(their slave) do everything up to washing their undies. Nonsense

Heeeheee......

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by chukswag(m): 5:58pm On Aug 01, 2020
come and tell that to northeners, they would say gbura oba Dan isca ubanka!!
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Zane2point4(m): 5:59pm On Aug 01, 2020
hashtagged:
Thats what women are meant to be, so if women arent slaves, men shouldnt be breadwinners, you put it like women doing house work is slavery, the men doing the breadwinning what is that called?

In a home

Isnt it balanced, OP you are just a simp, ass licking women wont get you anywhere, so you want men to make money and care for the home as women sit down and watch you(their slave) do everything up to washing their undies. Nonsense
E never finish sef, last i rememberd men do doemstic work too, during monthly clean up na men the come out drian gutters, cut heavy grasses and all that.
Forget these simps trying to offset how nature made things be,
Any woman that have issues cleaning and cook is already a lazy wife, our mothers did all these without loosing a hair, whats the noise about pls.

8 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by LordIsaac(m): 5:59pm On Aug 01, 2020
Someone needs to read "The Manipulated Man" by Esther Vilar. This one has been psyched!

3 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by FlordFlorez(m): 6:00pm On Aug 01, 2020
Food don land for feminists dem grin grin

1 Like

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by AFONAMARO: 6:00pm On Aug 01, 2020
Toks2008:
The idea of a wife material by many men is not different from the idea of having a slave in the house... Men want a woman who will be able to wake up as early as possible when others are still asleep, do the house chores and tend to the needs of the kids, the husband and after serving her household, she will go out to make ends meet and latter come back home to make sure her kids and husband are well taken care of and this includes cooking, washing their clothes and lots more... Men want a Nanny, A cook, A laundry lady, house cleaner, An errand lady, Sex provider and many more in one lady who is considered a weaker sex and as if this is not stressful enough, most men would rather boast about the ability of their lady in washing hard fabrics with bare hands, they will talk about how they so much love a lady because she can pound yam the natural way and will be proud to talk about how good their lady is in using archaic methods to prepare their meals... And the worst twist is that even if the lady is pregnant, they will still watch her do these tasks.

So I ask: is there anything different between a wife material and a slave? Will heaven fall if the man assists his wife in the home front?

Does common sense not tell the man that he needs to make life easier for his wife by getting a washing machine, a vacuum cleaner, and several other home/cooking appliances that will make life easier for her. Must a lady even know how to cook before you tag her wife material? What if she just can't cook or is the ability to cook part of success in life?

Please don't get it twisted, I'm not here to advise ladies to be redundant in their homes. Every married lady must be a home keeper, ensuring that her kids and husband are her priority...but nevertheless, in my opinion, a wife material means a gentle, submissive wife who will love you for who you are, tolerate your weaknesses, a Wife Material is a woman who is about her business, can hold her own in a conversation, is generous and can handle money well. A woman who will put your needs first and values her marriage so much that she won't defile it by being unfaithful... And just as the book of proverbs 31 says,...'' a virtuous woman is one who leads her home with integrity, discipline, and more and all the virtues she is practicing are aimed at making the life of her husband better, teaching her children, and serving God'' this is never the same as having a slave in the house in the name of wife material.

My prayer for every man reading this is that God provides for you so that you will make life easier for your woman so that you can look beyond that slave-like quality that many men use to qualify a wife material.

I hope this makes sense.

You ruined your piece when you started using "men". Quit hasty generalization when passing your point. We have "some men" who are passionate and committed in their families.

For marriage to work, there must be an atom of love, and love is sacrifice.
Any marriage without sacrifice is THEFT.

Marriage is not a military barrack where they maintain the last order, but an institution laced with tolerance, affection and mutual respect from both parties

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by bettermike: 6:00pm On Aug 01, 2020
Toks2008:
The idea of a wife material by many men is not different from the idea of having a slave in the house... Men want a woman who will be able to wake up as early as possible when others are still asleep, do the house chores and tend to the needs of the kids, the husband and after serving her household, she will go out to make ends meet and latter come back home to make sure her kids and husband are well taken care of and this includes cooking, washing their clothes and lots more... Men want a Nanny, A cook, A laundry lady, house cleaner, An errand lady, Sex provider and many more in one lady who is considered a weaker sex and as if this is not stressful enough, most men would rather boast about the ability of their lady in washing hard fabrics with bare hands, they will talk about how they so much love a lady because she can pound yam the natural way and will be proud to talk about how good their lady is in using archaic methods to prepare their meals... And the worst twist is that even if the lady is pregnant, they will still watch her do these tasks.

So I ask: is there anything different between a wife material and a slave? Will heaven fall if the man assists his wife in the home front?

Does common sense not tell the man that he needs to make life easier for his wife by getting a washing machine, a vacuum cleaner, and several other home/cooking appliances that will make life easier for her. Must a lady even know how to cook before you tag her wife material? What if she just can't cook or is the ability to cook part of success in life?

Please don't get it twisted, I'm not here to advise ladies to be redundant in their homes. Every married lady must be a home keeper, ensuring that her kids and husband are her priority...but nevertheless, in my opinion, a wife material means a gentle, submissive wife who will love you for who you are, tolerate your weaknesses, a Wife Material is a woman who is about her business, can hold her own in a conversation, is generous and can handle money well. A woman who will put your needs first and values her marriage so much that she won't defile it by being unfaithful... And just as the book of proverbs 31 says,...'' a virtuous woman is one who leads her home with integrity, discipline, and more and all the virtues she is practicing are aimed at making the life of her husband better, teaching her children, and serving God'' this is never the same as having a slave in the house in the name of wife material.

My prayer for every man reading this is that God provides for you so that you will make life easier for your woman so that you can look beyond that slave-like quality that many men use to qualify a wife material.

I hope this makes sense.

First time you spit junk and call it a thread.

It is obvious that you just want to trend.

Toks2008, my respect for you just end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by tunjilana: 6:03pm On Aug 01, 2020
sammirano:
Must a lady even know how to cook before you tag her wife material? What if she just can't cook or is the ability to cook part of success in life?

That part up there no makes no sense. Well you can subscribe for a dummy that cannot cook as your own wife material, but never speak for other men out there. However, there is some sense in the post.

She must not know how to cook, she must not be available for domestic work, yet when you mention co-funding the home, this same women still never want 50/50...yet you begin to wonder why so many men are relegating the need to marry... Women are constantly being told their role is slavery and it isnt a must to play those roles at home, without believing the man has a right to think same way too and decide not to play whatever role society has taught him to always play

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by luminouz(m): 6:03pm On Aug 01, 2020
This guy sha grin grin

He knows how to stir the e-broth.
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Michelle55: 6:05pm On Aug 01, 2020
J111333:
Marriages of old were stable because our grandmothers accepted the roles of slaves and it was very easy for them to do that. They were mostly what Oyibos call home makers but this is unacceptable and overwhelming to today's wives who equally work hard to put food on the table just like the men.
In my opinion, men should sit and live up to the expectations of today's world.
How can a pregnant woman be cleaning and washing while her husband sits and watch tv?
How can a man not help out in the kitchen when his wife is overwhelmed cooking several dishes at a time?
How can a man sit and watch while his wife bathes the kids, dresses them and takes them to school?
These things can be done and they won't make someone less a man, it's all about common sense.

God bless you and rest of the real men who thinks like this

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by debbleopto: 6:06pm On Aug 01, 2020
modern women seems to tag a virtuous woman as slave - the reality in the contemporary. But some women who are diligent and prudent with hard work are able to balance things. some girls I have encountered find it difficult to wash the plate they used in eating.

4 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by etrange: 6:07pm On Aug 01, 2020
Toks2008:

OP, you are wonderful. Sorry I couldn't come up with superior words to praise you!

We want women that aren't financial burdens, we want wives/girlfriends that also earn and support the home but we don't want to partake in home keeping. We just want them to do it all and like you said, we're happier when they do it the crude way. Misogyny!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:07pm On Aug 01, 2020
Na over sabi dey worry women of this generation and no wonder many don't have husbands and get old

2 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by pongwa(m): 6:08pm On Aug 01, 2020
Toks2008:

I hope this makes sense.
YOUR OPINION
your opinion applies to only poor men in the society. It doesn't apply to made men for example billionaires like Ned Nwoko or Alaafin Oyo. Go tell them make their wives no do house chores and behave like 'slaves'. Men hustle o make woman no follow you dey drag house chores inside house

5 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by bettermike: 6:09pm On Aug 01, 2020
Tajbol4splend:
You are going to destroy some people's homes with threads like this because what works in different homes differs, a lot of women who do these things do them out of love and happiness the man has given her

Don't mind the simp. A shame of a man.

Busy men should come back from work and start making their meals. What's the point of getting married in the first place.
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by debbleopto: 6:09pm On Aug 01, 2020
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by DexterousOne(m): 6:09pm On Aug 01, 2020
hashtagged:

Am not being silly if only the man is breadwinning the woman should do the chores and care for kids.
If they both breadwin EQUALLY then they can split the chores.
But seriously how many women have you seen providing(finicially) for the family, please answer sincerely and not cause you want to support ladies, i have seen women with jobs and stores, yet the man still provides solely, And even if the wife was to provide in place of the man for even a short time like a month, that man would be emasculated and treated like a second rate human.

I'll tell you this

Millions of women across the length and breadth of this country are either CO BREADWINNERS or SOLE BREADWINNER
It's what I see out there everyday

From the market women, to the bankers, doctors; food sellers and restaurants owners, etc.

Maybe in your small world, all you see are dependent housewives, just maybe.

But in the broad society
The women are really filling in on a lot of financial responsibility

N.B.
Slay mamas are not included
And not every woman is a slay mama

4 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Zane2point4(m): 6:11pm On Aug 01, 2020
Elder0001:

Bless you.
Upbringing is a major culprit in this issue.

Most male kids aren't taught how to cook and do other domestic chores at home so they grow up with this mentality and when they get married they expect only their wives do the domestic chores.

Also, they never saw their fathers cooking so they think it's stupid for them to cook while they have a wife.

We need to change the way we do things in the family for the betterment of everybody.
Hope the daughters will be taught how not to depend on the men for the rent, school fees, utilities, etc
Men can help out, whenever she demands his help, stop glorifying lazy women.

4 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by DexterousOne(m): 6:11pm On Aug 01, 2020
reservd:
Most male children were brought up by the parents especially the moms not to do domestic chores, the believe that it's the wives that will be doing such, reason why girls were trained how to keep a home, they were never taught anything. They grow and marry with this orientation and believe it's normal. Absolute fault shouldn't go to this kinds of husbands, couples of now should endeavour to teach both gender home chores so the males when grown won't see any biggie in helping out their wives at anytime irrespective of financial status

Well said
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 01, 2020
Keep them coming grin
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by MolarT(m): 6:12pm On Aug 01, 2020
I pity ur wife or gf... This ur outdated reasoning is so wrong
hashtagged:

In a home

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by WandaMaximoff: 6:13pm On Aug 01, 2020
hashtagged:

In a home

So what if he's not the only one winning bread for the family?

Cause I know women these days also have jobs or businesses and contribute to the bread that I'd brought to the table.
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by debbleopto: 6:13pm On Aug 01, 2020
grin
bettermike:

Busy men should come back from work and start making their meals. What's the point of getting married in the first place.
grin
bettermike:

�buhari need go to kitchen and prepare food sometimes if he love his wide
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Toks2008(m): 6:13pm On Aug 01, 2020
fykes:
most men this... most men that....
Check very well the person writing all d trash has never been engaged talk more of married.

Funny how unmarried people often have opinions on marriage

Totally agree.

Odensin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by goshen26: 6:15pm On Aug 01, 2020
Well, the slavery nature is the reason why our mothers remain in their marriage till now while equality in marriage is why we have many broken homes these days

I helped my wife wella ; I do laundry, I cook once in a while, I even help bath our one year old baby, but that does not say I am not her head

2 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 01, 2020
Bla bla bla..

Just marry someone compatible with you!!!

Always resist the urge to Shalaye!! undecided

3 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by bettermike: 6:16pm On Aug 01, 2020
You can tell the quality of an opening post when at least majority agree with it. At least 80%

We can all see the division this thread is creating.

Most men totally disagree with this junk.
Majority of the girls however agree. To their detriment eventually anyways.

Ass seeking and backside licking boys like op that think like this are the reason real men find it hard these days with women.

Just to get pu**y. You lose your reasoning.
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by bettermike: 6:17pm On Aug 01, 2020
goshen26:
Well, the slavery nature is the reason why our mothers remain in their marriage till now while equality in marriage is why we have many broken homes these days

Well said.
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Toks2008(m): 6:18pm On Aug 01, 2020
AFONAMARO:

You ruined your piece when you started using "men". Quit hasty generalization when passing your point. We have "some men" who are passionate and committed in their families.

For marriage to work, there must be an atom of love, and love is sacrifice.
Any marriage without sacrifice is THEFT.

Marriage is not a military barrack where they maintain the last order, but an institution laced with tolerance, affection and mutual respect from both parties

People see what they want to see. an unbias reader will know the fact that i used ''MANY'' to start removes the notion of generalization.

If i wrote this then why should i generalize.
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Almunjid(m): 6:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
Toks2008:

I hope this makes sense.

Ur whole write up doesn't make any sense at all. U made a point and then disproved it in the last paragraph.
...Every married lady must be a home keeper, ensuring that her kids and husband are her priority...

Talking nonsense. That's how many guys refused to be responsible and committed in a relationship or get married because they believed that marriage is an enslavement and it only benefits the ladies, now you're saying that ladies are the ones enslaving themselves in the name of marriage material.
When a man is struggling to make ends meet, they'll say he's enslaving himself while his wife sits home and watch tv, and when the woman is doing her duty, they'll say she's been enslaved.

The stupidity we mistake for wisdom is our major problem.

1 Like

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Toks2008(m): 6:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
bettermike:
You can tell the quality of an opening post when at least majority agree with it. At least 80%

We can all see the division this thread is creating.

Most men totally disagree with this junk.
Majority of the girls however agree. To their detriment eventually anyways.

Ass seeking and backside licking boys like op that think like this are the reason real men find it hard these days with women.

Just to get pu**y. You lose your reasoning.

Better learn boy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by benji93: 6:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
What Nonsense. Equally work hard? Your message comes across as if most women work and contribute equally towards the financial burden at home. Oh so what our forefathers were doing in which women and men had well-defined roles wasn't common sense. What Nonsense. But again everyone wants different things from their women. So go for a woman that best fits your definition of a wife. I will take the pregnant women argument though. That would be quite callous. If i am goign ot bear the financial burden of the family. You better devote as much time as possible to keeping our household in order physically and socially, which includes tending for the kids. If you want us to share those other duties- which in fact doesn't quite fit the role of man, and will likely make him miserable, she better bring a financial contribution of 50% to the table. Perhaps that's how life just works. Perhaps we do need dunces within our ranks to satisfy the ego and agenda of some of these so-called career women/independen women/feminists. Always using Oyinbo life as a yardstick. What a bunch of crap. Be very careful, man. grin
J111333:
Marriages of old were stable because our grandmothers accepted the roles of slaves and it was very easy for them to do that. They were mostly what Oyibos call home makers but this is unacceptable and overwhelming to today's wives who equally work hard to put food on the table just like the men.
In my opinion, men should sit and live up to the expectations of today's world.
How can a pregnant woman be cleaning and washing while her husband sits and watch tv?
How can a man not help out in the kitchen when his wife is overwhelmed cooking several dishes at a time?
How can a man sit and watch while his wife bathes the kids, dresses them and takes them to school?
These things can be done and they won't make someone less a man, it's all about common sense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Jobless Graduate Welcomes A Set Of Triplets. Photos / Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State / A Dark Woman And Her Baby Bump In Bikini (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.