Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. (50165 Views)

Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / Akwa Ibom Lady Frying Garri & Everyone Is Calling Her Wife Material (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Oracleforce: 6:44pm On Aug 01, 2020
This e-fight will last till next year...follow me....

As some women who do not have a home are advising some ladies that are looking for a good and peaceful home.....

Guys, ask those ladies that are arguing with you if they have a good and peaceful home ..probably most of them are a single mother or baby mama or slay queen or slay mama...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 01, 2020
eni4real:

'Your money is our money'
'My money is mine alone'

Breadwinner?? Haha nice joke!!

Rare cases!! undecided
Every single dime is spent on herself? Most of them use to take care of certain expenses in the home, don't deny that.
I don't get this arguement. All this because women want men who would assist them take care of the children, cook once in a while or atleast acknowledge the woman's effort managing the family. Can't you guys stop acting like you're the almighty just because you go to work? Women do the same nowadays. undecided
A woman isn't a slave, when she prepares your dinner, it's a gesture of love. Same way when you go out to hustle, it's not because you were forced to do so.
These responsibilities shouldn't be a "you must do it" affair.
So ladies shouldn't date or marry broke men? Seeing as that is their duty. If a man loses his job, what happens?

2 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by benji93: 6:45pm On Aug 01, 2020
A man may be able to bear all the financial burden and not be a top 50 salary earner. There's something such as living within your means. A man can be earning 250000 naira as salary and be living confortably with a wife and maybe a kid. A smart man understands that it's always better to find alternative sources of income. Life is uncertain. You could even put her in charge one of those businesses-I can go out of my way to pamper your ego grin-I wanna do this business, i wanna to that business. Ok start your business with this.. But a wife working from 8am - 6 pm is a No No. Preferably whatever business you are doing should be close to home.
Sixfeetbelle:

Thats because they were not breadwinners and the country's economy is not as easy as it used to be. A man handling all the financial aspects of the home by himself will die before his time, unless he's in the top 50 highest earners.

1 Like

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by humilitypays(m): 6:46pm On Aug 01, 2020
pocohantas:
You know sometimes this thing is about perspective. Personally I may not notice I am slaving till you ask me to do one specific house chore- WASHING. Please don’t tell me to wash heap of clothes, let alone a man’s shirts that needs starch and vigorous ironing.

I also do not believe it has anything to him being a breadwinner. That is why it is good to marry a man that has sense and conscience. I am not sure they are up to 31 remaining in Nigeria now.

Two people are in a home/marriage. It is ideal that they both put hands to keep it running- domestically, financially, sexually...etc. Anything less and one person is just being wicked. We have a lot of wicked partners in Nigeria. grin
Modern technology have made this very easy and simple. Thank God for China, automatic wash and spin machines are now affordable for at least 70% of Nigerians that wish to have one. With NGN120,000 you can buy 8kg fully automated washing machine that washes and spins (dry) all your clothes.

There are also steam ironing jackets that can iron your clothes, also very affordable.

No woman today should complain of slaving in her husbands home unless they are broke and struggling and can't afford these cheap technology solutions that make every home easy.

The hardest job in the world is MAKING MONEY!

There is no other difficult task than making money and catering for people's needs no matter the economy challenges.

The only place I respect women a lot and give them much kudos is in giving birth and taking care of newborn babies between age 1 day to 1yr+

5 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Dalby(m): 6:46pm On Aug 01, 2020
Palema007:
A woman with standard,self esteem and source of income can not be enslaved. It is either she kick out the archaic man's ass or the Man conform with her set standards. For example a woman who owns and uses washing machine and other house chores gadgets can not be expected to wash clothes with bare hands or do things traditionally by any Man.

You are responsible for how people treat you.

How come you guys do not brandish these ideas during courtship

So the man can leave if that does not fit in to his expectations.

Guys most likely meets the women when they are jobless. They get married then she says she wants to work. Once the job comes she remembers that she can be independent...

6 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by pocohantas(f): 6:48pm On Aug 01, 2020
humilitypays:

No woman today should complain of slaving in her husbands home unless they are broke and struggling and can't afford these cheap technology solutions that make every home easy.

The hardest job in the world is MAKING MONEY!

There is no other difficult task than making money and catering for people's needs no matter the economy challenges.

The only place I respect women a lot and give them much kudos is in giving birth and taking care of newborn babies between age 1 day to 1yr+

Very true, till it gets to respecting your mothers.

kiss kiss

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by bettermike: 6:48pm On Aug 01, 2020
Toks2008:

Better learn boy.

Stup*d boy. That's all you are.

Oya. Run along.
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Sixfeetbelle: 6:49pm On Aug 01, 2020
eni4real:
God forbid that the role is swapped!!

Women can't handle that kind of Leadership!!

"Dear what did you cook?" "No I don't want that, you are just staying at home while myself as a woman working very hard to balance the home. Make sure my food is ready before I come around and get back to me". How would you feel??

It is your God-given right to be the Leader/breadwinner while she does the wifely duties..

Isn't it funny to you that your narrative is exactly what is obtainable today and some women are still accepting it even at the risk of their own lives? A front page thread talked of a policeman who used a machete on his wife when he got back from work because his food was cold. He couldn't even reheat himself or at the very least exercise patience for it to be reheated.

Based on that story, I have a few questions to ask you.

1) How rich do you think the man is to be able to cater completely for the family?
2) Do you think it's possible for the woman to be a full housewife without going out to hustle for daily bread?
3) In that household, do you think the chores are split in reverse proportion to daily income earned; ie one with the most financial duties does the less house chores?
4) Do you perceive the "I'm the head of the house" mentality flying around even when the man isn't the only provider in the home?

2 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 01, 2020
mariemummy:

Thank you nne. Beautiful response.
grin grin grin Abi nah . grin
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by genq(m): 6:49pm On Aug 01, 2020
hashtagged:
Thats what women are meant to be, so if women arent slaves, men shouldnt be breadwinners, you put it like women doing house work is slavery, the men doing the breadwinning what is that called?

In a home

A womans job: cooking, caring for kids, child bearing, maintaning the home

A mans job: breadwinning, making money and provision for the family.

Isnt it balanced, OP you are just a simp, ass licking women wont get you anywhere, so you want men to make money and care for the home as women sit down and watch you(their slave) do everything up to washing their undies. Nonsense

The truth and nothing but...
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 01, 2020
Dew04:
Every single dime is spent on herself? Most of them use to take care of certain expenses in the home, don't deny that.
I don't get this arguement. All this because women want men who would assist them take care of the children, cook once in a while or atleast acknowledge the woman's effort managing the family. Can't you guys stop acting like you're the almighty just because you go to work? Women do the same nowadays. undecided
A woman isn't a slave, when she prepares your dinner, it's a gesture of love. Same way when you go out to hustle, it's not because you were forced to do so.
These responsibilities shouldn't be a "you must do it" affair.
So ladies shouldn't date or marry broke men? Seeing as that is their duty. If a man loses his job, what happens?

" I have bought a land and I will develop it. I am doing it for myself and my children.. Men are not reliable. I will not let him know anything about it"

Breadwinner??
Rare cases!!

If you are open minded, good for you!!

But, breadwinning is not for women..

If a woman finance the house for 1week, the man will receive multiple dose of nagging because of that!!
It is how they are wired.

Only a few feel for their husbands

No responsible man should allow his wife to finance the home for long unless he is looking for verbal slaps grin

3 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2020
Dalby:

How come you guys do not brandish these ideas during courtship

So the man can leave if that does not fit in to his expectations.

Guys most likely meets the women when they are jobless. They get married then she says she wants to work. Once the job comes she remembers that she can be independent...
How come you guys don't read to understand, dude if you find anything wrong in that comment, you have issues and guess what? I'm not interested in solving them for you.

1 Like

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by humilitypays(m): 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2020
pocohantas:

Very true, till it gets to respecting your mothers.

kiss kiss
giving birth is not easy. And taking care of newborn baby is not easy at all. Imagine caring for someone who doesn't talk, doesn't laugh, only eat, play small, sleep and cry. Honestly I respect newborn mothers a lot, they are champions.

They deserve so much accolade for that job.

But you see cooking, washing, cleaning house, they are nothing. Guys of today are no longer foodies like Nigerian men of the 50s, 60s,70s.....most guys can go without their wife's food, so if she want make she no cook.

Any man can wash his clothes, pack them inside the washing machine, turn on the tap and turn on the switch and set the time and go to bed, so what's the big deal that ladies are screaming

4 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Sixfeetbelle: 6:54pm On Aug 01, 2020
benji93:
A man may be able to bear all the financial burden and not be a top 50 salary earner. There's something such as living within your means. A man can be earning 250000 naira as salary and be living confortably with a wife and maybe a kid. A smart man understands that it's always better to find alternative sources of income. Life is uncertain. You could even put her in charge one of those businesses-I can go out of my way to pamper your ego grin-I wanna do this business, i wanna to that business. Ok start your business with this.. But a wife working from 8am - 6 pm is a No No. Preferably whatever business you are doing should be close to home.

You mentioned a business and that defeats the aim of why I mentioned you.

If she's isn't working at all, being a full time housewife is very much obtainable and she won't see it as being a slave. He's doing 100% financial duties; she's doing 100% house chores.

The minute she has a business, or a provision store or an actual 8 to 5 job, that percentage must shift or else the dynamics of the home will be in jeopardy. So with the business idea you mentioned, I'd say she's doing 20% financial duties. Hence, oga must contribute his 20% house chores to balance the equation. Eg cleaning after the child sometimes or being able to serve himself food and wash up after eating.

Life shouldn't be that hard.

2 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by NobleKing2020(m): 6:54pm On Aug 01, 2020
You See all dis Motivational speakers abeg leave me alone
I no do again..

3 months ago I followed ur advice, and I started chicken farming with 50 chickens and I'm proud to say I av eaten all..

Na person wey dey alive dey do business �����

2 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 01, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Isn't it funny to you that your narrative is exactly what is obtainable today and some women are still accepting it even at the risk of their own lives? A front page thread talked of a policeman who used a machete on his wife when he got back from work because his food was cold. He couldn't even reheat himself or at the very least exercise patience for it to be reheated.

Based on that story, I have a few questions to ask you.

1) How rich do you think the man is to be able to cater completely for the family?
2) Do you think it's possible for the woman to be a full housewife without going out to hustle for daily bread?
3) In that household, do you think the chores are split in reverse proportion to daily income earned; ie one with the most financial duties does the less house chores?
4) Do you perceive the "I'm the head of the house" mentality flying around even when the man isn't the only provider in the home?
Don't you have experience outside Nairaland!!

You want me to use a NL tragic news to judge a Man breadwinning abilities!!

You have father's, brothers , Uncle's, Male acquittance and other men close to you..

Why don't you use cases you can see around you??

God forbid that a woman become a breadwinner in one's family!!
Verbal slaps and Nagging loading...

2 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Oracleforce: 6:55pm On Aug 01, 2020
pocohantas:
You know sometimes this thing is about perspective. Personally I may not notice I am slaving till you ask me to do one specific house chore- WASHING. Please don’t tell me to wash heap of clothes, let alone a man’s shirts that needs starch and vigorous ironing.

I also do not believe it has anything to him being a breadwinner. That is why it is good to marry a man that has sense and conscience. I am not sure they are up to 31 remaining in Nigeria now.

Two people are in a home/marriage. It is ideal that they both put hands to keep it running- domestically, financially, sexually...etc. Anything less and one person is just being wicked. We have a lot of wicked partners in Nigeria. grin

31 remaining...Nah wahoo....this one Nah "see-finish"

But I put it.to.you that a.lot.of women have manipulating spirit.....in which they use to manipulate their husband...i doubt if you are not doing so to your hubby if you have...
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Toks2008(m): 6:57pm On Aug 01, 2020
AFONAMARO:

You are certainly a bias writer, hence, your use of suggestive words.

I saw your highlighted assertions suggesting that men who fail to provide certain home appliances lacked common sense, without considering their pockets and financial capabilities.

I doubt a married man would use seedy words to describe his fellow men while feigning ignorance about his choice of words

You be sadist walahi.

You always pick out what you want... At least I prayed for those who may not have but ofcourse you no go see that part... .

OYO lo wa.
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by pocohantas(f): 6:57pm On Aug 01, 2020
humilitypays:
l

But you see cooking, washing, cleaning house, they are nothing. Guys of today are no longer foodies like Nigerian men of the 50s, 60s,70s.....most guys can go without their wife's food, so if she want make she no cook.

Any man can wash his clothes, pack them inside the washing machine, turn on the tap and turn on the switch and set the time and go to bed, so what's the big deal that ladies are screaming

Very true once again. The Nigerian men in my forthcoming romance blockbuster. kiss

1 Like

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Sixfeetbelle: 6:57pm On Aug 01, 2020
eni4real:
A tissue of lies undecided

Choose whatever narrative that suits you. Typical.

Satisfy my curiosity, will you? Did you grow up with a single parent by any chance? How can you be certain they didn't have normal lives while growing up?

1 Like

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by greypencils: 6:58pm On Aug 01, 2020
Very simple, if as a man you would prefer that your woman do all the traditional feminine chores such as cooking, taking care of children, washing clothes e.t.c, then with all pleasure get yourself a housewife that will do no inch of breadwinning, one who isn't career minded and who will take your words as law. But if as a man, you expect your woman to make the tiniest contribution to breadwinning, a working class lady, one with a business e.t.c then be ready to relieve her of her domestic duties often. Every man his choice.

3 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by goshen26: 6:58pm On Aug 01, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
You are doing well!!!
God bless you and your home.
I hope I see a good guy who rolls the same way.

My sister, Mom trained us that way o

Mom would say "so if ur wife is tired after the day's stress you guys would lock the kitchen?"

If Mom is cooking and u r not around to help out you won't eat from that food

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 01, 2020
eni4real:
Lolz
Seriously ehn, your matter tire person. grin grin
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Sixfeetbelle: 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2020
eni4real:

You have father's, brothers , Uncle's, Male acquittance and other men close to you..

What's with the ranting? I thought you'd be objective at the very least.

1 Like

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by goshen26: 6:59pm On Aug 01, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
You are doing well!!!
God bless you and your home.
I hope I see a good guy who rolls the same way.

My sister, Mom trained us that way o

Mom would say "so if ur wife is tired after the day's stress you guys would lock the kitchen?"

If Mom is cooking and u r not around to help out you won't eat from that food

God will provide someone like a friend for u too Sis
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by AngelicBeing: 7:04pm On Aug 01, 2020
cool
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Sixfeetbelle: 7:04pm On Aug 01, 2020
eni4real:

No, actually I don't have experiences outside Nairaland. Didn't grow up in such homes.

I don't see why not? It happened in real life with real people. Besides, his breadwinning abilities is clear for everyone to deduce. He's a policeman. An ordinary road traffic inspector.

There's no case like that around me cause the men handle chores even when contributing financially to the home. There's no lording over anyone. Even my brothers who finances his home nearly 100% takes care of his kids with such fervour.

Of course you'd continue to hold onto your believes, stubbornly refusing to remove your jaded glasses. I'm done with you.
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by BigBashiru: 7:10pm On Aug 01, 2020
hashtagged:
Thats what women are meant to be, so if women arent slaves, men shouldnt be breadwinners, you put it like women doing house work is slavery, the men doing the breadwinning what is that called?

In a home

A womans job: cooking, caring for kids, child bearing, maintaning the home

A mans job: breadwinning, making money and provision for the family.

Isnt it balanced, OP you are just a simp, ass licking women wont get you anywhere, so you want men to make money and care for the home as women sit down and watch you(their slave) do everything up to washing their undies. Nonsense

Very good one. The vast majority of women don't like stress and bread winning is STRESSFUL!
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by onoja12: 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2020
Lol laughing in 3d,all this rubbish you people are writing,i think you are not learning much or the media isnt tell you the hole story,men in the west are refusing to marry,most affected are black women.let it sink in.men are not atm ,we are not stupid people.the womb machine should be ready by 2025 after which ,women would practically become useless to men.revelations in the bible didnt lie,women would beg just to carry a mans name

uote author=NerdyRudeGyal post=92322267]Any sensible woman will run from a man who believes in such 1950s' concept of a "wife material" ― slavish, docile, no voice of her own, lets the man run the show ― in 2020. IMO, the modern-day wife material is a woman who has her own life, career, is strong, independent and doesn't depend on a man to do shiit. That said, any sensible woman [and man!] already knows how to do some basic things for herself, such as cooking, laundry, cleaning, etc, before she gets married; carry these skills into marriage and utilize them to take care of her children/family. Now that doesn't mean the man should deem these things her sole obligation, or refuse to assist her b/c he thinks they're beneath him, or refuse to buy the necessary household appliances/equipment to make her work easier in the home. Marriage is a partnership and if a man cannot assist his wife in the house, then he has no business getting married.

[/quote]
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

What's with the ranting? I thought you'd be objective at the very least.
Objective, using 1 example out of Millions of Nigerian Men??

Your question was intentional subjective!!

Use examples of people/men close to you!! Let's start from there!!

Breadwinning is a God given duties of men.. Women should keep the homes!!!

God forbid that the case is reversed!!

1 Like

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by benji93: 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

You mentioned a business and that defeats the aim of why I mentioned you.

If she's isn't working at all, being a full time housewife is very much obtainable and she won't see it as being a slave. He's doing 100% financial duties; she's doing 100% house chores.

The minute she has a business, or a provision store or an actual 8 to 5 job, that percentage must shift or else the dynamics of the home will be in jeopardy. So with the business idea you mentioned, I'd say she's doing 20% financial duties. Hence, oga must contribute his 20% house chores to balance the equation. Eg cleaning after the child sometimes or being able to serve himself food and wash up after eating.

Life shouldn't be that hard.
Doing 20% financially? How many women do that? Most make money and still keep it for themselves. You were not paying attention woman. The reason you i gave you money to start up something is to massage your ego of wanting some financial independence. grin. I'll make sure i don't need your money for anything. I'll make sure you don't have to make any contribution. Just relax. That's why i don't criticize women that tell men to go and make money, or women that emphasize on the fact that they consider men that are finacially stable for marriage. It's what i am supposed to do. Make money. That kind of gold-digging requirement is acceptable. grin. So don't worry, unless you are married i'll make surplus money and come for you. I am getting there. grin
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 01, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Choose whatever narrative that suits you. Typical.

Satisfy my curiosity, will you? Did you grow up with a single parent by any chance? How can you be certain they didn't have normal lives while growing up?
Are you married??
If NO. Come, let me marry you!!
Hope you won't mind if I travel abroad and leave you with the children. Let's see how you will cope with training them ALONE!!! Let's see if you will not disturb me with calls on how much you miss my impact on thier unbringng!!

Single ladies and widows are just coping.. That doesn't mean the kids are getting complete training from them!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Kenyan Couple Who Wore T-shirts To Their Simple Wedding Welcome Bouncing Baby / Nigerian Couple Seeking Divorce Storm Court In Matching Outfit(pic) / 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.