Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,778 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. (50164 Views)

Family Meeting Cos Of Wife Advise Needed Pls / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop / Akwa Ibom Lady Frying Garri & Everyone Is Calling Her Wife Material (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by lastclaire4(f): 9:25pm On Aug 01, 2020
hashtagged:

Did you read my post, did i say anything about single handedly.

Men-work money
Women-care for kids and chores

You are being smart. Are you saying when the woman is working she should go ahead to enslave herself l?
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by hashtagged(m): 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
lastclaire4:

You are being smart. Are you saying when the woman is working she should go ahead to enslave herself l?

So when is doing simple house chores that your mom did now slavery, or are you calling your mom a slave

2 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Parisian: 9:28pm On Aug 01, 2020
Female breadwinners are everywhere in the society and even in your neighborhood but you just don't know it yet.

I know a nollywood actress who used to be my neighbor. Her mother is the breadwinner but if you don't know their family personally you wouldn't know.

My friend's mother who was the breadwinner single handedly sent 4 of her kids abroad to study before her demise.
hashtagged:

Then the man does the babysitting and caring for kids grin

Although i havnt seen female breadwinners or they are extremely rare
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by hashtagged(m): 9:29pm On Aug 01, 2020
Parisian:
Female breadwinners are everywhere in the society and even in your neighborhood but you just don't know it yet.

I know a nollywood actress who used to be my neighbor. Her mother is the breadwinner but if you don't know their family personally you wouldn't know.

My friend's mother who was the breadwinner single handedly sent 4 of her kids abroad to study before her demise.

The families did they have a dad? If no then thats cause there was no man there or the father was seprated from the family
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Ishilove: 9:30pm On Aug 01, 2020
Do all these endless debates sway public opinion? It's so tiring.
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by lilyheaven: 9:35pm On Aug 01, 2020
Proverbs 31 answered all the questions
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by mkoabiola: 9:40pm On Aug 01, 2020
Feminists don come
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by lastclaire4(f): 9:41pm On Aug 01, 2020
hashtagged:

So when is doing simple house chores that your mom did now slavery, or are you calling your mom a slave

My dad's upbringing is quite different from the typical Nigerian man. I dont know if that could be attributed to people he worked with at a time.
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Kazim88: 9:51pm On Aug 01, 2020
Palema007:
Sometimes I get confused over this "breadwinner" thing. Is it that the husband will provide for everything while the wife will keep her money if she's working. Hardly will you see a woman who doesn't work these days,and with the economy situation it is very rare to see Men providing for all needs. Lol.

When both husband and wife are still struggling to live comfortably by hustling together, someone will think of doing that alone because he doesn't want to share chores? Him grave go deep pass 6 feet. grin cheesy. It takes both couples nothing work together to make their home great. People should do away with egos and insensitivity.

You are not married yet....

This topic is straight forward...

If you want equal respect... Share the financial responsibilities...

Most women can stomach the idea of contributing food money as a norm... Pay house 50% house rent as a norm.

The only problem of women of nowadays is just laziness combined with pride....and they many weak men around nowadays.

2 Likes

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Kazim88: 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

This means that you're a completely traditional wife and having a traditional wife will fit into your life plan. Trust me, this post isn't focusing on that.

And, to be honest, occasionally helping out in the house is what most women want, both traditional and modern. We don't want it to be a routine but if we say we're tired today, we'd hope the man understands and serves himself food that night or sings our kids to bed that night.

But since you said you want to be doing these helping out when your spirit motivates you too, I'm glad you're going completely traditional. No modern woman can deal. Simple. grin

So now they is traditional and modern Women...

I stand with team traditional grin
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by ImaIma1(f): 10:06pm On Aug 01, 2020
hashtagged:

Then the man does the babysitting and caring for kids grin

Although i havnt seen female breadwinners or they are extremely rare

Not exactly rare. They won't just come out and tell people that they are the ones paying the bills. Most protect their husbands.

I heard of one who lost her husband. The husband's family came to try to inherit their brother's wealth. That's when they realized she was the breadwinner. Even the children didn't know.
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Kazim88: 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2020
benji93:
Why i dey go find trouble look for modern woman? Who modern help? grin. To each his own. Good luck, modern woman. grin
Lol...

Who modern help.... they have no economical and marital value. After two years of of marriage, the husband would realize he married packaging with expired content.
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Kazim88: 10:17pm On Aug 01, 2020
onoja12:
Lol laughing in 3d,all this rubbish you people are writing,i think you are not learning much or the media isnt tell you the hole story,men in the west are refusing to marry,most affected are black women.let it sink in.men are not atm ,we are not stupid people.the womb machine should be ready by 2025 after which ,women would practically become useless to men.revelations in the bible didnt lie,women would beg just to carry a mans name

the womb machine Hmmmm.

It would practically cripple the marriage institution.
Modern Women are very toxic and not marriage compatible...with this it's make everything easy.

1 Like

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Ayt27(m): 10:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
hashtagged:

Treat with respect is not a gender issue, have you not seen wives that disrespect their husbands despite what the husband has done for the family.
And are you in the lives of those women to know where the money goes, but i can bet 70% of those women dont spend that money on breadwinning

All these talk na online talk, most females can't do this offline with their partners, the ones that do fall into the trap of the illusion of choices coz of a thousand likes and a hundred dm's. It's a slippery slope

Ultimately, the brunt of the financial spending rests on the guy

1 Like

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by benji93: 10:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
Very pessimistic somebori. grin. You self why would you marry a man not prudent financially? You don't seem to understand what solid means. The man must earn enough money that would enable him to be able to set aside some for rainy days.
Sixfeetbelle:

Modern women are good, in case hubby suddenly loses all his financial avenues
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by karkel(m): 10:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
J111333:
Marriages of old were stable because our grandmothers accepted the roles of slaves and it was very easy for them to do that. They were mostly what Oyibos call home makers but this is unacceptable and overwhelming to today's wives who equally work hard to put food on the table just like the men.
In my opinion, men should sit and live up to the expectations of today's world.
How can a pregnant woman be cleaning and washing while her husband sits and watch tv?
How can a man not help out in the kitchen when his wife is overwhelmed cooking several dishes at a time?
How can a man sit and watch while his wife bathes the kids, dresses them and takes them to school?
These things can be done and they won't make someone less a man, it's all about common sense.
one bottle of trophy for u

1 Like

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Cromagnon: 10:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
Palema007:
You know just how impossible and untrue that is. Will men do that?
Yes female breadwinners aren't that rare, they exist and are very common.While some hardly show it to cover up for their husbands,some are very obvious.

However, I believe in a home where both parties provide, they should automatically do the chores together. That way no spouse will be over burdened or pushed to limits.
shey you see divorce rate has multiplied in America with all this foolishness. Nature remains undefeated
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Cromagnon: 10:22pm On Aug 01, 2020
Palema007:
Sometimes I get confused over this "breadwinner" thing. Is it that the husband will provide for everything while the wife will keep her money if she's working. Hardly will you see a woman who doesn't work these days,and with the economy situation it is very rare to see Men providing for all needs. Lol.

When both husband and wife are still struggling to live comfortably by hustling together, someone will think of doing that alone because he doesn't want to share chores? Him grave go deep pass 6 feet. grin cheesy. It takes both couples nothing work together to make their home great. People should do away with egos and insensitivity.
are you married
Is your husband whipped
Is your marriage smooth?
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by benji93: 10:23pm On Aug 01, 2020
But one in a hundred is equivalent to millions now. grin
hashtagged:

Shut up which kind millions, its one in a hundred in africa
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Cromagnon: 10:23pm On Aug 01, 2020
reservd:
Most male children were brought up by the parents especially the moms not to do domestic chores, the believe that it's the wives that will be doing such, reason why girls were trained how to keep a home, they were never taught anything. They grow and marry with this orientation and believe it's normal. Absolute fault shouldn't go to this kinds of husbands, couples of now should endeavour to teach both gender home chores so the males when grown won't see any biggie in helping out their wives at anytime irrespective of financial status
when the enemy is at the gates, will you also teach the Woden to fight and die if necessary?
You guys think you can engineer nature. You funny
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by hashtagged(m): 10:24pm On Aug 01, 2020
ImaIma1:

Not exactly rare. They won't just come out and tell people that they are the ones paying the bills. Most protect their husbands.

I heard of one who lost her husband. The husband's family came to try to inherit their brother's wealth. That's when they realized she was the breadwinner. Even the children didn't know.

Everyone always hears of something but never see.
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by ImaIma1(f): 10:25pm On Aug 01, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
.....So the meaning of a good and virtuous wife is now a slave? .

Make Una continue dey break Una homes feeling woke.

Waiting for the day my wife will say so rubbish to my hearing.

Sorry o Hitler
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Cromagnon: 10:25pm On Aug 01, 2020
Dew04:
Neither are you. If a woman spends her money on foodstuffs, or paying the school fees of at least one child, isn't she breadwinning? undecided
No matter how meagre, the money is still used in the family. Most men depend on their wives to handle the several minor expenses. While they source for the house rent and others.
So why can't the man assist a little in the home?
where is your survey or you spoke to all of us
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Cromagnon: 10:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
LadySarah:
It is only a heartless man that'd watch his wife slave in the name of being a wife material.
The women are even the most to be blamed. When your bf or fiance gives you his spare keys and your lil mind advises you to make sure all his chores are done once you visit. Then marriage time, you come here to disturb us. You have to finish what you strtrd.

When our mothers allow the boys to play or do nothing while the girl child is slaving in the home. A grown ass man won't change in his home cos he has been spoilt from cradle.

The narrative starts with us. If you start early with them, they'll learn.

I have only males and they are doing their age appropriate chores. Their father is 100 percent hands on too when around

. No help whatsoever and we rock.
this is how gay start shey you know. Continue
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by benji93: 10:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
Woman, stop this nonsense talk. Cover up wetin? Most female breadwinner will make everyone know they are bearing most of the financial responsibilities codedly. Perhaps rare is too little. But yes they are small. Most of the time men bear the financial responsibilities.
Palema007:
You know just how impossible and untrue that is. Will men do that?
Yes female breadwinners aren't that rare, they exist and are very common.While some hardly show it to cover up for their husbands,some are very obvious.

However, I believe in a home where both parties provide, they should automatically do the chores together. That way no spouse will be over burdened or pushed to limits.

1 Like

Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Cromagnon: 10:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
lefulefu:
except u want ur wife to look old before her time i dont see why u cant have a nanny to help in some of the home chorus.having said that its not bad wanting your wife to cook your meals cos when she does that and u two eat together it brings the family closer.most times family issues are discussed more in family dinners than in other times.But then if ur wife is the very busy type u can have a nanny to do ur meals while once in a while she can cook for u.i depends on the family though cos i know there are wives who dont cook or do anything for their husbands but u can bet ur life such men have side chics that care for them.
what do we need her for if we can get nanny?
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Cromagnon: 10:28pm On Aug 01, 2020
Palema007:
This is the main reason I focused on women alone in my post. Some ladies don't have sense.! They will do anything just to bag that Mrs title and when they finally do, they expect to be treated like queens. Some will go as far as going to boyfriend's parents house to wash, cook, clean and slave away just to be accepted as a house wife material. Lol grin . Those that attend every events taking place in boyfriend's family house irk me the most, some will go there days before the main event to prepare for it. grin . Let me not talk about those that are already "unmarried wives" cohabiting with guys. Lol. grin grin grin I wonder how these women demand queen treatment when they have already given themselves off as slaves. Desperate slaves whose lives and being revolves around Men.

Seriously some women can do better!
is it your marriage.? They have their title. You have Shiloh
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Cromagnon: 10:29pm On Aug 01, 2020
lefulefu:
so anytime u visit ur boyfriend u no dey gree cook for am?
be honest oo?
even girls dat are just normal friends to some guys wen they visit such guys jump into the kitchen and start preparing meals
some do this just to show to the guy that they are potential wife material and dat the guy should see what he is missing cheesy
and i know when a lady starts looking for a husband thats the most time she starts showing her techniques in the kitchen cheesy
i pray say a lady that is marriage due will just portray to a guy that she is the lazy type and cant do anything in the kitchen cheesy
except maybe if u are from a very wealthy family then the guy wont mind if u lazy and cant do anything but be rest assured wen una marry he will look for a side chick to look after him cheesy cheesy
na normal tin cheesy
they will learn the hard way. Leave dem
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 01, 2020
benji93:
Woman, stop this nonsense talk. Cover up wetin? Most female breadwinner will make everyone know they are bearing most of the financial responsibilities codedly. Perhaps rare is too little. But yes they are small. Most of the time men bear the financial responsibilities.
You asked me to stop nonsense talk but still went on countering nonsense... Are you that confused?
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Cromagnon: 10:32pm On Aug 01, 2020
LadySarah:

My bestie is suffering it right now. She's on Nl sef. The once bubbly lady has become a shadow of herself.
But I warned her. When she'd tell me how her husband would praise her and tell her she doesn't behave like a last born. I told her to tone down cos later she will suffer it.
3 kids down the line she has been shedding tears s each time she calls me.Oga can't lift his boxer shorts from the floor to save his life. Won't even go to fill the gas cylinder with his caroo while his wife will be jumping kekec with 12.5kg cylinder,or minor repairs at home. Just drop money and face front. Fresh food tinz.

Me I will just say sorry. E no concern me.
you don marry?
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Cromagnon: 10:32pm On Aug 01, 2020
LadySarah:

There are so many other ways to show ur quality.
yet you couldn't mention 1
Re: When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 01, 2020
Cromagnon:
is it your marriage.? They have their title. You have Shiloh
Another Eni4real?? Three mentions on different posts, why your body dey hot like this? You need a psychiatrist appointment fast.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Kenyan Couple Who Wore T-shirts To Their Simple Wedding Welcome Bouncing Baby / Nigerian Couple Seeking Divorce Storm Court In Matching Outfit(pic) / 38 Years Old, 40k Salary, 5 Children Living In One Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.