Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

China Loan: Ameachi Challenges NASS To Publish Terms Of Agreement - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / China Loan: Ameachi Challenges NASS To Publish Terms Of Agreement (22631 Views)

FG, Striking Doctors To Sign New Agreement / Strike: FG, Doctors Reach Agreement / Alake, others storm NASS to make case for Federal University of Medicine, Abeok (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Loan: Ameachi Challenges NASS To Publish Terms Of Agreement by Talkingoil(m): 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2020
BlackfireX:
What was I thinking when I supported this this this imbeciles in 2015??

Was I bewitched or something??

Is this a dream??

Am I not a fooool to have voted for this chaos in 2015, and reenforced them in 2019??
But you guys were warned about supporting this clowns in govt

Yes you are, a big one for that matter
Re: China Loan: Ameachi Challenges NASS To Publish Terms Of Agreement by Philipxxxx0: 9:09pm On Aug 01, 2020
What it means is that if tomorrow I am not able to pay back the loan and you come to collect the item we agreed upon, I cannot waive my immunity and say that you cannot touch the assets, because we are a sovereign country. The terms say if we are not able to pay, we should not stop them from taking back those items that will make them recover their fund. By Ameachi

Please the man should name the Assets , they sign with them to take back in order to recover their money back.
Re: China Loan: Ameachi Challenges NASS To Publish Terms Of Agreement by TruthinAction: 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
sulaak:

I hope you are aware of Chinese repression of Uighurs and Tibetian. Chinese are extremely corrupt and brutal even to their own people.

I said that just to express my dissatisfaction for our Nigeria leaders. I know China will never be an option. We need a radical revolution. These set of polithiefians should please leave the stage for younger and fresh ones. We also need a new constitution. We need true federalism. Each region should manage their resources and pay tax to federal government. The cost of governance must also be reduced.
Re: China Loan: Ameachi Challenges NASS To Publish Terms Of Agreement by Yusman316(m): 9:51pm On Aug 01, 2020
Abfinest007:
amechi is a confuse man here is d reason

According to him, $96 million has been paid out of the
$500 million that was borrowed for the Abuja-Kaduna rail
corridor.

“I told them at the National Assembly that the probe may
stop them from giving us the loan
so here is my question . how will u be denied of a loan that has already been given to u
My guy make una dey try understand statements na before commenting. He was talking about the loan Nigeria already got from China, not this current one that is raising all sorts of dust
Re: China Loan: Ameachi Challenges NASS To Publish Terms Of Agreement by integrity16(m): 10:00pm On Aug 01, 2020
No wahala Amaechi! If what you just explained is actually the case then I don't have any issues with it.

Thanks for the work done so far
Re: China Loan: Ameachi Challenges NASS To Publish Terms Of Agreement by Startrap: 10:18pm On Aug 01, 2020
Thanks for the admittance. Seems You are one of the people I have been praying for in this country. Pls tell me you have been born before or during PMB's military regime in the 80s
BlackfireX:
What was I thinking when I supported this this this imbeciles in 2015??

Was I bewitched or something??

Is this a dream??

Am I not a fooool to have voted for this chaos in 2015, and reenforced them in 2019??
Re: China Loan: Ameachi Challenges NASS To Publish Terms Of Agreement by Buksaylor: 10:33pm On Aug 01, 2020
phylshan:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/china-loan-amaechi-challenges-nass-to-publish-terms-of-agreement/amp/

CCECC-
These guys are part owners of Nigeria already,I hear they use them to..........
Re: China Loan: Ameachi Challenges NASS To Publish Terms Of Agreement by Scout60(m): 10:34pm On Aug 01, 2020
Mo3891:
cool

Ameachi should stop replying this stupid Senators

Even you are dull Atleast go to any slot office or buy now office and inquire on loans to buy phones

You want China to build you Rail with its money , without a single collateral on just simple conditions that if you fail to pay they take over the rail yet you are wailing

ok
what of if the project no work out as planned? you know Nigeria way of diverting funds
Re: China Loan: Ameachi Challenges NASS To Publish Terms Of Agreement by Pinkybush: 11:48pm On Aug 01, 2020
I really wonder why the rubber stamp national assembly is forming so concerned now about the loans they approved. Their rubber stamp president promised to approve whatever the senile man in aso rock send for approval and that is what he has been doing. So, they should shut up and keep approving.
Re: China Loan: Ameachi Challenges NASS To Publish Terms Of Agreement by Rovly: 12:02am On Aug 02, 2020
So, the national assembly members are just waking up now to realise that the very loan deal deliberated and approved on the floor of the same assembly contain clauses that undermine the sovereignty of Nigeria. And I ask: are these people still being paid salaries for doing nothing?
What a shame! The Honourable Minister of Transportation honouring their invitation was simply a show of honour and respect to the red chamber. He ought not to be there in the first place after doing the same during budget defence.
Re: China Loan: Ameachi Challenges NASS To Publish Terms Of Agreement by laykman(m): 3:06am On Aug 02, 2020
handie:
The explanation Amaechi gave is very logical and thankfully, we are actually seeing the fruits of all the loans.... Unlike previous governments that collected loans and had nothing to show for it. Take it or leave it, Amaechi has been the best transport minister in Nigeria..... Whether your hatred let u see am or not no concern me
Ordinary kola-Alagbado road here between Lagos-Ogun border, that wouldn't take upto $1million, he hasn't done, and you expect me to belive this your statement? Lol

1 Like

Re: China Loan: Ameachi Challenges NASS To Publish Terms Of Agreement by Asu015(m): 6:54am On Aug 02, 2020
Abfinest007:
amechi is a confuse man here is d reason

According to him, $96 million has been paid out of the
$500 million that was borrowed for the Abuja-Kaduna rail
corridor.

“I told them at the National Assembly that the probe may
stop them from giving us the loan
so here is my question . how will u be denied of a loan that has already been given to u
U are the one confused,

Read again
Re: China Loan: Ameachi Challenges NASS To Publish Terms Of Agreement by sulaak(m): 11:54am On Aug 02, 2020
dezik:

hahahaha, are you still slave on the loan your country collected during you grandfather's era?
sit down and study well you won't , n[b]ow see how its coming on you to the extend of seeing infrastructural development you can't fund alone as slavery.[/b]

sha, someone who lives in a mud house that says "He can't live in a block cemented house because it will be very hot in there".

Bros, i 4 lyk sale u 4 slavery...o aftarall , u no dey buy any beer gif me , instead u para me 4 nairaland.
anywere, u try bt ur analysis point still dey learn wrk 4 wetin Hon. Min. don talk .

It's seem you need some education, so let me help you. .

Who said Nigeria must fund infrastructures alone? The government should consider increasing it share of the risk to 40% of capital thereby reducing the need of a sovereignty clause.

What kind of stupid idiot will sign a contract that stipulates...

The controversial clause in the agreement signed by Federal Ministry of Finance (Borrower) on behalf of Nigeria and the Export-Import Bank of China (Lender) on September 5, 2018, provides that: “The Borrower hereby irrevocably waives any immunity on the grounds of sovereign or otherwise for itself or its property in connection with any arbitration proceeding pursuant to Article 8(5), thereof with the enforcement of any arbitral award pursuant thereto, except for the military assets and diplomatic assets.
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/07/29/loan-agreements-house-uncovers-clauses-conceding-nigerias-sovereignty-to-china/

Learn from the debacle with the ongoing PI & D $9.6 billion libel contract, the legal issues with the Mambilla Hydro Electric Dam and the ongoing issues with the Azura Power Partial Risk Guarantee?

Nigeria should come to the table with some funding and materials, instead of expecting the Chinese to shoulder the majority of the risk at 85% of the capital and all the resources and materials. Nigeria can reduce the cost by leveraging the local steel industry as a supply chain provider by first completing the steel plants (Ajaokuta, Delta/Premier) before embarking on the development of rail infrastructures, it will provide an incentive for long term industrial development.

The country can easily raise capital by leasing or selling Federal govenment infrastrcture across in Lagos states (the 3 Bridges(Eko, Carter and 3MB , Federal Secretariat and National ), it's about time the federal government divest from Lagos state and invest in less developed part of Nigeria.

Sell the redundant refineries and shares in the NLNG to contribute at least 40% of the cost of railway construction.

Jonathan or Buhari – who signed the Azura Power Partial Risk Guarantee?
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/405848-fact-check-jonathan-or-buhari-who-signed-the-azura-power-partial-risk-guarantee.html

Nigeria settles dispute over construction of Mambilla hydro plant
https://www.esi-africa.com/industry-sectors/generation/nigeria-settles-dispute-over-construction-of-mambilla-hydro-plant/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meningitis: NCDC Issues Warning To Nigerians About Kissing / Woman Shares Story Of Her Son With Partially Damaged Brain / FG Introduces Pain-relieving Drug For Cancer, HIV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.