Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? (47868 Views)

Do You Think Wizkid “made In Lagos” Album Worth The Long Wait And Hypes? Finally / Do You Think Wizkid Can Afford A Private Jet And A Porsche? / Davido Vs Wizkid: 8 Reasons Why We Think Wizkid Is Better Than Davido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by tfash96(m): 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2020
It's hightime he started hiring them oo or else Davido still has so many years of relevance ahead of him... The last music I loved that Wizkid performed in it is Ma lo with Tiwa Savage.. All those ones he's been releasing after Ma lo be it single or remix he's just been using AGIDI to stay on top or still be relevant

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Ofadaman(m): 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2020
Most songs from Nigerian artiste just hyped , so it's good music for some time and then you can't even listen to it next year.

This is why Tu baba is still the best, you can still listen to his first album and enjoy it , it's classic and timeless. This is what music should be, not jump up and down shouting nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Jaymoney5000(m): 3:08pm On Aug 01, 2020
shadrach77:
Wizkid is finished musically. He is living on past glory. The mistake he made with his career was leaving EME/Banky W early instead of allowing Banky nature him to further growth

We will never see the EME Wizkid again undecided

The banky w you're talking about..... where is he today musically?
U dey jonce man!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Nodogragra4me(m): 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2020
lilmax:
If wizkid need song writers, it means davido needs millions of song writers grin

Imagine listening to songs like Betty butter, in the future, that's TRASH, he doesn't even have one classic song grin

Wizkid song "smile" went well with me, it's a classic

He doesn't make music about shouting anymore

I prefer his calm music now, that's growth cool

Davido is by far better when it comes to content .... Lyrics

Place any of WizKid current hit side by side davido and point out the theme of both songs and how the lyrics did justice to it

2 Likes

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by poiunt: 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2020
Musically, wizkid is dead.... No hit songs when compared to davido

2 Likes

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2020
Most Nigerian based musicians need better songs. I am tired of listening to songs based on drugs, alcohol, money and women especially singing about their backsides and stuff like that

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by poiunt: 3:12pm On Aug 01, 2020
Sochimaobim:
He doesn’t need any song writer. He only needs to sit his ass down and write a better song for himself. He definitely has the talent to do that, just that he’s become lazy lately. Who will blame him though?

He is not lazy...it is because he is signed to a foreign record label who is always changing his sounds and promoting him outside nigeria

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by micxwell(m): 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2020
Seunfretty:
Great point ...although his music life is actually non of my business...but let me make my little opinion known here.... Am a very big lover of wizkid and am sure millions are also..but am not a lover of him cos he can compose good lyrics but only cos his a sweet singer and his gat vibes...let me be sincere with you...."wizkid has always been a freestyle artiste"...from the days of "tease me" and likes...go back and listen to him well.....even till this moment go check most of his song lyrics u will notice they are mostly meaningless....now that is a trend and sincere I ave little idea about music and I can tell u"hip hop" is one of the few music genre you can do without really having a true music skill...with good vibe....beat and fan base u are good to go....the major reason why pple are beginning to complain is cos some talented artiste have ignited a standard in the Nigerian hip hop ....now listen to pple like...simi....Joeboy, .... Fireboy...Peruzzi...mayokun...teni...this pple are outright song writers and they keep giving hits with nt just good beats but powerful lyrics... wizkid was and is never a composer....."joro" for example trended cos of his popularity cos the music and lyrics was total rubbing...at a point he changed to the fela like afro hip hop but he still couldn't express it well....he will really need to employ a good song writer cos as it stands ...real talents keeps springing up and if he isn't delivering so well with his fame....pple will simple look away finally
cool ..................FACT......................

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2020
richiemcgold:
good beats and great voice can only make you shine for sometime, but only good lyrics can make a music star shine forever. Not only WizKid, but all Nigerian hiphop artists should work on their lyrics. It is not only 'my baby' 'my Ferrari' or 'my money' we want to hear from their songs. They should take a cue from legends like Bob Marley, fela and others whose songs are still popular till today.
as for WizKid, i'm one of his biggest fans but i must admit that he is already loosing it. He is a good singer, no doubt, but he is not a good musician and he isn't a great songwriter either. More than 80% of Nigerian afro hiphop artists are also like that, including Davido, olamide, zlatan, tiwa and others. My respect goes to tuface, burna, sound sultan, asa, Duncan mighty, MI and some very few others.

The saying goes that you can't give what you don't have.

From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks.

The only things in their minds are, "my baby, my Ferrari, my money, my house, weed"

It isn't a coincidence that both Wizkid and Davido are both baby daddies to multiple women.

I'm not sure the two of them can survive the next 5-10 years, professionally of course.

3 Likes

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Chris2863(m): 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2020
Mikelarteta:
I don’t think so. I got this FTC because that Righteous moniker will not comment on this thread.
I swear... It seems the guy no get handwork
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by ikorodureporta: 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2020
Wizzy is overrated like those foreign artistes we listen to. Can't blast his song at home

He shld try & move away from that fela-styled music, & use good producers for his videos

wetin be joro,joro,joro,joro..... x i no even know
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 3:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
Although Drake never came closer after the recording of that song by failing to appear in the Music Video, Wizkid's "Come Closer" was an instant hit.
grin grin grin

OP the 'Weekend' writer.

2 Likes

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Masterkernel1: 3:21pm On Aug 01, 2020
lilmax:
If wizkid need song writers, it means davido needs millions of song writers grin

Imagine listening to songs like Betty butter, in the future, that's TRASH, he doesn't even have one classic song grin

Take a breath! Every societies all over the world enjoy different genres of music.

Lil Wayne, Birdman and many others makes noise, yet they've won Grammy Award. It depends on what sells per time.
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Walexdubia(m): 3:21pm On Aug 01, 2020
lilmax:

To me having a songwriter isn't a crime,even songwriting is a profession for some people just as singing is a profession for some .A lot of artists in the US and other foreign countries also make use of song writer, the main priority is that the artist is a able to deliver a good music...

Even in the US, it's rare to see an artist produce an album by himself alone, they need the job of songwriters and even people help them to do interludes also, some rappers even use singers as to help them with chorus and the rest.....

How do u think some artists are able to come up with 17 tracks or more in an album. Lol u think everything is only by themselves and the next year the same artist might drop another album...

Even rappers help rappers write lyrics,

3 Likes

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Incandescent(m): 3:23pm On Aug 01, 2020
shadrach77:
Wizkid is finished musically. He is living on past glory. The mistake he made with his career was leaving EME/Banky W early instead of allowing Banky nature him to further growth

Ode..na you finish am lyrically abi?

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 01, 2020
shadrach77:

Ojuelegba ft Banky W
Those glorious days ehn cheesy
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 01, 2020
Ofadaman:
Most songs from Nigerian artiste just hyped , so it's good music for some time and then you can't even listen to it next year.

This is why Tu baba is still the best, you can still listen to his first album and enjoy it , it's classic and timeless. This is what music should be, not jump up and down shouting nonsense.
Totori me one time 'To' grin
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Happyfela(m): 3:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
2020 you still want EME WizKid... Village people cha
shadrach77:

2 Likes

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Teddyaiyez(m): 3:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
Still the best though ✌�
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Parada: 3:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
shadrach77:

This one pass foolish talk na lunatic rant. Wizzy is doing beta than Banky n all his act put together.

2 Likes

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by meobizy(f): 3:28pm On Aug 01, 2020
If an artiste doesn’t like how he sounds then they can write his verse to their liking. I like the guy for that reason. He sounds different depending on which artiste he gets featured by. Burna Boy is also following the same example. Nigerian fans are pretty loyal, whatever you sound like means nothing to them. They will quickly accept you regardless. The other one has released many trash songs, but his fan base is quick to sweep them under the rug.
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by angelfallz(m): 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2020
Guys please, in Nigeria it's not about lyrics. Just have a song with good dancing beats, basically a club banger, if you want sing rubbish majority don't care your song would blow. See Rema.
Having said that, I think it's obvious something is up with Wizkid.
And I agree with the OP, Wizkid's music has been slacking for a very long time.

We should also pray for him, you can't call yourself a Wizkid fan but you don't remember him in your prayers.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Anijay1212(m): 3:33pm On Aug 01, 2020
cheesy cheesy
Mikelarteta:
I don’t think so. I got this FTC because that Righteous moniker will not comment on this thread.
grin
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Liposure: 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2020
Whats my own
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Brunicekid(m): 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

Davido is by far better when it comes to content .... Lyrics

Place any of WizKid current hit side by side davido and point out the theme of both songs and how the lyrics did justice to it

Davido's fans-in-view
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Chirowman(m): 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2020
that's life for you everything in life has its season. if you began listening to music from 80s ,90,early 2000 you will trust me that those who produced hit songs have all backed out . Wizkid should be preparing himself and label for retirement he has made the money , whether song writter or not his time in music is packing up.His a great artist that can't be joked with the only thing keeping him is old Glory .

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Mo3891: 3:37pm On Aug 01, 2020
Finally someone speaking sense... He needs song writters and there is no shame in that, he also needs a vacation or rehabilitation.. far away from drugs
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Danwakae(m): 3:40pm On Aug 01, 2020
Pimpmaride:
The OP shud hire brain hawkers too

Na ur own worst pass .... Everybody have that 'stuff' in a particular musician that trickle their fancy , as such, to the OP, in his own opinion , he no longer sees that in Wizkid's new pattern...A Babbar told me same thing in uromi, Edo State, that , the Miz of our local language like pidgin, Yoruba in Wizkid's chorus always strikes him to like Wizkid songs...Generally, Nigerians are more concerned on the beat and not really the message , which most musicians tries to meet up with rather than the songs...I expected to the OP to have also look at it from that angle also.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Sambaby7640: 3:41pm On Aug 01, 2020
Tobimercy:

[/color]A few years after his first hit song, Wizkid went ahead to release more hits which cemented his name among the Top award-winning African Artistes, became a certified hit-maker and got a fanbase which identifies themselves as Wizkid FC.[color=#000099]
lol
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Bahamas95(m): 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2020
I wonder the kain advice wey you go give artiste like KCee grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Don Jazzy Insists On Sex Before Marriage To Ascertain Sexual Compatibility / Osita Iheme Dancing On Stage With Oyinbo Lady In Rwanda (Photos) / Flavour Strolls With His Dog In Front Of His Apartment (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.