Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,348 members, 7,780,937 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:52 AM

Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? (47817 Views)

Do You Think Wizkid “made In Lagos” Album Worth The Long Wait And Hypes? Finally / Do You Think Wizkid Can Afford A Private Jet And A Porsche? / Davido Vs Wizkid: 8 Reasons Why We Think Wizkid Is Better Than Davido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Onnasucs1(m): 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2020
True
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Farki: 3:45pm On Aug 01, 2020
I have tried being a song writer for someone and he just told me honestly.

Your lyrics are good but Nigerians don't care, you can write any nonsense but as long as they can dance to it you will blow
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by iTearHerToto: 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2020
Wetin songwriter wan give baba zion wey him never sing before
Plus every musician fades maybe this is just the start for him but I pray it doesn't end so

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by SeunAdeniyi1(m): 3:50pm On Aug 01, 2020
Why is that?
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by MENTORCH(m): 3:53pm On Aug 01, 2020
shadrach77:
Wizkid is finished musically. He is living on past glory. The mistake he made with his career was leaving EME/Banky W early instead of allowing Banky nature him to further growth

We will never see the EME Wizkid again undecided

Nah! He has done really well for himself after leaving EME, even though he hasn’t given us major hit albums like his first album.
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by GeneralPula: 4:00pm On Aug 01, 2020
Like say him no dey use them before..
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Mike008(m): 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2020
Those hits songs that made him Wizkid where you the songwriter he hired?

Wizkids international fame came as a result of his talent, otherwise he won't be getting a collabo from Drake in the first place.

No matter how many 'ifs' and 'buts', you count, Wizkid will always remain way up there, as King.

This post just reminds me how Chelsea fans will not accept United have been better in the premier league last season despite finishing above them in 3rd position.
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by ncoolsome(m): 4:11pm On Aug 01, 2020
shadrach77:
Wizkid is finished musically. He is living on past glory. The mistake he made with his career was leaving EME/Banky W early instead of allowing Banky nurture him to further growth

We will never see the EME Wizkid again undecided

And the banky w that nurtures what tangible hit has he had lately??
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Austeeenxx: 4:14pm On Aug 01, 2020
I'm surprised Wizkid is the only one you had to single out among all the trashy artistes in Nigeria.
Las las na Starboy go finally be the cause of una hypertension.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by sheyitokz(m): 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2020
music spirit don dey comot for that nigga body just dat he cnt just announce his retirement in the music industry

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Bestcreamreview: 4:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
Wizkid can write good songs, I think what he needs right now is inspiration. He hasn't written a good song in years but some of his old songs are great. The person who really needs a songwriter is Yemi alade, that woman has the voice of an angel but she's misusing it, someone with a great voice like Yemi shouldn't be singing gibberish like abrokoto brokoto and so on. Shekere was pretty good but I think she really needs a songwriter, she's wasting her voice.

3 Likes

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by chatinent: 4:22pm On Aug 01, 2020
NP: Simi and Falz - Mind your business.
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by LagBae(f): 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2020
I agree. I love Wizkid as an artiste, but these days, his lyrics are beginning to sound the same and predictable. He needs more unique lyrics not just beats else he's bound to slowly fade out.
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by sheyitokz(m): 4:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
Rallyman:
His pride will not allow him...... Lol grin grin grin
EYIN AYEE OOO
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2020
NisforNicky:
angry

this one dat sings meaningless songs and gibberish.
May I know, who's your best artist right now wink
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by LagosXYZ: 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2020
CraftParty:

Source: https://trendybeatz.com/music-reviews/152/don%27t-you-think-wizkid-should-start-hiring-songwriters?

You settle down to write all this without suggesting one single verse for him..... Some Journalists have the most sadistic mindset in the world.
Siddon there dey write grammar while wizzy drops Iyeye ye and cash out heavily.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by DimIsaac10(m): 4:37pm On Aug 01, 2020
So you feel Whizkid writes all his songs? Mtcheew. Even Rihanna doesn't.
N y do you feel whizkid is more talented?. Bloggers n trash.
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by DimIsaac10(m): 4:37pm On Aug 01, 2020
So you feel Whizkid writes all his songs? Mtcheew. Even Rihanna doesn't.
N y do you feel whizkid is more talented?. Bloggers n trash.
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by jey4all(m): 4:38pm On Aug 01, 2020
Sochimaobim:
He doesn’t need any song writer. He only needs to sit his ass down and write a better song for himself. He definitely has the talent to do that, just that he’s become lazy lately. Who will blame him though?
money don too much

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by omenka(m): 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2020

Wizkid's inconsistency started when he began to sought-after international recognition after presumably having a strong African Fan base and a firm grip on the African Audience.

Dont know if I'm the only one seeing the nonsense that is this statement.

You say he started seeking INTERNATIONAL recognition after having a strong AFRICAN fan base. It sort of diminishes Africa, reducing it to a COUNTRY even though it is a continent comprising many different countries. Therefore, having an AFRICAN fan base means he already has an INTERNATIONAL fan base.

What should have been written there was that he started seeking INTERCONTINENTAL recognition and not international.

Bloggers, learn to choose your words wisely. A little bleep could make the difference between a good article and a total trash.

4 Likes

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Mvena(f): 4:57pm On Aug 01, 2020
Nothing concern am. Local man just dey sing as the cruise dey come, na the beat una want so forget the lyrics
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Mokason28: 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2020
Badlimo:
weed is not drug bro
Are you sure weed is the only thing he takes?
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by bizhop01: 5:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
I wake up in the middle night i see nigeria on fire cool
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2020
Wizkid is 30. Music is for the young
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Badlimo(m): 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2020
Mokason28:

Are you sure weed is the only thing he takes?
if it wasn't you would know
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by earnit1: 5:42pm On Aug 01, 2020
thrash
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by planetx: 5:48pm On Aug 01, 2020
Rubbish music all he sings about is baby this baby that my woman sexy lady just the same nonsense. It gets boring after a while, at least Davido is more versatile and diverse not one dimensional.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Abagworo(m): 5:48pm On Aug 01, 2020
Apart from Davido's "Back Then" featuring Naeto C which he claimed writing and production credit I don't know of any other song he wrote or produced. It's better for an established artist to buy songs using paid listeners to evaluate possible hits if he wants consistency. Rihanna, Beyonce, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Taylor Swift, Chris Brown et al made timeless classics using hired writers and producers with their own little contribution.

1 Like

Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 01, 2020
wizard kid doesn't want to sing forever, he needs money, maybe join politics later in life, let his mumu fans keep ranting, they will be forgotten.

Salvation is personal, do those foolish fans think he survives on their 10 10 kobo.
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Ishilove: 5:57pm On Aug 01, 2020
Mikelarteta:
I don’t think so. I got this FTC because that Righteous moniker will not comment on this thread.
Lmaaaao
Re: Don't You Think Wizkid Should Start Hiring Songwriters? by Nodogragra4me(m): 6:00pm On Aug 01, 2020
Brunicekid:
Davido's fans-in-view

That latest song from WizKid that a lady was dancing on the street ... Copy and paste the lyrics and davido song with that Jamaican guy and compare both for meaning

Then go back a bit and copy

Chioma my wife o lyrics and compare with any come closer with drake

Compare gobe and that Tinubu ne Eleni
Fashola ne Eleni lyrics

Do this for ten of their hit songs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pamela Ofoegbu Is Dead, EbonyLife TV's Head of Programming / “stop Listening To Nigerian Music” – Huddah Monroe Tells Other African Countries / Tboss Visits Her Family In Romania For Easter (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.