Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:42 PM

Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? (32572 Views)

How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? / Between "Barbing And Phone Repair" Which One Is More Lucrative To Learn / Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Hushmalay(m): 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2020
oluwaseyi0:
Barbing, ready-made and china-imported cloth is really competing/destroying tailoring also some people may not sew cloth more than once per year why they wear ones in thier wardrobe for years

Barbering has no major competitor, and guys must barb at least once a month

Anyone you choose ensure you are good at it
once a month bawo lol
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by kasim155: 3:47pm On Aug 01, 2020
Both are good but I would prefer Tailoring
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Angelfrost(m): 3:48pm On Aug 01, 2020
You can actually learn both if you so desire... The one that gives your joy can become your mainstay.
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Oracleforce: 3:49pm On Aug 01, 2020
Learn the two or more so that if one no pay the other one go pay...you fit learn only one job for this country....if some people tell you how many work wey them dey do, you go shocked like Bihari but then still never reach
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by DisLifeSha: 3:49pm On Aug 01, 2020
Forget about Fiverr o because it's too populated
How can I market my web design skills to well to do people who want it?

warlord24:
Why can't you just learn something from the tech industry.. even if its only GRAPHIC DESIGN OR WEB DESIGN.

1 Like

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by haiti007(m): 3:50pm On Aug 01, 2020
nastyking:
Barbing vs Tailoring which is advisable to learn for a 20 year old guy. All opinions are acceptable

Sorry to digress, but I'll advise you go for hair stylist popularly known as hair dresser. The way females are rushing to guys who are into this business and are good at it is huge.
You'll make your cool cash everyday cool

1 Like

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by iCauseTrouble: 3:50pm On Aug 01, 2020
ikorodureporta:

Really?? U forgot d Baba's that used to cut our hair when we were kids....
Their friends still prefer going to them
Lol. They are somehow obsolete now. Most youths won't give their hair to grandpa to barb except dey wan barb abolo

3 Likes

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by edoairways: 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2020
oluwaseyi0:
Barbing, ready-made and china-imported cloth is really competing/destroying tailoring also some people may not sew cloth more than once per year why they wear ones in thier wardrobe for years

Barbering has no major competitor, and guys must barb at least once a month

Anyone you choose ensure you are good at it
Not all guys barb their hair once in a month

1 Like

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by frozen70(f): 3:51pm On Aug 01, 2020
nastyking:
Barbing vs Tailoring which is advisable to learn for a 20 year old guy. All opinions are acceptable

Tailoring is a creative and more profitable if you will bend down and focus on it

Barbing is also good but not really profitable unless you are ready to charge less for more patronage, remember you needs generator no matter how small it will be

You can learn both and get a big shop to run the two

But if you can't get a big shop, a container will be ok if you learn any of them
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by edoairways: 3:53pm On Aug 01, 2020
haiti007:

Sorry to digress, but I'll advise you go for hair stylist popularly known as hair dresser. The way females are rushing to guys who are into this business and are good at it is huge.
You'll make your cool cash everyday cool
That is because most guys are patient whereas most ladies are the opposite

1 Like

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by kenk15: 3:53pm On Aug 01, 2020
Idiot go and learn yahoo
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Stanzingerzy(m): 3:53pm On Aug 01, 2020
Come with 70k, one cartoon and 2parket of carbin biscuit, i will teach how to sew and produce SCHOOL BAG, AND LUNCH, BOTH PRIMARY AND SECONDARY, Thank me latter after 2months and 2weeks. 07015709906.

2 Likes

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Bahamas95(m): 3:55pm On Aug 01, 2020
Both of them are ok, just pray make God bless your legit hustle.....I don realise say life nor be by just hustling dem take dey make am, grace dey very necessary. Be the best in whatever you do that's all.

6 Likes

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by haiti007(m): 3:57pm On Aug 01, 2020
edoairways:

That is because most guys are patient whereas most ladies are the opposite

You have a point. I'm sure they will learn their lessons in a hard after guys must have taken up all their customers
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Ouchbabe(f): 3:58pm On Aug 01, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

To me I recommend barbing anyday anytime twice on Saturday

Niggarzz will always want a nice cut and shave till the end of time
If you can set up a type of barbing saloon that looks dope
Like the one set up by ice cube in that movie tittled " barbers shop"
If you can set up such funny environment like that barbers shop then where ever you are located i will come and have a nice cut....
Love that movie so much ft ice cube, Nicky Minaj, Cedric the entertainer, Michael ealy, queen latifah, Regina hall, Anthony Anderson, common Rashid, drain cole and Michael reiny
Seconded.
Oga Damnnnn Nigaaaar pls do you have a phone you are not using? I need one urgently oo but na for dash grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by philos(m): 3:59pm On Aug 01, 2020
As a private school teacher, I discovered that I actually belong to the category of unemployed persons.

I decided to go learn tailoring (female), and I saw a lady, who brought materials for 5 different clothes. My Oga charged her 10k for each, (according to my Oga, the lady customer is his wife's colleague, so he charged her as low as 10k per cloth.)
I don't know if a barber could make that 50k within the 6 days it took my Oga to complete the clothes.

I think tailoring is better.

4 Likes

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by BanevsJoker(m): 3:59pm On Aug 01, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

To me I recommend barbing anyday anytime twice on Saturday

Niggarzz will always want a nice cut and shave till the end of time
If you can set up a type of barbing saloon that looks dope
Like the one set up by ice cube in that movie tittled " barbers shop"
If you can set up such funny environment like that barbers shop then where ever you are located i will come and have a nice cut....
Love that movie so much ft ice cube, Nicky Minaj, Cedric the entertainer, Michael ealy, queen latifah, Regina hall, Anthony Anderson, common Rashid, drain cole and Michael reiny
Nicki Minaj, Regina Hall and Common no dey BARBERSHOP pls.
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Goalnaldo(m): 4:00pm On Aug 01, 2020
Heistman:
u mean make he join d
long queue dey beg ppl to com do logo for 2k and website for less than 10k?
grin cheesy
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Brunosamel(m): 4:02pm On Aug 01, 2020
nastyking:

I learnt how to barb when I was in jss 3, my brother owns a barbbing shop... This year is making it 14 years since I started barbbing... I have trained not less than 7 boys.....

It really helped me to go through the university, graduated last year December will be going for service next year....

I can attest if you learn how to barb you will never regret it, it is very lucrative, even during the lockdown i was making dope.... you will never go hungry in life if you know what you doing.... As am typing this I have already made 6k today

I saving up to open my own barbing shop and empower young adults cuz it is the way to go....

All thanks to my brother whom helped my life, the boy never goes broke.....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Harbeeorlar(m): 4:04pm On Aug 01, 2020
Says who? Then who are the men giving us job? Any job have its potential customers and whatever you do, be good at it.
laosy:
You should opt for barbing as a guy, unless you want to sow ladies wear too cuz guys barely sow.
We buy ready made jeans and top and we're good. Barbing on the other hand is easier to learn and set up within a short time, and definitely people barb daily but people doesn't sow daily.
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by edoairways: 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2020
haiti007:

You have a point. I'm sure they will learn their lessons in a hard after guys must have taken up all their customers
They wouldn't bro, most ladies hate themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by adanny01(m): 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2020
miqos02:
barbing is better, you get work daily no matter the economic situation, people will still cut their hair.

And ppl don't wear clothes in tough economic conditions.
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by NSNA: 4:10pm On Aug 01, 2020
Barbing.
Some barbers abroad earn more than many Nigerian professors legitimately.

1 Like

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by alizma: 4:11pm On Aug 01, 2020
nastyking:
If you are prepared to learn and be good at it, go for tailoring. In addition you need to be social but if you are not social or you are an "introvert " go for barbing
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by chatinent: 4:12pm On Aug 01, 2020
Both have their prons and cons. For example, many people don't patronize tailors, they go for already-made clothes. Why? It's cost-effective. The cost to buy materials and sew a cloth can get you more clothes. The capital to start is a bit much after learning too because you'll have to find a good location (high rent) and buy machines. There are successful tailors but believe me, they've gone a very long way.
In barbing, after learning, you must get a gen., a shop and equipment. Being successful can really take a while but it's worth more than nothing.
I will suggest few things. For tailoring, also trade already-made clothes. This way, you can gain from two ways.

In barbing, try hiring female hair-dressers (pay by commission).

I wish you success!

5 Likes

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by miqos02(m): 4:14pm On Aug 01, 2020
calm down friend, no be fight
adanny01:

And ppl don't wear clothes in tough economic conditions.
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by TGMISKY(m): 4:17pm On Aug 01, 2020
Just be good at anyone you learn. With that you'd have many customers. Both are quite lucrative.
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by justmykel(m): 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2020
Matheusmartin:
If I were u, I'll go into ICT..
The two above seem over saturated already except u are very skilled and stand out..

At the Bolden, what niche would you recommend for starter?
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Drizzy5001(m): 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2020
For me I choose tailoring.
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by haiti007(m): 4:26pm On Aug 01, 2020
edoairways:

They wouldn't bro, most ladies hate themselves.
Lol
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by wfjimmytobby(m): 4:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
kiddkash:
depends on your location

where i live, people barb their hair for N2,000

and many people troop into the salon everyday
...modafuckers that's fucking expensive for a hair cut..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Biochemistry Graduate Under Pressure To Study Nursing; Please Advise / Proud Mother And Her Three Uniformed Sons (Photo) / Female Police Officers Show How Ready They Are For 2023 General Elections (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.