Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? (32697 Views)

How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? / Between "Barbing And Phone Repair" Which One Is More Lucrative To Learn / Hair Dressing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by vhuqnl(m): 4:29pm On Aug 01, 2020
If possible, both , start with barbin
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Zubydo: 4:34pm On Aug 01, 2020
DadojoReloaded:
As a barber, you could make upto 5k daily or more depending on your location. You'll have less problems and police cases with clients, nobody will arrest you for barbing their hair wrongly.

As a tailor, you could make up to 5k or more daily, depending on your location, but you'll have lots of sleepless nights, trying to meetup with customer's deadlines, lots of issues with unsatisfied clients, including police cases.

Tho choice is yours to make.

Do Police arrest Tailors? Lol

1 Like

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by laosy(m): 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
Says who? Then who are the men giving us job? Any job have its potential customers and whatever you do, be good at it.
Yeah, every work has it's targeted audience.
I just suggested that cuz barbing is easier, and you earn daily money with less stress
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by mariahAngel(f): 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2020
nastyking:
Barbing vs Tailoring which is advisable to learn for a 20 year old guy. All opinions are acceptable

Barbing is more lucrative for sure

Between the space of 2-3 weeks, most guys are likely to get a haircut or at least a shave, which means he's likely to earn some money everyday.
Unlike clothes making that is seasonal.

1 Like

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Filmdirect: 4:58pm On Aug 01, 2020
nastyking:
Barbing vs Tailoring which is advisable to learn for a 20 year old guy. All opinions are acceptable

Anywhere in this world, barbing services will serve you well. I know a Nigerian, came to the US, became a barber. Very good at it. Built a house and three other rentals. He stopped though, which I still think is a shame. Become great at barbing, learn how to barb different hair textures from different races, you wouldn't regret it.

Know another person. Fashion designer. Struggling. Why? Because it takes more to be successful in that arena. More upfront money, more connections to expand and market; network events, conferences, fashion shows, if you want to be more than a "tailor." For a fashion designer you have to become a name to be financially successful. That takes a lot of time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 01, 2020
warlord24:
Why can't you just learn something from the tech industry.. even if its only GRAPHIC DESIGN OR WEB DESIGN.
Never lean away from the future, and the future is technology. I don't know what is wrong with our youth, they can be on all sorts of social media platforms but can't take time to learn a basic computer skills.
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Chuukwudi(m): 5:00pm On Aug 01, 2020
DadojoReloaded:
As a barber, you could make upto 5k daily or more depending on your location. You'll have less problems and police cases with clients, nobody will arrest you for barbing their hair wrongly.

As a tailor, you could make up to 5k or more daily, depending on your location, but you'll have lots of sleepless nights, trying to meetup with customer's deadlines, lots of issues with unsatisfied clients, including police cases.

Tho choice is yours to make.

� � �
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by GreatGod2020(m): 5:02pm On Aug 01, 2020
Both. are good but will the research data I have here Tailoring (Fashion Designing ) is the best. if you need more info base on analysis just text me.
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Lewisalexander(m): 5:03pm On Aug 01, 2020
oluwaseyi0:
Barbing, ready-made and china-imported cloth is really competing/destroying tailoring also some people may not sew cloth more than once per year why they wear ones in thier wardrobe for years

Barbering has no major competitor, and guys must barb at least once a month

Anyone you choose ensure you are good at it

Oil dey ur head. Barbing is goal!

1 Like

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by goshen26: 5:03pm On Aug 01, 2020
nastyking:

I would advise tailoring because Barbing is age limited, once you attain certain age guys will stop patronising you
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by samture: 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2020
DISCOVER THIS BUSINESS I'M CURRENTLY DOING AND MAKING UP TO ₦25K WEEKLY WITH MY PHONE AND FROM HOME LEGITIMATELY.
For Example:
1. Invite 1 people, you would be paid 1 x ₦1500 = ₦1,500
2. Invite 10 people, you would be paid 10 x ₦1500 = ₦15,000
3. 50 People, you would be paid 50 x ₦1500 = ₦75,000
4. 100 people, you would be paid 100 x ₦1500= ₦150,000
5. 1000 x ₦1500 = ₦1.5M
Check my Signature for more details.
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by samsam2019: 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2020
shamsin6300:
Tailoring any day anytime twice on Saturday Afternoon.
how about Sunday?
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Betterhandwork(m): 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2020

Learn barbing, easy to learn and easy to startup.just get a good location for your business.

Don't just sit at home for nothing,try and learn a skills today.you can start with Satellite dish installation, the training is an online version which you can learn at the comfort of your home.the training will open your eye to the abundant of Satellite tv you can watch without paying a dime.this training is strictly for professionals, people that want to become expert in Satellite dish/tv installation,the practical aspect as already been covered in our training videos.register today and begin your training immediately.
you can visit this nairaland thread below to read more about the training program.
you can also enroll for mobile phone repair, iPhone iPad and iPod repair, laptop repair, laptop motherboard repair and many others

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by saxywale1: 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2020
Tailoring I think. I haven't visited a barber in 3 years or so. I barb my own hair using mangroomer clipper.

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by madza: 5:33pm On Aug 01, 2020
Go with tailoring it will expand your scope of clientele, you meet more people for more business opportunities. Barbing is mostly a male customer business with more disturbances of customers some coming to play around and use your consumables for free lol.

2 Likes

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by earnit1: 5:39pm On Aug 01, 2020
none
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by sylve11: 5:40pm On Aug 01, 2020
Barbing............. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by perdollar(m): 5:42pm On Aug 01, 2020
ds one na afonja and aboki work, they can answer it for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by CrEaToRmalden(m): 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2020
warlord24:
Why can't you just learn something from the tech industry.. even if its only GRAPHIC DESIGN OR WEB DESIGN.

Life wasn't designed to be one way though.
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by izubext007: 5:54pm On Aug 01, 2020
seek the face of the Lord

2 Likes

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Small080(m): 5:54pm On Aug 01, 2020
Barbing is good and fashion designer is okay if you learn it from good designer....
There is different between tailoring and fashion designer o grin
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by aariwa(m): 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2020
Barbing.People barb every 2 weeks but get new cloths every 6 months at most

1 Like

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by bizhop01: 6:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
warlord24:
Must everyone belong in tech industry?

I believe non of top richest men in Africa are GRAPHIC DESIGNER OR WEB DESIGNER.
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
Barbing is OK
Just find good location
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by aoofbeautifulme(f): 6:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
How funny
Barbing you go cut
Tailoring you go cut
Hmmmmm
Learn both
Lol
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by abayomilaws(m): 6:21pm On Aug 01, 2020
You need to consult ifa to guide you on the one your destiny will accept... So that you won't do another person"s work.
Just thinking
Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by osazsky(m): 6:28pm On Aug 01, 2020
warlord24:
not everyone must go into tech like u.without tailor and Barbar u for b like mad person hope u get it

1 Like

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Asianjollof007: 6:33pm On Aug 01, 2020
Bro, barbing is good.. just find a good location and be good at what you doing, people must barb hair ni.. I'm currently learning the skill, there's a tailor beside our shop but I must tell you they don't make what my boss makes in a day.

1 Like

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Dreyton36: 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2020
Ask yourself which one you enjoy doing the most
Go for the one you see yourself doing in the future

1 Like

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Magormako: 6:46pm On Aug 01, 2020
How many celebrity barbers do you know. I bet you know a lot of celebrity fashion designers.

Just master the craft, get good branding and you are a boss.

I know a hustler who used to sell fairly used clothing, but now, he has mastered the art of making suits. He doesn't sell any less than 60k and most of his customers are based overseas.

If you become a barber, you will make money, but your growth will be limited.

1 Like

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Coldfeets: 6:47pm On Aug 01, 2020
I'd go for tailoring.

It's a more highly skilled than barbing.

And I think it has more customer potentials too.

1 Like

Re: Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? by Burgerlomo: 6:48pm On Aug 01, 2020
nastyking:

Barbing anyday anytime cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of A Taxi Driver With No Legs Spotted In Lagos By A Nairalander / Employees That Slept With Their Bosses, How Did It End? / Felicia Chidi, Commercial Vehicle Driver And How She Lost Her Estate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.