Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,885 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses (64400 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonofElElyon:
thanks for your opinion Mr non church goer..
Sorry Sir, your comment really amused me as you say someone (who spoke with conviction from the heart using the scriptures like his part of the inspired writers) has made up his mind.
So if his mind is not made up how do you think he is so vast in handling God's inspired word? cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by SonyaSpence: 4:43pm On Aug 05, 2020
Emusan:

Who introduced the text unto that verse?

Research and find the answer
Wikipedia, Encyclopedia Britannica, Americana. The answers are all there.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 5:19pm On Aug 05, 2020
I am not interested in any discourse with you please.. you are biased and subjective in your thinking...

God bless you

TATIME:

Sorry Sir, your comment really amused me as you say someone (who spoke with conviction from the heart using the scriptures like his part of the inspired writers) has made up his mind.
So if his mind is not made up how do you think he is so vast in handling God's inspired word? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonofElElyon:
I am not interested in any discourse with you please.. you are biased and subjective in your thinking...
God bless you
The OP has proved you a LIAR!

If you're not BIASED in the first place, what interests you in talks having to do with Jehovah's Witnesses? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 05, 2020
sonofElElyon:

God bless you
And you too jare, AND YOU TOO! grin grin grin
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 5:30pm On Aug 05, 2020
you can see how uncouth and aggressive you are.. you are even a bad ambassador of your sect..

the thread appeared on front page which is a place for everyone to comment. in future kindly place an "out of bounds to non Jehovah witnesses" notice so we know we are barred from commenting

Also keep your threads away from front page which is for general viewership and commenting.

Maximus69:

The OP has proved you a LIAR!

If you're not BIASED in the first place, what interests you in talks having to do with Jehovah's Witnesses? cheesy
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
Never mind, God bless you OOOOOO! cheesy
sonofElElyon:
you can see how uncouth and aggressive you are.. you are even a bad ambassador of your sect..

the thread appeared on front page which is a place for everyone to comment. in future kindly place an "out of bounds to non Jehovah witnesses" notice so we know we are barred from commenting

Also keep your threads away from front page which is for general viewership and commenting.

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
and you too..

Maximus69:
Never mind, God bless you OOOOOO! cheesy
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 05, 2020
This is one of Churchgoer funny talks.
Someone is a bad ambassador of his sect, because he belongs to a reputable group, but you never mentioned the name of your own sect o!
Shey your own sect no get name?
Abi you no be ambassador of your own sect?cheesy cheesy cheesy
sonofElElyon:
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
TATIME:
Someone is a bad ambassador of his sect, because he belongs to a reputable group, but you never mentioned the name of your own sect o!
It's like only Jehovah's Witnesses needs to be good ambassadors of their sect, others can just go about with their lawlessness! Matthew 5:13-16 grin

1 Like

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Janosky: 10:28pm On Aug 05, 2020
potent5:
Whatever. It doesn't change the deceptive teachings you people propagate. It doesn't change the lies in your translation of the Bible. It doesn't change the fact that the founder of JW was a high ranking illuminati. It doesn't change the fact that JW is a place for devilish indoctrination, where people live in pretense. It doesn't change the fact that JW are...
You have run out of gas to defend your Triune pagan DELUSION grin

Please continue to console yourself with false claims.... grin
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Janosky: 10:34pm On Aug 05, 2020
Jonasbadoo:
You're funny i swear
Talking as if you were the one that translated the Bible
How are you so sure that your twisted doctrine you call JW Bible is authentic self ?
Abeg next time ,get small sense
grin
1 Corinthians 3:23
"You belong to Christ. In turn,Christ belongs to God."
Almighty God is not accountable to anybody.
But,Jesus Christ in heaven is accountable to his God and Father , like every other creature.

Na Bible SENSE be that wey you reject grin grin

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Janosky: 11:39pm On Aug 05, 2020
Myer:

You're quite predictable. I knew you would single out verses which suit your idea of the Holyspirit while ignoring those that represent him as a person.
I will help you all the same. Take your time to study further.

John 15:26
But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.

Acts 13:2
While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, qthe Holy Spirit said, r“Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul sfor the work to which I have called them.”

John 16:7-14
But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.8When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt[1] in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment:9in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me;10in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer;11and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.12"I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.14He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you.

Bros, the truth is predictable like Day and night ..Your denial is of no consequence.

I've done extensive research on this issue and even Trinitarians AGREE that Romans 8:16,26 , John 1:32 KJV is the perfect translation of Greek Pneuma "Spirit".
https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets/is-god-a-trinity/why-the-holy-spirit-is-sometimes-incorrectly-referred-to-as-he-and-him

Anywhere you see "He ,or him(self)" for holy spirit, at John 15:26, John 16:7-14 etc, know this today ,Bros, na FRAUD wey your Trinitarian Bible translators do there dey DECEIVE YOU.

Exodus 8:19, The Finger of God" performed great wonders before king Pharaoh's very eyes, Bros go and read the commentaries of your Trinitarian Bible Scholars about that epoch making event and STOP DECEIVING YOURSELF grin grin
The words of Jesus @ Luke 11:20 and Matthew 12:28 still dey your Bible?

The Finger of God is Yahweh's means of transmitting His thoughts, etc to His servants.

Acts 13:2, is not a direct one on one dialogue.
Compare Acts 13:2 and Acts 9:4-6, can you spot the difference?

Acts 9:4-6 is a direct one on one dialogue between two persons, whereas Acts 13:2 is not grin

If your finger get mouth to talk, whom am I to cure your DELUSION grin

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 12:43am On Aug 06, 2020
1. we have reconciled.

2. I said so because of the first part of my post before the part you bolded.

3. next time comprehend the post you want to mention..

TATIME:

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ospido: 6:24am On Aug 06, 2020
sonofElElyon:
I have said I won't reply you anymore but you keep presenting materials that your sect has provided to prove its erroneous assertion

This is one of the most common verses of contention between the Jehovah's Witnesses and Christians. Their false assumption is that Jesus is not God in flesh but Michael the archangel who became a man.  Therefore, since they deny that Jesus is divine, they have altered the Bible in John 1:1 so that Jesus is not divine in nature.  The New World Translation has added the word "a" to the verse so that it says, " . . . and the Word was a god."  The correct translation of this verse is "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God."  This is how it is rendered in the NASB, NIV, KJV, NKJV, ASV, RSV, etc.

The New World translation is incorrect in its translation of this verse for several reasons.  First of all, the Bible teaches a strict monotheism.  To say that Jesus is "a god" is to suggest that there is another god besides YHWH, which is contrary to scripture Isaiah 43:10; 44:6, 8, etc.. Of course, the Jehovah's Witnesses will respond that Jesus is not the Almighty God, but a "lesser" kind of God.  He is the "mighty God" as is referenced in Isaiah 9:6, "For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us, and the government will rest on His shoulders, and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."  Therefore, they say that Jesus is the mighty god but not the Almighty God.

The immediate problem with this explanation is that YHWH is also called the Mighty God in Jeremiah 32:18 and Isaiah 10:21.  In all three verses, including Isaiah 9:6, the Hebrew word for "mighty" (gibbor) is used.

Isaiah 10:20-21, "Now it will come about in that day that the remnant of Israel, and those of the house of Jacob who have escaped, will never again rely on the one who struck them, but will truly rely on the LORD, the Holy One of Israel.  21A remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, to the mighty God."

Jer. 32:18, "who showest lovingkindness to thousands, but repayest the iniquity of fathers into the bosom of their children after them, O great and mighty God, the LORD of hosts is His name."

We can see that the Jehovah's Witness explanation is not valid; both the Son and God are called the Mighty God.

Furthermore, how many actual gods are there in scripture?  The obvious answer is that there is only one God in existence.  Though there are others who have been falsely called gods 1 Cor. 8:5-6 or even said to be "as God" like Moses (Ex. 4:16; 7:1, there is only one real God Gal. 4:8-9; Isaiah 44:6, 8. If Jesus is "a god" that was "with God" in the beginning, then is Jesus a true god or a false god?

But, the Jehovah's Witnesses often claim that Jesus is a god in the sense that Moses was called a god; but, Moses was not called a god.  Rather, he would be "as God."

"Moreover, he shall speak for you to the people; and it shall come about that he shall be as a mouth for you, and you shall be as God to him." Exodus 4:16

"Then the Lord said to Moses, 'See, I make you as God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.'" Exodus 7:1

Why was Moses going "as God" to Pharaoh?  Because Moses was given the authority and power to display powerful miracles that decimated much of Egypt.  Was Moses really a god?  Being "as God" with regard to the power given to perform miracles over Egypt is not the same thing as being called "a god" that was in the beginning with God. John 1:1

John was a strict Jew, a monotheist. Does the Jehovah's Witness really think that John would be saying that there was another God besides Jehovah even if it were Jesus? Being raised a good Jew, the Apostle John would never believe that there was more than one God in existence. Yet, he compared the word with God, said the word was God, and that the word became flesh John 1:1, 14

John 1:1 in a literal translation reads thus:  "In beginning was the word, and the word was with the God, and God was the word."  Notice that it says "God was the word." This is the actual word-for-word translation.  It is not saying that "a god was the word."  That wouldn't make sense.  Let me break it down into three statements.

"In beginning was the word . . . " 
(en    arche      en  ho  logos)

A very simple statement that the Word was in the beginning.

"and the word was with the God . . . "
(kai  ho  logos  en  pros ton theon)

This same Word was with God.

"and God was the word."-Properly translated as "and the Word was God."
(kai theos en   ho  logos)

This same Word was God.

Regarding statement 3 above, the correct English translation is " . . . and the Word was God" and not "and God was the word."  This is because if there is only one definite article "ho"="the" in a clause where two nouns are in the nominative "subject" form "theos" and "logos", then the noun with the definite article "ho"="the" is the subject.  In this case "ho logos" means that "the word" is the subject of the clause.  Therefore, " . . . the Word was God" is the correct translation and not "God was the Word."1 But this does not negate the idea that John is speaking of only one God, not two, even though the Jehovah's Witnesses maintain that Jesus is "a god" or the "mighty god" as was addressed above.

Is there suddenly a new god in the text of John 1:1?  It is the same God that is being spoken of in part 2 as in part 3.  How do the Jehovah's Witnesses maintain that the word had somehow become a god in this context since there is only one God mentioned? Remember, the Jehovah's Witnesses teach that Jesus was Michael the Archangel.  Therefore, is there any place in the Bible where an angel is called "a god" besides Satan being called the god of this world in 2 Cor. 4:3-4

John 20:28--"Thomas answered and said to Him, 'My Lord and my God!'"

In the Greek in John 20:28 Thomas said to Jesus, "ho kurios mou, kai ho theos mou," "The Lord of me, and the God of me." If Jesus was not God, but "a" god, then shouldn't Jesus have corrected Thomas?  Shouldn't Jesus have said, "No, Thomas, I am not the God.  I am a god."?  But Jesus did not.  To do so would have been ludicrous.  Nevertheless, the Jehovah's Witness will say that Thomas was so stunned by Jesus' appearance that he swore.  This is ridiculous because it means that Thomas, a devout man of God, swore in front of Jesus and used the Lord's name in vain in violation of Exodus 20:7.  This is hardly the case since we find no New Testament equivalent of a disciple of Christ using God's name in vain.

In conclusion, John 1:1 is best translated without the "a" inserted into the text.  "The Word was God" is the best translation.  This way, we do not run into the danger of polytheism with Jesus being "a god."  We do not have Thomas the disciple swearing and using God's name in vain; and, we do not have the problem of Jesus being a "mighty god" and yet not the God--even though God Himself is called the Mighty God Jeremiah 32:18; Isaiah 10:21

https://carm.org/john-1-1-word-was-god

SonofElElyon all the points you presented here to a great extent are facts yet they all disprove the Trinity doctrine rather than support it. And while some persons call what we're doing argument,we call it reasoning.
Let me begin with John 1:1. I told you in my previous comment that there is reference to God or God like and you presented them as well. So I'll use your presentation in my comments here.

1. (kai  ho  logos  en  pros ton theon) and

2. (kai theos en   ho  logos)

If theon is translated God then how can theos be translated God?

If theon is translated God why will
theos be translated God? Why not use the same Greek word?
The New World Translation and others too use such words as "a god" it also means "divine" or "godlike" because the Greek word (theos) is a singular predicate noun occurring b4 the verb and is not preceded by the definite article. This is anarthrous (theos).
The God with whom the Word, or Logos, was originally is designated here by (theos) preceded by the definite article ho. This is an articular (theos).
The articular construction of the noun points to an identity, a personality, whereas a singular anarthrous predicate noun preceding the verb points to a quality about someone. Therefore, John's statement that the Word,or Logos was "god" or "divine" or "godlike" does not mean that he was the God with whom he was. It merely express a certain quality about the Word, or Logos, but it does not identify him as one and the same as God himself.

In the Greek text there are many cases of a singular anarthrous predicate noun preceding the verb, such as those listed in the accompanying chart. In these places translators insert the indefinite article “a” before the predicate noun in order to bring out the quality or characteristic of the subject. Since the indefinite article is inserted before the predicate noun in such texts, with equal justification the indefinite article “a” is inserted before the anarthrous θεός in the predicate of John 1:1 to make it read “a god.” The Sacred Scriptures confirm the correctness of this rendering.

In his article “Qualitative Anarthrous Predicate Nouns: Mark 15:39 and John 1:1,” published in Journal of Biblical Literature, Vol. 92, Philadelphia, 1973, p. 85, Philip B. Harner said that such clauses as the one in John 1:1, “with an anarthrous predicate preceding the verb, are primarily qualitative in meaning. They indicate that the logos has the nature of theos.
There is no basis for regarding the predicate theos as definite.” On p. 87 of his article, Harner concluded: “In John 1:1 I think that the qualitative force of the predicate is so prominent that the noun cannot be regarded as definite.”

Following is a list of instances in the gospels of Mark and John where various translators have rendered singular anarthrous predicate nouns occurring before the verb with an indefinite article to denote the indefinite and qualitative status of the subject nouns:

Remember that Thomas referred to Jesus as "godlike" and not God Jehovah himself. Check the Greek noun used by Thomas.

You cited 1Corinthians 8:5. Note that the account referred to other "gods" as existing in heavens and on earth. They include Angels in heaven and even demons too. Yes Angels have been called gods in Psalm 82:1,6; John 10:34,35. But note that the Jews were the ones saying Jesus said he was God. Jesus never said he was God,rather he said in john 10:36,37 that he is God's son and not God himself.

But again Paul said there is actually to us ONE GOD THE FATHER. He didn't say One God (the father,son and holy spirit)
Besides,he pointed to Jesus' role as Lord.
Don't forget too that "God", "god", "Father", Almighty, mighty Lord and so on are all TITLES and not names and can be used interchangeably at one point or another.

Jesus was also called the mediator between God and men. That's his role. That's why we pray to Jehovah in the name of Jesus. And not pray to Jesus in the name of Jesus.

Finally Jesus is a Creation of Jehovah
Jesus died and Jehovah cannot
Jesus is a servant of Jehovah,son of Jehovah and under the feet of Jehovah. All these renders the Trinity doctrine useless. There was a time when the doctrine was on the lips of many pastors but now many are dropping the idea because God's word is powerful and is the Truth (Romans 5:12; John 17:17)
Deuteronomy 32:39
On Angel Michael if you want us to discuss that then we don't need to bring it to this topic to avoid be clouding issues. But we can discuss it independently after this.

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 6:46am On Aug 06, 2020
sonofElElyon:

1. we have reconciled
Of course we have reconciled that JWs are well organized to carry out our ministry in our own unique way even though it doesn't have any form of similarity with what the world welcomes! John 15:19

2. I said so because of the first part of my post before the part you bolded.
So how come your own sect remains anonymous? Matthew 5:13-16

3. next time comprehend the post you want to mention..
What i noticed is someone expecting Christlike manners from members of the same sect he already accused as unchristian.
Why must JWs be of such high repute of you're truthful with your previous posts? 1Peter 2:12 wink wink wink
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 7:03am On Aug 06, 2020
I meant I had reconciled with Maximus who I had an exchange with..

i am not interested in any e-war with you. this is fast descending to "vain controversy" which the Bible advises against.. I have said all I need to say . the person who should be fighting me (Maximus) because of our altercation is not doing so.. I have nothing further to say to you. God bless you

TATIME:

Of course we have reconciled that JWs are well organized to carry out our ministry in our own unique way even though it doesn't have any form of similarity with what the world welcomes! John 15:19

What i noticed is someone expecting Christlike manners from members of the same sect he already accused as unchristian.
Why must JWs be of such high repute of you're truthful with your previous posts? 1Peter 2:12 wink wink wink

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 06, 2020
TATIME:

You sef your wahala too much! sad

Hin tok sey he wan reconcile, you still dey scratch the old wound, wetin you want again nah? angry

The guy tek style dey apologize, you want mek the thing difficult for am, abeg leave joh! undecided
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 7:07am On Aug 06, 2020
you have chosen your stand and I have chosen mine.. obviously there's no likelihood of agreement even if I continue to respond to you till kingdom come..

God bless you

ospido:

SonofElElyon all the points you presented here to a great extent are facts yet they all disprove the Trinity doctrine rather than support it. And while some persons call what we're doing argument,we call it reasoning.
Let me begin with John 1:1. I told you in my previous comment that there is reference to God or God like and you presented them as well. So I'll use your presentation in my comments here.

1. (kai  ho  logos  en  pros ton theon) and

2. (kai theos en   ho  logos)

If theon is translated God then how can theos be translated God?

If theon is translated God why will
theos be translated God? Why not use the same Greek word?
The New World Translation and others too use such words as "a god" it also means "divine" or "godlike" because the Greek word (theos) is a singular predicate noun occurring b4 the verb and is not preceded by the definite article. This is anarthrous (theos).
The God with whom the Word, or Logos, was originally is designated here by (theos) preceded by the definite article ho. This is an articular (theos).
The articular construction of the noun points to an identity, a personality, whereas a singular anarthrous predicate noun preceding the verb points to a quality about someone. Therefore, John's statement that the Word,or Logos was "god" or "divine" or "godlike" does not mean that he was the God with whom he was. It merely express a certain quality about the Word, or Logos, but it does not identify him as one and the same as God himself.

In the Greek text there are many cases of a singular anarthrous predicate noun preceding the verb, such as those listed in the accompanying chart. In these places translators insert the indefinite article “a” before the predicate noun in order to bring out the quality or characteristic of the subject. Since the indefinite article is inserted before the predicate noun in such texts, with equal justification the indefinite article “a” is inserted before the anarthrous θεός in the predicate of John 1:1 to make it read “a god.” The Sacred Scriptures confirm the correctness of this rendering.

In his article “Qualitative Anarthrous Predicate Nouns: Mark 15:39 and John 1:1,” published in Journal of Biblical Literature, Vol. 92, Philadelphia, 1973, p. 85, Philip B. Harner said that such clauses as the one in John 1:1, “with an anarthrous predicate preceding the verb, are primarily qualitative in meaning. They indicate that the logos has the nature of theos.
There is no basis for regarding the predicate theos as definite.” On p. 87 of his article, Harner concluded: “In John 1:1 I think that the qualitative force of the predicate is so prominent that the noun cannot be regarded as definite.”

Following is a list of instances in the gospels of Mark and John where various translators have rendered singular anarthrous predicate nouns occurring before the verb with an indefinite article to denote the indefinite and qualitative status of the subject nouns:

Remember that Thomas referred to Jesus as "godlike" and not God Jehovah himself. Check the Greek noun used by Thomas.

You cited 1Corinthians 8:5. Note that the account referred to other "gods" as existing in heavens and on earth. They include Angels in heaven and even demons too. Yes Angels have been called gods in Psalm 82:1,6; John 10:34,35. But note that the Jews were the ones saying Jesus said he was God. Jesus never said he was God,rather he said in john 10:36,37 that he is God's son and not God himself.

But again Paul said there is actually to us ONE GOD THE FATHER. He didn't say One God (the father,son and holy spirit)
Besides,he pointed to Jesus' role as Lord.
Don't forget too that "God", "god", "Father", Almighty, mighty Lord and so on are all TITLES and not names and can be used interchangeably at one point or another.

Jesus was also called the mediator between God and men. That's his role. That's why we pray to Jehovah in the name of Jesus. And not pray to Jesus in the name of Jesus.

Finally Jesus is a Creation of Jehovah
Jesus died and Jehovah cannot
Jesus is a servant of Jehovah,son of Jehovah and under the feet of Jehovah. All these renders the Trinity doctrine useless. There was a time when the doctrine was on the lips of many pastors but now many are dropping the idea because God's word is powerful and is the Truth (Romans 5:12; John 17:17)
Deuteronomy 32:39
On Angel Michael if you want us to discuss that then we don't need to bring it to this topic to avoid be clouding issues. But we can discuss it independently after this.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 06, 2020
sonofElElyon:
I meant I had reconciled with Maximus who I had an exchange with..

i am not interested in any e-war with you. this is fast descending to "vain controversy" which the Bible advises against.. I have said all I need to say . the person who should be fighting me (Maximus) because of our altercation is not doing so.. I have nothing further to say to you. God bless you

Don't mind him jare, God bless you too! smiley

1 Like

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 06, 2020
sonofElElyon:
you have chosen your stand and I have chosen mine.. obviously there's no likelihood of agreement. God bless you

I love the underlined!

It's the main reason i left Islam for Christianity!

JWs have the same line of thought globally! 1Corinthians 1:10

The PEACE Jesus promised truly manifested in their midst! John 14:27 compare to John 17:21-23

Apart from their midst there's no likelihood of agreement anywhere else! Luke 11:23

God bless you Sir! smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 7:30am On Aug 06, 2020
your sect was established by Russell who gave you your doctrines and beliefs.. of course you all adhere to his teachings. I don't dispute that..

Disagreement among christians isn't new. Paul and Peter disagreed, so did Paul and Barnabas.. The Bible didn't record that God forsook anyone of them because of their disagreements.. The important thing is that IT SHOULDN'T BE BASED ON A FOUNDATIONAL DOCTRINE...

But haven't you had enough of an argument that clearly has no meeting point and end

Maximus69:

I love the underlined!

It's the main reason i left Islam for Christianity!

JWs have the same line of thought globally! 1Corinthians 1:10

The PEACE Jesus promised truly manifested in their midst! John 14:27 compare to John 17:21-23

Apart from their midst there's no likelihood of agreement anywhere else! Luke 11:23

God bless you Sir! smiley

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by chatinent: 7:56am On Aug 06, 2020
I can't help but notice people are so interested in Jehovah's Witnesses but have refused to name their churches. Why are you hiding?
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 06, 2020
sonofElElyon:

your sect was established by Russell who gave you your doctrines and beliefs.. of course you all adhere to his teachings. I don't dispute that..
Charles Taze Russell was indeed one of the great researchers during the late 19th century but not the founder of JW organization! Perhaps you don't know the meaning of the word "founder", it simply means the one who set all the standards of any organized group, his legacy must not be tampered with for any reason whatsoever!
For your information Sir, there are so many things that Charles practiced during his time that has been condemned amongst Jehovah's Witnesses today. Do you know that Russell celebrated Christmas throughout his life? Do you know that he never named the group "Jehovah's Witnesses"?
So who taught you that he is the founder of JWs? smiley

Disagreement among christians isn't new. Paul and Peter disagreed, so did Paul and Barnabas.. The Bible didn't record that God forsook anyone of them because of their disagreements.. The important thing is that IT SHOULDN'T BE BASED ON A FOUNDATIONAL DOCTRINE...
Disagreement never happened amidst the Christians in the first century Sir! That's blasphemy against God's holy spirit whose job is to maintain PEACE within the body of Christ!
Peter committed a blunder and Paul rebuked him publicly, Paul and Barnabas argued bitterly over who should go with Mark, but as far as their sect is known, they believe and practice the same thing, there is no contradicting teachings or conflicting doctrines back then!

But haven't you had enough of an argument that clearly has no meeting point and end
This is not an argument Sir, it's called setting matters straight with fellow believers {2Timothy 3:16} so if such is not happening between you and others know today that you're not worshiping the same God with them!
That's what makes JWs one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers globally! John 17:21-23

God bless you! smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by potent5(m): 8:17am On Aug 06, 2020
You should ask yourself why, of all the various Christian sects/groups, it's JWs that are most disliked and dismissed. Why do you keep posting posts just to launder your image?
Janosky:

You have run out of gas to defend your Triune pagan DELUSION grin

Please continue to console yourself with false claims.... grin
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 06, 2020
potent5:
You should ask yourself why, of all the various Christian sects/groups, it's JWs that are most disliked and dismissed. Why do you keep posting posts just to launder your image?

I think i've gotten the answer to the question in brown!
Jesus said "my group will become an object of hatred everywhere they are!" Matthew 10:17; Luke 21:17; John 17:14

Jesus also told us why it must be like that "No student is greater than his Master, the way they treated me is the same way they will treat you, if they call me a demon what do you expect from them?" Matthew 10:22-25

I think that's the problem JWs are facing today! smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 06, 2020
chatinent:
I can't help but notice people are so interested in Jehovah's Witnesses but have refused to name their churches. Why are you hiding?

Isaiah prophesied that during the last days, the mountain of the house of the true God will be lifted up high above all others mountains, and people from different races will be calling on one another saying "let us go and join the practricers of pure worship, so that their God may teach us his ways" and those found in pure worship will settle all their differences, they will no more think of hating themselves neither will they learn war anymore! Isaiah 2:2-4
Jesus confirmed that his true followers will certainly fulfil this prophecy even though it is not during his own time but they will surely become like a house built on the top of a mountain so that everyone can see them! Matthew 5:14-16

So everyone can see Jehovah's Witnesses Organization and many of them know so much about our beliefs but as for them, they can't help it they will only continue to point accusing fingers to the one and only organization that's visible to all eyes (JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES) smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by chatinent: 8:44am On Aug 06, 2020
You said it all.
Maximus69:

Isaiah prophesied that during the last days, the mountain of the house of the true God will be lifted up high above all others mountains, and people from different races will be calling on one another saying "let us go and join the practricers of pure worship, so that their God may teach us his ways" and those found in pure worship will settle all their differences, they will no more think of hating themselves neither will they learn war anymore! Isaiah 2:2-4
Jesus confirmed that his true followers will certainly fulfil this prophecy even though it is not during his own time but they will surely become like a house built on the top of a mountain so that everyone can see them! Matthew 5:14-16

So everyone can see Jehovah's Witnesses Organization and many of them know so much about our beliefs but as for them, they can't help it they will only continue to point accusing fingers to the one and only organization that's visible to all eyes (JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES) smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 06, 2020
chatinent:
You said it all.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
I'm the one who need to continue praying for you guys because you people never gave up on me while i was practicing Islam. You spent your time, energy and resources back then coming to look for me even when i was so hostile until the seed started germinating!

Jehovah's Witnesses, thank you and may God bless you people for locating me! smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by potent5(m): 8:55am On Aug 06, 2020
Even the devil can quote the Bible to backup his claims.
Are you even sure it's the messiah you are referring to or someone else?
Maximus69:

I think i've gotten the answer to the question in brown!
Jesus said "my group will become an object of hatred everywhere they are!" Matthew 10:17; Luke 21:17; John 17:14

Jesus also told us why it must be like that "No student is greater than his Master, the way they treated me is the same way they will treat you, if they call me a demon what do you expect from them?" Matthew 10:22-25

I think that's the problem JWs are facing today! smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Janosky: 10:06am On Aug 06, 2020
potent5:

Jesus Christ is Jehovah's servant. Acts 3:13. Isaiah 42:10-12.
Matthew 10:22 Jesus said "All men will hate you because of me"

Jehovah's servants simply CONFESSED what Jesus himself CONFESSED :
Revelations 3:5,12. John 20:17 in heaven and earth, Jesus is the son of his Father and God.

This truth still dey give you sifia pains

grin
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Janosky: 10:11am On Aug 06, 2020
Emusan post=9 ;2440141:

The evidences full ground but you couldn't tell us WHO ADDED IT.

I challenge you to name one scribe who copied the Bible from its original manuscript to the ones discovered today grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (37) (Reply)

How A Married Woman Almost Seduced Me - Pastor Adeboye / "I Held Meetings With Snakes..." - Peterside Idah, ex-Eagles Goalkeeper! / Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.