Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses (64445 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 10:53am On Aug 06, 2020
I see you won't let this matter rest.. Russell is acknowledged as the founder of your faith because his millennial dawnists formed the nucleus of Jehovah witnesses and his teachings were your foundational doctrine. I maintain that he is your founder.. you have over the years rejigged your beliefs no doubt and those who didn't agree have left your fold which is why you all believe in the same doctrine.. those who changed their views / disagreed ultimately left!!! just like Russell himself left seventh day Adventists to establish his sect!!!

clearly you don't read my posts well before attacking them! I said disagreements occured and it was okay PROVIDED THEY WERE NOT ABOUT FOUNDATIONAL DOCTRINE! humans are not robots. they are emotional beings with free will! Also note that a man's calling and divine purpose, assignment and direction will definitely impact on his views and that could also lead to disagreements with fellow christians.. so those with similar ministry would naturally come together..

By the way, thanks for accusing me of committing the unpardonable sin! much love from you..

lastly

When you say we are setting matters straight between fellow believers and not arguing I find that strange.. you don't believe in what I believe and let's not kid ourselves.. I don't like pretence. you have a right to your beliefs and I have a right to mine no doubt but we are not fellow believers.. our differences are FOUNDATIONAL.. you clearly believe you are the only ones on earth right now that are the true worshippers of God which I feel is utter balderdash. In fact I believe you are in great error and not christians at all.. just like you don't believe that I am and believe I am in error..
but there's freedom to believe what you like and same goes with me..

Maximus69:

Charles Taze Russell was indeed one of the great researchers during the late 19th century but not the founder of JW organization! Perhaps you don't know the meaning of the word "founder", it simply means the one who set all the standards of any organized group, his legacy must not be tampered with for any reason whatsoever!
For your information Sir, there are so many things that Charles practiced during his time that has been condemned amongst Jehovah's Witnesses today. Do you know that Russell celebrated Christmas throughout his life? Do you know that he never named the group "Jehovah's Witnesses"?
So who taught you that he is the founder of JWs? smiley

Disagreement never happened amidst the Christians in the first century Sir! That's blasphemy against God's holy spirit whose job is to maintain PEACE within the body of Christ!
Peter committed a blunder and Paul rebuked him publicly, Paul and Barnabas argued bitterly over who should go with Mark, but as far as their sect is known, they believe and practice the same thing, there is no contradicting teachings or conflicting doctrines back then!

This is not an argument Sir, it's called setting matters straight with fellow believers {2Timothy 3:16} so if such is not happening between you and others know today that you're not worshiping the same God with them!
That's what makes JWs one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers globally! John 17:21-23

God bless you! smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 06, 2020
sonofElElyon:
I see you won't let this matter rest.. Russell is acknowledged as the founder of your faith because his millennial dawnists formed the nucleus of Jehovah witnesses and his teachings were your foundational doctrine. I maintain that he is your founder.. you have over the years rejigged your beliefs no doubt and those who didn't agree have left your fold which is why you all believe in the same doctrine.. those who changed their views / disagreed ultimately left!!! just like Russell himself left seventh day Adventists to establish his sect!!!

clearly you don't read my posts well before attacking them! I said disagreements occured and it was okay PROVIDED THEY WERE NOT ABOUT FOUNDATIONAL DOCTRINE! humans are not robots. they are emotional beings with free will! Also note that a man's calling and divine purpose, assignment and direction will definitely impact on his views and that could also lead to disagreements with fellow christians.. so those with similar ministry would naturally come together..

By the way, thanks for accusing me of committing the unpardonable sin! much love from you..

lastly

When you say we are setting matters straight between fellow believers and not arguing I find that strange.. you don't believe in what I believe and let's not kid ourselves.. I don't like pretence. you have a right to your beliefs and I have a right to mine no doubt but we are not fellow believers.. our differences are FOUNDATIONAL.. you clearly believe you are the only ones on earth right now that are the true worshippers of God which I feel is utter balderdash. In fact I believe you are in great error and not christians at all.. just like you don't believe that I am and believe I am in error..
but there's freedom to believe what you like and same goes with me..

As for Russell being the founder of JW Organization, i've told you that is a lie Sir!

It's like saying John the baptist is the founder of Christianity because Jesus continued from where John stopped! undecided

But you're 100% correct as to the believe that you and i aren't worshiping the same God! smiley

What i meant is anyone coming on this thread is setting matters straight with JWs, it's either you agree to worship our God or you maintain your own form of worship!

It's OK as you agreed that we are not worshipers of your own God because our own God won't accept the worship of people who aren't having the same line of thought! smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2020
Maximus69:

As for Russell being the founder of JW Organization, i've told you that is a lie Sir!

It's like saying John the baptist is the founder of Christianity because Jesus continued from where John stopped! undecided

But you're 100% correct as to the believe that you and i aren't worshiping the same God! smiley

What i meant is anyone coming on this thread is setting matters straight with JWs, it's either you agree to worship our God or you maintain your own form of worship!

It's OK to as you believe we are not worshipers of your own God because our own God won't accept the worship of people who aren't having the same line of thought! smiley

Don't mind Mr sonofElElyon
He's hinging on the correction Paul gave to Peter as ‘disagreements’ and ‘dissension’

Peter who was willing to adjust took that correction that he could even refer to Paul as his “beloved brother” long after that time. (2Corinthians 13:11, 2Peter 3:15)

So we can see that Paul and Peter still maintained the same line of thought even after the little dispute – 1Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 2:2 smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2020
potent5:
Even the devil can quote the Bible to backup his claims

Of course Satan knows how to quote the scriptures because he's a spirit being but when standing face to face with a believer Satan will bow before God's children because we have the holy spirit to help us beat Satan in a spiritual warfare! Matthew 4:1-11 compare to Isaiah 54:17

Are you even sure it's the messiah you are referring to or someone else?
Jesus said the FRUIT will serve as EVIDENCE to confirm we are on the right track {Matthew 7:16-20} I've quoted verses showing the fulfilment of Jesus' promises evident in the midst of JWs, so it's you that needs to show the evidence that your church belongs to Christ (Messiah) smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2020
you say you are the only christians in the world but we say you are not even true christians.. that's it. saying that Jesus founded your sect is of course disagreeable to christians..

But it's your opinion. As we are entitled to ours.. can this matter rest now?

Maximus69:

It's OK as you agreed that we are not worshipers of your own God because our own God won't accept the worship of people who aren't having the same line of thought! smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2020
DappaD:

He's hinging on the correction Paul gave to Peter as ‘disagreements’ and ‘dissension’

Peter who was willing to adjust took that correction that he could even refer to Paul as his “beloved brother” long after that time. (2Corinthians 13:11, 2Peter 3:15)

So we can see that Paul and Peter still maintained the same line of thought even after the little dispute – 1Corinthians 1:10, Ephesians 4:3, Philippians 2:2 smiley

Satan has really blinded them!

He's trying to justify the lawlessness in their midst, despite claiming Christians they can't even uphold the same code of conduct.

Deeperlife will build his place of worship in the same area where Redeem and MFM did, they'll competing for customers. Yet they're claiming they're all working for the same Jesus but when someone commits any offence in one place he or she can easily run to another place under the same Jesus! Matthew 7:23 cheesy
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 1:40pm On Aug 06, 2020
I don't know why you don't even read properly what I post before attacking me..

human beings disagree, even in the early church. I said repeatedly that the disagreement I am talking about is not one involving foundational doctrine.. Paul and Peter disagreed.. to disagree is to dissent.. Paul and Barnabas disagreed.. human beings will always disagree and I gave reasons earlier.. I made it clear from the beginning that I wasn't referring to disagreements based on foundational doctrine but you won't read well before attacking me..

God bless you..

i
DappaD:

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 1:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
Maximus69:

He's trying to justify the lawlessness in their midst, despite claiming Christians they can't even uphold the same code of conduct.

Deeperlife will build his place of worship in the same area where Redeem and MFM did, they'll competing for customers. Yet they're claiming they're all working for the same Jesus but when someone commits any offence in one place he or she can easily run to another place under the same Jesus! Matthew 7:23 cheesy

The road wey all these churchgoers dey pass wide sha grin –Matthew 7:13
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
sonofElElyon:
I don't know why you don't even read properly what I post before attacking me..

human beings disagree, even in the early church. I said repeatedly that the disagreement I am talking about is not one involving foundational doctrine.. Paul and Peter disagreed.. to disagree is to dissent.. Paul and Barnabas disagreed.. human beings will always disagree and I gave reasons earlier.. I made it clear from the beginning that I wasn't referring to disagreements based on foundational doctrine but you won't read well before attacking me..

God bless you..

i

OK I've heard you but did Paul and Peter remain in the same line of thought, yes or no? – 1Corinthians 1:10
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
sonofElElyon:
you say you are the only christians in the world but we say you are not even true christians.. that's it. saying that Jesus founded your sect is of course disagreeable to christians..
Our Master, Lord and King said there is just one source of divine wisdom not two {John 14:6} he also warned us that many will come in his name to deceive many {Matthew 24:11} that's why i believe JWs whose line of thought is the same! I was a soldier and i know how soldiers under the command of the same General operates, so there's no doubt if you can't present a better performing group having oneness of spirit like JWs! smiley

But it's your opinion. As we are entitled to ours.. can this matter rest now?
I think the case has rested long before now but it's like you're the one not comfortable with how things is turning out as you're faced with too much evidence pointing to JWs as the one and only organization standing out that's exhibiting what Jesus foretold! John 17:14-16 smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
much love to you..

clearly you just jumped in without following the trend of thought in my earlier posts.

God bless you

Maximus69:

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
thank you and good luck with your evidence.

God bless
Maximus69:

Our Master, Lord and King said there is just one source of divine wisdom not two {John 14:6} he also warned us that many will come in his name to deceive many {Matthew 24:11} that's why i believe JWs whose line of thought is the same! I was a soldier and i know how soldiers under the command of the same General operates, so there's no doubt if you can't present a better performing group having oneness of spirit like JWs! smiley

I think the case has rested long before now but it's like you're the one not comfortable with how things is turning out as you're faced with too much evidence pointing to JWs as the one and only organization standing out that's exhibiting what Jesus foretold! John 17:14-16 smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
Go and read my earlier posts please.. I answered your questions there.. people have left JW when they didn't agree anymore with your teachings.. or is it your argument that no one has ever left since you were established your argument that all JWs are in agreement should be amended to "all JWs who are currently members are in agreement".. same applies to all churches.. those who disagree leave.. people have left JW and will still leave.. same with other churches.. that's the truth..

AGAIN I REPEAT FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME THAT MY REFERENCE TO PAUL AND PETER WAS SIMPLY TO SHOW THAT PEOPLE DISAGREE AND I DIDN'T MEAN ISSUES OF FOUNDATIONAL DOCTRINE.. stop being mischievous

DappaD:

OK I've heard you but did Paul and Peter remain in the same line of thought, yes or no? – 1Corinthians 1:10
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
sonofElElyon:
thank you and good luck with your evidence.
God bless
Thanks for sharing your time!
God bless you too! smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by DappaD: 1:53pm On Aug 06, 2020
sonofElElyon:
Go and read my earlier posts please.. I answered your questions there.. people have left JW when they didn't agree anymore with your teachings.. or is it your argument that no one has ever left since you were established your argument that all JWs are in agreement should be amended to "all JWs who are currently members are in agreement".. same applies to all churches.. those who disagree leave.. people have left JW and will still leave.. same with other churches.. that's the truth..

OK since you like to rigmarole, keep off my mention til you address my questions.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 1:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
you are too lazy to read up my posts.. too rigid to be objective.. you keep off MY mentions too!

I NEVER MADE REFERENCE TO DISAGREMENT BETWEEN PETER AND PAUL ON DOCTRINE.. JUST THAT PEOPLE DISAGREE.. BUT HE STILL WONT UNDERSTAND!

DappaD:

OK since you like to rigmarole, keep off my mention til you address my questions.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2020
sonofElElyon:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! smiley
That's a lie!
Whoever leaves is no more worshiping our God {1John 2:19} it's evident that all those who left Jesus simply because his teachings became irritating to them aren't worshiping God anymore! John 6:66-68
I believe that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever {Hebrew 13:8} so when he returned in 1914 he find it difficult to locate any Christian group {Luke 18:8} that's why he began refining the little group of Bible students gradually and it's the refining that took place as the fulfilment of the separation he foretold {Matthew 13:24-30} so we know and fully understood what's happening Sir! smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
still goes back to you guys believing you are the only true worshippers of God while others are not. christians also believe that your sect is heretical and in fact I share that belief.. I believe your sect is based on false doctrines. so we are back where we started!!!

can't you see that there's no end to this

God bless you.. just reply God bless me too and end this...

Maximus69:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! smiley
That's a lie!
Whoever leaves is no more worshiping our God {1John 2:19} it's evident that all those who left Jesus simply because his teachings became irritating to them aren't worshiping God anymore! John 6:66-68
I believe that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever {Hebrew 13:8} so when he returned in 1914 he find it difficult to locate any Christian group {Luke 18:8} that's why he began refining the little group of Bible students gradually and it's the refining that took place as the fulfilment of the separation he foretold {Matthew 13:24-30} so we know and fully understood what's happening Sir! smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by chatinent: 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2020
Maximus69:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
I'm the one who need to continue praying for you guys because you people never gave up on me while i was practicing Islam. You spent your time, energy and resources back then coming to look for me even when i was so hostile until the seed started germinating!

Jehovah's Witnesses, thank you and may God bless you people for locating me! smiley
We did nothing, bro. All thanks is Jehovah's.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 06, 2020
chatinent:

We did nothing, bro. All thanks is Jehovah's.
May his name be praised! Matthew 6:9 smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 06, 2020
sonofElElyon:
still goes back to you guys believing you are the only true worshippers of God while others are not. christians also believe that your sect is heretical and in fact I share that belief.. I believe your sect is based on false doctrines. so we are back where we started!!!
2Corinthians 13:14 smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2020
grin

Maximus69:

2Corinthians 13:14 smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2020
smiley
sonofElElyon:
grin
Isaiah 54:17
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 5:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
God bless you
Maximus69:
smiley Isaiah 54:17
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 06, 2020
sonofElElyon:
God bless you
And you too! smiley
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ospido: 10:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
sonofElElyon:
you have chosen your stand and I have chosen mine.. obviously there's no likelihood of agreement even if I continue to respond to you till kingdom come..

God bless you

Nice talking with you. I will cherish this discussion for a long time to come.
Remain blessed.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by sonofElElyon: 10:22pm On Aug 06, 2020
take care and God bless you.
ospido:

Nice talking with you. I will cherish this discussion for a long time to come. Remain blessed.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ospido: 10:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
sonofElElyon:

Gently my brother. But i like to say that there are good people in all religions. And Jesus is the judge not me nor any JW's and i know not you too. So we don't judge anybody neither do we judge any religion. Only Jesus will judge.
Having said that, we try our best to live in accordance with the righteous standards set out in the Bible.
Besides, we also apply what John 13:35 says which is the "identifying mark of true worshippers." And you'll agree with me that TRUE LOVE eludes the world.
So identifying the true religion is not going to be difficult.
Do have a good night rest.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ospido: 11:04pm On Aug 06, 2020
Maximus69:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
I'm the one who need to continue praying for you guys because you people never gave up on me while i was practicing Islam. You spent your time, energy and resources back then coming to look for me even when i was so hostile until the seed started germinating!

Jehovah's Witnesses, thank you and may God bless you people for locating me! smiley

May all glory goes to Jehovah brother, because He's the one who actually drew you to Himself.
May you continue to serve Jehovah in spirit and truth. And i know you're also reaching out for service privileges.
Remain blessed brother.

1 Like

Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ospido: 11:06pm On Aug 06, 2020
sonofElElyon:
take care and God bless you.

And i wish you same too.
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by achorladey: 11:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
@ Maximus69 come and see how your brother(ospido) is calling someone(sonofElElyon) not worshipping Jehovah brother. Are you in the same line of thought or ospido hasn't come across that particular teaching in your magazines?

Do you think it is right for ospido to call sonofElElyon brother or friend?
Re: Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses by ospido: 11:41pm On Aug 06, 2020
achorladey:
@ Maximus69 come and see how your brother(ospido) is calling someone(sonofElElyon) not worshipping Jehovah brother. Are you in the same line of thought or ospido hasn't come across that particular teaching in your magazines?

Do you think it is right for ospido to call sonofElElyon brother or friend?

If he's not my brother then who is he to me? My enemy? We show brotherly love to everyone but especially to those related to us in the faith as the Bible put it @ Galatians 6:10.
Or why do you think we keep coming to knock on people's doors?

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (37) (Reply)

Oyedepo Commands Followers To Kill Suspected Terrorists - 2015 / Girl Dies From Lethebo Rabalango's Speaker In His Church (Photos) / RCCG Refused To Allow A Lady Enter Their Premises Due To Her Dressing (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.