Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:21 PM

See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. (1334 Views)

Why Muslims Dodge Explaining Why Jesus Wasn't Crucified Nor Killed / Endtimes : Commonsense Reasons Why Jesus Returns Before 2040 - Don Koenig / Why Jesus Christ Spoke More About Hell More Than Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by chatinent: 7:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
The Bible’s answer:
Many Christian denominations teach that God is a Trinity. However, note what the Encyclopædia Britannica states: “Neither the word Trinity nor the explicit doctrine appears in the New Testament . . . The doctrine developed gradually over several centuries and through many controversies.
In fact, the God of the Bible is never described as being part of a Trinity.
Note these Bible passages:
- “Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.”—Deuteronomy 6:4.
- “You, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.”— Psalm 83:18.
-“This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.”— John 17:3.
-“God is only one.”—Galatians 3:20.
Still thinking if the trinity doctrine has some truth? I hope you know Jesus was created and Jehovah God was not? Here is sth to think about: if Jesus is God, who was he praying to in the mountains? Concerning the misconception on the John's account in chapter one verse one, think again: how can sb who is God 'be with' God again?
Clearly Jesus is not God. He even stressed his father is greater than he is. Little wonder God loved him and sent him to pay his life a ransom for our sins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by Stylekay: 7:25pm On Aug 01, 2020
undecided
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 01, 2020
chatinent:
The Bible’s answer:
Many Christian denominations teach that God is a Trinity. However, note what the Encyclopædia Britannica states: “Neither the word Trinity nor the explicit doctrine appears in the New Testament . . . The doctrine developed gradually over several centuries and through many controversies.
- “You, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.”— Psalm 83:18.
-“This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.”— John 17:3.
Still thinking if the trinity doctrine has some truth? I hope you know Jesus was created and Jehovah God was not? Here is sth to think about: if Jesus is God, who was he praying to in the mountains? Concerning the misconception on the John's account in chapter one verse one, think again: how can sb who is God 'be with' God again?
Clearly Jesus is not God. He even stressed his father is greater than he is. Little wonder God loved him and sent him to pay his life a ransom for our sins.

This topic u jehovah witness want to kill urself over...what difference does it make to u people..... it’s not like someone can even discuss the matter with you biblically... u guys have ur own version of the Bible......
it’s still better to discuss with Catholics about worshiping and praying to Mary at least they use same bible with everyone else...other than discussing the Divinity of Jesus with a jehovah-witness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by hisgrace090: 7:41pm On Aug 01, 2020
Jesus said, I and my father are one.

John 10:30.

4 Likes

Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by chatinent: 7:41pm On Aug 01, 2020
1StopRudeness:

This topic u jehovah witness want to kill urself over...what difference does it make to u people..... it’s not like someone can even discuss the matter with you biblically... u guys have ur own version of the Bible......
it’s still better to discuss with Catholics about worshiping and praying to Mary at least they use same bible with everyone else...other than discussing the Divinity of Jesus with a jehovah-witness
Funnily enough, it may surprise you to know the bible wasn't originally written in English.
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 01, 2020
chatinent:

Funnily enough, it may surprise you to know the bible wasn't originally written in English.

Ohhhhhhhh... really .... The Bible wasn’t written in English?? Wow I’m just finding out today... great information!!
It’s so surprising to me that the bible isn’t written in English....since most of the authors originated from the Middle East where English wasn’t spoken at the time....So it’s not normal for the Bible not to be in English orginally

the Bible u have at home is it written in the original language of the authors...??
If not.... so what’s the point of this your great information??

3 Likes

Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by chatinent: 8:00pm On Aug 01, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Ohhhhhhhh... really .... The Bible wasn’t written in English?? Wow I’m just finding out today... great information!!
It’s so surprising to me that the bible isn’t written in English....since most of the authors originated from the Middle East where English wasn’t spoken at the time....So it’s not normal for the Bible not to be in English orginally

the Bible u have at home is it written in the original language of the authors...??
If not.... so what’s the point of this your great information??
Yes sir, the bible was originally written in Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic. Every English translation today copied from those original manuscripts (your Bible and mine). You spoke as if yours was authored directly from Moses. Mine is a new word translation and copied what's really on those manuscripts without religious bias. No sarcasm intended. You are welcome.
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by pongwa(m): 8:09pm On Aug 01, 2020
chatinent:
The Bible’s answer:
it's clear you do not understand the concept of Trinity. Nonetheless, you kept reiterating the fact that God is one which I quite agree with. Now think of Trinity as an egg. You will agree with me that the egg has three 'distinct' parts comprising
1) egg yolk,
2) egg white and
3) egg shell.
The point to note is that although the parts are distinct and can exist in isolation, in reality, what makes it an egg is because of the three parts occuring together. Now see the egg shell, egg yolk and egg white as God the Father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit.
Q.E.D

4 Likes

Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by Xlyad(m): 8:18pm On Aug 01, 2020
Can you explain Genesis1vs26(And God said"let us make man in our image,after our likeness..."winkto us?Who was God speaking with?Also explain John 1vs1(In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God)which will clarify your confusion and indoctrination,if you are actually trying to seek God out of an open heart.

1 Like

Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by chatinent: 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2020
pongwa:
it's clear you do not understand the concept of Trinity. Nonetheless, you kept reiterating the fact that God is one which I quite agree with. Now think of Trinity as an egg. You will agree with me that the egg has three 'distinct' parts comprising
1) egg yolk,
2) egg white and
3) egg shell.
The point to note is that although the parts are distinct and can exist in isolation, in reality, what makes it an egg is because of the three parts occuring together. Now see the egg shell, egg yolk and egg white as God the Father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit.
Q.E.D
I do understand the dogma perfectly. How can I tell? I was once a Catholic. Sorry to disappoint you. POC, the holy spirit is not God, it's God's active force. Jesus is very distinct from God; he is the Son. God is the Creator, he is Jehovah. You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 01, 2020
chatinent:

Yes sir, the bible was originally written in Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic. Every English translation today copied from those original manuscripts (your Bible and mine). You spoke as if yours was authored directly from Moses. Mine is a new word translation and copied what's really on those manuscripts without religious bias. No sarcasm intended. You are welcome.

I spoke as if mine was directly from Moses??
How?? There’s are 66 books in the Bible Moses wrote about 7% of it.... why would I sound like my entire Bible came from Moses When Moses was already dead before the remain 93% was written.. and translated...

what exactly are u driving at......u started with Jesus isn’t this, Jesus isn’t that, Gid sent him to die for sins...now your are on bible’s original language..... where are u going gàn gàn
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by Xlyad(m): 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
Also follow that up with 1John 5vs7(For there are three that bear record in heaven,the Father,the Word,and the Holy Ghost:and these three are one.)
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2020
pongwa:
1) egg yolk,
2) egg white and
3) egg shell.
Q.E.D

U are wasting your time with a jw..... they don’t even believe christains of today can have the Holy Spirit..they don’t even believe In healing and miracles. there’s no how you explain that trinity that it won’t sound like rocket science and advance engineering maths mixed with the theoretical physics

4 Likes

Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by Xlyad(m): 8:32pm On Aug 01, 2020
pongwa:
1) egg yolk,
2) egg white and
3) egg shell.
Q.E.D
Similarly,since man who was made in the likeness of God has spirit, soul and body(three in one),God also exist in three form,father,son and the Holy spirit.
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by DappaD: 8:34pm On Aug 01, 2020
Xlyad:
Also follow that up with 1John 5vs7(For there are three that bear record in heaven,the Father,the Word,and the Holy Ghost:and these three are one.)
Spurious addition to the original Scriptures done by your overzealous trinitarian brothers who produced the KJV translation.

The actual words at 1John 5:7-8 are:
“For there are three witness bearers: the spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement”
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by DappaD: 8:35pm On Aug 01, 2020
1StopRudeness:

U are wasting your time with a jw..... they don’t even believe christains of today can have the Holy Spirit..they don’t even believe In healing and miracles. there’s no how you explain that trinity that it won’t sound like rocket science and advance engineering maths mixed with the theoretical physics

What if the Bible said that the gifts of healing wouldn't be effective in our day, would you then believe the Bible or what your money-loving pastors say?
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by chatinent: 8:39pm On Aug 01, 2020
Xlyad:
Can you explain Genesis1vs26(And God said"let us make man in our image,after our likeness..."winkto us?Who was God speaking with?Also explain John 1vs1(In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God)which will clarify your confusion and indoctrination,if you are actually trying to seek God out of an open heart.
Thanks for your inputs. Let's analyze them in bits. To your first question, logically , it was to this firstborn Son that Jehovah said: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness.” ( Ge 1:26) ... He likely did so in Eden, for on two of the three occasions where mention is made of God’s speaking there, the record specifically shows someone was with Him, undoubtedly his Son. Who is that son? Jesus Christ (did you notice he spoke to a distinct person?)( Ge 1:26-30; 2:16, 17; 3:8-19, 22)
The second. Can one be with someone and at the same time be that person? At John 17:3, Jesus addresses the Father as “the only true God.”
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by chatinent: 8:42pm On Aug 01, 2020
Xlyad:
Similarly,since man who was made in the likeness of God has spirit, soul and body(three in one),God also exist in three form,father,son and the Holy spirit.
Excuse you, what does 'creating men in God's likeness' mean to you?
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by chatinent: 8:46pm On Aug 01, 2020
1StopRudeness:

No sir, it's not rocket science. It's just that many of us believed in it before we came to know the truth. Because of this truth God sent his son, Jesus Christ-- a beloved son who emulated his father's qualities (eg. Love) -- to die for our sins.
You problem is not trinity. Your problem is your god has no name. Mine do, and his name is Jehovah (Ps 83:18).

1 Like

Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 01, 2020
Whether Jesus is God or not is inconsequential.
As a Christian, you're supposed to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. If Jesus said him and God are one, that's the gospel. Take it or leave the religion.
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by chatinent: 8:48pm On Aug 01, 2020
1StopRudeness:

I spoke as if mine was directly from Moses??
How?? There’s are 66 books in the Bible Moses wrote about 7% of it.... why would I sound like my entire Bible came from Moses When Moses was already dead before the remain 93% was written.. and translated...

what exactly are u driving at......u started with Jesus isn’t this, Jesus isn’t that, Gid sent him to die for sins...now your are on bible’s original language..... where are u going gàn gàn
I'll take this as a compliment. I'm happy your are happy. You are welcome.
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2020
DappaD:

What if the Bible said that the gifts of healing wouldn't be effective in our day, would you then believe the Bible or what your money-loving pastors say?

I don’t believe in pastors... I believe in God and Jesus the son he sent.....one of the major things the gospel carries with it is healing, to destroy the works of darkness and oppression in the lives of men... I have experience it....if you have never been at a point where u had to trust God only then I don’t know what type of fellowship u are practicing ....it’s ur cup of tea if you don’t have faith enough and have resigned that healing has ended with the apostles...I don’t argue healing with people...especially people that have their own differnt bible
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by DappaD: 9:09pm On Aug 01, 2020
1StopRudeness:

I don’t believe in pastors... I believe in God and Jesus the son he sent.....one of the major things the gospel carries with it is healing, to destroy the works of darkness and oppression in the lives of men... I have experience it....if you have never been at a point where u had to trust God only then I don’t know what type of fellowship u are practicing ....it’s ur cup of tea if you don’t have faith enough and have resigned that healing has ended with the apostles...I don’t argue healing with people...especially people that have their own differnt bible
You've not answered my question.
If the Bible puts it to you now that those gifts of holy spirit wouldn't be effective in our day, would you do a rethink on what you believe in or you'd choose to remain with your former understanding?
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by DappaD: 9:10pm On Aug 01, 2020
1StopRudeness:

When you answer me, then I'll quote a Scripture so you can check in your Bible if it's there.
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by pongwa(m): 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2020
chatinent:

I do understand the dogma perfectly. How can I tell? I was once a Catholic. Sorry to disappoint you. POC, the [/b]Holy Spirit is not God[b], it's God's active force. Jesus is very distinct from God; he is the Son. God is the Creator, he is Jehovah. You are welcome.
corrected
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by Xlyad(m): 9:13pm On Aug 01, 2020
DappaD:

Spurious addition to the original Scriptures done by your overzealous trinitarian brothers who produced the KJV translation.

The actual words at 1John 5:7-8 are:
“For there are three witness bearers: the spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement”

what does the spirit,the water and the blood mean to you?
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2020
chatinent:

No sir, it's not rocket science. It's just that many of us believed in it before we came to know the truth. Because of this truth God sent his son, Jesus Christ-- a beloved son who emulated his father's qualities (eg. Love) -- to die for our sins.
You problem is not trinity. Your problem is your god has no name. Mine do, and his name is Jehovah (Ps 83:18).

U jehovah witness and God’s name....it’s always funny.....
Okay, okay, okay... since you found out the name of God, what difference has it made in ur life....u still have to believe in Jesus anyways...
See I believe in the creator of the heavens and the earth and the sea and all that is in it....he knows I acknowledge him day, afternoon, night...

What his name is doesn’t really matter....before the Bible came people have been believing God and following him whether is name his wood or stone or almighty or merciful, or wonderful... what matters is you don’t acknowledge the wrong thing.....and he also sent Jesus which I believe in... so I’m not mistaken and I’m not worshipping a wrong God
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2020
DappaD:

You've not answered my question.
If the Bible puts it to you now that those gifts of holy spirit wouldn't be effective in our day, would you do a rethink on what you believe in or you'd choose to remain with your former understanding?

The Bible actually told u that the gift of healing won’t be effective in ur day....?? Please say it, immediately I would assume I was healed by another god....cos it wasn’t human medical science that healed me...
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by DappaD: 9:28pm On Aug 01, 2020
Xlyad:
what does the spirit,the water and the blood mean to you?

spirit: When God's spirit descended like a dove upon Jesus, it confirmed or bore witness to Jesus being the Son of God

water: The water in which Jesus was baptized in also bore witness when Jesus was approved by his heavenly Father, Jehovah.

blood: Jesus' blood or life also bore witness to him being God's Son when he gave himself up as a ransom sacrifice when his blood was poured out.
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by DappaD: 9:32pm On Aug 01, 2020
1StopRudeness:

The Bible actually told u that the gift of healing won’t be effective in ur day....?? Please say it, immediately I would assume I was healed by another god....cos it wasn’t human medical science that healed me...
Whatever you were healed by, it wasn't by the power of the true God Jehovah.

The gift of holy spirit was to show that the early Christian congregation had God's backing but it was to last a short time until the congregation had grown into maturity.
After that, apostle Paul wrote under inspiration :
1Corinthians 13:8.
“Love never fails. But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away with. ”
Here clearly shows that the miraculous gifts of my spirit were short-lived and it was done away with in the first century.
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by Xlyad(m): 9:34pm On Aug 01, 2020
chatinent:

Thanks for your inputs. Let's analyze them in bits. To your first question, logically , it was to this firstborn Son that Jehovah said: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness.” ( Ge 1:26) ... He likely did so in Eden, for on two of the three occasions where mention is made of God’s speaking there, the record specifically shows someone was with Him, undoubtedly his Son. Who is that son? Jesus Christ (did you notice he spoke to a distinct person?)( Ge 1:26-30; 2:16, 17; 3:8-19, 22)
The second. Can one be with someone and at the same time be that person? At John 17:3, Jesus addresses the Father as “the only true God.”
First can you please tell us your own definition of God? In thesame way you call the child of a cow ,a cow also the son of God is God.secondly,to your second rebuttal,if God can be present in heaven and the same time be present on earth(He is omnipresent),and also present in every part of the universe then it should not strech your imagination the he can be present in three form that make the Godhead.moreover,1Coirinthians2vs14puts it succinctly,"but the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit of God:for they are foolishness unto him:neither can he know them,because they are spiritually discerned.
Re: See Reasons Why Jesus Is Not God. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 01, 2020
DappaD:

Whatever you were healed by, it wasn't by the power of the true God Jehovah.

The gift of holy spirit was to show that the early Christian congregation had God's backing but it was to last a short time until the congregation had grown into maturity.
After that, apostle Paul wrote under inspiration :
1Corinthians 13:8.
“Love never fails. But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away with. ”
Here clearly shows that the miraculous gifts of my spirit were short-lived and it was done away with in the first century.

Be sincere ....u mean u read 1cor 13v8 by urself and that’s what the verse is said to you... u ddnt hear this from your Jehovah witness doctrine, pastor, watchtower, awake or whatever ..... if so

Now, without any ambiguity please ... 1)explain to me how 1cor13v8 said that in “our day” the gift of healing or any other gift will no longer be in operation....

2) when u say “our day”.... who is “our”... ??

3) what period to what period is our day.. as in.. .when exactly did this “our day”start...that the holy spiritual of God stopped his operation on the earth....please don’t be ambiguous..... bring your answer out from 1cor 13v8...like u claimed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Israel Rabbi Speaks : ‘messiah Coming This Year!’ / Where Is Satan now? / Jesus Christ Of Oyingbo ( Jesu Oyingbo) : Meet The Nigerian Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.