Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card (26899 Views)

1224 Dead Persons On Voter Register, Adamawa – INEC / Free Browsing How To Get Mtn 756mb Worth Of Data 100% Free Of Charge / NIMC: National ID Card Pre-enrolment Portal Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Adex2442: 10:26am On Aug 03, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
I had similar issue in 2011, haven't change it till date.
Besides, people have more than one voter card with different names.
Since your name is wrongly written, MAYBE YOU SHOULD RE-REGISTER WITH CORRECT NAME

Wen are they doing registration
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by YelloweWest: 10:29am On Aug 03, 2020
Higgies:
Come to our state head office....

Can I correct date of birth? 1980 instead of 1988?
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by thatchick: 10:31am On Aug 03, 2020
I think it can only be corrected at the next voters' registration process. That's what I noticed at the last voters' registration process, there was a form for those who wanted to correct the errors of details on their card.

If you need a means of identification urgently, you had better go register for National Identity card, that still overrides the voter's card.
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by detolla(f): 10:38am On Aug 03, 2020
For now,you cannot get anything done pertaining to the correction of details on your voter's card.When INEC starts the registration of voters ,go to the INEC office closest to you,lodge your complains and you will be attended to..
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Fourwinds: 10:38am On Aug 03, 2020
Ayula911:
angry grin grin grin angry ;
na wetin we go use for am be this when he wants contest election....APC deputy governor of Bayelsa state loading
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Desmondellason: 10:41am On Aug 03, 2020
[b][/b] just go and do national Id card ,its better
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by SoliBayNG: 10:56am On Aug 03, 2020
Okay. I did this before the last election. It's nothing fancy.

I went to the headquarters of where I'm domiciled, and informed them I wanted to update my name. I don't think I had to attach any other ID, cos I know I even left the voters card at home.

However, you need to know your ward, zone and all that.
Filled the form, photocopied, given a document to come with in about three months.

We are still waiting some two years later.

You can also change your polling unit among others there.

My only fear for you is that you may have to wait till 2022 to be able to do it, and possibly get it in 2027, when the next elections comes up.

My mate went to check if it's ready for collection this year, and he was told to be listening to the radio. Imagine that.

1 Like

Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by SoliBayNG: 10:57am On Aug 03, 2020
YelloweWest:

You can correct anything.
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by TheAviator: 11:00am On Aug 03, 2020
carbony4red:

NB: You might get another voters card from another location, you just have to claim that you have never had one before.

Please, stop misinforming him. Don't put him in trouble.
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Fourwinds: 11:02am On Aug 03, 2020
Oluwasaeon:

Auto-correct is a bastard
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Juliearth(f): 11:02am On Aug 03, 2020
exynos:
Good day Nairalanders,

Prior to the presidential election which was held last year, I requested to obtain the voter's ID card. But, the end of the registration period as rolled out by INEC was drawing nigh–I wasn't even registered.

To cut the long story short. I was among those who were lucky enough to successfully register at the 11th hour. I was asked to come the next day for the temporary voter's card. Unfortunately, I quickly noticed a slight mistake on my name for it was erroneously entered– ANAJE instead of AWAJE.

Please I want you guys to help me on what to do, how do I go about effecting the correct changes? I want to make use of the ID card now.

PS: I have tried making enquiries by contacting INEC through their online platforms like Twitter and FB, I even had to mail them. Yet, I received zero response.

Someone said I should attach a sworn affidavit of correction/change of name to the ID card, although I'm still vague on how feasible it is.

All you need do is go to the INEC office assigned to your LG and fill in for correction on your voter's card. If you are lucky, you can have it done at the headquarters, where you can have the correction effected and TVC collected almost immediately.
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Juliearth(f): 11:09am On Aug 03, 2020
sageer1706:
I also have same issue, pls any idea

Look up my comment
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Juliearth(f): 11:12am On Aug 03, 2020
carbony4red:
Instead of using your voters card, it's preferable you just get your national ID card with your real name and use it to swear a court affidavit to back up your biters card because I'm not sure INEC made any plans for name correction on voters ID card.

NB: You might get another voters card from another location, you just have to claim that you have never had one before.

Your first paragraph is wrong and he won't need an affidavit since its a case of misspelling. All he needs do is go to INEC LG office or Headquarters if you have links there.
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Juliearth(f): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2020
deolag4rea:
Try and visit any nearest Inec Head office with your Sworn Affidavit...

He won't need an affidavit. Its just a misspelling
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Juliearth(f): 11:17am On Aug 03, 2020
YelloweWest:

Yes, but you will need an affidavit in this case.
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Juliearth(f): 11:19am On Aug 03, 2020
carbony4red:
Instead of using your voters card, it's preferable you just get your national ID card with your real name and use it to swear a court affidavit to back up your biters card because I'm not sure INEC made any plans for name correction on voters ID card.

Your second paragraph is out of place. INEC has a database of registered users. If you try to register again, the official in charge would know and you may be prosecuted.
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by daniwise(m): 11:20am On Aug 03, 2020
If it was bbnaija topic u will have seen up 7pages,but topics that will better our lives and Commonwealth are always met with ridicule. Politicians are already scheming towards 2023,but we the youths are busy with bbnaija.Isn't it obvious that something is seriously wrong with us?I also lost my voters card,plz any reasonable suggestions on how to get another?
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by frankputer: 11:49am On Aug 03, 2020
if you are close to abuja or reside in Abuja.
visit there head Quarters , put up your complain at ICT unit,
it will be corrected in few seconds and u will be re-issued with a temporary one instantly.
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Bahamas95(m): 11:54am On Aug 03, 2020
ifeanyija:
just do national ID and forget the voter's card
National ID card? I did mine over 5years ago and I haven't gotten it since then. They said I will be notified via SMS when it's ready but no update till today. Even went to their office 2years ago but they said I should be patient.

Bros how you take collect your own?
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by masarauta11(m): 11:59am On Aug 03, 2020
exynos:

Someone said I should attach a sworn affidavit of correction/change of name to the ID card, although I'm still vague on how feasible it is.

That is what they asked me to submit exactly two years ago, when I enquired about the process of getting new PVC after I lost my own. It is also the same process for changing name and date of birth.

After submitting, they will check your details in their computer, and note down the corrections you asked for. Then they will give you a slip with your details, and give you a date to come back and check if your new card is available.

Mind you, I yet to get my one.
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by ifeanyija(m): 12:10pm On Aug 03, 2020
Bahamas95:
National ID card? I did mine over 5years ago and I haven't gotten it since then. They said I will be notified via SMS when it's ready but no update till today. Even went to their office 2years ago but they said I should be patient.

Bros how you take collect your own?
The slip will be given to u same day,its valid
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Bahamas95(m): 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2020
ifeanyija:
The slip will be given to u same day,its valid
Slip ke? I wanted to open an account sometime ago and it was rejected in the bank o. I have even misplaced it sef. (Lol)

Anyways I now have my PVC, ain't that desperate to have it anymore. Thanks
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by ademijuwonlo(f): 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
I had similar issue in 2011, haven't change it till date.
Besides, people have more than one voter card with different names.
Since your name is wrongly written, MAYBE YOU SHOULD RE-REGISTER WITH CORRECT NAME
I have issues with my voter's card too, my gender was wrongly put as male instead of female since 2011. And I have not been able to rectify it till date.
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by WOCKHARDI(m): 1:55pm On Aug 03, 2020
As long as your passport photo and other biodata are okay, for voting purposes, continue to answer ANAJE. It doesn't matter because that's the name on the Voters Register. Right? Right.
For other purposes, use your National ID, Driving Licence or Nigerian Passport.
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Fortune118005(m): 2:05pm On Aug 03, 2020
sageer1706:
I also have same issue, pls any idea

Make sure you swore an affidavit, that's the best thing to do.
Where are you residing, I can help you to do the affidavit.
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by ifeanyija(m): 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2020
Bahamas95:
Slip ke? I wanted to open an account sometime ago and it was rejected in the bank o. I have even misplaced it sef. (Lol)

Anyways I now have my PVC, ain't that desperate to have it anymore. Thanks
there are 2 slips, transaction slip and national ID number slip. Go with the secondnd slip, im inside bank and it's acceptable.
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by ubanett(m): 2:44pm On Aug 03, 2020
droidview:
Thats a costly mistake.

Meanwhile, with just 3k, I can teach you how to design ecommerce website by friday.

See: https://www.nairaland.com/6028411/ecommerce-website-training
sure?
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by anytexy: 3:28pm On Aug 03, 2020
Same here bro. I don go their office tire

Naija is a failed state nothing works here.
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by droidview: 3:51pm On Aug 03, 2020
ubanett:
sure?

yes i am sure.

check my signature for whatsapp number and lets chat.
Re: Help! Correction Of Data On Voter's ID Card by Meekha(m): 4:45pm On Aug 03, 2020
YorubaKinging:
The end is near

Don't believe anything the lying scientists say

Not even climate change

My house was flooded this year. It has never happened. What caused it??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ado-Awaye: The 7 Wonders Of The Mysterious Town In Oyo / Nairalanders E-protest Against Child Marriage: Sign your Petition Here Guys! / 5 Things You Need To Stop Doing In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.