Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,687 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn (5670 Views)

Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language / The Shortest Complete Sentence In English Language Is ...? / 8 Words You’d Find In Both The Igbo And Yoruba Languages, But Different Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by dprpikin: 8:43pm On Aug 02, 2020
Bahamas95:
Thanks for the enlightenment, noted.

You are welcome.

We are all here to learn, though it is rather unfortunate that many resort to insult to drive their point.
Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by Danzysb(m): 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2020
Igbo is somehow,you need to be committed to learn it. And even if Igbo is hard or what ever,if an elder or some adults find out that,The person cannot speak Igbo but grew up in Igbo land,It will sound really wrong to them and they will start asking questions that will give you a hard time.
Mana,Igbo di uto,n'onu(Igbo is sweet in the mouth)when you finally learn it...

4 Likes

Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by pquaver(m): 9:21pm On Aug 02, 2020
OruExpress:

lol at 'but at least its not english'. Nna go and learn Igbo or leave it alone. You're very intent on saying what you're saying, true or false, but ultimately your solution will be to learn Igbo.

Oga you are not better than me at igbo.. I do not need to learn igbo because I am a native speaker.. Born and bred in Owerri.. So that is your damn business
Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by pquaver(m): 9:30pm On Aug 02, 2020
Danzysb:
Igbo is somehow,you need to be committed to learn it. And even if Igbo is hard or what ever,if an elder or some adults find out that,The person cannot speak Igbo but grew up in Igbo land,It will sound really wrong to them and they will start asking questions that will give you a hard time.
Mana,Igbo di uto,n'onu(Igbo is sweet in the mouth)when you finally learn it...

Igbo di uto. mana anyi ga ekwu euiokwu di na nmuta Igbo. Igbo adighi mfe Imuts mana anyi ga na akwa lite nmuo ndi choro imuta igbo ka ha gaa ni iru.

I speak Igbo English and German.. I cannot come out and say German is so easy to learn when I know as an adult it has its own difficulty.. But you will still encourage whoever wants to learn it.. Even English is difficult for non native speakers.. Is it because we learn it from childhood in Nigeria? Don't worry when you come and start rapping English with your correct grammar you will see how some oyinbo will look at you with amazement
Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by pquaver(m): 9:38pm On Aug 02, 2020
LadySarah:

Onye ka I wu? Onye MA gi? I by onye?
Enyi jee nodu odu!

Asi gi dee ihe niile ahu na igbo, e dee mkpuru ihe ato.. Mana e nwere onu I si Igbo di mfe.. Enyi ga duru odu.. I bu onye.. Onye ma gi. I mepe onu e na ako nsi..mana e maghi igbo.. Enye gaa na ime ohia gaa kpodu Ala.. Nonsense
Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by LadySarah: 9:41pm On Aug 02, 2020
pquaver:

Asi gi dee ihe niile ahu na igbo, e dee mkpuru ihe ato.. Mana e nwere onu I si Igbo di mfe.. Enyi ga duru odu.. I bu onye.. Onye ma gi. I mepe onu e na ako nsi..mana e maghi igbo.. Enye gaa na ime ohia gaa kpodu Ala.. Nonsense
grin
pquaver:

Odinma. Tinyere ndi ozo aka n'emebi asusu gi. I de ya enweghi Ihe o GA efu m. I nugo?
Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by pquaver(m): 9:46pm On Aug 02, 2020
LadySarah:
grin

Odinma. Tinyere ndi ozo aka n'emebi asusu gi. I de ya enweghi Ihe o GA efu m. I nugo?

Kedu otu esi emebi asusu anyi? Na mu si Igbo hausa na yoruba, Igbo adighi mfe e muta? Asi ghi mu onye choro I muta ya aghi amuta ya. Mana ime ato ahu igbo adighi mfe.. Ole otu o si buru e mebi asusu? A si mu na igbo ka mfe e muta na nwata karia na okenye. Ma na onye choro e muta ya ga amuta Yama ya tinye ya uche. A na ma asu deutsch. ndi ebe a anyi nu (Germans) ga agwa gi si asusu ha adighi mfe, mana gi tinye ya uche e ga a muta ya.. Ha na eme bi kwa asusu ha?..
Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by Malawian(m): 9:49pm On Aug 02, 2020
I remember jss1 in boarding school, when one man came into our classroom calling himself Mazi and saying he is our Igbo Language teacher, I was like teach me language I already knew? It was when he began writing A B CH D E F GB GH cheesy cheesy omo no be small thing o. That was when I realized Igbo language is also written and read. I thought it was only spoken and heard before then.

2 Likes

Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by IduNaOba: 11:24pm On Aug 02, 2020
Bighead9:

Chai, see lies. You still wan chest beat over language wey everyone testified that it's the hardest. Must you chest beat over everything?
Being the hardest means it's the best

1 Like

Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by paul100(m): 11:41pm On Aug 02, 2020
Arrewa:
Igbo is the most simplest language to learn

I learn how to speak igbo fluently within 2yrs
Please how did you learn it? It is through internet or someone teaching you.I will like to be fluently in Igbo language
Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by paul100(m): 11:46pm On Aug 02, 2020
Obalatule:
Yes, I understand most Igbo dialects including the far fetched reaches of Anioma, but Ebonyi clans have the heaviest Igbo I've heard, wayy too heavy for me
How did you learn anioma Igbo dialects.I am the first son and I don't know anything about my language
Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by Aguemma(m): 12:44am On Aug 03, 2020
dprpikin:

Which Onitsha are you talking about?

The purest form of Igbo language is spoken in Aba, followed by Owerri/Orlu.

Orlu ndi nwe m

1 Like

Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by OruExpress: 5:51am On Aug 03, 2020
pquaver:

Oga you are not better than me at igbo.. I do not need to learn igbo because I am a native speaker.. Born and bred in Owerri.. So that is your damn business

that is good but you're the one that started a thread about how you can't speak igbo fully and therefore something is wrong with the igbo langauge and not you.
Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by pquaver(m): 8:41am On Aug 03, 2020
OruExpress:

that is good but you're the one that started a thread about how you can't speak igbo fully and therefore something is wrong with the igbo langauge and not you.

Is that exactly what you understood from what I wrote? That something is wrong with igbo? I think you should read my contribution to the thread again.. Another again I was not the one who opened the thread.. Have a nice day.
Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by Gambit23: 11:07am On Jun 06, 2021
OruExpress:

lol at 'but at least its not english'. Nna go and learn Igbo or leave it alone. You're very intent on saying what you're saying, true or false, but ultimately your solution will be to learn Igbo.

He's an afonja
Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by Gambit23: 11:09am On Jun 06, 2021
pquaver:
I think Igbo is actually the hardest of the 3 main Nigeria languages.. As a native Igbo speaker I cannot speak igbo for 20 mins to 30 mins without English words creeping in to better describe my point or convey my idea. But I watch with amusement as yorubas and hausas speak for about an 1hr and they will not borrow from English.. I thought I was the only one but when I noticed lots of older Igbos, African magic Igbo and lots of people do same things unlike our yoruba and hausa counterparts.. Then I knew that Igbo is hard even for native speakers talkless learner.

Onye ala nkwoagu, Iburo onye IGBO. Oso gi ina ezuzu ebe nine, iman bukwanu onye IGBO. Onye isi ndi awusa-afonja ofe ose
Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by pquaver(m): 4:34pm On Jun 06, 2021
Gambit23:

Onye ala nkwoagu, Iburo onye IGBO. Oso gi ina ezuzu ebe nine, iman bukwanu onye IGBO. Onye isi ndi awusa-afonja ofe ose

Ogba sara gi. A naghi eme ka obi di gi uto. Igbo ka mu bu. E nwere mu uche nke mu. A ghaghi eme ihe ga odi gi MA obu Nnamdi Kanu nma. E kpocha mu onye ofe mmanu MA o bu awusa enwe ghi ihe o we puru mu na ahu. Ga elu ga Ala abu tu kwa onye IGBO.. Ya na adighi nma je gba kuru transformer. Onye nzuzu
Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by Obarofrederick(m): 6:16pm On Jun 06, 2021
dprpikin:

You should know that Hausa language has a lot of adaptions from other languages-- notably Arabic and even English languages.

English language itself owes it's versatility to its overwhelming adaptations from Latin and French languages. I would dare say that more than half of the English words in use today does not originate from the native speakers.

Igbo language, on the other hand, is very rigid.
More than half of the English words are from Latin
Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by Victorini100(m): 1:37pm On Oct 18, 2022
You funny Sha. Hausa dey speak English? They mix with arabic
Bahamas95:
I think it's the same thing with Igbo and Yoruba. There's always that fusion of English, you can attest to that in their movies..... Whenever you watch a Yoruba or Igbo movie they speak YORUGLISH or ENLIGBO through out. I don't know if they are forming posh or something.

The only language I have heard native speakers speak without or little fusion of English for lengthy periods is Hausa.
Re: Why The IGBO Language is Particularly Hard To Learn by Victorini100(m): 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2022
Nwannem ezioku. Ma na o na ewutem na mua amaghi ASU Cha asusu anyi ofuma. Bro my greatest anger
Aguemma:

Orlu ndi nwe m

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unilag Mba: What Is The Difference Between Regular & Executive? / Writing Exam In The Dream / Nigeria To Enrol 10.2 Million Out-Of-School Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.