Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? (6591 Views)

For Believers: Bible Studies For Spiritual Growth / "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church / Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by JourneytoEL(f): 2:30am On Aug 02, 2020
When was the last time you prayed for spiritual growth? Most Christians only pray and fast for jobs, spouse, money, children etc. While all these are good, there is something better than all these. It is salvation. Jesus said in Matt 6:33, Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and its righteousness, and every other thing will be added to you.
Make it a habit to make out time to pray and fast for the grace to be a better Christian, to have the Fear of God, to save souls for Jesus and also for the infilling of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus said in Luke 11:13, If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!

By his grace, I'm a living testimony to the power in this prayer.

You can also pray for gifts of the Holy Spirit such as prophecy, gifts of healing, Wisdom, Love etc. As Apostle Paul said in 1 Cor 12:29-30, Do all possess extraordinary powers of healing? Do all speak with tongues? Do all interpret?
But earnestly desire and zealously cultivate the greatest and best gifts and graces (the higher gifts and the choicest graces). And yet I will show you a still more excellent way [one that is better by far and the highest of them all–love]. (AMP version)

It's important, however, to seek God with a genuine heart and not a heart of greed or ulterior motive. As James 4:3 will say, When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.

Are you guilty of not praying for your spiritual life? Now is the time to explore this dimension. Endeavor to pray with Matt 7:7. Have you experienced the greatness of this prayer, share your story and advice in this thread.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by FahBuLous: 4:58am On Aug 02, 2020
This is a prayer point every christian should always focus on, there are hidden battles we don't know about, but if you are strong spiritually, its a win win for you.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Kobojunkie: 5:19am On Aug 02, 2020
FahBuLous:
This is a prayer point every christian should always focus on, there are hidden battles we don't know about, but if you are strong spiritually, its a win win for you.
There is no such thing in the lives of those who are followers of Jesus Christ. Read the gospel of John chapters 14, 15 and 16 to understand why such belief is meaningless for those who are followers of In Jesus Christ and are born of the Spirit.

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by FahBuLous: 5:27am On Aug 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:
There is no such thing in the lives of those who are followers of Jesus Christ. Read the gospel of John chapters 14, 15 and 16 to understand why such belief is meaningless for those who are followers of In Jesus Christ and are born of the Spirit.
Are you following him righteously??
If you are not, you need to pray for your spiritual growth....
Its just like having money and still praying for more money, keep praying for spiritual growth, stop hiding under "being born in spirit"

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Kobojunkie: 5:31am On Aug 02, 2020
FahBuLous:

Its just like having money and still praying for more money, keep praying for spiritual growth, stop hiding under "being born in spirit"
Tell me, what do you think it means to be righteous? undecided

Those who have the Spirit of God living in them do not ned to pray for spiritual growth because at the lead of the Spirit, He directs and instructs them every step of the way..the Spirit living inside of them is the same one that lived inside of Jesus Christ when He was on earth. He leads them every step And they submit to being led all the way.... He is the master and they are the servant

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by loadedvibes: 6:14am On Aug 02, 2020
Do you pray for spiritual growth or you just do the word of God and see yourself grow. Anyway buy your kids Educational Tablets

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by JourneytoEL(f): 6:24am On Aug 02, 2020
Happy Sunday
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Kobojunkie: 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2020
post=92362000:
Do you pray for spiritual growth or you just do the word of God and see yourself grow. Anyway buy your kids Educational Tablets
excellent question

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by martinmiller: 11:34pm On Aug 02, 2020
It's very easy and simple, the reason why you should pray or ask for( spiritual growth ) is because knowing the works of the holy spirit and how it directs is of a high importance in our life as Christians. However, you should pray for spiritual growth and divine directions to succeed at whatever departments of life, read about the character of the holy spirit from John chap 3 to 4 for better understanding !

quote author=Kobojunkie post=92375469] excellent question[/quote]
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Kobojunkie: 3:54am On Aug 03, 2020
martinmiller:
It's very easy and simple, the reason why you should pray or ask for( spiritual growth ) is because knowing the works of the holy spirit and how it directs is of a high importance in our life as Christians. However, you should pray for spiritual growth and divine directions to succeed at whatever departments of life, read about the character of the holy spirit from John chap 3 to 4 for better understanding !
I am sorry but I think you fail to see how that still does not make sense of any kind.

You don't seem to understand what part He, the Spirit of God, plays in the life of those He possesses. If you read The gospel of John Chapters 14, 15, & 16, you get a really good idea of who is meant to be in our lives. He is meant to take complete control over our everydays lives --- Our sleeping, eating, drinking, working, walking, talking, thinking, farting, learning, etc. The Spirit of God is the same Spirit that came down on Jesus Christ on the day He was baptized; the very same one that raised Jesus Christ from the death, the one who worked all the miracles in the man Jesus Christ.

When He comes to live inside of each follower of Jesus Christ, what does He do? He becomes the driver, the LEAD, in that life... you, the owner of the life, take the back seat(not even the front passenger seat), so He makes the decision as to how fast or how slow you go along this journey and no matter how much you cry or wail, what He is say is TRUST GOD & OBEY HIM... Just TRUST GOD. It is in infuriating to hear this ALWAYS but it is what you have to do anyways. So, when you find yourself in this situation, your prayers for spiritual growth may in fact end up leaving you frustrated and distracted for a while... probably causing you to think you need to take back the wheel from Him, but He will keep urging you to TRUST GOD, and eventually, you will see that you need to learn what it means to TRUST GOD and obey His prompt whenever you hear it.

P.S. It is easier said than done! grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by JourneytoEL(f): 7:38am On Aug 09, 2020
Happy Sunday. “In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight” Prov 3:6
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by DropsMic(m): 7:58am On Aug 09, 2020

So long as your conscience is intact you are good to go
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Capsule101(m): 8:50am On Aug 09, 2020
All na scam
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I am not really sure the spirit that is inside of you.

I go through your post and you are always in every religious section but instead of a meek and a lowly individual willing to learn and encourage other believers you are always encouraging division without any reasonable solution to anything.

You have challenged Apostle Paul's message, mocked king David, even mocked believers that are struggling to learn the things of God. You claim to be the wisest and know all but you carefully wait to challenge other believers. I was once like you, bitter and hasty and always willing to talk down on any christian because i believed i was armed with my own knowledge of the scriptures but i didn't realise the holy spirit wasn't operating in me. I read the bible with literal understanding just like you do now.

The spirit inside of you is wicked and carnal and can never see God. You resist spiritual growth, you hate men of God, you can never have the holy spirit inside of you.

Your words are carefully written as if to tear down the body of christ. Brother their is something in you that knows Jesus but vehemently resists the holy spirit. I don't know what that thing is but i pray God delivers you.

To other believers out there, pray for spiritual growth.

If Apostle Paul could say this: Philippians 3:10
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Carry your cross daily and pray for strength to strength, faith to faith. Amen

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by KINGJAJA888(m): 8:51am On Aug 09, 2020
sadW
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Nigerianleleyi0: 8:51am On Aug 09, 2020
Last year crossover night.

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Righteousness89(m): 8:52am On Aug 09, 2020
FahBuLous:

Brother, Ignore that bro..
Titus 3:9-11

9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Slawormir: 8:52am On Aug 09, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Only pussy asss niggarrrs pray for spiritual growth when it is very obvious there is nothing spiritual about life
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by YorubaLord: 8:52am On Aug 09, 2020
When was the last time 9ja Daddy G.Os preached spiritual growth? angry
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by tydi(m): 8:53am On Aug 09, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Isoright

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by oyeb15: 8:53am On Aug 09, 2020
hunger no allow us remember spiritual growth. Person wey dey hungry no they understand preaching.

Nigeria is Hell already.

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by joseff14(m): 8:53am On Aug 09, 2020
We need technological growth. This is 21st century :[

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Revolva(m): 8:54am On Aug 09, 2020
Spiritual growth how abi pray for money to full bank ACC

Who xtrainty prayer help self I pray to my ancestors abeg the traditional way is d best
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 09, 2020
Righteousness89:

Brother, Ignore that bro...
shocked someone who has job won't be spamming all thread on nairaland

Seun ahbeg find job for this nigga....no be because of you nairaland dey exist...you mustn't comment on all posts
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Righteousness89(m): 8:55am On Aug 09, 2020
Awesome Admonishment...

God Help us to Understand these things

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by OkhaiAsein(m): 8:56am On Aug 09, 2020
Mai no lie.. e don tey o
I'll design a brand logo and flyers for your business at affordable price
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Salvagedrunk: 8:58am On Aug 09, 2020
The financial growth that I'm praying for has not been answered. So one at a time
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by redsun(m): 9:03am On Aug 09, 2020
Your spiritual growth may just be something as simple as taking the advice of "mummy calm down'' seriously. There is more to that little boy's expression in a violent and irrational country like Nigeria than most people are seeing.

Critical thinking is the key to mental, physical and the so-called spiritual elevation.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Dangrace01: 9:04am On Aug 09, 2020
Ok
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Kemimarch16(f): 9:04am On Aug 09, 2020
I can't even remember

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Masturbation A Sin? / Africans May Never Recover From This Blow / If The Soul Is Immaterial How Does It Experience The 'heat' Of Hell ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.