Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,751 members, 7,806,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? (6597 Views)

For Believers: Bible Studies For Spiritual Growth / "Your Spiritual Welfare Is Our Concern" - Deeper Life Bible Church / Daddy Freeze: "I Have Prayed For An Enemy To Die Before, I Won’t Lie" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Kobojunkie: 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2020
Myer:

I beg to differ sir. Perhaps you're the one who needs to read the gospels more. Most of the prayers of the apostles to the church were for spiritual growth in wisdom, utterance and love.
The Gospels refer to the recordings of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant that God commands us.

The epistles aren't the source of our knowledge but stories from some of those who spent time with Jesus Christ while He was on earth.

Jesus Christ is your ONLY Teacher and you should examine your every assumption or understanding of what is written against His word which is the Truth of God. How did Paul Himself put it again? " Let man be a liar and God be True".
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Kobojunkie: 2:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
nuttyhnic:

We shouldnt pray for spiritual growth?
Doctrine of Devils. Beware people.
Where did Jesus Christ, the New Covenant that is God's Grace and Truth to man, ask or command you to pray for "spiritual growth"?

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Kinzo0917(m): 2:34pm On Aug 09, 2020
I don't see anything wrong praying � for spiritual growth. I ve bn doing it a bit b4.Now it will be 80% more
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by delkuf(m): 2:44pm On Aug 09, 2020
JourneytoEL:
Happy Sunday. “In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight” Prov 3:6
Happy Sunday to you too. You have made sense that kobojunkies is just messing every thing that come his way
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by delkuf(m): 2:45pm On Aug 09, 2020
nuttyhnic:

I am not really sure the spirit that is inside of you.

I go through your post and you are always in every religious section but instead of a meek and a lowly individual willing to learn and encourage other believers you are always encouraging division without any reasonable solution to anything.

You have challenged Apostle Paul's message, mocked king David, even mocked believers that are struggling to learn the things of God. You claim to be the wisest and know all but you carefully wait to challenge other believers. I was once like you, bitter and hasty and always willing to talk down on any christian because i believed i was armed with my own knowledge of the scriptures but i didn't realise the holy spirit wasn't operating in me. I read the bible with literal understanding just like you do now.

The spirit inside of you is wicked and carnal and can never see God. You resist spiritual growth, you hate men of God, you can never have the holy spirit inside of you.

Your words are carefully written as if to tear down the body of christ. Brother their is something in you that knows Jesus but vehemently resists the holy spirit. I don't know what that thing is but i pray God delivers you.

To other believers out there, pray for spiritual growth.

If Apostle Paul could say this: Philippians 3:10
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Carry your cross daily and pray for strength to strength, faith to faith. Amen
God bless you for this.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Aug 09, 2020
fetrillion:

He that thinketh he stands,take heed less he falls ...
If you can't even TRUST God at His own word, what do you hope your prayers for "Spiritual growth" will yield if not more of the same MISTRUST in God?

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kinzo0917:
I don't see anything wrong praying � for spiritual growth. I ve bn doing it a bit b4.Now it will be 80% more
So what is that 80% more you speak of?

What "Spiritual growth" have you really experienced in that time?

And please HONESTY since this is no competition after all.

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by doubleportion: 3:17pm On Aug 09, 2020
I can see religion is gradually taking over Christianity,the later which is the Very life of Christ that we must live as a Christian.
Growing up spiritually is borne out of having PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST.As a result of that there is an hunger induced by His presence to want to know Him more, having the kind of experience that you never had anywhere and you know you can't get anywhere, you settle down to know more of Him. In as much as we are called not to live our lives (cannal) and we don't want to loose Him, we are careful to obey and do His will to maintain the relationship we have got by grace. At this point we don't measure our spiritual life based on how often we are attending church programmes, but seek something deeper. It gets to point that if we are to ask anything in prayers, it's more of Him, because you never get satisfied.
Also your Bible study will no longer be methodical, in most cases Holy spirit drag you to Bible via meditations,He will give you scriptures that you will forced to check up.

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am sorry but I think you fail to see how that still does not make sense of any kind.

You don't seem to understand what part He, the Spirit of God, plays in the life of those He possesses. If you read The gospel of John Chapters 14, 15, & 16, you get a really good idea of who is meant to be in our lives. He is meant to take complete control over our everydays lives --- Our sleeping, eating, drinking, working, walking, talking, thinking, farting, learning, etc. The Spirit of God is the same Spirit that came down on Jesus Christ on the day He was baptized; the very same one that raised Jesus Christ from the death, the one who worked all the miracles in the man Jesus Christ.

When He comes to live inside of each follower of Jesus Christ, what does He do? He becomes the driver, the LEAD, in that life... you, the owner of the life, take the back seat(not even the front passenger seat), so He makes the decision as to how fast or how slow you go along this journey and no matter how much you cry or wail, what He is say is TRUST GOD & OBEY HIM... Just TRUST GOD. It is in infuriating to hear this ALWAYS but it is what you have to do anyways. So, when you find yourself in this situation, your prayers for spiritual growth may in fact end up leaving you frustrated and distracted for a while... probably causing you to think you need to take back the wheel from Him, but He will keep urging you to TRUST GOD, and eventually, you will see that you need to learn what it means to TRUST GOD and obey His prompt whenever you hear it.

P.S. It is easier said than done! grin

talking, walking, shitting...and even farting?

so the holy spirit tells you when to shit and mess?

lol.

religion sha
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by NELLY1990: 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2020
I love this thread. Thanks OP. We need Spiritual growth, it’s the only way forward both in the Spiritual and Physical.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Mikenuelmike: 3:49pm On Aug 09, 2020
I was blessed by this. Thanks.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Aug 09, 2020
xxxtedyxxx:

talking, walking, shitting...and even farting?

so the holy spirit tells you when to shit and mess?

lol.

religion sha
your response is to be expected but you will never understand unless you ask questions, you know?
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
your response is to be expected but you will never understand unless you ask questions, you know?

Why would any sensible person want to concern hoim/herself with how the holy spirit controls farting?

funny dude.

Don't say this in public oh grin
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Sunnybabe(m): 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2020
post=92362000:
Do you pray for spiritual growth or you just do the word of God and see yourself grow. Anyway buy your kids Educational Tablets
I think what prayer should be is that "The Lord should give us grace to do His will in other grow spiritually and have spiritual knowledge". coz it takes Grace for you to do the words of God and also for the grace to manifest, it takes determination, commitment and dedication.

anyways I pray that May God gives us Knowledge
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Aug 09, 2020
xxxtedyxxx:

Why would any sensible person want to concern hoim/herself with how the holy spirit controls farting?
funny dude.
Don't say this in public oh grin
For one, "A sensible person" would be curious to understand the reason for the mention, not jump to an 'unfounded' conclusion.

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Olarewaju89: 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2020
Every blessed day oo
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by JourneytoEL(f): 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2020
delkuf:
Happy Sunday to you too. You have made sense that kobojunkies is just messing every thing that come his way
thanks, I pray he will one day be delivered from the spirit influencing his thoughts
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 5:16pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
For one, "A sensible person" would be curious to understand the reason for the mention, not jump to an 'unfounded' conclusion.

oga...how does holy spirit control your shit and mess?
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Torie8(f): 5:29pm On Aug 09, 2020
God bless me and make me stronger spiritually.Amen.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by mhizsuzzy(f): 6:05pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Be more specific... When Jesus Christ taught you how to pray, what part of it did you get the command to pray for 'Spiritual growth'?

In all the times, you read of Jesus Christ praying, what particular prayer do you remember Him praying for 'Spiritual growth'?

He told you exactly how and what to pray for. Are you suggesting that when He prayed, He went off script instead to pray for "Spiritual growth"?

Come on people! Stop letting your MOGs deceive you into disobeying the commandments of Jesus Christ in the name of God. Jesus Christ taught you exactly what to pray for when you pray... What part of the Lord's prayer...whether you decide it a template or pray it exactly as given amounts to praying for " Spiritual growth"?

Lead us not into temptations (may we not succumb to sin. let us be sinless- transformation to be like Christ is the peak of spirituality and it's God desire we be like him)

Study this scripture Galatians 6:1-3 and Romans 12:3. I will be glad if you do so
Do it before replying first
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Aug 09, 2020
mhizsuzzy:

Lead us not into temptations (may we not succumb to sin. let us be sinless- transformation to be like Christ is the peak of spirituality and it's God desire we be like him)
What? shocked

Can you please stop injecting your your DELUSIONS/misconceptions into what is written.

The bit mentioned says., "(Our Father)...LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION".

Nothing about that says " let us be sinless.

Nothing about that says " transform us to be like Jesus Christ" -Jesus Christ endured temptation much like we all do, so how can that even be the meaning in that line?

Please re-Read and comprehend what is written in that line as you would any other English language statement abeg..

I suggest you study the Lord's Prayer and Jesus Christ's own examples to understand what Jesus Christ is indeed telling us to do there.

And I made certain to ask you examples of Jesus Christ praying for Spiritual growth, by the way.

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by mhizsuzzy(f): 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What? shocked

Can you please stop injecting your your DELUSIONS/misconceptions into what is written.

Nothing about that says " transform us to be like Jesus Christ" -Jesus Christ endured temptation much like we all do, so how can that even be the meaning in that line?

Please re-Read and comprehend what is written in that line as you would any other English language statement abeg..

I suggest you study the Lord's Prayer and Jesus Christ's own examples to understand what Jesus Christ is indeed telling us to do there.

And I made certain to ask you examples of Jesus Christ praying for Spiritual growth, by the way.

Matthew 6:9-13
King James Version
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

After the baptism-----40days fasting and prayer-------Temptation.

On the earlier post on MOG. It is only pride that makes one not listen to others and think his opinions higher than that was why I recommended for you. Which is clear that you didn't read/study. You really need real communication with God cos you have a lot of pride. God resists the pride. Jesus who we look upon went to the temple and listen with keen to their teachings. He was baptized by John. Elisah/Elijah. He recognized those (the prophets) that came before him. He washed the feet of his disciple even been the son of God in human flesh.
You can't know God well only if the spirit does to you.
If you have the spirit in you as you said...Are you sure you have not grieve him cos evident of his presence is the fruits you bear and humility is one...

Shalom
May God bless you
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by delkuf(m): 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2020
JourneytoEL:
thanks, I pray he will one day be delivered from the spirit influencing his thoughts
I say Amen to that
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by mhizsuzzy(f): 6:42pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What? shocked

Temptations leads to sin if you fail. If there is no
temptation, there will no sin. Jesus withstand temptation cos he was in constant connection with the father. How can one be in constant connection with the father?
In all occasions, pray at all time.
It is pride that makes a man not see he needs God in all aspect of his life...

Thanks
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Kobojunkie: 6:47pm On Aug 09, 2020
mhizsuzzy:

Temptations leads to sin if you fail. If there is no
temptation, there will no sin. Jesus withstand temptation cos he was in constant connection with the father. How can one be in constant connection with the father?
In all occasions, pray at all time.
It is pride that makes a man not see he needs God in all aspect of his life...
Thanks
How can one be in constant connection with the father?

When one becomes Born again/Born of the spirit, one is reborn into a state of constant connection to the Father. That is the message Jesus Christ delivered to us all over 2000 years ago, a message that is TRUE even to this day. Those who are born again...God Himself makes His home inside of such and He becomes their only Teacher, Guide, Counselor, Helper, Protector, comforter, etc.

Go read through John 14/15/16 to understand what Jesus Christ said about this and the why of this.

You need to stop running along with what you have been told...become like a Child, so that instead of letting men teach you, God Himself will, about who He is, what He wants for you, and about Himself.

Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by shittu1991(m): 7:40pm On Aug 09, 2020
Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.

Brothers and sisters Stay away from Sins, come to God he alone can save. The time is near.

Watch and pray!!!
God bless you all
Re: When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Your Spiritual Growth? by Kobojunkie: 6:19am On Aug 10, 2020
mhizsuzzy:
Matthew 6:9-13
King James Version
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
After the baptism-----40days fasting and prayer-------Temptation.
Jesus Christ walked on earth as He human, so it follows that He experienced most every kind of temptation humans experience, not just the one record of the famed tempting of Jesus Christ after His 40 days of Fasting.
mhizsuzzy:
On the earlier post on MOG. It is only pride that makes one not listen to others and think his opinions higher than that was why I recommended for you.
What pride made me post the truth according to the word of Jesus Christ ? I didn't offer an OPINION... Nope, I made known what Jesus Christ Himself made clear to all those who are His followers.. His Truth!
mhizsuzzy:
Which is clear that you didn't read/study. You really need real communication with God cos you have a lot of pride. God resists the pride.
I didn't read/study what exactly? Real Communication with God? But those of us who are born of the Spirit are in direct communication with God through His very Spirit every moment of every day. So what other communication is there to ask for? And what pride do you continue to speak of?
mhizsuzzy:
Jesus who we look upon went to the temple and listen with keen to their teachings. He was baptized by John. Elisah/Elijah. He recognized those (the prophets) that came before him. He washed the feet of his disciple even been the son of God in human flesh.
Jesus Christ recognized those that came before Him? Are you somehow suggesting that the very word of the Living God received counsel from the lips of mere men who God used as prophets? shocked
Sure, He washed the feet of His disciples, but is this subject about what again?
mhizsuzzy:
You can't know God well only if the spirit does to you.
If you have the spirit in you as you said...Are you sure you have not grieve him cos evident of his presence is the fruits you bear and humility is one...
Well, He is not complaining so, NO!
mhizsuzzy:
Shalom
May God bless you
This is meaninglessness, you know that, right?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yahweh's Real - My Vision Of Hell / Why Do God Have To Create People GAY? Why? / Describe Tunde Bakare In Two Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.