Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / . (3949 Views)

Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Babygal2020(f): 10:26am On Aug 04, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Nah express hin ègùngun dey enta so......... cheesy

Good morning sir, pls help a sister. How do I migrate to UK. I'm a Microbiologist. Graduated with 2:1..... It seems I need additional qualifications to help me secure a job from Nigeria. Any tips? Pls help me. I don't want to exaggerate but I'm very sound academically.
@omopapa , I also need your help.

1 Like

Re: . by Lexusgs430: 10:50am On Aug 04, 2020
Heathrow44:

grin grin, na better Onitsha-Enugu express way oo! But Lexusgs430, I won dey serious ask u this question, how do African immigrants get paid in the UK market, cos I read a post somewhere where they said African immigrants aren't really absorbed into the UK job market, is the Asians that own many businesses and they employ their own the same with the core brits, does it mean Nigerians in particular can't via 4 the good jobs there, what are the chances of getting a good job as a Nigerian

Today is not April 1st..........
Re: . by Dayoebe(m): 11:04am On Aug 04, 2020
Lemme follow this thread cos me sef wan japa after this B.tech Ind. Maths. Aiming for Canada or any english speaking country outside Africa

1 Like

Re: . by EgunMogaji2: 11:06am On Aug 04, 2020
Heathrow44:

went through the Egunmogaji2 profile, seems his a core Nigerian, that speaks up Nigeria, is good that his proud of his country but to be honest, nobody should be! The country is a complete disaster! But I hope to see his reply to this !

I’m good.

Have a nice day.
Re: . by EgunMogaji2: 11:09am On Aug 04, 2020
searchng4love:

Shots fired....egunmogaji2

Please give this up.

I’m matured enough to respect the opinion and personal choices of others.

We all deserve to live where we want.

5 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 04, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I’m good.

Have a nice day.

Hmm,nobody is fighting with u, want to get ur own opinion on how u feel Nigeria is redeemable! And why anyone should still chose to remain here in Nigeria?
Re: . by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 04, 2020
Babygal2020:

Good morning sir, pls help a sister. How do I migrate to UK. I'm a Microbiologist. Graduated with 2:1..... It seems I need additional qualifications to help me secure a job from Nigeria. Any tips? Pls help me. I don't want to exaggerate but I'm very sound academically.

Lexusgs430 pls do the needful, she needs ur advice !
Re: . by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 04, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Please give this up.

I’m matured enough to respect the opinion and personal choices of others.

We all deserve to live where we want.

grin, this man is funny! Pls give this up grin,
Re: . by EgunMogaji2: 11:25am On Aug 04, 2020
Heathrow44:

Hmm,nobody is fighting with u, want to get ur own opinion on how u feel Nigeria is redeemable! And why anyone should still chose to remain here in Nigeria?

Fighting ke? cheesy

Have a nice day.

PS: I made/make my choices, others are free to do same.

3 Likes

Re: . by Lexusgs430: 12:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
Babygal2020:

Direct this question to the living in the UK thread...... Someone would guide you appropriately.........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Babygal2020(f): 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Direct this question to the living in the UK thread...... Someone would guide you appropriately.........
Okay sir.... Thanks

1 Like

Re: . by ghettochild(m): 9:04pm On Aug 04, 2020
Babygal2020:

Go n do ur Msc before u jaapa... Or u go to UK to do ur Msc... Or after ur Msc come to SA....
I'd link u up with a lecturing job...

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2020
ghettochild:

Go n do ur Msc before u jaapa... Or u go to UK to do ur Msc... Or after ur Msc come to SA....

Me na! Ghetto child u no see me kwa, tell me wetin I go fit do 4 my own matter!
Re: . by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2020
Pls who's living in Finland(Helsinki) should tell us how Finland really is, enlighten us!
Re: . by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
ghettochild:

SA lecturing job??

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2020
Somebody here mentioned Canada, I want to know if the person lives there and why he thinks Canada may be better than the two countries I mentioned
Re: . by Babygal2020(f): 8:06am On Aug 05, 2020
ghettochild:

Okay dear. I don't mind doing my MSc here in Naija. I just need assurance of securing a good job afterwards. Thank you so much.
Re: . by AeeNgy(f): 9:17am On Aug 05, 2020
Heathrow44:
Pls who's living in Finland(Helsinki) should tell us how Finland really is, enlighten us!

Hi,

Maybe I can help with your query. Although I don't currently live in Finland, I've visited numerous times as my husband is Finnish.

Finland (aka Suomi) is a relatively small country in comparison to Nigeria. Official language is Finnish but you can also learn Swedish.
I see your interested in Helsinki. As with any capital, Helsinki is an expensive city but as a Nigerian, you'll survive. The most important thing is to learn Finnish as you might find it difficult to find a job where only English is spoken.
There are Africans (mostly Somalians) living in Finland but don't expect to see a similar number as you would in US or UK.
If you have any other question(s), ask away and If I can't give you an answer, I'll ask my hubby.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 05, 2020
Heathrow44:
Somebody here mentioned Canada, I want to know if the person lives there and why he thinks Canada may be better than the two countries I mentioned
Canada is offering permanent residency to people who meet their requirements. You become citizen in 3 years time. If you go to uk with tourists visa and maybe marry one oyinbo it will take you years to regularise and cost you alot. You may also be deported when caught working illegally. Uk is giving work permit to nurses and doctors mostly. Be wise. Canada immigration is getting competitive as the whole world is on the matter,, Trump has banned immigration in usa for now, Australia pr is now harder, uk and Germany international students too dey apply for canada https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: . by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 05, 2020
AeeNgy:

Hi,

Maybe I can help with your query. Although I don't currently live in Finland, I've visited numerous times as my husband is Finnish.

Finland (aka Suomi) is a relatively small country in comparison to Nigeria. Official language is Finnish but you can also learn Swedish.
I see your interested in Helsinki. As with any capital, Helsinki is an expensive city but as a Nigerian, you'll survive. The most important thing is to learn Finnish as you might find it difficult to find a job where only English is spoken.
There are Africans (mostly Somalians) living in Finland but don't expect to see a similar number as you would in US or UK.
If you have any other question(s), ask away and If I can't give you an answer, I'll ask my hubby.

Somalian's .?? Me I shock o 4 the person wey no shock! Of all the Africans that can get to Finland na Somalians! If I'm mistaken is it not Somalia with the terrorist attacks that are citizens or is there any other country in Europe with d same name! Anyways thAnks 4 replying!
Finland and France are the two countries that are the cost of living is very high especially in the high end cities like Paris , and Helsinki but they offer the best standards of living, my sole reason for applying to work in an european country is cos europe is more stable than the US in job security, u can see the many numbeof people that filed for bamkruptcy with d coronavirus, i want to go out of the country but i dont just know how to do it, u know get started although im certain UK would be a better destination for me, HELP! m
Re: . by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Canada is offering permanent residency to people who meet their requirements. You become citizen in 3 years time. If you go to uk with tourists visa and maybe marry one oyinbo it will take you years to regularise and cost you alot. You may also be deported when caught working illegally. Uk is giving work permit to nurses and doctors mostly. Be wise. Canada immigration is getting competitive as the whole world is on the matter,, Trump has banned immigration in usa for now, Australia pr is now harder, uk and Germany international students too dey apply for canada https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

Canada, I'm open to moving to Canada anyways , as long as I can get a decent good paying job there and see how I can get a PR and a strong Canadian passport and move off after like 8yrs to the UK and settle as my Final destination
Re: . by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 05, 2020
AeeNgy:

Hi,

Where are u currently living?
How did u get to Finland? Was it student visa, tourist visa, Citizenship by marriage, or outright payment for PR
Which city were u living in?
What was ur job like and how were u treated as an African u are? Will u say the Finnish people are any racists? Do they hate Black's ?
Do u av any regrets while still in Finland and after u left?
Would u still go to Finland if u wanted to? And y?

I know this are personal questions, u can chose to not to reply!
Re: . by AeeNgy(f): 6:13pm On Aug 07, 2020
Heathrow44:

Hiya,

I currently live in the UK. Only went to Finland after my marriage. As far as I'm aware, there's no citizenship by marriage in Finland. You are either Finnish by birth or via residency.
I didn't work in Finland so can't say much about the work environment. Generally, I never had any issues with the people while there but like every European country, racism exists. I don't think you should let the fear of racism deter you if that's your country of choice.
With regards to visiting Finland again, yes I can still visit because my parents in-law live there.
All the best.

Where are u currently living?
How did u get to Finland? Was it student visa, tourist visa, Citizenship by marriage, or outright payment for PR
Which city were u living in?
What was ur job like and how were u treated as an African u are? Will u say the Finnish people are any racists? Do they hate Black's ?
Do u av any regrets while still in Finland and after u left?
Would u still go to Finland if u wanted to? And y?

I know this are personal questions, u can chose to not to reply!
Re: . by ghettochild(m): 11:26pm On Aug 07, 2020
Heathrow44:

SA lecturing job??
Yes
Re: . by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 08, 2020
[quote author=AeeNgy post=92562954][/quote]

Ok can u tell us more about Finland?
Re: . by EgunMogaji2: 8:03am On Aug 08, 2020
AeeNgy:

Hi,

I’ve always been intrigued by Finland.

It’s a must visit when I do my European tour.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 10, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I’ve always been intrigued by Finland.

It’s a must visit when I do my European tour.

What about France?
Re: . by Scholar212(m): 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2020
@OP if you are really interested in UK, the NHS is your fastest route to permanent job and citizenship. With your BSC in anatomy if you have the cash search for schools that offer " Msc adult nursing pre-registration". It is two years since you have a degree already and you become a registered nurse in the UK, getting a job after is a smooth sail as UK is even offering those that schooled in other countries offer let alone their own. You can become a citizen few years from there. Google the word in quotation mark to see schools that offer the programme and learn more on how to go about it

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tourist Visa To Azerbaijan / Yellow Card Centres In Ibadan Search / How Long After A Uk Visa Refusal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.