Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? (551 Views)

Who Told You That You Were Naked? / Why Are You Worried? God Saw You In Your Husband's House Before You Were Born. / 5 Things You Should Do Before You Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by backbone503(m): 8:40am On Aug 02, 2020
Firstly, what are dreams sef? A dream is simply an experience Soul (the real you) has in the other (higher) worlds of God, when the physical body is at rest.

Dreams are very real. Though most times, the mind censors, decodes or even outrightly blocks the relay of some of our dream experiences to our physical body. It seemingly does this for our own good. Some of us will get destabilized if everything we experienced in the dream state was directly and bluntly relayed to us here.

Now back to the poser. In answering it, I'll ask myself this question: Did the person really have the dream? If my instincts aligns more in the affirmative, then it means God has been trying to pass this info/warning to me, but I probably haven't been open and able to receive and relate with it. This is more reason we have purify the line of communication between us and God.

However, if my instincts dissents, then it clearly would mean that the so-called dreamer has sinister plans, and it behoves of me, to at that point, sound a warning signal to the person.

See, the easiest way anyone can hurt you by spiritual/psychic means is by first weakening and penetrating your Aura, and FEAR is the easiest and most common tool deployed to achieve this evil aim. [Aura is that magnetic spiritual protective shield that every living thing carries. It tells whoever can see, read or perceive it almost everything about you (or that life form)].

Sometimes, they conjure some strange sounds or movements on your roof/ceiling/door etc, "push" some nightmares into your consciousness, or even physically threaten to kill or hurt you. These are just a few of the lame tricks employed by these psychic criminals to instill fear in you, so as to weaken or collapse your aura, thus making you susceptible to their envisaged attack.

What I feel you should do.

First, appreciate the person for finding it necessary to share the dream with you. Then, in a very calm and confident way, emphatically let (s)he know that nothing bad will happen to you, that you are safely in God's hand. If the person had sinister plans, believe me, you'd have demoralized, punctured and punctuated them with such a response. And if the person truly had the dream, I'm sure (s)he will be relieved and happy to know that nothing bad will happen to you.

Thereafter, and above all, pray to God over it. You are the captain of your ship. You have every right to accept or reject anything thrown at you. Nothing can happen to you unless you are in agreement with it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by Baawaa(m): 8:45am On Aug 02, 2020
I will rebuke, reject,cancel it IJN
Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by PaulDasilva(m): 8:48am On Aug 02, 2020
Simple: pray and fast seriously, counter that negative dream with the right scriptures too.

God is not interested in your death; such dreams can only be satanic.
"Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord hath not comandeth it?"

3 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by pyyxxaro: 9:50am On Aug 02, 2020
I would immediately go to the market , buy cowleg , cowhead and bushmeat

Cook a very Sumptuous meal , eat and eat till I can’t stand again

because naa wetin de belle naim u go carry go heaven , food nor de heaven

Nobody knows what wud happen a second from now lipsrsealed

SarcasmSpecial cool

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by Veeque(m): 9:53am On Aug 02, 2020
Hmm.
Someone told me point blank. She saw me die and people were mourning. That was 7 years ago.
But I just smiled and shook it off. Why?

I don't believe all that crap.
Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by AuroraB(f): 12:07pm On Aug 02, 2020
My friends know they better not undecided
I will slap you into the future or cuss you out angry
Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2020
Ok undecided
Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:38pm On Aug 03, 2020
If you ever consider writing/opening a thread on the Religion section, with great content such as this, I will implore you to heap them up and download them here on a Saturday night/Sunday early morning. Your content will be guaranteed a front page.

Great stuff.
Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by Goalnaldo(m): 4:45pm On Aug 03, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
If you ever consider writing/opening a thread on the Religion section, with great content such as this, I will implore you to heap them up and download them here on a Saturday night/Sunday early morning. Your content will be guaranteed a front page.

Great stuff.
na wetin you do last week Sunday morning. grin

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by missidy: 6:37pm On Aug 03, 2020
Dreams show you what is happening in the spiritual realm. Believe it or not, the spiritual controls the physical. I don't joke with my dreams. If a friend should tell me he/she dreamt I died, I will immediately begin fasting and prayers. That is a warning from God. However on my own part, if I have a dream that someone died i don't tell the person except my family members. I just pray for the person instead to avoid trouble.

My dreams have saved me from problems, wrong relationships and many more. If you walk with the Holyspirit, He will show you things and guide you through life. If you doubt dreams, do a 3 days fasting and prayers telling God to show you things about your life. Let's see if he won't reveal things to you. You will realise that you don't need a pastor or prophet to give you visions, God can speak to you directly.
Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2020
missidy:
Dreams show you what is happening in the spiritual realm. Believe it or not, the spiritual controls the physical. I don't joke with my dreams. If a friend should tell me he/she dreamt I died, I will immediately begin fasting and prayers. That is a warning from God. However on my own part, if I have a dream that someone died i don't tell the person except my family members. I just pray for the person instead to avoid trouble.

My dreams have saved me from problems, wrong relationships and many more. If you walk with the Holyspirit, He will show you things and guide you through life. If you doubt dreams, do a 3 days fasting and prayers telling God to show you things about your life. Let's see if he won't reveal things to you. You will realise that you don't need a pastor or prophet to give you visions, God can speak to you directly.
I guess you missed apostle Jude's warning against letting your life be controlled by your dreams then? undecided
If you let your dreams have that much power over you, what part does God have in it? undecided
Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by backbone503(m): 6:57pm On Aug 03, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Great stuff.

It amazes me when I see some Nairalanders hustle to get front page comment, FTC and so elated when mods move their topic to FP.

For me, I write purely on impulse, to further develop my writing skills, to share the little I know, and also learn from others. The above piece was promoted by my interaction with a friend on Sunday morning and I decided to share on NL with the hope that someone else might benefit from it, and I too from the replies.

Truth is like a golden fish; it has no hiding place. Though front page seemingly guarantees a wider audience, but thats inconsequential, because its not about the number. When you're ready, life provides whats needed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by backbone503(m): 7:06pm On Aug 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I guess you missed apostle Jude's warning against letting your life be controlled by your dreams then? undecided
If you let your dreams have that much power over you, what part does God have in it? undecided

Orthodox religions warns against attaching relevance to dreams because dreams affords their followers of direct interaction with God, and this makes them (pastors and co) less relevant. Its a control mechanism to perpetually spiritually enslave the gullible and dominate them.

If you make good use of your dreams, believe me, life becomes easier, and you don't need anyone to mediate between you and God.

4 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by missidy: 7:08pm On Aug 03, 2020
My dreams don't control my life, God is the one who controls my life. He gives me the directions I need because that is the way He speaks to me and I have never regretted obeying. I have seen my dreams manifest in real life and it is always so shocking.
Everyone needs to discover how God speaks to them, dreams are not the only way.

Kobojunkie:
Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by backbone503(m): 7:11pm On Aug 03, 2020
missidy:

True. Life here is a manifestation of what has taken place in the invisible world, and dreams grants us access to these worlds. We can use dreams to influence what happens physically to us

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Aug 03, 2020
backbone503:

Orthodox religions warns against attaching relevance to dreams because dreams affords their followers of direct interaction with God, and this makes them (pastors and co) less relevant. Its a control mechanism to perpetually spiritually enslave the gullible and dominate them.

If you make good use of your dreams, believe me, life becomes easier.
Direct interaction with God happens via Direct communication with God's own Spirit who possesses those who are Followers of Jesus Christ.

Dreams are mental images that tend mirror the state of your heart and mind. Your dreams have nothing to do with the spiritual realm as you claim as those images are generated and managed right there in your mind, that is why you are able to have recollection of some dreams and are even able to piece dream fragments today across extended periods of time.
Dreams rarely have anything to do with God since if Born again, you have a direct line to Him every moment of every day. If given a vision maybe but ordinary dreams? Nah!

The Bible warns against letting dreams control oneself or invade one's reality, not Orthodox Christians. As I pointed out in my previous post, Jude's epistle to believers in Jesus Christ cautioned against such endeavours by people who pretend they can do so in the name of God.
Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Aug 03, 2020
missidy:
My dreams don't control my life, God is the one who controls my life. He gives me the directions I need because that is the way He speaks to me and I have never regretted obeying. I have seen my dreams manifest in real life and it is always so shocking.
Everyone needs to discover how God speaks to them, dreams are not the only way.

God does not speak in different ways to different people, though. He speaks through His own Spirit which He implants in to everyone who obeys Jesus Christ, His new covenant.

Everyone has their way of coming up with directions but as John the apostle suggested, we all need to tests those spirits to be sure they are indeed of God and not of this world. There are people who believe God speaks to them through bones as well, and the spirit on those bones never lead them astray. But we know what Jesus Christ told us about How the Father speaks to us, so we are not lead astray by voices that play contrary to the very word of God.

According to Jesus Christ, when we accept Him(the New Covenant, through Obedience of His commandments), He and the Father will make their home in our heart(The Spirit of God) and will be our only Teacher, Helper, counsellor, comforter and guide. There is no mention of Him being an alarm of sorts. So how can He be the one responsible for the fear that plagues your dreams?
Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 03, 2020
So what's the big deal in dying when faithful servants of God all died, even Jesus died before returning to heaven.
Abeg that's no wahala, Joseph interpreted the dreams of Pharaoh's servants, today both Joseph, Pharaoh and the servants are all dead! smiley

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by backbone503(m): 7:32pm On Aug 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Direct interaction with God happens via Direct communication with God's own Spirit who possesses those who are Followers of Jesus Christ.

Dreams are mental images that tend mirror the state of your heart and mind. Your dreams have nothing to do with the spiritual realm as you claim as those images are generated and managed right there in your mind, that is why you are able to have recollection of some dreams and are even able to piece dream fragments today across extended periods of time.
Dreams rarely have anything to do with God since if Born again, you have a direct line to Him every moment of every day. If given a vision maybe but ordinary dreams? Nah!

The Bible warns against letting dreams control oneself or invade one's reality, not Orthodox Christians. As I pointed out in my previous post, Jude's epistle to believers in Jesus Christ cautioned against such endeavours by people who pretend they can do so in the name of God.

I once held these views, but now, I know better. In time, I believe you will too.
Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On Aug 03, 2020
backbone503:

I once held these views, but now I know better. In time, I believe you will too.
I don't understand. What views do you believe I hold in error? undecided
Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by missidy: 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2020
I can give more examples but I won't. People who have a relationship with God will understand what I am saying. The Holyspirit is real and one of the ways he speaks to us is through dreams.

*This is my last comment on this topic.

Kobojunkie:

Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by backbone503(m): 7:47pm On Aug 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I don't understand. What views do you believe I hold in error? undecided

No view is absolutely wrong or right. Our views are a true reflection of our level of consciousness, and no two persons have same levels. However, as life is a school, in time, we all grow.

In pry sch, we are taught that 3-7 is impossible. However, when we graduated to secondary classes, we were then taught that 3-7 is possible, and that the answer is actually -4. This holds true too for spiritual issues. As we grow spiritually, we come to understand, accept and appreciate higher levels of truth.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Aug 03, 2020
backbone503:

No view is absolutely wrong or right. Our views are a true reflection of our level of consciousness, and no two persons have same levels. However, as life is a school, in time, we all grow.

In pry sch, we are taught that 3-7 is impossible. However, when we graduated to secondary classes, we were then taught that 3-7 is possible, and that the answer is actually -4
No view is absolutely wrong or right? Are you sure you know Jesus Christ? According to Him, His View is absolutely True and every other view is absolutely wrong. Remember, He said, " I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE...".

Also, find time to read Gospel of Johj chapters 14, 15 and 16 to learn what Jesus Christ said about communication to exist between us and His person when He is home from the Earth.

Then tell me what about my view you think will change with Time.
Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by triplechoice(m): 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:
No view is absolutely wrong or right? Are you sure you know Jesus Christ? According to Him, His View is absolutely True and every other view is absolutely wrong. Remember, He said, " I am the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE...".

Also, find time to read Gospel of Johj chapters 14, 15 and 16 to learn what Jesus Christ said about communication to exist between us and His person when He is home from the Earth.

Then tell me what about my view you think will change with Time.

I have been following this and almost everyone has answered how they would react to the question raised by the op but for you , sorry to say this , it seems you are more interested what you usually like to do. That is to derail the thread.

A simple question has been asked .

How would you react to the situation raised by the op?

Please let's learn from you. I know you have a bright mind
Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2020
triplechoice:

I have been following this and almost everyone has answered how they would react to the question raised by the op but for you , sorry to say this , it seems you are more interested what you usually like to do. That is to derail the thread.

A simple question has been asked .

How would you react to the situation raised by the op?

Please let's learn from you. I know you have a bright mind
I you had paid more attention, you would have noticed my earlier response. I said my answers would be "Ok" acknowledging I heard what was told me.
Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by backbone503(m): 9:36pm On Aug 03, 2020
missidy:
Let me give you an example. Last year I had a dream a particular man that liked me called me and asked me out on a date. I saw myself quarrelling with him that he was getting married to someone and still asking me out. 3 weeks later, I got a call from him and he asked me out on a date( exactly as it happned in my dream) i declined based on the warning I got but after his continuous persistence for 2 months, I finally went on some dates with him. Guess what I found out when he carelessly left his phone with me? Uncle actually has a girlfriend. That was how I dodged a bullet, God does not lie.
I can give more examples but I won't. People who have a relationship with God will understand what I am saying. The Holyspirit is real and one of the ways he speaks to us is through dreams.

*This is my last comment on this topic.

Dreams are one of the numerous ways God talks to us. If we are open and pay attention to it, we'll avoid many unnecessary problems. It is a known fact that everything that happens to us has somehow, before hand, been revealed to us in the dream state.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by triplechoice(m): 9:37pm On Aug 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I you had paid more attention, you would have noticed my earlier response. I said my answers would be "Ok" acknowledging I heard what was told me.

Sorry then, I thought it was to book space.

My reaction would be the same as yours. Would not say anything.
Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by IMAliyu(m): 9:59pm On Aug 03, 2020
I will do nothing out of the ordinary.

Death is what gives meaning to life and is inevitable.
The very moment your mother gave birth to you, you were dealt a death sentence.

I won't worry about it, when and if it comes, it comes while I continue to lead my normal life.

On the other hand I'm not a believer in dreams predicting the future, but dreams can indeed tell us something about ourselves and what our conscious mind may have failed to observe.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:05am On Aug 04, 2020
backbone503:

It amazes me when I see some Nairalanders hustle to get front page comment, FTC and so elated when mods move their post to FP.

For me, I write purely on impulse, to further develop my writing skills, to share the little I know, and also learn from others. The above piece was promoted by my interaction with a friend on Sunday morning and I decided to share on NL with the hope that someone else might benefit from it, and I too from the replies.

Truth is like a golden fish; it has no hiding place. Though front page seemingly guarantees a wider audience, but thats inconsequential, because its not about the number. When you're ready, life provides whats needed.

You are an intelligent person. At least, you are not like some persons on this platform who seek attention and create controversy here and there.

This is why I must marry you. You will be a good Father to our kids. How much is your dowry?
Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by backbone503(m): 6:06am On Aug 04, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

You are an intelligent person. At least, you are not like some persons on this platform who seek attention and create controversy here and there.

This is why I must marry you. You will be a good Father to our kids. How much is your dowry?

No be who wan marry you spos ask that Q? By the way, how many people you wan marry sef? (lol). Many dey crush on you, and you ma sef dey crush on some. Marriage no too need unnecessary sparks and controversies o! I'm sure you're far more intelligent and well vast in love/relationship/marriage stuff than me.

The little I know about it/them is that there is Someone for Everyone, and its only that special person that can make all the difference, and that One, anyone should hope to marry.
Re: What Will You Do If Someone Told You (s)he Saw You Die In His/her Dream? by Kobojunkie: 2:35am On Aug 08, 2020

Deuteronomy 13 vs 15-20
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. “A prophet or someone who explains dreams might come to you and tell you that they will show you a sign or a miracle.
2. And the sign or miracle they told you about might come true. Then they might ask you to follow other gods (gods you don’t know) and say to you, ‘Let’s serve these gods!’
3. Don’t listen to them, because the Lord your God is testing you. He wants to know if you love him with all your heart and all your soul.
4. You must follow the Lord your God. Respect him. Obey his commands and do what he tells you. Serve the Lord your God, and never leave him.
5. Also, you must kill that prophet or person who explains dreams, because they told you to turn against the Lord your God. And it was the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, where you were slaves. They tried to pull you away from the life he commanded you to live, so you must kill them to remove this evil from your people.

(1) (Reply)

By Condemning "Despicable Apostates”, The Governing Body Condemned Themselves. / Mark Of The Beast: Did God/bible Say It Could Be Defeated? / I Did Not Sleep With Pastor Sulaiman - Pst Faith Edeko. VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.