Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,588 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Talking About The Trouble With African Development - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Talking About The Trouble With African Development (125 Views)

African Development Bank Group, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Si / Nigeria Top Priority Under African Development Bank Africa Emergency Food Plan / The Trouble With Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Talking About The Trouble With African Development by LeejayJem(m): 12:19pm On Aug 02, 2020
Just because I pasted the poster below on my story some people are sending me defiant messages made to violate the truism of the assertion. Take it or leave it, truth is truth.

The most myopic of them is the one who said that "a man with only one wife cannot make a good leader as he lacks sense of coordinating multiple views and controlling multiple home issues and judging between love ones". But the govt, the society and the standard of living in the western world is better than other parts of the world, but leaders don't marry two wives - in fact one with two or more wives is never trusted with any public office in most developed world.

I think these responses coming from the point of view of selfishness that keeps Africa underdeveloped. As a saying goes, he that cannot be trusted with one can never be trusted with two; a man who is not satisfied with one wife can never be satisfied with whatever resources or positions he gets. That is why African leaders always wanna stay in power for life, bcoz they are never satisfied with definite term in office; that is why they keep stealing money even though they are paid humongously, bcoz they are never satisfied with what they get; and that is why they keep exercising unconstitutional power bcoz they are never satisfied with the power the constitution gives them.

Charity begins at home. If one wife is not enough for a man in his house, nothing will be enough for him as a leader in his office.

Re: Talking About The Trouble With African Development by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2020
Good point

(1) (Reply)

Sheet Metal Fabrication And Its Core Advantages To The Masses / Force Majeure: Taking A Lesson From Covid-19 / Latest News From Verity News Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.