Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,975 members, 7,803,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... (62850 Views)

Genesis Church To Withdraw From Body Of Celestial Church Over K1 & Baba Eto Imbr / My Visions Of Celestial Beings, Heaven And The End Time Revival. / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by SmellingAnus(m): 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2020
I currently attend arguebly the most popular Pentecostal Church in Rivers State... I have been a Pentecostal for over a decade now...

Below are my unbiased summary of Celestial Church of Christ...

1. Cele is a genuine Church that believes in Jesus Christ and the use of the holy Bible...

2. Cele have both good and bad members just as any other Pentecostal, Catholic, Anglican etc.. Church...

3. Cele has many parishes/branches Nation wide...

4. One Parish may have a Shepard/Pastor that is bad maybe even using occultic powers just as some Pentecostal pastors also use occultic powers but that doesn't mean that Pentecostal church is bad ...

5. Many other parishes/branches have God fearing Shepards/Pastors that relate to their members with the fear of God...

6. The only colour of candle permitted in Cele Church is white... Anyone that tells you otherwise is lying to you...

7. Cele is also a member of CAN... In my time in Cele, I saw many good Prophets, I also saw few evil Prophets that were exposed by the good ones...

8. Cele does not permit fornication and adultery but that does not mean some members or even Shepards don't engage in it same way some Pastors of Pentecostal churches also engage in fornication and adultery...

9. Cele believes in both the new and old testament of the Bible although more of their activities seem to be focused more on the old testament but that doesn't mean they don't believe and operate in the new testament as well...

10. One thing I noticed about the church is that if you leave the church and you begin to lie about the church or say negative things about the church, you may likely suffer harsh consequences...

Conclusion: Cele is a good church that has it's fair share of good and bad people... It has both sincere and occultic Shepard's/Pastors just as Pentecostal Churches ... Cele is part of the body of Christ just as other denominations are part of it...
Cele has been more of a blessing to me than a curse... I only left the church for personal reasons of which I dont have bad blood for the church because I know that it has also been a huge blessing to me...

Long Live the Body of Christ
Long Live Celestial Church
Long Live Catholic Church
long Live Anglican Church
Long Live Redeemed Church
Long Live Winners Chapel
Long Live Deeper Life
Long Live Cherubim
Long Live Apostolic
Etc....

178 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by Niyeal(m): 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2020
Hallelujah oo

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by Flier: 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2020
My brain is programmed to pick a race anytime i see a lady from white germent church grin grin grin
I dont want a situation where a lady would check my destiny before marrying me and tie me down if my future is bright

283 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by fratermathy(m): 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2020
Nothing is wrong with Cele. I have attended the church and those who are sensitive to spiritual vibrations would quickly realise that something is right with the church. From the symbolism of items such as palmfronds, candle, incense, water, coconut, etc, to the beautiful songs which contain divine sounds. One of the songs I enjoy most in Cele is this one:

"Ya-ra/ sa-ma / ya-raaaa / sa-ma-tha".

It changes the atmosphere and you can almost see the holy of holies descending there and then.

Oshoffa had a clear apostolic mandate but many of the succeeding leaders tampered with that madate.

In my final analysis, Celestial Church is, like any other church, a place where Christians can worship God. The only difference is that the Church emphasises the gifts of the holy spirit, focuses a lot on the old testament, and has a whole lot of spiritual dynamics which many orthodox Christians may never understand.

At the end of the day, there are good Christians and pastors/prophets and there are also bad ones. This is the same with every other church!

148 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by Cumtroller: 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2020
What are we to do with this useless piece of information? Will it reduce the price of fuel or evict that gworo chewing terrorist from Aso Rock?

Try dey wash your Anus. Nonsense!!!

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by money121(m): 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2020
Ok

2 Likes

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by styless(f): 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2020
shocked
Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by SOFTDRINK: 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2020

10. One thing I noticed about the church is that if you leave the church and you begin to lie about the church or say negative things about the church, you may likely suffer harsh consequences...

You just had to threaten us with this last line?

283 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by azpekuliar: 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2020
My father is a staunch, devoted Seventh-Day Adventist for over 35 years. He told us that members of these white garment Aladura churches will get to heaven before we Adventists.

I have never known my father to be a flippant person especially when it comes to matters of religion.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by loadedvibes: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2020
Ghen ghen.. this gonna be one heck of a read.. especially as him add former so..

After reading.. i must admit wasn't what I was expecting.. anyway.. good one.. but you forget to add that some cele babes they get big yansh. Anyway come and buy your kids Educational Tablets now o

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by IgbalodeRaymond: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2020
i love cele

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by Edoi(m): 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2020
Nice one op
Yes, i believe you that there are good prophets/pastors and members in cele. But it seems there are more evil/diabolical prophets/pastor & members in cele than in other denorminations. My observation though. undecided

19 Likes

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by Virginnn(f): 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2020
hian
And they just pushed this post to front page hurriedly.
This must be a paid advertisement.
My own advice is that we should not consider doctrines but read our Bible to ascertain if the doctrines of our denomination is in tandem with biblical principles.
True worshippers according to Jesus worship God in spirit and in truth. The spirit here means cultivating the fruitage of the spirit as outlined in Galatians 5:21 -23. The truth here has to do with abiding by the word of God as stated in the Bible.
Christianity is supposed to be a very simple religion. But people tend to complicate it with spurious doctrines as if each one trying to give their denomination a brand.
If I attend church A and you attend church B. There must be differences in doctrines, yet we all claim to be reading the same Bible. Is our God a God of division? Just like some worshippers in the first century were alligning with Paul and some with Appolos. Paul promptly rebuked them. Our God is one God.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by Built2last: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2020
I have a problem with number 6 and 10.

Why use candle at all when its celestial church of CHRIST. I never came accross an passage in the bible where Jesus told us to light a candle to pray. All churches that use candles or incense are fetish.

The bible is the rule book of christianity

Number 10 you said if you leave and talk harshly bad things may happen to the person. People talk harshly about our Lord Jesus everyday. He doesn't harm them because He is love. If atheists repents and come to Christ, with open arms He receives them. What then is a church that claims to be christ like doing with harshly making things bad for leavers. That's not God.

I have never entered a white garment church before and will never enter one. Their activities do not match what I read in my bible daily.

Your logo contains ONE EYE. You brandish the cross everytime. Jesus is no longer on the cross. He went to the cross not by choice but by Roman soldiers. Why do some churches hold the cross tightly and ignore the grave. Is the grave not as important as the cross. We dont need the cross or the grave or any symbol.

Jesus never told us to hold on to any of that or make reference to it.

Accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. Believe in your heart, confess with your mouth and let God see that in your lifestyle. Period.

Christianity is simple. We just want to make it complicated.

115 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by Skye231(m): 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2020
cele get sure babes

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by patomaniac: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2020
Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by Onclick: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2020
Nice
Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by babyfaceafrica: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2020
This is super story.. So you enjoy the benefits of the church but don't attend.. Issorite

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by aremuforlife(m): 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2020
Hallelujah!!!

1 Like

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by Mraproko1: 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2020
Malika malika

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by Emilokoiyawon: 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2020
I am not a fan of Christianity. BUT if I ever decide to be a Christian, Celestial Church will definitely be my FIRST choice. I love their music and dancing; and that they usually tend to be down-to-earth people.

By the way, what is fetish? If you believe in (or use ) holy water is that fetish?

If you eat holy communion (flesh and blood of a dead ancient Palestinian carpenter) is that fetish?

People are just dumb.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by Peacefuluz(f): 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by Themaths(m): 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2020
I still don't believe the problem is the various church denominations, people are the problem.

2 Likes

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by Holiegrail2: 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2020
We all serve one true God
Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by xynerise: 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2020
Number 10 proves they are fetish. Something bad happens to you when you fault their practices even when it is evil? That's fetish to me

40 Likes

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by Olarewaju89: 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2020
Ok

My being alive and healthy today is as a result of none other than the almighty God. I'll forever be grateful to you, God. Happy birthday to myself. On my special day, I wish myself happiness and great accomplishments in the coming year.

grin grin

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by tiredoflife(m): 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2020
grin grin grin
He dey fear
Cele good yet u comot grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2020
That ur number 10 means there is something abnormal about them.... Even those that critize christ nothing happen to them

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by sensisosu: 5:44pm On Aug 02, 2020
Thank you.. the public needs to be sensitize.. the same holier than thou Pentecostals have pastors with questionable characters.

Take away: Matthew 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

1 Like

Re: My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 02, 2020
All I can say is that white garment 'churches' have long been infiltrated and some pentecostal 'churches' are now toeing that path as well, but God will keep exposing evil doers. I just know that no man can deceive this God on judgement day.

The true church of Christ consists of those who worship in spirit and in truth, let everyone keep playing mumbo jumbo...

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Joshua Bamiloye Weds Tolulope Mary Odesola (Photos) / Folayan Osekita Shades Adeboye: Praises Wife 'Who Can't Pray 2hrs Nonstop' / Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.