Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl (44137 Views)

How Do I Effectively Ghost A Confused Girl? / Guys Which Of These Two Ladies Would You Prefer To Marry. / Please Help Am Confused !!! Girl In Medical School A Turn Off? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by Thereishel: 10:11am On Aug 03, 2020
You love and want to marry a man with unmatched genotype? You are even thinking of ivf you better think again what is after 6 is more than 7 according to Yoruba proverb. You better detach yourself from this relationship and forget about years you have invested because there are many many years ahead in marriage pray to God to lead you to a better man.
Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by tunjity26: 10:12am On Aug 03, 2020
uhmm the difference btw you and hoelosho is dre are smart enough to be paid while keeping many men around dem unlike you!!!!
4/5 dude are you selling dem?

WomaninherPrime:
Good evening house. Kindly read patiently. I promise to be as honest as possible.

I'm a young woman in her mid-20s. I've been in three relationships so far... two were sexual, and one was purely celibate, though it didn't last beyond 6 months.

I recently got out of a 2-yr relationship with Dubem when we discovered our genotype isn't compatible. But the problem is that we're still doing a lot of back and forth. Dubem wants the relationship to continue because he's working on how we'd have our babies via IVF or chorionic villi testing to first determine the sex of the baby.

This has put me in a very confusing situation because I'm unable to move on while he's still holding on for us... and at the same time, I just keep thinking about how life would be a lot easier if I'd just marry a genotype compatible man and have children the regular way without the stress and huge financial cost of an IVF.

To fully move on from Dubem, I started seeing other people..

Nedu is a very great guy... has everything I want in a man, but he's having some financial challenges right now. He's cute, godly, very intelligent, good humour, communicates very well, respectful, sound family values, neat, and seems to me like someone who can take charge of his home. But his financial situation gives me cause for concern... he doesn't seem like he'd be comfortably ready to start a family in another 2/3 years. But that aside, his condition just dampens my enthusiasm to even visit him or start a committed relationship with him. No TV or fridge in his apartment. I feel embarrassed/sorry for him when he has to go watch TV at his friend's or neighbour's... Or I'm thinking of cooking stuff to take to him... but no fridge to store. Joykiller. Or the fact that he can't be a support system to me at the moment...

There's also Victor who comes off as a great guy but I've refused to pay him enough attention all these months because I'm still entangled with Dubem. Victor is doing quite well, and is passionate about his job, but he likes to talk about himself way too much, and seems a bit arrogant. The vibes I get off him is that he tries to be at his best behaviour when he's with me, just to impress, but maybe he's real. While I don't like like him at the moment, I feel if I gave him a chance, I'd see some other aspects of him that would make me love him.

There's Denver on the other hand. Denver is an absolute gentle man... and doing fairly well with his business. I almost said yes to him, but I felt it was coming from the place of pressure. He was putting me under a lot of pressure to say yes... he wants to get married in a minute, but I'm still not resolved on marrying him. Plus he's from a polygamous family, and his plan is for us to live in his disputed family house if/when we get married, and I feel that comes with a lot of drama. Also, he's a bit lackadaisical about his wellbeing. He doesn't seem very tidy. His car always has things strung about. I worry, too about his level of education. He has just a HND and is not in the corporate world whereas I have serious plans to get either a double masters plus lots of certifications or a Ph.D I fear there might be some sort of incompatibility years down the line. Other than these concerns, Denver is a great guy.

Then there's Bright... I've known Bright since I was in uni... he was planning a surprise engagement once, when we weren't even dating. He's the most inconsistent and confused man I've ever met. He's consistent for a aweek or two, then goes off-radar only to resurface again after a few months. But somehow he seems to believe I'm the one who's never agreed to take him seriously. But how do I take a man who's inconsistent seriously? Ideally, he shouldn't be on this list because I long cancelled him... but he called this morning and we had a very long conversation... which was short of him pleading that I calm down and take him seriously so we can move to the next level.

Now the reason I created this thread. I like having a linear focus when I'm in a relationship, but I'm unable to leave Dubem because all these other guys have one issue or the other. No, I'm not looking for a perfect guy. Dubem isn't perfect, but we've come a long way, and we love each other, and we've come to accept and understand each other as we are.
I've become impatient... I feel like I'm at the prime of my life as a woman, and I have other suitors to choose from but I'm holding on to a very precarious relationship. Dubem might as well just wake up one day and decide that our genotype incompatibility is a big deal and we should see other people... at that time, one year of my life would have gone by...these great guys would have probably moved on, too. A woman's hotcake period is fleeting. For my personal plans, I'd love to be married by next year.

Ohh. I mentioned the thing about my two sexual relationships because I made a hasty vow to God once that I wouldn't have sex with more than two men before getting married. I don't know ...God is a merciful God, yeah...But that vow still pops up in my mind now and again. So I can't go into any careless relationship, and now I can't choose.

I'm honestly confused �.

1 Like

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by adecz: 10:13am On Aug 03, 2020
Only you,

5 guys!!

Seems you are somehow
an inconsistent young woman
joggling all these relationships
at the same time.

You can never have a perfect choice,
just decide which one you can live
with & work on for the long run.

A very comfortable guy may be a
womanizer & wife molester though he
gives you all your material needs.

A currently struggling guy may not
give you financial comfort, but is dedicated
& loves you to the moon.

Another with low academic qualification
may give you cllomfort, but frustrate
your academic ambition.

All this your calculation is because
you be African woman, oyibo gehl
go take love make her choice .

1 Like

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by olisaEze(m): 10:13am On Aug 03, 2020
Even Confucius wii bi confused.

Sista, nobody can make a choice for u. And it seems ure measuring up each guy to Dubem who u thot wud bi d one if not for ur genomes.

See eh,ure in ur mid 20s & life is not mathematics. Just take a break and travel. See other places, meet new faces. Who knows ur perfect other might just be on the other side of d Atlantic waiting on you to take the plunge. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by Gabe427: 10:14am On Aug 03, 2020
Nawa ooo chai the headline cracked me up
Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by Gaggii: 10:15am On Aug 03, 2020
WomaninherPrime:
Good evening house. Kindly read patiently. I promise to be as honest as possible.

I'm a young woman in her mid-20s. I've been in three relationships so far... two were sexual, and one was purely celibate, though it didn't last beyond 6 months.

I recently got out of a 2-yr relationship with Dubem when we discovered our genotype isn't compatible. But the problem is that we're still doing a lot of back and forth. Dubem wants the relationship to continue because he's working on how we'd have our babies via IVF or chorionic villi testing to first determine the sex of the baby.

This has put me in a very confusing situation because I'm unable to move on while he's still holding on for us... and at the same time, I just keep thinking about how life would be a lot easier if I'd just marry a genotype compatible man and have children the regular way without the stress and huge financial cost of an IVF.

Nedu is a very great guy... has everything I want in a man, but he's having some financial challenges right now. He's cute, godly, very intelligent, good humour, communicates very well, respectful, sound family values, neat, and seems to me like someone who can take charge of his home. But his financial situation gives me cause for concern... he doesn't seem like he'd be comfortably ready to start a family in another 2/3 years. But that aside, his condition just dampens my enthusiasm to even visit him or start a committed relationship with him. No TV or fridge in his apartment. I feel embarrassed/sorry for him when he has to go watch TV at his friend's or neighbour's... Or I'm thinking of cooking stuff to take to him... but no fridge to store. Joykiller. Or the fact that he can't be a support system to me at the moment...

There's also Victor who comes off as a great guy but I've refused to pay him enough attention all these months because I'm still entangled with Dubem. Victor is doing quite well, and is passionate about his job, but he likes to talk about himself way too much, and seems a bit arrogant. The vibes I get off him is that he tries to be at his best behaviour when he's with me, just to impress, but maybe he's real. While I don't like like him at the moment, I feel if I gave him a chance, I'd see some other aspects of him that would make me love him.

There's Denver on the other hand. Denver is an absolute gentle man... and doing fairly well with his business. I almost said yes to him, but I felt it was coming from the place of pressure. He was putting me under a lot of pressure to say yes... he wants to get married in a minute, but I'm still not resolved on marrying him. Plus he's from a polygamous family, and his plan is for us to live in his disputed family house if/when we get married, and I feel that comes with a lot of drama. Also, he's a bit lackadaisical about his wellbeing. He doesn't seem very tidy. His car always has things strung about. I worry, too about his level of education. He has just a HND and is not in the corporate world whereas I have serious plans to get either a double masters plus lots of certifications or a Ph.D I fear there might be some sort of incompatibility years down the line. Other than these concerns, Denver is a great guy.

Then there's Bright... I've known Bright since I was in uni... he was planning a surprise engagement once, when we weren't even dating. He's the most inconsistent and confused man I've ever met. He's consistent for a aweek or two, then goes off-radar only to resurface again after a few months. But somehow he seems to believe I'm the one who's never agreed to take him seriously. But how do I take a man who's inconsistent seriously? Ideally, he shouldn't be on this list because I long cancelled him... but he called this morning and we had a very long conversation... which was short of him pleading that I calm down and take him seriously so we can move to the next level.

Now the reason I created this thread. I like having a linear focus when I'm in a relationship, but I'm unable to leave Dubem because all these other guys have one issue or the other. No, I'm not looking for a perfect guy. Dubem isn't perfect, but we've come a long way, and we love each other, and we've come to accept and understand each other as we are.
I've become impatient... I feel like I'm at the prime of my life as a woman, and I have other suitors to choose from but I'm holding on to a very precarious relationship. Dubem might as well just wake up one day and decide that our genotype incompatibility is a big deal and we should see other people... at that time, one year of my life would have gone by...these great guys would have probably moved on, too. A woman's hotcake period is fleeting. For my personal plans, I'd love to be married by next year.

Ohh. I mentioned the thing about my two sexual relationships because I made a hasty vow to God once that I wouldn't have sex with more than two men before getting married. I don't know ...God is a merciful God, yeah...But that vow still pops up in my mind now and again. So I can't go into any careless relationship, and now I can't choose.

I'm honestly confused �.

If you don't mind, we can be acquainted. I have t.v and fridge in my room, I have ssce, n.d, hnd, a.p.c, p.d.p, f.r.s.c name any abbreviation. I am in the cooperate world, very consistent and spontaneous. Infact, I will call you till your battery runs down. I already built two houses, and I have two cars, am not arrogant though.

But, I also have my own but...because nobody is perfect. Dm if you are ready to mingle and jingle because am still single

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by bigtt76(f): 10:15am On Aug 03, 2020
Your best bet is between Dubem and Denver.

1. Dubem is already exploring ways through which you guys can have kids by by-passing the genotype issue. This is an expensive venture and for him to have suggested it means he meant well for both your future and should be given a chance.

2. Denver may not appear tidy or have a considerable high level of education now, but that may be because he doesn't have anyone to give him the push to be a better person. You will do a good job with him if you chose to go his path.

As for the others, ignore them and concentrate on these two. All the best with your final choice.

WomaninherPrime:

I'm honestly confused �.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by paul100(m): 10:15am On Aug 03, 2020
J111333:
...and these four guys will be somewhere right now bragging about my girlfriend. grin

Dubem sef, talking about IVF when he can't afford neither TV nor fridge. If only he knows the financial responsibilities involved.
Bro,na nedu no get TV or fridge. The story don turn your braingrin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by livinbygrace: 10:15am On Aug 03, 2020
My dear you have to be very careful and serious with your life.The greatest tricks and causes of Marital Delay is confusion .You are lucky to have five guys chasing you now because you are still young and probably in your 20s,few years from now you won’t have such opportunity and that’s when people like you end up in Shiloh every year.From experience,it’s easier and better to marry when you are in your prime age(young),than when you are above 30s.
So as a brother ,I will advise you go for Denver(the one with HND and doing well).Marriage is not all about grammar but capability and understanding each other.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by ModestGal(f): 10:16am On Aug 03, 2020
Op
Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by AfonjaConehead: 10:17am On Aug 03, 2020
So nobody here can give answers to the girl and i thought you all are smart,well to the next person to comment,,,,, let's ask Connie structures

grin grin

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by Ibrahim167(m): 10:18am On Aug 03, 2020
This story looks like project proposal to me

1 Like

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by LadyExcellency: 10:18am On Aug 03, 2020
Nairalanders are bunch of confused people. Instead of calling the Moderator to ban the op for confusing herself and forces of nature, you come here to disintegrate the equilibrium that holds the circle of nature. It's improper for a confused girl to triple cast in a movie let alone fiveff cast.

In short, you're not meant for marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by nick50(m): 10:18am On Aug 03, 2020
I I'd advise you choose Nedu.. u guys can get married and work hard together to buy fridge, television and even a car.. money no be everything.. u see that nedu that u are looking down on now.. in the next five years u may regret not giving him a chance

2 Likes

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 03, 2020
Yoighaman:
@OP:
This your matter na real case study, couldn’t help but smile whilst reading other people’s comments but it is a serious matter that should not be swept under the carpet; at least that is why you have spoken up, so I’d try to give my little cent briefly.

Guy 1- Dubem: Let go of the relationship, the incompatibility in your genotypes will always rear its ugly head; why go through unnecessary stress?...and like you rightly mentioned, he could wake up one day and make a big deal out of it, citing his family as an excuse.

Guy 2- Nedu: To me, this seems to be the right guy for you and I’d like you to give him a chance. You see, a man that does not have money today can have tomorrow as long as he is ambitious and not lazy, forget about the hallucinations of other ladies, saying that they cannot date/marry a poor guy, blah, blah, blah. You can make money at any time; you can also have money today and lose it tomorrow but you see, those other qualities he has, my sister, they are very hard to come by.

Guy 3- Victor: This guy is arrogant; you will have issues with him later in future should you become more successful than he is. I can see you have great academic ambitions; this man will be intimidated and might make your life miserable. The misery would quadruple if you dare make/have more money than him.

Guy 4- Denver: I don’t have an issue with him having just an HND or not being in the corporate world, he is a businessman and can ‘blow’ tomorrow but my concern with him is that he is putting you under pressure; please take a walk, never marry anyone out of pity or pressure, you will regret it.

Guy 5:- Bright: Leave bright out of the picture, he is an unserious serial cheat, more of a playboy roaming around probably looking for whom to devour, such people can be on a revenge mission for rejecting their previous advances.

These are just my opinions, please pray to God if you believe in him, I do anyway; he (God) knows your future, I don’t, he is therefore in the best position to guide you.

Wish you all the best.

Excellent analysis.

Sadly I just have one like to give you.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by talk2obed84(m): 10:19am On Aug 03, 2020
I couldn't read through because i'm also confuse how a 20yr old girl has more than 5 different relationships. Just read "marriage of Anansaewa" and get a clue
Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by Angrymode: 10:19am On Aug 03, 2020
OP, if I take my time to comment on this your matter, you will call me jobless like you are tagging Nedu.

I cannot come and kill myself on top matter that you will still be confused because of your inability to stay with one man.

Just do whatever you want ya.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by jydmak(m): 10:19am On Aug 03, 2020
Your story is confusing as you are confused. U no do summary when u dey school?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by Vulcan24(m): 10:19am On Aug 03, 2020
in ur mid 20s I think u will need more time, experience and focus on productive lifestyle to make u decide for yourself wat u want

that is the obvious reasons you are in multiple dilemma

when you are ready for marriage you won't be placing men on tables like options, you will be eliminating bad choices before the pose a prob

the writ itself is having teenager orientation
Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 10:20am On Aug 03, 2020
You're planning to have 2 masters and probably PhD, i doubt if you're now a graduate self but you can't endure with the four of them.

What have you offer the guys? Absolutely nothing
Gold diggers! You need to crawl before walking

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 03, 2020
WomaninherPrime:

I'm sorry. I just wanted to give a proper understanding of the situation.

Toss a coin and let the gods decide.
Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 03, 2020
Only you. 5 state of confusion. Who go help you like this?
Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by moneyissweet(m): 10:20am On Aug 03, 2020
Confused ass ....keep looking for Mr perfect.

As if you are anywhere better than other regular babes in the streets.

Babes like you disgust me.

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by Jonathan39: 10:21am On Aug 03, 2020
Some Igbo men into business are ready to sponsor their woman to any level of education, but the woman must first show her submissiveness and tendency not to turn to something else in the future.
na2016:

marriage is not about certificate. if your man has HND and you have PhD, there is nothing wrong. All it requires is submission and true love.
Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 03, 2020
Yoighaman:
@OP:
This your matter na real case study, couldn’t help but smile whilst reading other people’s comments but it is a serious matter that should not be swept under the carpet; at least that is why you have spoken up, so I’d try to give my little cent briefly.

Guy 1- Dubem: Let go of the relationship, the incompatibility in your genotypes will always rear its ugly head; why go through unnecessary stress?...and like you rightly mentioned, he could wake up one day and make a big deal out of it, citing his family as an excuse.

Guy 2- Nedu: To me, this seems to be the right guy for you and I’d like you to give him a chance. You see, a man that does not have money today can have tomorrow as long as he is ambitious and not lazy, forget about the hallucinations of other ladies, saying that they cannot date/marry a poor guy, blah, blah, blah. You can make money at any time; you can also have money today and lose it tomorrow but you see, those other qualities he has, my sister, they are very hard to come by.

Guy 3- Victor: This guy is arrogant; you will have issues with him later in future should you become more successful than he is. I can see you have great academic ambitions; this man will be intimidated and might make your life miserable. The misery would quadruple if you dare make/have more money than him.

Guy 4- Denver: I don’t have an issue with him having just an HND or not being in the corporate world, he is a businessman and can ‘blow’ tomorrow but my concern with him is that he is putting you under pressure; please take a walk, never marry anyone out of pity or pressure, you will regret it.

Guy 5:- Bright: Leave bright out of the picture, he is an unserious serial cheat, more of a playboy roaming around probably looking for whom to devour, such people can be on a revenge mission for rejecting their previous advances.

These are just my opinions, please pray to God if you believe in him, I do anyway; he (God) knows your future, I don’t, he is therefore in the best position to guide you.

Wish you all the best.

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by lucky4west: 10:23am On Aug 03, 2020
this should do for a movie script...u have confused urself and we the reader...plz leave all the guys be alone and urself for a while...u are confused and any decision u take now will be a confused decision from a confused woman in a confused life and relationship with confused people....stay away from them all and give urself breathing space they are choking u up in confusion
Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by moneyissweet(m): 10:24am On Aug 03, 2020
Her pusssy of course.

Proffwhyhurry12:
You're planning to have 2 masters and probably PhD, i doubt if you're now a graduate self but you can't endure with the four of them.

What have you offer the guys? Absolutely nothing
Gold diggers! You need to crawl before walking

1 Like

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by tomdon(m): 10:26am On Aug 03, 2020
Get off it and wake up from your slumber oh ye slumberer.
Only you 5 men!
Na so you fine reach?? You come be olosho on top. Haha.
Even girls that have kept themselves chaste and are still fine on top don't get this much toasters.
It is such things as this that make women remain single till over 40.
Stop deceiving yourself, it is he who really asks for your hand in marriage that really wants to marry you not whom you assume wants to marry you.
I'm sure you will be shocked if you find out that not even a single one among those men you feel you're trying to choose from really wants to marry you.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by faoogoke(m): 10:26am On Aug 03, 2020
Your question is strange but I have one question for you.

You, yes you! What do you have? What is it you have to offer any of them?

I think you are a pest?(Sorry abut my use of word) You need Jesus seriously and urgently!

1 Like

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by toluleke(m): 10:26am On Aug 03, 2020
Dating multiple men will lead to this screen some out and leave two that even if they change in the future your mind will still be
at peace with him. They when you discover who you love most

1 Like

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by LeonMacJames(m): 10:26am On Aug 03, 2020
Whats stopping you from marrying them all.

1 Like

Re: 5 Guys: Which Should I Choose? Help A Confused Girl by Googlelism(m): 10:27am On Aug 03, 2020
Denver will be better, because he will be helping you with alot of Heist

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Pictures Of A Nairalander / Do You Ladies Ever Wished To Get Married To Virgin Males ? / He insisted I take in before marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.