Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Protesters Burn Bible, American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland ( Pics) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Protesters Burn Bible, American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland ( Pics) (458 Views)

Breaking News!! Bishop Denounce Christianity In Edo: Burn Bible!! Photos. / Bishop Oyedepo Speaks Against LGBTQ Rise In The World (video) / Protesters Burn Bible And American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protesters Burn Bible, American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland ( Pics) by Righteousness89(m): 7:37pm On Aug 02, 2020
Protesters burned an American flag and a Bible in Portland, Oregon, sparking outrage just as weeks of violent demonstrations seemed to be coming to a close.

For more than 60 days, Black Lives Matters demonstrators, including a “Wall of Moms” and a “Wall of Vets,” have clashed with federal agents in the city, drawing national attention as authorities blasted marchers with tear gas and the civilians at times responded with weapons of their own — such as feces, bleach, bricks or batteries.

Friday night’s demonstrations were largely peaceful, appearing to mark a break from the chaos as federal agents made a recent deal to allow local authorities to handle the protests.

But just after midnight, marchers were caught on video using the flag and holy book as kindling for bonfires lit outside the federal courthouse, which has been a focal point of rioting after the death of George Floyd in police custody in May, according to a news report.

Left-wing activists bring a stack of Bibles to burn in front of the federal courthouse in Portland,” claimed Ian Miles Cheong on Twitter Saturday.

The post featured a video which showed protestors with “Black Lives Matter” signs tossing bibles into a raging bonfire. The video, which has gone viral, had more than 1.8 million views and thousands of retweets
“Now we move to the book burning phase,” said Donald Trump Jr. in a tweet Saturday. “I’m pretty sure ANTIFA doesn’t actually stand for what they say it stands for. Maybe just remove the anti part of [their] name and it’s perfect,” he wrote.

The fire was later put out by members of Moms United for Black Lives Matter, who doused the flames with bottles of water and stomped on the embers, according to KOIN 6, a local CBS affiliate television station in Portland.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/01/protestors-burn-bible-american-flag-as-tensions-rise-in-portland/amp/

1 Like

Re: Protesters Burn Bible, American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland ( Pics) by Righteousness89(m): 7:39pm On Aug 02, 2020
The End of all things is Here..

Judgement is in air. If you are Spiritual, you will Smell it!

I dont think Sodom and Gomorrah Was as bad as this..

GOD will Destroy Humanity Again!

O My GOD Have Mercy and Preserve the Righteous when the Earth is Crippled!

The Remaining Part of this Year will be Dangerously Dangerous! I see the Wrath of GOD Falling like this Generation has not seen!

May God Preserve the Innocent..

4 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn Bible, American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland ( Pics) by illicit(m): 7:40pm On Aug 02, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Protesters Burn Bible, American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland ( Pics) by XXXXTENTACION: 7:44pm On Aug 02, 2020
Righteousness89:
nothing dey happen undecided

the world has no end cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protesters Burn Bible, American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland ( Pics) by atiku4President(m): 7:51pm On Aug 02, 2020
Black Lives Matter people are getting unveiled gradually.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Burn Bible, American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland ( Pics) by AugustineSilva(m): 7:52pm On Aug 02, 2020
These Are Trying Times �
Re: Protesters Burn Bible, American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland ( Pics) by VirginFinder: 8:02pm On Aug 02, 2020
Dotherightthing:
The Eend of all things is Hhere..

Judgement is in air. If you are Sspiritual, you will Ssmell it!

I dont think Sodom and Gomorrah Waws as bad as this..

GOD will Ddestroy Hhumanity Aagain!

O Mmy GOD Hhave Mmercy and Ppreserve the Rrighteous when the Eearth is Ccrippled!

The Rremaining Ppart of this Yyear will be Ddangerously Ddangerous! I see the Wwrath of HOD Ffalling like this Ggeneration has not seen!

May God Ppreserve the Iinnocent..

1 Like

Re: Protesters Burn Bible, American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland ( Pics) by Missyajoke(f): 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2020
I don't think it's about George Floyd anymore.
Re: Protesters Burn Bible, American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland ( Pics) by delkuf(m): 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2020
Missyajoke:
I don't think it's about George Floyd anymore.
it is not.
Re: Protesters Burn Bible, American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland ( Pics) by Missyajoke(f): 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2020
delkuf:
it is not.

It has been hijacked by some people.
Re: Protesters Burn Bible, American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland ( Pics) by delkuf(m): 3:24pm On Aug 08, 2020
Missyajoke:

It has been hijacked by some people.
Yeah.
Re: Protesters Burn Bible, American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland ( Pics) by Missyajoke(f): 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2020
delkuf:
Yeah.

Some top political officials in US are in charge of this protest in order to disrupt Trump's government
Re: Protesters Burn Bible, American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland ( Pics) by delkuf(m): 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2020
[quote author=Missyajoke post=92593103]

Some top political officials in US are in charge of this protest in order to disrupt Trump's government[/quote) I just have this feeling that Trump must be the next president of America if we this world to continue because the next president of America will determine the anti christ. Is just my feeling though

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Burn Bible, American Flag As Tensions Rise In Portland ( Pics) by YorubaKinging: 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2020
Now you're talking.

Righteousness89:

I dont think Sodom and Gomorrah Was as bad as this..

GOD will Destroy Humanity Again!

O My GOD Have Mercy and Preserve the Righteous when the Earth is Crippled!

The Remaining Part of this Year will be Dangerously Dangerous! I see the Wrath of GOD Falling like this Generation has not seen!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Law Of Tithing Is Not For New Testament Gentile Believers / Is Date Of Birth Related To One's Destiny? Only Mature Spiritualists Welcome / Bishop Idahosa Begins Building Of Multi-billion Naira Ultramodern Worship Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.