Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue (14339 Views)

Soldiers, Militants Clash Claims Three In Delta - PUNCH / Ombaste/fulani Clash: Alakio Village Under Attack / 20 Killed In Renewed TIV/Fulani Clash In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Ovularia: 11:45pm On Feb 10, 2011
Tiv/Fulani clash claims 17 in Benue

NewsFeb 10, 2011

By Peter Duru

MAKURDI— No fewer than 17 persons have been reported killed in Tyotegh council ward in Gwer West local area of Benue State following reprisal attacks by armed Fulani herdsmen on the indigenous community.
Vanguard gathered from a reliable source that crisis broke out in the community when last Tuesday, members of the community alleged that their farmlands were destroyed by grazing cows belonging to the Fulani herdsmen.
Angered by the level of destruction, the aggrieved community members mobilized and attacked and killed large stock of cows belonging to the herdsmen.
Our sources further informed that the herdsmen fled the community only to return hours later riding on horsebacks and motorbikes killing anyone on site, burning down over 25 houses, farmlands and other valuables while displacing over 3000 persons in the process.
It was also gathered that the crisis has spread to Mbakyondo village in Makurdi, where Fulani herdsmen also invaded the community allegedly killing two farmers.
Meanwhile, hundreds of residents of Mbakyondo village have fled the scene of the fighting to Adeke village some 5 kilometers from Makurdi town, where they have found safe haven.
Reacting to the unfortunate development, the Special Adviser to Governor Gabriel Suswam on Security Matters, Colonel Basil Kwembe confirmed the killings and burning of homes of Tiv farmers.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/tivfulani-clash-claims-17-in-benue/
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Afam4eva(m): 11:50pm On Feb 10, 2011
TIVs killed Cows

Fulanis killed Humans.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Chyz2: 11:52pm On Feb 10, 2011
afam4eva:

TIVs killed Cows

Fulanis killed Humans.

What goes around is surely coming around to the middlebelters by their brothers the hausa/fulanis.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by excanny: 11:55pm On Feb 10, 2011
afam4eva:

TIVs killed Cows

Fulanis killed Humans.

It's ironic how these fulanis value cows more than human lives.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Beaf: 12:08am On Feb 11, 2011
Something must be done about Fulani herdsmen. It is time to end their nomadic lifestyle, we don't live in the stone age anymore.
In every part of the country, they live fvked up lives; robbing traders on the highway from Asaba to Onicha, Lagos-Benin expressway, killing and burning women and babies in Jos, killing in Bauchi and now Benue.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by aljharem(m): 12:22am On Feb 11, 2011
Beaf:

Something must be done about Fulani herdsmen. It is time to end their nomadic lifestyle, we don't live in the stone age anymore.
In every part of the country, they live fvked up lives; robbing traders on the highway from Asaba to Onicha, Lagos-Benin expressway, killing and burning women and babies in Jos, killing in Bauchi and now Benue.

shut up that mouth angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Obiagu1(m): 12:25am On Feb 11, 2011
Walahi, problem dey oo! The worst is that they don't have a base to launch a reprisal attack on; they are just wonderers.  sad

A remedy is to ban them entirely from grazing in states they are not indigenous to.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:26am On Feb 11, 2011
Why this people are always temparing with our cattle
Anyway na fire for fire
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 12:30am On Feb 11, 2011
afam4eva:

TIVs killed Cows

Fulanis killed Humans.

They need to start killing Fulani outright. Solve the problem directly. An eye for an eye.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by TewMuch: 12:31am On Feb 11, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

Why this people are always temparing with our cattle
Anyway na fire for fire

You are daft. Animal that they will still kill and eat equates to human life. Are you sure you are okay. If it was your children they killed because of cow, would you say fire for fire? Why do fulani people walk all around with their useless cows destroying people's livelihood? They should be caught, rounded up and executed. That lifestyle must stop in Nigeria. We cant have strange people from whatever country walking around aimlessly. We have cow feeds these days, there is no  excuse. They are a nuisance and the FG should make it illegal.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:32am On Feb 11, 2011
Obiagu1:

Walahi, problem dey oo! The worst is that they don't have a base to launch a reprisal attack, they are just wonderers. sad

A remedy is to ban them entirely from grazing in states they are not indigenous to.
Your head is itching, the government should provide a grazing areas. Though there were grazing areas but has been redistributed to people by naive government. The solution is to resurrect the grazing areas accompanied with austerity measures to law breakers. Our government has a long to go
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:37am On Feb 11, 2011
TewMuch:

You are daft. Animal that they will still kill and eat equates to human life. Are you sure you are okay. If it was your children they killed because of cow, would you say fire for fire? Why do fulani people walk all around with their useless cows destroying people's livelihood? They should be caught, rounded up and executed. That lifestyle must stop in Nigeria. We cant have strange people from whatever country walking around aimlessly. We have cow feeds these days, there is no excuse. They are a nuisance and the FG should make it illegal.
Ah!!! calm down have ask fulani herdsman how he values his cow i can see your ignorance, keep killing their cows at the detriment of your life.
b.a.s.t.a.r.d.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by aljharem(m): 12:37am On Feb 11, 2011
TewMuch:

You are daft. Animal that they will still kill and eat equates to human life. Are you sure you are okay. If it was your children they killed because of cow, would you say fire for fire? Why do fulani people walk all around with their useless cows destroying people's livelihood? They should be caught, rounded up and executed. That lifestyle must stop in Nigeria. We cant have strange people from whatever country walking around aimlessly. We have cow feeds these days, there is no  excuse. They are a nuisance and the FG should make it illegal.

mumu as always angry angry angry angry
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 12:38am On Feb 11, 2011
Why should the gov't provide anything for lazy scoundrels and marauders who steal from others?

The only thing the gov't should provide for them is a jail cell.

Grazing your cattle on another man's crops is STEALING.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Obiagu1(m): 12:39am On Feb 11, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

Your head is itching, the government should provide a grazing areas. Though there were grazing areas but has been redistributed to people by naive government. The solution is to resurrect the grazing areas accompanied with austerity measures to law breakers. Our government has a long to go

The solution is to ban them completely because they've caused so much pain and destruction.
If they can't keep their cattle in farms, then they should stop doing business.
I'd rather start importing cows than buy from those murderers!
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:40am On Feb 11, 2011
eku_bear:

Why should the gov't provide anything for lazy scoundrels and marauders who steal from others?

Bear falour reply
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Obiagu1(m): 12:40am On Feb 11, 2011
eku_bear:

I like that, that's what it is, pure and simple!
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by TewMuch: 12:41am On Feb 11, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

Ah!!! calm down have ask fulani herdsman how he values his cow i can see your ignorance,  keep killing their cows at the detriment of your life.
b.a.s.t.a.r.d.

IF fulani come near my farm where i feed my family so their cows can eat my produce i will kill all their cows. Why dont they stick to their desert in the North? This aimless walking around has to stop. There is no justification. I am sure these attacks will go back and forth. Sebi the last time na poisoned mango.
alj harem:

mumu as always angry angry angry angry

Are you mad? You better talk to your people? You obviously are very crazy. All their animals will be burned alive and used for barbecue. Talk to those desert people to feed their cows sand, or else we go chop am.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Kobojunkie: 12:42am On Feb 11, 2011
What goes around comes around  shocked shocked shocked shocked

****Shakes head*****
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 12:42am On Feb 11, 2011
What the hell else is there to it?

I grow food, and you eat it?

Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop?

GTFO out of there with that sh1t. If I become a farmer one day in the future and you graze your animals on my land, your animals are dead.

If you bring your Fulani boys around my property too and trespass, they will be dead too.

Simple as that.

These Tiv need to arm themselves and be ready to do battle. Trespass on property = shoot on sight.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:43am On Feb 11, 2011
Obiagu1:

The solution is to ban them completely because they've caused so much pain and destruction.
If they can't keep their cattle in farms, then they should stop doing business.
I'd rather start importing cows than buy from those murderers!
You have to look at the other side of a coin, banning them is not the solution more especially with our inept government, The truth is, the government should give them what belongs to them, grazing areas and put eyes on them, thats all!!!
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Osama10(m): 12:46am On Feb 11, 2011
What a waste of life. sad
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:47am On Feb 11, 2011
TewMuch:

IF fulani come near my farm where i feed my family so their cows can eat my produce i will kill all their cows. Why dont they stick to their desert in the North? This aimless walking around has to stop. There is no justification. I am sure these attacks will go back and forth. Sebi the last time na poisoned mango.
Are you mad? You better talk to your people? You obviously are very crazy. All their animals will be burned alive and used for barbecue. Talk to those desert people to feed their cows sand, or else we go chop am.
Ha ha ha ha !!!! dont pray for that coz if it happen by now you are flesh, you wont come here and dissipate all this nonsence,
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Obiagu1(m): 12:47am On Feb 11, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

You have to look at the other side of a coin, banning them is not the solution more especially with our inept government, The truth is, the government should give them what belongs to them, grazing areas and put eyes on them, thats all!!!

They created the problem themselves, grazing on another man's farm.
I see them constantly in the East grazing on grasslands and no one complains, but why should they graze on farmlands?
It's stealing and wickedness combined.

Nigeria is so big that there are lots of grassland everywhere.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 12:48am On Feb 11, 2011
"Inept gov't"?

WTF does inept gov't have to do with anything?

Inept gov't should be the one buying them land, when other ordinary humans pay cash for land?

Why is the answer always "government should", rather than man should?

There is plenty of land in the Chad Republic, Sahara desert, or wherever the hell they are from. Let them go graze their cattle in the desert.

Or pony up some money and buy land to graze.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by TewMuch: 12:49am On Feb 11, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

Ha ha ha ha !!!! dont pray for that coz if it happen by now you are flesh,  you wont come here and dissipate all this nonsence,

Ask them what happens to them in Oyo state.rotflmao , they hardly live to tell the tale. You better know who be your mate. idiot. Their cows will be used for barbecue and no one will bat an eyelid. you carry yourself too high. Idiot, for a woman you are rather daft and dont even need to be talked to like a human being because you have shown you are less than. Goodbye. My last words to you, i dont talk to sub-humans who equate themselves with cows
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:51am On Feb 11, 2011
Obiagu1:

They created the problem themselves, grazing on another man's farm.
I see them constantly in the East grazing on grasslands and no one complains, but why should they graze on farmlands?
It's stealing and wickedness combined.

Nigeria is so big that there are lots of grassland everywhere.
They didnt created the problem themselves as your claim, the govenrment created the problem for not doing what it supposed to do.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:53am On Feb 11, 2011
TewMuch:

Ask them what happens to them in Oyo state.rotflmao , they hardly live to tell the tale. You better know who be your mate. . Their cows will be used for barbecue and no one will bat an eyelid. you carry yourself too high. , for a woman you are rather daft and dont even need to be talked to like a human being because you have shown you are less than. Goodbye. My last words to you, i dont talk to sub-humans who equate themselves with cows
Go take your gogoro
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 12:53am On Feb 11, 2011
Anyway, hopefully the Tiv have learned their lesson.

Slaughter the cattle, then find the Fulani and slaughter them too.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Obiagu1(m): 12:57am On Feb 11, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

They didnt created the problem themselves as your claim, the govenrment created the problem for not doing what it supposed to do.

There are reserved grasslands for grazing so don't say government created any problem.
If they've overused them, then they should equally think of alternatives; keeping their cattle in farms as we have in Britain, etc, and feeding them with feed like poultry and pig farmers do.

The problem is they want to raise cows without spending a dime, sell it and pocket the whole money. They should invest in their buisness.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 1:00am On Feb 11, 2011
Obiagu1:

There are reserved grasslands for grazing so don't say government created any problem.
If they've overused them, then they should equally think of alternatives; keeping their cattle in farms as we have in Britain, etc, and feeding them with feed like poultry and pig farmers do.

They problem is they want to raise cows without spending a dime, sell it and pocket the whole money. They should invest in their buisness.

In that case, they shouldn't be angry if someone slaughters their cattle. You are feeding your cattle on someone else's money; why shouldn't someone eat your cattle for free, then?

Fair is fair, is it not?
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Katsumoto: 1:04am On Feb 11, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

Think about what you are saying. Should the government provide land for everyone that buys cows? What about those that buy chickens? Should the government provide land for them as well. What about those that buy farming materials such as tractors, hoes, cutlasses, etc? Should government provide land for them as well.

The government is not a bank; if you want to engage in any commercial activity, you should have the capital to buy all factors of production. What the government can do is to encourage these guys to form cooperatives so as to buy land jointly if it is too expensive for individuals. Like eku_bear said, grazing on someone else's land is trespass.

Tell your brothers to stop looking for trouble. One day monkey go go market, e no go return.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Saraki: APC Vows To Stop ‘one Man Era’ In Kwara / $12m Contract: Uzodinma Released, Returns For Grilling Today / Gbajabiamila Launches PAN Nigeria's New Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.