Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,213 members, 7,780,397 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:33 PM

FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira (42349 Views)

University Of Maiduguri (UNIMAID) Senate Building (Photos) / Student Holding Python In University Of Maiduguri For Her CA Test / Meet Zahirat Galleon, University Of Maiduguri 1st Female SUG Vice President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by ThatFairGuy1: 8:17am On Aug 03, 2020
This is outrageous
Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 03, 2020
Abi undecided... I just weak
EmekaBlue:
grin Must be wall of Jericho

1 Like

Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by obonujoker(m): 8:18am On Aug 03, 2020
Lol...

No one cares about heaven at last these last days, all they do is steal steal and perpetuate fraud...

Remember the last day, your book will be opened

2 Likes

Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by chocboi78(m): 8:18am On Aug 03, 2020
How much come be 'the great wall of China
Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by ukukaegbu(m): 8:18am On Aug 03, 2020
And how much is the school itself worth?

1 Like

Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by Sagefromtheeast: 8:19am On Aug 03, 2020
Okay..

Like seriously

1 Like

Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by Esanboy111(m): 8:19am On Aug 03, 2020
Great Wall of China
Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by Openbusiness4: 8:20am On Aug 03, 2020
grin Daz all dey know how to do......STEEEEAAAAAALLLLLL! An upon d N64 billion, dey steal N63 billion, award 1 billion, loot half, use substandard products and den d project will just b anoda abandon project like d millions of oda abandon projects dat dey only complete on paper grin

1 Like

Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by Hopebringer: 8:20am On Aug 03, 2020
ruffhandu:
I guess all rantings will just end here.

Exactly

You need to realize Nigerians are like cattle, no sense of self

1 Like

Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by sonofElElyon: 8:20am On Aug 03, 2020
I get you but it is still. better than leaving it unfenced. at least the sound of the explosion will alert people that the university is under attack as against them sneaking in to kidnap and to carry out suicide bombings
IamaNigerianGuy:
So Boko Haram cannot blow up the fence ?

Restructure this country. These hausa/ fulani people are dragging us backwards

1 Like

Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by flyingpig: 8:20am On Aug 03, 2020
Gracealone:

It might even know your intentions as you approach.
grin
Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by Enemyofpeace: 8:21am On Aug 03, 2020
Thief thief government
Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:21am On Aug 03, 2020
64 BILLION WHAT

The first thing that came to our mind reading this headline was this below, and we went to Google to verify what we were sure of prior now....

How long is 3rd Mainland Bridge?

It is about 11.8km

The bridge was built by Julius Berger Nigeria PLC and opened by President Ibrahim Babangida in 1990.
It measures about 11.8km in length.
This is the longest bridge in Nigeria.

THE Federal Government has begun the construction of the 27.3-kilometre perimeter fence for the University of Maiduguri to check incessant attacks by Boko Haram terrorists.
64 BILLION NAIRA is hell a whole lot of money mehn!
Construction engineers, what is your take on this?

This is damn too much!

We are not rising until we get an answer!

Modify, on a second thought.....
Well, this is Nigeria, a country that fake news abound,
We won't be surprised to read a rejoinder that this news is fake......(we really hope it is!).

Welcome to Nigeria ��!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by Salewa95: 8:21am On Aug 03, 2020
I want to believe this is fake news.

But if not, then the whole FG are mad!!
Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by Abalado(f): 8:22am On Aug 03, 2020
God won't forgive this people for all these billions they are just shouting
Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 03, 2020
Is this a joke? 64billion to fence a university, what sort of budget padding is this? We are finished in this country.

1 Like

Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by brexit: 8:22am On Aug 03, 2020
Is this money not enough to build a new university in a safer place in the same State than this perimeter fencing, the state has a large land mass.

Let us consider this, while the existing structures will be used as military school and barracks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by gurunlocker: 8:22am On Aug 03, 2020
So fencing will stop bomb?

Instead of you to find lasting solution to this insurgency, find those sabotaging efforts and those who are praying this terrorism act doesn't end.

Thieves everywhere! They will be calling billions like it's a pure water sachet they want to buy.
Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by Deffjam: 8:23am On Aug 03, 2020
So na nigeria dem award the fencing of hellfire to? INTERESTING.

1 Like

Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by IgboSomalia: 8:23am On Aug 03, 2020
When the wall of China was built, despite how high it was, all the enemies did whenever they wanted to enter was to bribe the gatekeepers.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by Wettoid123: 8:24am On Aug 03, 2020
if it was Jonathan administration now everybody we be protesting against this huge amount budgeted for fencing una see goodluck Jonathan finish

7 Likes

Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:24am On Aug 03, 2020
....I'm speechless
Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by GAJIT: 8:24am On Aug 03, 2020
ebuk4real:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/n64bn-unimaid-fence/%3famp=1

Isn't that enough to start a university?
Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by goshen26: 8:25am On Aug 03, 2020
So the fence will stop BH?
Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by junketer(m): 8:26am On Aug 03, 2020
I guess the wall will have diamond encrusted in them. This amount is more than enough to build a brand new university of world standard with fence and cameras all around it.
The north is dragging nigeria backwards.

1 Like

Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by bewla(m): 8:26am On Aug 03, 2020
DeLaRue:
Ooo la la!

I was shocked by the profligacy and corruption under GEJ.

But the current situation is sobering.

When I saw the pictures going around of over grown grasses at some higher institutions, I felt sorry for myself, not because of the grasses but because I fear some of these universities will claim to spend hundreds of millions of naira on cutting ordinary grass.

Most contracts are grossly inflated.

My local FIRS office is threatening VAT audit left right & centre, yet all these taxes are just wasted and stolen by a few.
instead of get eleven cow and twelve goat to feed on it

but come to think of it
is the fence a laxer one which can not be penetrate by one bomb
Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by SenecaTheYonger: 8:27am On Aug 03, 2020
Wasteful spending is our status quo.
Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by Abfinest007(m): 8:27am On Aug 03, 2020
that work won't take more than 100 million
Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by Yemisi87: 8:27am On Aug 03, 2020
Aaaaaah! There is God oooooooh!
Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by sambrow(m): 8:28am On Aug 03, 2020
I hope it's with gold
Re: FG To Fence University Of Maiduguri With 64 Billion Naira by Openbusiness4: 8:28am On Aug 03, 2020
sonofElElyon:
I get you but it is still. better than leaving it unfenced. at least the sound of the explosion will alert people that the university is under attack as against them sneaking in to kidnap and to carry out suicide bombings
With N64 billion naira, they don't need a fence for protection, they can as well hire the Chad military or Cameroon or Russia military to destroy all the terrorists in Borno in 3 months. May una no dey support dis scammers in govt abeg

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UNIBEN Students Build Speed Breakers Along Lagos-Benin Express Road (photos) / Lady Who Graduated As Best Flying Student From The Nigerian Air Force / check your futminna remedial/under graduate admission status now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.