Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,409 members, 7,800,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space (27181 Views)

Four Astronauts Make History With Spacex Launch / NASA Spacex Crew Return: Dragon Capsule Splashes Down / SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by JastSiryin(m): 12:56pm On Aug 03, 2020
EliteBiz:
You need to be calm and think critically and realize that the world is been deceived. The foundations of this earth we are living on is firm and immovable. The Ancient are aware of this. Infact, they have more understanding and knowledge than this present age.

You need to use that phone in your hand to start searching for truth so that you can start seeing the lies of the world you are living in.

You need to realize that education, science, google, government, Media, Nasa, Entertainment, Religion and all other major corporation will go to any length to make sure you are not awaken to the real truth, the real you, the real capabilities and potentials you have as mankind (the only creation that was given dominion on earth by The Most High).

You need to start asking questions and thinking critically.

"The truth is always hidden from the masses"

You need to realize that NASA is just acting movies for the World. We are currently living in a generation with the highest dumb individuals, sadly.

Think!

Shalom
Bros it's ironic how you urge others to think while you've devoted your thought to the psychotic world of conspiracy theories. Better check yourself to the nearest psychiatric hospital. RUBBISH!
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by Nairalandmonika: 1:34pm On Aug 03, 2020
quentin06:

How do you explain the flat horizon, in art there is what they call a perspective, that is only possible on a flat surface, the earth is flat take it or leave it.
In a flat Earth there won't even be any horizon because we could see anywhere in the world from a very tall building but that's not the case.

The flat horizon is as a result of the earth curvature.

In the image below, the dash line is what u guys are calling flat horizon, it's as a result of a curve earth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by Solutionchima: 1:47pm On Aug 03, 2020
illicit:

I am not a spirit pls see a psychiatrist
lol.. You are a natural man. Try and get born again(born of the spirit) John3:6-8 by receiving Jesus Christ into your heart as your Lord and personal saviour
have a blessed day
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by Foodforthought: 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2020
PotatoSalad:

When you read about space exploration and possibility of Billions of planets that support life like our earth, you'd start to question your religious beliefs.
Problem is you'd rather remain ignorant that seek the truth.
Seek the truth? Yours is truth and mine is ignorance? How different are you from me then?. Hold on to your 'truth' and leave me to mine.
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by PotatoSalad(m): 2:09pm On Aug 03, 2020
Foodforthought:

Seek the truth? Yours is truth and mine is ignorance? How different are you from me then?. Hold on to your 'truth' and leave me to mine.
Eyaaaah. U wanna cry?
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by planetx: 2:18pm On Aug 03, 2020
Nobody as ever gone to space or the moon all lies and fiction. Nothing can go through the firmament above, you can believe all the NASA lies about going to space but the truth is there is no human being that can leave this planet by flying to "space".
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by Dansach: 2:20pm On Aug 03, 2020
Simplyleo:
Space exploration is one of the most dangerous careers in the world. As an astronaut, you are more a dangerous gambler than anyone else, and what you stake is your life. undecided

Outbound is a controlled flight and less risky than inbound which is not reasonably controlled.

Imagine being a crew member of a compartment falling from sky due to gravity and your only safety is landing in a deep water body. angry

Assuming there is some little mistake in the calculation and you eventually land on the shore. Even the pieces of the shredded compartment will be as tiny as pebbles. God forbid, I no dey do. angry

The Ocean is not river Niger.
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by Simplyleo: 2:22pm On Aug 03, 2020
Dansach:

The Ocean is not river Niger.
Pls are you referring to my post?

Cos I can't remember mentioning either of the two. undecided
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by wickedtuna: 2:42pm On Aug 03, 2020
NASA thinks the earth is flat

Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by Balenciagabrain: 2:49pm On Aug 03, 2020
GeoAfrikana:
Sincerely, I'm tempted to think space exploration is an overhyped bag of sh*t. NASA will share some watercolour artwork and say it's a picture of some galaxy million years away taken by the Hubble telescope. And all sorts of crap.

In fact, many say the so-called first landing on the moon was only meant to distract the masses during the civil wars.

However, we should remember that the essence of research isn't only to find solutions to existing problem. Rather it includes filling gaps in human knowledge even without an apparent benefit from such knowledge (at least presently).

Infact, this is the primary reason for research; to improve our knowledge of the world we live. This is why I'm surprised when I see people insulting our profs for doing research on abstract topics.

Hey, academic research isn't meant to directly solve societal problems. It's meant to only explore, discover and explain new things or old things in a different way.

It's the duty of the industry to solve societal problems.

Academia is one thing, industry is another.

I'm not saying our academia is doing well, but this isn't one of the wrong things about our professors and researchers.

Now back to the topic.

I don't think mere curiosity is enough reason for a country like USA to spend billions of dollars on projects. I believe there's more to it than they're telling the world. But then, it's their money and country.
We as black race seem to hold so much importance to money, thus always trying to quantify value in money terms. Truth is that the rest of the world asides us (blacks) live on the concept of value which they know is much greater than money. In fact, money is just a means to exchanging value for value which we (blacks) misconstrue money to mean value in essense.
Against this backdrop that we are being cheated by the rest of the world, thus they would come with currency papers in exchange for our natural resources and in return take back many more money from us in exchange for our refined resources.

In summary, until we learn the art of weighing values instead of money, we may never make as much sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 03, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

In a flat Earth there won't even be any horizon because we could see anywhere in the world from a very tall building but that's not the case.

The flat horizon is as a result of the earth curvature.

In the image below, the dash line is what u guys are calling flat horizon, it's as a result of a curve earth.

Its a lie, but enjoy your lies, the earth is a flat plane, surrounded by a wall of ice several kilometres thick, the fact that Antarctica was set off limits to people is proof of this.

Believe all the bullshit geography you were taught, am done here.
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by xxxtedyxxx(m): 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2020
EliteBiz:
You need to be calm and think critically and realize that the world is been deceived. The foundations of this earth we are living on is firm and immovable. The Ancient are aware of this. Infact, they have more understanding and knowledge than this present age.

You need to use that phone in your hand to start searching for truth so that you can start seeing the lies of the world you are living in.

You need to realize that education, science, google, government, Media, Nasa, Entertainment, Religion and all other major corporation will go to any length to make sure you are not awaken to the real truth, the real you, the real capabilities and potentials you have as mankind (the only creation that was given dominion on earth by The Most High).

You need to realize that NASA is just acting movies for the World. We are currently living in a generation with the highest dumb individuals, sadly.

Think!

Shalom

chai...

mumu
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by modath(f): 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2020
Simplyleo:

Not really about generosity na.

Na as e take happen I talk am. cool

All the same, I really like that post, honestly. Thank you so much.

Comments like this are what attracted me to nairaland. The likes of modath, hungerbad (of blessed memory), Mbbq, and recently, NwaAmaikpe and a host of well educated nairalanders. As for NwaAmaikpe, I may not agree with his idea, but I know he is intelligent. But now na just akamu full nairaland, just few intelligent folks are still available and they rarely make comments. angry

wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by Foodforthought: 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2020
PotatoSalad:
Eyaaaah. U wanna cry?
Cry? I'm dismayed at how daft your post suggests you to be, that's all.
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by Nairalandmonika: 4:06pm On Aug 03, 2020
quentin06:

Its a lie, but enjoy your lies, the earth is a flat plane, surrounded by a wall of ice several kilometres thick, the fact that Antarctica was set off limits to people is proof of this.

Believe all the bullshit geography you were taught, am done here.
Who told u Antarctica was set off limit to people. If u have money and u are working on a project u are very free to go to Antarctica. Antarctica is no man's land, it's very cold that's why people don't live there, but scientist go there for research, u can as well go there for ur research.

Secondly if flat Earth was surrounded by an icy wall, Antarctica will not be the only place covered with ice. Places like south Africa, Sydney should be able to see the icy wall down south.

Am done having this argument with u tho
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by Commmy: 4:45pm On Aug 03, 2020
faith551:

Goes to show the kind of people we have in this country. This same ideology is what kept Africa hostage while the world moved on. Zombie-like dependency on a particular state of mind without asking questions

Exactly @bolded... Some people are not just ready to learn. Most only want to hear something that support only what they know already and when someone try to tell them something different they find it difficult to believe or at least research on
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by Odunolumide(m): 5:11pm On Aug 03, 2020
dingbang:
angry so in essence, what is the summary of what they went to do?

Space tourism na, they want to operate a commercial program where people can travel just to view the space , moon and earth if they can afford it.

The spacecraft is the first craft that will be recoverable after landing from space. This successful landing will reduce cost as they won't have to be using a new craft every time. Once the craft returns from space, it can be serviced and will carry another set of people to space.
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by dingbang(m): 5:13pm On Aug 03, 2020
Odunolumide:

Space tourism na, they want to operate a commercial program where people can travel just to view the space , moon and earth if they can afford it.

The spacecraft is the first craft that will be recoverable after landing from space. This successful landing will reduce cost as they won't have to be using a new craft every time. Once the craft returns from space, it can be serviced and will carry another set of people to space.
wow.. What a sight to behold, seeing the earth from space . only the rich can afford this

1 Like

Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by PotatoSalad(m): 5:16pm On Aug 03, 2020
Foodforthought:

Eyaaaaah. Don't cry dear
Why so sad?! cheesy
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by cloudseth(m): 5:31pm On Aug 03, 2020
How conversant are you with the Parable of Talents in the Bible? I hope very much. Please relate it with respect to:
1. Races/Continents and their past/current growth/development
2. Your skepticism to act/invest but strong fervour to complain.
3. Your writeup regarding this OP.

EliteBiz:

How then have you been using the dominion/potentials? To accuse everyone but yourself of being witches/wizards and contaminants to your destiny? (which you don't even know about! cry ) or create conspiracy theories to mask your failure of not achieving anything tangible?

They don't have to hide it. Just place it openly and because people like you don't want to believe that such useful information can be placed in the open, you neglect it and search for the lies to satiates you as a warped truth ideology. Like they said, common sense even though out in the open is not indulge in by the majority. The majority is looking for its warped truth ideology to uncover.

Think!

Shalom
That's how our predecessors saw the researches, internetworking, technological breakthroughs and growth of the western world as "oyibo magic", "na wayo! E nor fit happen", "film trick" etc. and today we are still where they (predecessors) were if not lesser.
Please get data and download some old movies as far back as 1918 - 2000 and now begin to highlight some technologies shown in those movies and look around you today wether most, if not all of those technologies are in use today.

These people be acting in movies/showing us using prototypes what they hope to achieve in years to come but ours is being skeptical and retarding. If they were like us, the phones/cars/book/data etc. you are using would not have been invented (just like how our herbal medicine died due to skepticism & lack of documentation or research but theirs (Westerners) grew to become billion/trillion dollar industries).

Quick question, did Jesus use a technology (e.g. boats) in his travels? If yes, so his disciples or some other persons at that time was able to do 1+1 and make a boat... Baba/Mama which boat technology Naija get wey person fit use go fish/travel through sea? But that na technology wey done dey for 2500+ years o.

If you are not closeminded you'd understand that science is part of religion and God creating the world/man is an act of science.

Before person tell you with full confidence say you fit move mountains you think say na just to dey shout for church dey find enemy wey nor dey abi?

Mehn! Eclipse dey for Bible, God even reverse the day like TWICE sef but yet na to dey complain about everything be our own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by cloudseth(m): 5:42pm On Aug 03, 2020
planetx:
Nobody as ever gone to space or the moon all lies and fiction. Nothing can go through the firmament above, you can believe all the NASA lies about going to space but the truth is there is no human being that can leave this planet by flying to "space".

Same way there's no human who can
1. Enter a car/bike/bicycle/train and drive to anywhere using thoroughfares.
2. Dive below water level or use boats or even swim for we are not acquatic in nature
3. Communicate with someone from another place/city/country/continent or space using phones, computers, fibers/ethernet cablings and the rest because we don't have the inbuilt power to do so.
4. Fly in aircrafts, helicopters or balloons because we have no wings
5. Watch movies on TVs/computers/phones because no such thing exist...

And many other things ranging into infinity.
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by 0neal(m): 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2020
Haha!

We humans have the spirit of exploration, no matter how dangerous.

Mind you Crew dragon spacecraft is highly Autonomous, and with the amount of people at mission control for every expedition, very unlikely that kinda orbital miscalculation for re-entry will happen

in the 1960s more sophisticated orbital calculations to the moon and back were done accurately by human brain (the African American NASA lady Katherine and her crew comes to mind)

Maybe an electronic malfunction but very unlikely orbital miscalculation.

Simplyleo:
Space exploration is one of the most dangerous careers in the world. As an astronaut, you are more a dangerous gambler than anyone else, and what you stake is your life. undecided

Outbound is a controlled flight and less risky than inbound which is not reasonably controlled.

Imagine being a crew member of a compartment falling from sky due to gravity and your only safety is landing in a deep water body. angry

Assuming there is some little mistake in the calculation and you eventually land on the shore. Even the pieces of the shredded compartment will be as tiny as pebbles. God forbid, I no dey do. angry
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by fortress100(m): 7:14am On Aug 04, 2020
If you say the earth is flat, what about the sun and moon? How about other planets? Are they flat too? Right now your ancestors are ashamed of you for exhibiting such level of ridiculous ignorance.

1 Like

Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by PotatoSalad(m): 8:45am On Aug 04, 2020
Foodforthought:

He's still coming back to cry grin grin
It's gonna be alright son. Believe
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by Andy15(m): 11:55am On Aug 04, 2020
PotatoSalad:

Concrete pillars grin
nooo its 3 tortoise and a snake hahaha ignorant people even the bible says that the earth is suspended upon nothing.
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by ContractKiller: 3:34pm On Aug 04, 2020
Human nature (and with respect to you, I use that term with great reluctance) will always be a mystery.
Here's a notorious hatemonger who spends every waking hour of his life boiling in hatred for Igbos, acknowledging that, Nwamaikpe, an Igbo man, is his intellectual superior.
Still wondering how he was able to overcome his lack of cognitive ability to finally understand what everyone else has known for a long time.

Simplyleo:

Not really about generosity na.

Na as e take happen I talk am. cool

All the same, I really like that post, honestly. Thank you so much.

Comments like this are what attracted me to nairaland. The likes of modath, hungerbad (of blessed memory), Mbbq, and recently, NwaAmaikpe and a host of well educated nairalanders. As for NwaAmaikpe, I may not agree with his idea, but I know he is intelligent. But now na just akamu full nairaland, just few intelligent folks are still available and they rarely make comments. angry
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
Onitola2:
and the truth is precisely what?
Seek our Creator/Maker.
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
larryUG:

Thanks for your expose but i have some questions.
where does the bible say that the earth is flat?
why are other planets/heavenly bodies spherical in shape? Mars, Jupiter, the moon, the sun, other planets? at least if we havent gone to space, some of us have observed other heavne,y bodies with crude telescopes like the 1 Galileo used. i mean this is common knowledge if you attended a school that offers Astronomical physics in Nigeria. Without going outside to view the earth, by law of conformity, other planetary objects are spherical so why should the earth be flat? do not bring christianity into your ignorance please...
The Moment you realize that the bible is never a christian(religion)book, You will have greater understanding of this realm. when people call me crazy and abuse me , I smile and say nothing because I understand their reasons.

Shalom
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
Andy15:
so what is earth resting on?
Research : Ancient Hebrew Conception of The Universe. You can check the images. Please dont follow the crowd. The moment you see beyond the illusions that many are locked in, You will start having more understanding and start seeking Our Maker

Shalom
Re: NASA Astronauts Safely Splash Down As SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns From Space by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 04, 2020
faith551:
They wantu roast that Elitebiz guy grin. I mean how can someone intentionally and voluntarily decide to retract into an ancient shell in the prescence of all the scientific pogress and mind blowing inventions and discoveries??
Its like choosing to blind myself in this century. My only advice to him is to read and be openminded. Illiteracy can actually be a choice I see
“Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.”

"The more you know and the more truth you are aware of, the more you will sound dumb to ignorant individuals.

grin calling me crazy is a compliment, those who will wake up, they will, I am here to assist them.

Shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them / Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler / Fantastic Four: 4 Nigerian Teenage Girls Invent Urine-Powered Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.