Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children (13186 Views)

Monica Eimunjeze Appointed As NAFDAC Acting DG / Santa Claus Collapses And Dies In Front Of Children At School Christmas Party / Anayo Isaac With Mouth Cancer Blasts Enugu Governor Ugwuanyi For Not Helping Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by OEPHIUS(m): 4:48am On Aug 03, 2020
World Breastfeeding Week: Enugu Governor’s wife calls for appropriate feeding of children

The wife of the Governor of Enugu State, Mrs. Monica Ugochi Ugwuanyi, has urged mothers, fathers and wives of the Local Government Chairmen to join her in the renewed call for appropriate breastfeeding of children “as one pathway to mitigate environmental degradation that starts with correct breastfeeding”.

Mrs. Ugwuanyi made the call in her message to commemorate this year’s World Breastfeeding Week (August 1-7, 2020), themed: “Supporting breastfeeding for a healthier Planet”.

The Enugu State Governor’s wife listed the negative consequences of inadequate breastfeeding on malnourished children, especially when they become adults, to include stunting of growth and likely suffering of chronic diseases.

She added that such health challenges contribute in making populations vulnerable to pandemics such as the Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) currently ravaging the world.

Mrs. Ugwuanyi therefore harped on the importance of early initiation of breastfeeding of children within the first hour of birth, exclusive breastfeeding for six months and introduction of solid food as complementary feeding and continuous breastfeeding for two years of age or beyond.

She disclosed that breast milk contains antibodies that help babies fight viruses and bacteria, lowers their (babies') risk of having asthma or allergies, provides the ideal nutrition for the babies and makes them smarter, adding that babies who are exclusively breastfed for six months without a formula have fewer ear infections, respiratory illness and diarrhea.

“Breast milk is a natural, renewable food that is environmentally safe and green because it is produced and delivered to the consumer without pollution, packaging or waste. We need to respect nature, by doing first thing, first! Breast milk is the first food that we consume in life and it is a critical part of sustainable food system”, she emphasized.

While calling for renewed collaboration with relevant stakeholders towards the actualization of appropriate breastfeeding of children, Mrs. Ugwuanyi pointed out that “a warm chain of support from us all will create an enabling environment that empowers all mothers to breastfeed optimally for a healthier planet, saying: “I pledge to bridge the gap for the survival of our children”.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/08/02/world-breastfeeding-week-enugu-governors-wife-calls-for-appropriate-feeding-of-children/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by Olayemie1010(m): 5:10am On Aug 03, 2020
Nothing wey person no go see

1 Like

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by spyglaxx: 5:11am On Aug 03, 2020
It is a process whereby... Oti ye ko ye eh.
Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:12am On Aug 03, 2020
Here are some of the Benefits of Breastfeeding for Both Mom and Baby

Breast Milk Provides Ideal Nutrition for Babies.

Breast Milk Contains Important Antibodies.

Breastfeeding May Reduce Disease Risk.

Breast Milk Promotes a Healthy Weight.

Breastfeeding May Make Children Smarter.

Breastfeeding May Help You Lose Weight.

Breastfeeding Helps the Uterus Contract.

This is more than 100% better than all the milk formula in the market.
Talking from experience.

hotdo9:
Plus breastmilk is readily available and cheap.
Correct man!
Gbamsolutely!! wink
Thanks for that important one also!

HAPPY WORLD BREASTFEEDING WEEK.
RESPECT TO OUR WOMEN OUT THERE.
Na Correct woman una be!
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by clems88(m): 5:12am On Aug 03, 2020
Guys must suck bress today grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by chinavs9ja(m): 5:13am On Aug 03, 2020
Noted!

I am a professional website designer and developer. Check siggy below
Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by Nobody: 5:14am On Aug 03, 2020
Honorable first lady issokay issokay off your mic you are misleading us,

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:16am On Aug 03, 2020
clems88:
This is all you have to say in this enlightening and sensible thread Clem!
And this is one of the so called leaders of tomorrow!
"Guys must suck suck boobs 2day"!
Can you just imagine!

No wonder they are praying and fasting for dat one on BB9JA to remain in 'their' house till the end!

What a pathetic shame on this generation! sad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:18am On Aug 03, 2020
awhybliss:
If the important information below is what you call misleading..... then nothing anyone can say to you!
It is well with your soul.
SMH!

World Breastfeeding Week: Enugu Governor’s wife calls for appropriate feeding of children

1 Share

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by tillaman(m): 5:18am On Aug 03, 2020
grin
Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by XVIDEOSMOD: 5:19am On Aug 03, 2020
Na misplaced priority women wan breastfeed ? How can they breastfeed with silicon breast ?

2 Likes

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:23am On Aug 03, 2020
clems88:
Nigerians and mumu things. So breast is now food for guys too. Come off it bro and calm down too.
Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by Apeh217(m): 5:26am On Aug 03, 2020
Ladies in the house please breastfeed your man today oooo [color=#006600][/color]g

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:26am On Aug 03, 2020
awhybliss:
You amaze me. how is this misleading?

3 Likes

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by Kingrefreshed: 5:27am On Aug 03, 2020
OEPHIUS:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/08/02/world-breastfeeding-week-enugu-governors-wife-calls-for-appropriate-feeding-of-children/

Forget the milk... breast Sweet! Especially those ones still standing the test of Time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by mayorland(m): 5:29am On Aug 03, 2020
every infant needs adequate breast feeding

2 Likes

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by wfjimmytobby(m): 5:29am On Aug 03, 2020
make una breast feed me too oh ;Dmake una breast feed me too oh
Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by Zainhub: 5:30am On Aug 03, 2020
of course nah, Every child out there needs that
Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by Brandonx(m): 5:31am On Aug 03, 2020
True. I once met someone who probably due to health issues couldn't breastfeed her baby.
The baby really wanted to suck grin grin
Breast milk is not even sweet compared to formula.
Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by Nobody: 5:31am On Aug 03, 2020
Goat milk can also stand in as a feasible substitute. lipsrsealed

Don't argue with me. I am an expert pediatric nutritionist with over 10 years experience on the job.

MBBS(University of Nowhre)

3 Likes

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by emmabest2000(m): 5:38am On Aug 03, 2020
Booby ... Ara na azu nwa grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by Tobimercy(f): 5:38am On Aug 03, 2020
[/color] ok[color=#990000]
Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by fdigital(m): 5:38am On Aug 03, 2020
Kudos to our mothers
Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by Bar1941(m): 5:38am On Aug 03, 2020
Hope she is giving that her big head (governor)husband breastmilk as well, ladies pls always give your husband/ boyfriends breastmilk, they also need it for proper functioning.
Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by chelsea1116(m): 5:38am On Aug 03, 2020
CALL DOROTHY.

I had this girl i thought i will definitely marry when i come bk to Nigeria, this girl kept on sayin when our babies come, i will stop sucking her breasts..

I paused for a minute and imagined myself without sucking and touching breasts and nipples...DAMN!! I DONT WANT A WORLD WITOUT BOOBs!!

God is marvellous, he really created!!

Number 1 boobs loyalist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by Tobimercy(f): 5:39am On Aug 03, 2020
smiley
Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by Nobody: 5:39am On Aug 03, 2020
post=92399016:
Here are some of the Benefits of Breastfeeding for Both Mom and Baby

Breast Milk Provides Ideal Nutrition for Babies.

Breast Milk Contains Important Antibodies.

Breastfeeding May Reduce Disease Risk.

Breast Milk Promotes a Healthy Weight.

Breastfeeding May Make Children Smarter.

Breastfeeding May Help You Lose Weight.

Breastfeeding Helps the Uterus Contract.

This is more than 100% better than all the milk formular in the market.
Talking from experience.
Plus breastmilk is readily available and cheap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by DoTheNeedful: 5:39am On Aug 03, 2020
Breastfeeding babies is the way, but

#HusbandsLivesMatterToo. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by longsnake(m): 5:39am On Aug 03, 2020
;Dnot only children need to be breastfeed, even our adult need too please. ;Dnot only children need to be breastfeed, even our adult need too please.

1 Like

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by Nobody: 5:39am On Aug 03, 2020
fdigital:
and when the child starts behaving like goat , you will suggest lion milk to them se

Well sir, it all depends on the sort of "goat" you mean.

1 Like

Re: World Breastfeeding Week: Monica Ugwuanyi Calls For Correct Feeding Of Children by IMASTEX: 5:39am On Aug 03, 2020
Good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Discharges 12 More COVID-19 Patients / What Is The Solution To Ovarian Cyst? / The Dangers Of Postpartum Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.