Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best (11067 Views)

Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? / Is Toyota A Better Company Than Mercedes? / Is Toyota As Reliable As Nigerians Make It Seem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by ksmart027(m): 4:26pm On Mar 22, 2021
mine85:

What of the leg, they Say it's always having suspension?
Use oem ball joint, buy from amazon or ebay.

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Alba3: 5:02pm On Mar 22, 2021
mine85:

So you think civic is better generally. What lower model I should avoid, because the main challenge is fund, I need 2002 to 2004, it's usually cheaper

Can't say which is better, it depends on your budget, maintenance culture and the reason for buying... 03-05 Civic is good, it consumes least fuel among the above mentioned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by melviniyke2002(m): 4:09pm On Mar 23, 2021
dicksonadams:
Toyota might be known for durability and good mpg... But there are compromise which some buyers might not be aware of like handling, interior quality and plushness, performance, best bargain for value.
Other things worth considering

1, the best mpg is actual not corrolla's

2, cheapest parts corrola 2004 engine 250k transmission say 90k, Civic 2004 engine 120k transmission 80k

3, resale value - corolla 2004 bought at 1.8m sold 1.2m after 2 years... Depreciation or value lost 600k... HONDA civic 2004 bought 1.3m sold 700k aftsr 2 years value lost 600k...if use for Uber... The Civic guy would had recovered his money faster

Etc add yours
my oga dru23 wud like dis analysis grin
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by mine85(m): 5:05pm On Mar 23, 2021
Alba3:

Can't say which is better, it depends on your budget, maintenance culture and the reason for buying... 03-05 Civil is good, it consumes least fuel among the above mentioned.

Noted. Thanks
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by mine85(m): 5:05pm On Mar 23, 2021
ksmart027:

Use oem ball joint, buy from amazon or ebay.

All advice noted. It will guide me accordingly
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Kewtt: 5:08pm On Mar 23, 2021
Succinct thread
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Deeni131: 11:26pm On Aug 15, 2021
My toyota corolla 2009 start smoke
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by ITbomb(m): 4:01pm On Aug 16, 2021
Here was I vexing with my Hyundai Accent for falling from 15km/l to 13km/l

adanny01:

Your assumptions are shallow.

678/60=11.3km/l=26.58mpg

It still boils down to preference.

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by fabienjoe: 4:51pm On Aug 17, 2021
Alba3:

They are not the same. Civic is in class of Corolla; Accord is comparable with Camry, while CR-V could be compared with a 4-plug Highlander. However, CR-V shares same platform with Civic (Particularly from 07/08, no leg pulling) but they are not the same... not in size or fuel consumption, Civic is a compact car while CR-V is a crossover SUV.

CR-V actually compares with RAV 4 not Highlander..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by adanny01(m): 9:21pm On Aug 17, 2021
fabienjoe:

And Pilot vs Highlander
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Peppermintflav: 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2021
fabienjoe:

Yeah. And Pilot compares to Highlander
Acura MDX to lexus RX
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Deeni131: 6:48pm On Dec 25, 2021
I bought toyota corolla 2009 with bad engine {smoke} and without knowing and I can't buy new engine. I don't know what to do now.
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Dozieson(m): 8:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
Deeni131:
I bought toyota corolla 2009 with bad engine {smoke} and without knowing and I can't buy new engine. I don't know what to do now.

Is it shorting oil? Did you buy naija used?
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Deeni131: 11:24pm On Dec 25, 2021
Dozieson:

Is it shorting oil? Did you buy naija used?

Naija used not cotonou
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Dozieson(m): 4:19am On Dec 26, 2021
Deeni131:

Naija used not cotonou

Is it shorting oil?
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Deeni131: 5:16am On Jan 02, 2022
Dozieson:

Is it shorting oil?

Yes.
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Vivara: 5:18am On Jan 02, 2022
In fuel efficiency, it is one of the best toyotas coupled with the amount of mechanics available not to mention the parts
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Dozieson(m): 12:01pm On Jan 02, 2022
Deeni131:

Yes.

Just buy new engine or go for ringing.

Do your analysis and choose which is better for you.

Note; ringing is like 50:50. You may be lucky
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Deeni131: 4:02am On Jan 03, 2022
Dozieson:

Just buy new engine or go for ringing.

Do your analysis and choose which is better for you.

Note; ringing is like 50:50. You may be lucky

I think I better change the engine.
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Dozieson(m): 6:26am On Jan 03, 2022
Deeni131:

Best option

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by adubam(m): 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2022
Deeni131:

Check if the engine has not been overhauled / ringed before it can be ringed and work perfectly. I had my engine ringed and it worked perfectly. Most used engines out there are almost nearly at their peak some neatly ringed. Don't waste 380k and regret later except you go with an honest and competent mech - good luck.

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Deeni131: 6:40am On Jan 05, 2022
adubam:

Check if the engine has not been overhauled / ringed before it can be ringed and work perfectly. I had my engine ringed and it worked perfectly. Most used engines out there are almost nearly at their peak some neatly ringed. Don't waste 380k and regret later except you go with an honest and competent mech - good luck.

It has been checked. The engine has been ringed before. Can I use AC when I ring the engine. How power the engine will be after the ringing. If it can work perfectly I think I better ring it, is cheaper
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Dozieson(m): 8:56am On Jan 05, 2022
Deeni131:

It has been checked. The engine has been ringed before. Can I use AC when I ring the engine. How power the engine will be after the ringing. If it can work perfectly I think I better ring it, is cheaper

Maybe you don't plan to use it for long. It will still short oil after few months and the noise may increase. The choice is actually yours
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by adubam(m): 10:01am On Jan 05, 2022
Deeni131:

Two things are involved here:

1. The quality of the rings and other parts to be used for the overhaul
2. The competent of the Engineer.

Every engine can be "ringed"

Mine was not shorting oil - I serviced after the 3 months (private use), Though It was the first time I was ringing it. Consult a good Mechanic to evaluate it and give you advice whether to ring it again or to buy another engine.

When I did mine I noticed it performed better than when it was smoking and using AC on it was not an issue, because the engine performed better.

2 Likes

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Deeni131: 10:32pm On Jan 05, 2022
[quote author=adubam post=109096176]

Two things are involved here:

1. The quality of the rings and other parts to be used for the overhaul
2. The competent of the Engineer

How long with ring last before expire.
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Deeni131: 5:16am On Jan 06, 2022
Dozieson:

Maybe you don't plan to use it for long. It will still short oil after few months and the noise may increase. The choice is actually yours

Sorry it was a typing mistake. The engine has not been ringed before.
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Dozieson(m): 7:23am On Jan 06, 2022
Deeni131:

Sorry it was a typing mistake. The engine has not been ringed before.

Okay. Get a very good mechanic for advise. They need to measure the walls to know if the block is good enough for new rings

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by adubam(m): 9:19am On Jan 06, 2022
[quote author=Deeni131 post=109117105][/quote]

1. The quality of rings and other vital components
2. The quality of engine oil ( It would be advisable to revert to factory recommended grade after overhaul)

1 Like

Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by skywalker240(m): 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2022
Vivara:
In fuel efficiency, it is one of the best toyotas coupled with the amount of mechanics available not to mention the parts
Not compared to a Civic Bro
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Praxtech: 8:32pm On Jan 06, 2022
skywalker240:

Not compared to a C.ivic Bro
Civic should be avoided. E get reason
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Dozieson(m): 10:01pm On Jan 06, 2022
Praxtech:

Civic should be avoided. E get reason

Reasons pls! I have an intention of buying the car
Re: Is Toyota Corolla Really The Best by Praxtech: 10:13pm On Jan 06, 2022
Dozieson:

Reasons pls! I have an intention of .buying the car
It is not a strong car. You'll sweat like a donkey at the mechanic's place endlessly.... To locate a part you dismantle so many parts to get to the location..... With more possibilities of error given the kind of technicians we have.

In addition Cracked engine block is common among 2006 Honda Civics, the crack tends to develop right above the coolant channels, and commonly occurs once the vehicle reaches around 150,000 kms on its odometer. A cracked engine is virtually impossible to repair, and any such occurrence will likely require a replacement engine.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day? / What Are Your Experiences With A V6 Engine? Does It Consume A Lot Of Fuel? / What Are The Steps To Take When Buying Car Online (new Or Used)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.